• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

EMT0

Banned
After doing some number crunching, I'm feeling pretty confident about farming Mihawk and Monster Chopper, and in turn farming Enel. But I'm 90% sure I can't farm Doffy with my current box, not without a maxed and socketed GP Usopp and a massive pile of STR boosters to dump on Mr. 1 and Arlong. I guess I'll have to wait for the next time his raid comes around :/

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
After a day or so of thinking about it, I'm gonna go for them. It's Christmas, I got no sweetie to buy anything for, so I might as well go in deep on some pirates.

I love this attitude and approve of this plan!

Tidd

I don't understand Bandai's beef with having secret characters in the RR pool for global sugofests. It seems like Japan has them in there all the time.

This isn't completely true. Japan only has one secret character in it while we get 3 at the same time. It's the whole secret character system which is messed up for global. But otherwise I agree with you. They should be included.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Is there much of a point in farming marguerite? I feel like Kizaru is going to be the next raid on global, and he's a petter option for the "dream team" than marguerite.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Is there much of a point in farming marguerite? I feel like Kizaru is going to be the next raid on global, and he's a petter option for the "dream team" than marguerite.

Fixed damage could come in handy, and the delay can be helpful. Also, Marguerite allows you to change the meat into matching after Heracles'n special.

Kyou

glad to have fine tuned a team that just tears shit through Coby

Ray/Ray/Raid Kuma/Tesoro/Sugar/GP Usopp

Usopp is there for sockets and to make stalling for Kuma easier

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
glad to have fine tuned a team that just tears shit through Coby

Ray/Ray/Raid Kuma/Tesoro/Sugar/GP Usopp

Usopp is there for sockets and to make stalling for Kuma easier

Ace Dream team with Duval instead of your QCK shooter also works.

On the left: Ace, Heracles, Zephyr.
On the right: Ace, Franky, Duval

Use Heracles and one ace's special against Tashigi to kill her mobs. Put the Dex orb on the left ace, kill her with regular attacks.

Then against Coby, use Duval, 2nd Ace (To lock orbs and kill mobs), and Franky on turn 1. Kill Coby witih regular attacks. On turn 2, after coby revives and locks your right 3 units and kills your franky orb boost. use Zephyr special and finish him off iwth Heracles, Ace, and Zephyr regular attacks.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Went 1/3 on Luffy skillbooks - only one more skillup to go and i have reached my minimum.

Couple comments after playing the game regularly again

- its funny how i stopped playing the game because i never pulled a Legend. Pulled Lucci and came back - only to realize how solid my box was to begin with and how great G3 really is. At this point i use G3 for almost everything - doesnt matter if Story, Fortnight or Raid - if he can do it.

- this game really need somekind of ingame Turtle Clock that notfies you when they are up, without relying on a 3rdParty website you are guaranteed to miss them as a casual player.

- the game is crazy well balanced compared to other gacha games - Kudos to Bamco for that. The great units we got early on like Mihawk, Whitebeard, Golden Pound, G3, 2.5x leads etc. are all still relevant as ever if not more. Other games have to constantly buff older units so they get any play in the current meta, but OPTC was perfectly designed from the beginning - thats rare.

- stopped regularly playing when Sockets were still kinda new, so the couple units with Socket almost all have only Bind and/or Despair - which in the current Meta is kinda lackluster. Completely missed the boat on Matching robs or Autoheal, so ill need to get some Sockets there - esp. for my Lucci/Powerhouse team.

- no comment but a question - whenever i team up 3D2Y Luffy with Rayleigh the damage seems kinda lackluster. Is the damage higher or lower compared to a 2.5x teaming up with Rayleigh ?

- current Fortnight Robin seems useless...but Kid Namis active might come useful..should i skill her up ? Otherwise i would rather just socket Towel Nami and the OG INT Robin.

RalchAC

Went 1/3 on Luffy skillbooks - only one more skillup to go and i have reached my minimum.

Couple comments after playing the game regularly again

- its funny how i stopped playing the game because i never pulled a Legend. Pulled Lucci and came back - only to realize how solid my box was to begin with and how great G3 really is. At this point i use G3 for almost everything - doesnt matter if Story, Fortnight or Raid - if he can do it.

- this game really need somekind of ingame Turtle Cock that notfies you when they are up, without relying on a 3rdParty website you are guaranteed to miss them as a casual player.

- the game is crazy well balanced compared to other gacha games - Kudos to Bamco for that. The great units we got early on like Mihawk, Whitebeard, Golden Pound, G3, 2.5x leads etc. are all still relevant as ever if not more. Other games have to constantly buff older units so they get any play in the current meta, but OPTC was perfectly designed from the beginning - thats rare.

