• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Ah okay ...i think that was my issue - i waited until the transfer was complete and then force closed. Thanks good to know, would have likely wasted 60stam otherwise.

Were you able to clear the 60stam stage with that team yet ?
Kinda! I messed up and got a Great on my second to last hit, which left him with a sliver of HP so I died. I didn't feel like wasting more time and stamina on it, so I gemmed and beat him soundly afterwards. :p

I wasted 2 gems on stamina refills only to fail my runs a few days ago, so net loss overall. But, I... got the title I guess? *Shrug*

There was no sane reason for me to bother with this since I had 2 drops on 40 in his original appearance. However, my OCD would kill me if I knew there was content I failed to complete that will never return.

Edit: Top of page, post of shame!

MiTYH

Gonna do one pull on the sugo and stop. Usually I do 2 or 3 but with all this movie night farming, gems are in short supply, and I need to save for the anniversary. Only two months away! Stay strong everyone

What are the odds there'll be a gem sale? Dokkan does it often enough

EDIT: Tried way too long even with double baccarat to get a blue small crab. Maybe 5 runs, no luck. Ah well, I'll wait for a FN or something. In the meantime, did Smoker's raid with G3/G3/BB/3 penguins, got it on the first try, so that's nice.

bobohoro

Went 2 out of 10 on 40 stamina.
Nope, not gonna bother. 2 gems wasted I guess.

At least that's also a lesson learned for Doffy/Enel and other 60 stamina raids. Highest difficulty or leave it until another day.

Tidd

Kizaru is such a good sub for Slasher and Shooter teams. Tashigi and Smoker are also great. Too bad we will get the Log characters. Maybe I just do one pull. The last time I did one more pull got me Fujitora. :D
But at least you can get some new characters, even if it could be a silver.

bjork

I'll throw a multi in this sugo, I guess. Seeing that the only boosted characters that aren't new are Baby 5 and Abdullah/Jeet or old legends, at least there's a good chance that the +1 will be something nice.

Kizaru is such a good sub for Slasher and Shooter teams. Tashigi and Smoker are also great. Too bad we will get the Log characters. Maybe I just do one pull. The last time I did one more pull got me Fujitora. :D
But at least you can get some new characters, even if it could be a silver.

My gut is telling me to avoid this sugo at all cost. Plus, I typically have bad luck pulling new batch units, that or they're really not as boosted as we're lead to believe. As great as Tashigi and Smoker are, I'll wait to see what the pull rates are before I even consider it.

Anyone know why the new Double Stamina/Double Drop option isn't available in Japan for the Kuma raid today? I thought it worked for all returning content?

RalchAC

The problem is not the Log units themselves. But suddenly the RR pool got diluted A LOT.

If I had known I may have pulled a while ago. Lots of fake golds in Anniversary :(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Glad i got Shiki - otherwise this would have been a bad day. Nearly 100 stam wasted on getting a Blue armored Crab to evolve Marguerite and wasted 120 stam on Ultimate Shiki - at least i didnt stone for it.

Kinda! I messed up and got a Great on my second to last hit, which left him with a sliver of HP so I died. I didn't feel like wasting more time and stamina on it, so I gemmed and beat him soundly afterwards. :p

I wasted 2 gems on stamina refills only to fail my runs a few days ago, so net loss overall. But, I... got the title I guess? *Shrug*

Glad that you managed to clear it - i tried twice and failed, i could probably do it but i would need a couple tries and just dont wanna waste even more stamina right now. Need to keep working on my Blueno Skillups.

bjork

The problem is not the Log units themselves. But suddenly the RR pool got diluted A LOT.

If I had known I may have pulled a while ago. Lots of fake golds in Anniversary :(

I just hope with the log characters returning, we can get some books now. I'd use Log Usopp over GPU every time if the cooldown was the same. More HP/ATK, one more socket, plus a defense reduction. Pretty useful.

Is there any way to reset the Kuma raid if he sends off the wrong character? I read it was, but I can't figure out the timing. I tried exiting right after the character was removed, but it didn't work. If it's possible, then I assume I was late, but it must be a really tight timing if so.

About the only way I can clear him is with an Enel team that uses a Blue Penguin to stall. I can clear it super easily if he chooses the penguin, but it gets a lot harder if he chooses my Aokiji.

EMT0

Banned
Ahhhh!! EMT0! You got a Story Croc?!?! Sigh....that leaves me as the only Croc-less Gaf member now...:/ Anyway, Congrats on your great luck today!

I got lucky while trying to use up excess stamina, which happens just about every day on average. So it was only a matter of time until I got him. Thanks though :)

Hana-Bi

Can't clear stage 19 of Jimbe's forest somehow without taking a hit. Makes the boss stage impossible because I miss those turns to kill him.

In my first tries I didn't have any problem on stage 19...

Figured it out, but of course I mess up those combo hits on stage 20...

RedBoot

This would be a good time to pull the Baroque Works characters from the RR pool like in Japan, since we've got the new Silvers and the Log replacements. Hopefully Bandai will do that soon (or they'll wait til after the Anniversary).

