• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Tidd

Marineford part 1 next week.
Also Hannyabal fortnight with Fukuro, Kalifa and SW Luffy books.

Baccarat with the tome dupe <3

MANUELF

Banned
I cant Get the third goal of the smoker mission, dont have G3 or Log Luffy and the most I have made is 2.35 million, will try a Mr 4 captain with a g3 friend or another Mr 4 if I find one

RalchAC

Marineford part 1 next week.
Also Hannyabal fortnight with Fukuro, Kalifa and SW Luffy books.

Baccarat with the tome dupe <3

They're releasing the Marineford Event during final exams right?

Christmas Holidays would be the perfect moment imo.

Yooooooooo!
JBtHMYN.png
<3

RalchAC

Not sure when your exams are over, but it starts the 21st :)

We are getting on the 21st the Story Chapter. Hopefully the event is released alongside it. No news yet.

I wish more people had evolved Tesoro captains. 2x Tesoro, Enel, Monet, Impactsopp and Doffy is a fun team to run the Strong World FN.

I wish the game had more slots for captains. I like to have some of my 8 crew slots fixed

2 for Slasher teams.
1 for Log Luffy teams.
1 for Baccarat teams.

Right now I have an extra slot saved for the team I used to Tesoro farming. A DEX team for Marguerite Fortnight. And 2 teams (Driven and Striker) for SW Fortnight. I'll try to farm the island using the team you just posted though. In any case, a SWShanks + Tesoro team should work well too.

Adeptrain

What is the special event people are talking about?
So, the Marineford Islands come in two parts, that such I saw in the database, and there's a special event with the second?

RalchAC

What is the special event people are talking about?
So, the Marineford Islands come in two parts, that such I saw in the database, and there's a special event with the second?

There are special events where you fight the Admirals in 5/10/15/30/35 stamina difficulties and crawl toward some objectives, which get you some goodies. The stages drop universal skillbooks and other nice stuff.

You get Marineford Ace and Luffy, which boost fighter by 2x if used in the same turn. And some other stuff.

I don't always like that they release non-Raid content at a much faster rate than in Japan, reducing the amount of F2P solution to clear stuff. But if they're doing it anyway, I'd rather have it while I have free time :p

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Skillbooks that can be used on any character. RNG still applies when using them, since they aren't guarantees.

Wow thats pretty amazing for Legends or in general units without skill book release. Are they already in the game or will they launch with this Marineford Event ?

Global hasn't gotten them yet. I think the Rescue Ace event is when they launched in Japan, but I could be wrong. I don't follow the Japanese side of the game's news all that closely.

MiTYH

Marineford so soon? That's a shock.

Pissed I didnt get Z to max, one away but here's hoping on the last run next week

Dokkan WT is on so there goes my free time. But I don't feel like going into Indigo today so I think I'll finally take on the Coliseium Chaos stages.

Also, in FN terms, we're VERY close to getting INTHawk books

Tidd

Also, in FN terms, we're VERY close to getting INTHawk books

Except we will get a 6 week interlude with all these Kimono fortnights :(

New story mode straw hats are amazing (compared to what they were before lol)

Too bad that Zoro loses the HP buff. But Zoro's special has a max cool down of 7. Also a free INT orb booster. Not bad.
Oh and it seems like you can roll back from 5+ to the normal evolution. Nice. I really hope that Legend Boa, Shanks Sabo and Rayleigh will get the same treatment. The rest of the legends should be fine.

OMG JAPAN HAS CYO TURTLE TIME EVERY MONDAY AND FRIDAY! and everything gives 1.5x more EXP.
Also dat new filter system where you can sort via color and class.
So many great improvements. GJ Bandai!

MiTYH

Dont even.....

Baccarat got me an extra ATK cotton candy and hidden tome! Love that.

Anyone else having very long connection times with the game since the update? I'm talking like a minute when I click on a stage to have go to selecting friend captain.

I'd rather not even have them at this point. The only thing that would even get me remotely interested would be if they changed the majority of droppable skill books. Do we really need more Bellamy, Namur, Koala, Hack, and Ivankov books? The only people who really need the banquet FNs are legend Jimbe owners, and they seem pretty uncommon so far in global. None of the FN units are remarkable. Boa books are nice but still available else where and Sabo books would be back in the WB allies part 2 FN not long after the banquets leave.

IntHawk deserves better than this.

Tidd

I'd rather not even have them at this point. The only thing that would even get me remotely interested would be if they changed the majority of droppable skill books. Do we really need more Bellamy, Namur, Koala, Hack, and Ivankov books? The only people who really need the banquet FNs are legend Jimbe owners, and they seem pretty uncommon so far in global. None of the FN units are remarkable. Boa books are nice but still available else where and Sabo books would be back in the WB allies part 2 FN not long after the banquets leave.