- stopped regularly playing when Sockets were still kinda new, so the couple units with Socket almost all have only Bind and/or Despair - which in the current Meta is kinda lackluster. Completely missed the boat on Matching robs or Autoheal, so ill need to get some Sockets there - esp. for my Lucci/Powerhouse team.

- no comment but a question - whenever i team up 3D2Y Luffy with Rayleigh the damage seems kinda lackluster. Is the damage higher or lower compared to a 2.5x teaming up with Rayleigh ?

- current Fortnight Robin seems useless...but Kid Namis active might come useful..should i skill her up ? Otherwise i would rather just socket Towel Nami and the OG INT Robin.

The thing I love the most is how old units are still relevant, even the ones from RR. There are awesome units from the Whitebeard Commanders, v2 Strawhats and Supernova batches.

Some have got upgrades, like Kid vs Vergo, but that doesn't make him useless. I mean, I got V1 Robin, Vista and SWS Zoro a short while ago and I was really happy despite them being over a year old. That's an A+ in my book.

Hana-Bi

Finally max socket my Colo Coby. :)

@cw_sasuke: you only need one unit with matching orb sockets on your team. Every higher level will get you only a little benefit over level 1.

I would socket my Robin v1 and Towel Nami. The fn Robin and Nami aren't that great and Robin v1 is still one of the best Robins out there. And 3d2y Robin is only better if you have legend Croc.

bjork

I'm not hip to using the damage calculator, but I would imagine the last two hits of a Luffy/Rayleigh team would be pretty strong in comparison to a 2.5/Ray team. I don't know what the max 3D2Y Luffy multiplier is as I've only used him as a sub, but Rayleigh/Rayleigh is 25.0x at 4x multiplier, so Luffy's got to be close.

Tidd

It's more or less the same. 3D2Y Luffy does a little more damage.

I took a Rainbow Slasher dream team and swapped around captains to show the different effects:

2x IntHawk
RYo7HIN.png

2x Ray

Ray/3D2Y Luffy

Ray/RaidHawk

IntHawk/RaidHawk

cw_sasuke

Well that's definitely a feature request if I've ever seen one ...

lol thats what i get from wanting to get that post in before leaving for the Gym.
The thing I love the most is how old units are still relevant, even the ones from RR. There are awesome units from the Whitebeard Commanders, v2 Strawhats and Supernova batches.

Some have got upgrades, like Kid vs Vergo, but that doesn't make him useless. I mean, I got V1 Robin, Vista and SWS Zoro a short while ago and I was really happy despite them being over a year old. That's an A+ in my book.

Yeah, thats really amazing...especially for players like us who dropped the game for months to be able to come back like this and find that most subs we used before are still as relevant.

First couple days i wasnt willing to try anything outside Story and the easier Fortnight levels - then by playing and reading some Gaffers team setups i realized bit for bit that the evergreen still kick ass. Even without any buffs or special extra evolution like in other games - really impressive.
@cw_sasuke: you only need one unit with matching orb sockets on your team. Every higher level will get you only a little benefit over level 1.

I would socket my Robin v1 and Towel Nami. The fn Robin and Nami aren't that great and Robin v1 is still one of the best Robins out there. And 3d2y Robin is only better if you have legend Croc.

Perfect thanks - didnt know that level 1 Matching orbs is already enough. Definitely will aim for that on every team i use and Socket Nami/Robin as suggested, My G3 team could use it - right now i only have matching orbs if i team up with G3 that has those Sockets.
I'm not hip to using the damage calculator, but I would imagine the last two hits of a Luffy/Rayleigh team would be pretty strong in comparison to a 2.5/Ray team. I don't know what the max 3D2Y Luffy multiplier is as I've only used him as a sub, but Rayleigh/Rayleigh is 25.0x at 4x multiplier, so Luffy's got to be close.
It's more or less the same. 3D2Y Luffy does a little more damage.
Hmm...you are right, im probably just not used to Rayleight - because the final hits seem always powerful but the first couple are quite. I will put more time into him w. Rayleigh if i get some more Sockets on him.

Doesnt help that i was playing him when i still was messing up a lot of attack timings...which doesnt have the best effect on the damage lol.
I took a Rainbow Slasher dream team and swapped around captains to show the different effects:

Nice, thats helps a lot. Thanks.
Ray/Luffy damage is a lot closer to Ray/Ray damage then i thought. This confirms that i probably was screwing up too many hits and didnt realize that the focus is on the final attacks.