I'm a little more miffed that the limited X-Mas characters go away when the sugo starts. Scrooge Bandai. Probably doing one pull for the limited characters and two for sugo. Looking forward to pulling both Tashigis and Kizaru! (by which I mean 3 Mr. 5s).

MiTYH

Are the xmas characters worth pulling for? How about the new legend?

In my opinion, No and Yes. But I don't think Borsalino is even boosted this time, so it might be better to wait. And with all the new characters, an all-gold (probably coming in Feb) is probably the safest bet

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
In my opinion, No and Yes. But I don't think Borsalino is even boosted this time, so it might be better to wait. And with all the new characters, an all-gold (probably coming in Feb) is probably the safest bet

I think using my gems to on the raid fest at the beginning of the year is probably best, now that I think about it. I don't have any of those dudes, except one Mihawk.

Hana-Bi

Fucking finally! Cleared Jimbe forest. :)

The run was rough and I wanted to quit it because I messed the last stages up but got the meat luck I needed to get to stage 20.

My team was:

Double LL
IntIva
Legend Doffy
Raid Boa
GP Usopp

Run was straightforward:

Use LL special on stage 15
Use Usopp on stage 16 (you can tank one Namule hit if you have enough meat orbs)
Use Doffy special on stage 17, clear stage with some hits from Chopper or Brook.
Use a LL special and IntIva special on stage 18
Use Boa special on stage 19

And then you only need to hit those good, great, perfect against Jimbe. You need to tank the first Jimbe hit, then use GP Usopp, then IntIva and hopefully you didn't mess up your hits so that you can clear Jimbe with the two turns you get from the Boa special + one turn burst from Doffy.

You can clear the forest with raid Doffy too. Stage 19 is way easier this way, although you'll need orb luck for your burst turn against Jimbe with a psy orb on any character.

Maxed the Sun Pirates ship with only 123 colas. I'm still at 876 colas now. Hopefully we'll get raid Sabo and new forests soon and hopefully I won't open those 7 cola mails I still have.

RedBoot

Are the xmas characters worth pulling for?

If you have Sengoku, the X-Mas characters are probably worth a shot. Otherwise, you'd be better off saving gems or pulling during the sugo.

X-Mas Sabo boosts the chain multiplier, which is a fairly rare ability and not something that is common amongst under-20 characters. Rayleigh is the best DEX orb booster available to Sengoku (outside of just using an unboosted Doffy). And Tashigi is essentially a full-heal for Sengoku. But pulling for limited characters isn't particularly beneficial, so even with Sengoku it's not something you want to spend much on.

Hisoka

Finally!

Got my last 3 skillups with 15 Shiki. Used some tome to finish the remaining sockets, was worth it, i guess. No more gems to sink into this raid, nono. You can leave now forever, i won't miss you.

MANUELF

Banned
I have been skill up less all day on 3d2y Sanji, the cooldown is still at 22 turns and I cant beat Indigo reliably on 30 stamina without a friend Fujitora, will farm 15 stamina the time left

Kyou

God I must have done a hundred runs trying to get the last skill level on 3d2y chopper and indigo

And didn't get them. Fuck off forever you stupid clown

MANUELF

Banned
The only character I maxed from Indigo was Scarlet, Indigo got to 17, Billy to 9 and 3d2y Sanji got stuck to 22 and now I cant remember What was my team for the Nami-Robin fortnight I only remember it was a Double Enel one

Edit: at least Japan is nicer
C4KnnWm.png
The perfect sub for my Fujitora and my fourth legend in Japan

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The only character I maxed from Indigo was Scarlet, Indigo got to 17, Billy to 9 and 3d2y Sanji got stuck to 22 and now I cant remember What was my team for the Nami-Robin fortnight I only remember it was a Double Enel one

Edit: at least Japan is nicer

The perfect sub for my Fujitora and my fourth legend in Japan
Just drop Global and go full Japan.

Adeptrain

God I must have done a hundred runs trying to get the last skill level on 3d2y chopper and indigo

And didn't get them. Fuck off forever you stupid clown

I've been running Indigo exclusively these last two days to max my chopper, Sanji and get some Marco books.

Not a single maxed character and zero skillups from the 14 Marco books I was able to scrounge up. So very disappointed with this stupid fortnight!

EMT0

Banned
I've been running Indigo exclusively these last two days to max my chopper, Sanji and get some Marco books.

Not a single maxed character and zero skillups from the 14 Marco books I was able to scrounge up. So very disappointed with this stupid fortnight!

Ditto on my lack of maxed characters, except I managed to steal one skillup away on Marco for my troubles. I only saw 5 books, and it was at a rate of two gems per book :/

Hana-Bi

I'm glad that I only need to max 3d2y Luffy from those movie fn/raids... Sadly I don't have 3d2y Nami/Usopp so I just feed those books away and hope that some other fns with all the books from the movie content will be coming in the near future.

cw_sasuke

Finally some skillup yesterday - went 3/5 on Blueno skillups...only need one more and i have the second unit on my Powerhouse team max skilled.