Tbh I somehow hoped that we would skip Hannyabal and went straight to the Mihawk books just because we all know that the next fortnights will be the Kimono units. :(
But we won't get these skill books again. Remember that before the movie content was released Bandai already changed the skill book order and they will continue it. I guess we will get Caesar, Monet, Buffalo and Baby 5 in 2 of the 3 Kimono fortnights. At least Caesar and Monet books are great.
But otherwise I would also prefer the Mihawk books.

NEXT SKILL UP EVENT ON THE 2nd JANUARY!!! Damn, Bandai likes skill up events. :D

MiTYH

Praise be onto Sugar, for she (and my Fuji friends) make farming Coby a breeze. Caesar lead, Doffy + all those TND orbs make quick work of Coby. Tagashi is actually the tougher one making sure not to trigger her anti-kill stuff. I'll farm a few Cobys then move onto Ace or Beckman. Still got a lot left to farm, and these few gem rewards make me feel better about everything I spent on Z.

This Colo is here for another week, right?

Majukun

for what i sw,they straight up swapped some of the skillbooks on global,so instead of koala and friends we should get the skillbooks that were in their place on the japanese fortnights..which means sw strawhats substitute skillbooks, probably

Hiltz

I've tried to get into the game and I'm about to reroll again. Are there any particular characters that are considered God-tier/demi-God tier to aim for? Also, should I generally be saving devil fruit for certain multi-summon events due to a higher drop rate?

bjork

I would like the kimono FNs so I can get some sockets going on all those dudes. I have three different Crocs that need sockets, like 4-5 Robins, etc, because I never got them done the other times they were around.

I've tried to get into the game and I'm about to reroll again. Are there any particular characters that are considered God-tier/demi-God tier to aim for? Also, should I generally be saving devil fruit for certain multi-summon events due to a higher drop rate?

You probably want to wait for a Sugofest, so you can start with a legend. Barring that, G3 Luffy is probably the best non-sugo character you can roll for, I think?

Adeptrain

You can ask EMTO or MANUELF if they have still have some spare legend accounts... Or wait till the next sugofest.. Which is a 2 day monthly event where you can get access to 6 star legends you can't pull otherwise.

MiTYH

Not to reiterate myself too much, but wow. I just got to the Oars JR Colo stage. First off, stage is definitely a beast. Failed the first time with double enel, couldnt take it. Read up, pulled together an Enel/Pell team with Mihawk and Sugar. Mihawk x3 times, Sugar, done.

Seriously. Sugar MVP.

As the others said, if you want a guarented Legend, wait for Sugofest, but you may have to wait till the end of the month since we just had one. Or, reroll for someone with a great ability (G3, Sugar (see my comment above), etc, there are a lot of good sub units), and save stones until sugofest. Since you're new, everything will be great, especially with multipulls now giving you 11 units for the price of 10

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Man, this golden lion FN is kicking my butt. Just hard to put together a team to take advantage of the powerhouse/driven buffs, and my strongest units are QCK, which does me no favors on the final boss. I have driven and powerhouse characters, but they aren't leveled up :\

EMT0

Banned
Awesome. Thanks for the help everyone.

I can give you a double legend account but won't be able to for about another twelve hours when I get home. I'm the dude that's sitting on a whole pile of them to give out to GAFers starting out :b

RedBoot

Finally, RR Kalifa books. I've had her max leveled and about half-socketed for a while, but I haven't been able to get much use out of her with her cooldown being so high.

Amused to get Hiruluk and Usopp Pirate (after their one fortnight delay) books so early. Also gonna have to decide if I want to hoard SW Luffy books in case I ever pull him.

Also, on the new "5+" Zoro and Nami: I'm gonna have to save the next dupe Zoro I get, because I want both Asura and the new one. I think most people will be happy with the upgrade (Asura's a great DEX tank captain, but I don't think high-level players use him as a captain much), but as a Sengoku owner I need to have Asura. Losing his high combo count sucks a bit too.

Nami's totally an "upgrade and never look back" situation though. So glad I maxed Thunderbolt Tempo's special while grinding Bride Nami FN.

I have Legend Croc, so I definitely want the Kimono fortnights (assuming Kimono Croc's droprate is at all better than Prison Croc's). There's a lot of useful stuff in there, sockets for characters like Mr. 1, Mr. 3, and Jimbe (even just for his RR version) are nice, and I don't think I'll ever run out of targets for Usopp sockets.

But yes, Legends and later RR batches waiting forever for books is a consequence of the way Global works. I kind of wonder if it'd be worth it to run two new fortnights simultaneously to try and catch Global up (since we're getting basically every other type of content at an accelerated rate). It wouldn't be fair at times since you might get double booked with fortnights you want to run, but if the end result was a Global that was universally about 1-2 months behind Japan in all content, it might be worth pulling off that bandaid.

RedBoot

According to Reddit, we should be getting some Christmas limited recruits from the 18th through the 22nd, including Christmas Tashigi, Bartender Rayleigh and Nobleman Sabo (both of whom are vaguely Christmas-y enough), and the Law and Bonney from last year. Sadly, based on that timeframe, it's probably going to be before the inevitable Christmas sugo.

Not sure how much I'll pull...all the units except for Bonney are decent, I'd even call Ray and Sabo great, especially for Sengoku teams. I was lucky enough to get the first limited Tashigi...not sure if my luck will hold out for the second (or the RR).

bobohoro

I cant Get the third goal of the smoker mission, dont have G3 or Log Luffy and the most I have made is 2.35 million, will try a Mr 4 captain with a g3 friend or another Mr 4 if I find one

If I remember correctly you have Killer, right?
Shouldn't double Killer Captain with GPU and 3 STR beatsticks work?

And nice having SW Luffy SBs so soon after pulling him. If I have the dates correct, the FN leaves on the first day of 2x skill-up, so I should be able to max the special. And Luffy sockets are just around the corner as well.

MANUELF

Banned
If I remember correctly you have Killer, right?
Shouldn't double Killer Captain with GPU and 3 STR beatsticks work?

And nice having SW Luffy SBs so soon after pulling him. If I have the dates correct, the FN leaves on the first day of 2x skill-up, so I should be able to max the special. And Luffy sockets are just around the corner as well.
I dont have him thats why I have a hard time with these missions

MANUELF

Banned
If we keep getting a story island a month I wonder if they're trying to hit the timeskip for the anniversary

We are way behind in units though, when marineford part 2 was released in Japan they already had legend Aokiji and Kizaru and Blackbeard was close to release plus we lack a good ammount of rr characters

OT: good luck so far with 3d2y sanji 2/5 skills up

Tidd

We are way behind in units though, when marineford part 2 was released in Japan they already had legend Aokiji and Kizaru and Blackbeard was close to release plus we lack a good ammount of rr characters

OT: good luck so far with 3d2y sanji 2/5 skills up

If Bandai want it we have all of these characters in 4 weeks. :D

RedBoot

I'm guessing they're going to tie in all the Marineford events with the 2nd anniversary, while the timeskip stuff will come a bit later. We still need v.6/Rayleigh shop (probably late January) before we can get v.7 and the super evolutions.

Although if that were the case, we're probably looking at Akainu raid hitting somewhere around early/mid February. Even if we get Colo Vista next cycle, Kizaru sometime in the next month, and a skill-up in-between them and Akainu, it's still going to be rough to build teams for that.

Tidd

I'm guessing they're going to tie in all the Marineford events with the 2nd anniversary.

The thing is it would make more sense to give us the Marineford event in January because the 2nd anniversary has also its own event. Ace island, which gives you tons of specific socket books, 2nd anniversary ship, which destroys a lot of raids. And because of this probably a clash of clashes. I can't see myself running the "save the ace" event if we get this at the same time. And I doubt we get one month without a story update. Also the super evolutions only came out with 3D2Y part 2 and we would get part 1 in February.
But hey it wouldn't be the first time that Bandai does this shit. They gave us Frieza during the the Halloween fortnight/colosseum where everyone would rather farm sockets for their new straw hats. :)

And I guess we will get the next raid at the beginning of January but don't ask me what we could get. We are so out of order again that I don't know what to expect. We still need N. Luffy, Pica, Kizaru and then we would get Sabo. 2x new raid incoming again? Tbh with N. Luffy and Pica I wouldn't mind it because they are easy 40 stamina raids.

bjork

I kinda want the holiday Bonney, as last year I got Law and want to finish the pair. But I also kinda want to sit until we get Akainu 6* and then go apeshit on multis, so I'm not sure. I have plenty of units to level up and skill up, but my mother was a gambler and that burning tavern icon makes my genetic weakness rear its ugly head...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So Shiki up tomorrow for the last time. Any idiot proof f2p team that could secure me one single copy ? I wont/cant farm him but just want one unit for my box.

Would be willing to stone once if the Drop is guaranteed.

I have Raid Enel but unskilled ...well and G3 but dont know if he can beat this one.
Global hasn't gotten them yet. I think the Rescue Ace event is when they launched in Japan, but I could be wrong. I don't follow the Japanese side of the game's news all that closely.

Pretty cool - i would use them on my Legend Lucci...would be rad if i would actually be able to use his active for once lol.

Top Bottom