No luck so far on his books though. Need to run that Nami/Robin Fortnight for the stones as well.

Was planning on skilling up 32DY Luffy...but i doubt ill be able to.

bobohoro

does 3d2y Luffy's special get much use in the meta?

Doubt it since it is totally unnecessary overall.

But from experience I can tell you that it is one of my most used specials in the game. Just adds another layer of safety to burst turns and is very nice to have when you are grinding raids and don't have to concentrate quite so hard. It helps that he is Top-10 in terms of attack for QCK units and has 4 easily farmable slots. And as a captain he pairs well with G3, Ray or Legend Doffy, which all profit from easier perfects.

cw_sasuke

Doubt it since it is totally unnecessary overall.

But from experience I can tell you that it is one of my most used specials in the game. Just adds another layer of safety to burst turns and is very nice to have when you are grinding raids and don't have to concentrate quite so hard. It helps that he is Top-10 in terms of attack for QCK units and has 4 easily farmable slots. And as a captain he pairs well with G3, Ray or Legend Doffy, which all profit from easier perfects.

Stahp...i dont wanna farm his books lol.

But after your post and seeing that i already invested a bunch of sockets into him...maybe i should try to get him to 17 turns or so.

Hope it works out better than Zoro.

so since we've all totally maxed our Shikis and Tesoros I thought I'd share this team I came across for colo coby

...a Baccarat team!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nLKO1AKvSQ&feature=youtu.be

I tried it and ate complete shit but it was my fault, and it looks like it might work okay? With the low number of drops in a coliseum your chances are even higher of a double coby

I beat it twice using that team. Level 5 autoheal helps. Tashigi can be come a problem if you're not careful. If her turn comes up when she's below 50% she'll put up a resilience buff that will almost assuredly ruin your run. I fucked up one time but managed to kill her by activating Fuji's special to bypass the the buff before taking too much damage. Not getting a tandem orb on Tesoro on the two turns you're going to burst her can ruin your chances too. With Doffy, Shiki, and Smoker specials, Coby is pretty much a cake walk so long as you don't fudge your combo.

I haven't gotten a duped drop at all though so I'll probably just go back to my quicker, more reliable team to finish my sockets.

Kyou

I just don't know if I can justify grinding his books.

It's the only book I can use from that fortnight and in all my time running it previously I only got ONE

bobohoro

Stahp...i dont wanna farm his books lol.

But after your post and seeing that i already invested a bunch of sockets into him...maybe i should try to get him to 17 turns or so.

Hope it works out better than Zoro.

Welcome to my hell. It doesn't help that I get one of his books to drop every 5 runs and that his skill refuses to level up at all. And I lack SW Ace friends, surprisingly enough. But yeah, I aim for 17 turns as well.

What I'd really like for them to add to the game would be character usage stats. Would be really interesting to see which specials you used the most, which characters for certain kinds of content and so on.

cw_sasuke

Welcome to my hell. It doesn't help that I get one of his books to drop every 5 runs and that his skill refuses to level up at all. And I lack SW Ace friends, surprisingly enough. But yeah, I aim for 17 turns as well.

What I'd really like for them to add to the game would be character usage stats. Would be really interesting to see which specials you used the most, which characters for certain kinds of content and so on.

Oh that sucks..hope you get luckier with the rest of your skillups. I dont know if i should go for those books or instead should try to get some Tesoro copies tomorrow...havent done 40stam yet - but RalchAC/EMT0 implied that it wasnt that difficult to farm.

Decisions, decisions...

And yeah this would be an amazing idea...seeing how often you used specific skill on which Island etc. Hope they add something like this in future updates.
I just don't know if I can justify grinding his books.

It's the only book I can use from that fortnight and in all my time running it previously I only got ONE

Thats always the worst...farming the Island for only one unit - yikes.

I still have Tilestone to skill up ...but yeah not that much better.

cw_sasuke

Spend a stone for stamina and did like 6 Nami/Robin runs..not a single Luffy book, so yeah im not bothering.

On more a more positive note i managed to max skill Blueno. Kinda want to max skill Maguerite as well, would be fine on my Shooter team.

Adeptrain

Been busy lately with fortnights, so I haven't really touched the new colleseum. I cleared most of it, but holy shite is Ben Beckman's chaos set like really really tough! Starting with that really annoying Buggy Level, it took me all day trying various teams to finally beat it. And I gemmed once at Ben's level too....geh, I'm never touching that level ever again!

bjork

Did some amazon FN runs while watching Giant Bomb stuff from yesterday. Got two Croc books that were good for 1 skill up, 3 Sanji books that were good for 0 skill ups, and 5 Ohm books that were good for 3 skill ups. Don't remember the rest because once Ohm's went 3x I could only laugh at how dumb RNG is.

At least this FN will return, so if I don't make it this time, I can max Croc later.

Can't farm more until I get home, but I'm 2/4 on babby Robin so far,
only 2 skill ups left and she's maxed!

Not really looking for any books from this FN aside from tilestone, but at least it gives yummy nami sockets.

Top Bottom