Excited to give 3D2Y Luffy another try. Right now im looking at which Captain i can use to team up with other Legends. I also would like for my Int Iva to team up with Sabo...but not many people use him in my list.

Zephyr team up with Ace seems good - but im just not used to that team and im missing hits all the time lol.

bjork

Excited to give 3D2Y Luffy another try. Right now im looking at which Captain i can use to team up with other Legends. I also would like for my Int Iva to team up with Sabo...but not many people use him in my list.

Zephyr team up with Ace seems good - but im just not used to that team and im missing hits all the time lol.

I can put a Sabo up. I don't think mine has any sockets, but I do believe he's level max, at least.

As far as Zephyr, I thought most of his appeal came from syncing with Ace well. Not sure what the ideal shooter team is, though. A Heracles for the slot swapping, then I have no idea beyond that.

bobohoro

As far as Zephyr, I thought most of his appeal came from syncing with Ace well. Not sure what the ideal shooter team is, though. A Heracles for the slot swapping, then I have no idea beyond that.

SW Franky for the orb boost, Heracles for orb control in rainbow teams. The other two spots are variable. SW Usopp is pretty good, as is Gladius, GPU works, Marguerite as well.

wpE7nlX.png

This is the team I run at the moment. Ace's boat would be another big bonus, Raid Boa and Raid Kizaru are notable F2P upgrades down the line. You can swap Franky with Doffy for even bigger single burst damage but lower HP and normal attack.

Tyccviz.png

That would work as a F2P single burst team.

EMT0

Banned
Tyccviz.png

That would work as a F2P single burst team.

That was the exact team I was planning on building with my newly maxed Zephyr. Part of the nice thing about Marguerite is that you only need 2 special ups to have her more or less ready to roll in a Shooter team as that's when her special matches Zephyr's(16).

cw_sasuke

I can put a Sabo up. I don't think mine has any sockets, but I do believe he's level max, at least.

Would be cool to have a Sabo up from time to time to play around with.

The Shooter team i used was:

Friend Ace/Zephyr
Halloween Franky/Heracles
Marguerite/Golden Pound

Had quite the issues with Franky/Zephyr and Ace and their attack animations...will be a while until im ready for that team.

Does 3D2Y Nami ever skill up? Havent gotten a single one in 15 books

I've maxed her first time the Robin fn was around.

Just maxed Robin's skill and socket today;

With that I've maxed all the chars with some use except for dr.indigo, gaspard & butler. (who knows, maybe I'll get a chance if they ever return) And obviously I haven't maxed shiki as I lack the team to do so.

I'll try to punch a few more sockets out of Tesoro and Zephyr without gemming when they return, but otherwise I'm 100% done with the movie content for now.

No offense but why didn't you use the coffin boat for the INTHawk team? Damage is easily comparable (vs all but PSY) or better (PSY) than Ray's team that way

Coffin Boat's damage modifier is the same as Thousand sunny tho, it's only better for slashers due to extra HP.

The only reason your damage output is higher is the extra matching slot.

Alright, I give up. I thought I'd be able to skill max Colo Ace today but the game isn't cooperating. Each fight takes too long and I'm not getting any skill up luck whatsoever. It looks like a 15 turn CD is where Ace is going to stay.

No offense but why didn't you use the coffin boat for the INTHawk team? Damage is easily comparable (vs all but PSY) or better (PSY) than Ray's team that way
As Neorice said, Coffin Boat vs Sunny wouldn't make a difference in the team's attack power (other than not giving Ray / Luffy any boat boost at all), it would just make the team tankier with extra HP for the Slashers. The reason your team calculation has higher attack there is because you gave an orb to the FC IntHawk and set the enemy defense to 0. I didn't do full matching orbs because I wanted to exclude RNG orb luck with the calculations and solely rely on orb manipulation. Vista = Matching Orbs for the Bottom 2. Suleiman = Matching Orbs for himself and Captain, Zoro = Self Orb.

Alas, I copied the initial IntHawk team off of a link from a reddit "Dream Teams?" thread. I completely forgot about the boat selection and didn't notice the HP being set to 1 or defense to 2000. :p

MiTYH

As Neorice said, Coffin Boat vs Sunny wouldn't make a difference in the team's attack power (other than not giving Ray / Luffy any boat boost at all), it would just make the team tankier with extra HP for the Slashers. The reason your team calculation has higher attack there is because you gave an orb to the FC IntHawk and set the enemy defense to 0. I didn't do full matching orbs because I wanted to exclude RNG orb luck with the calculations and solely rely on orb manipulation. Vista = Matching Orbs for the Bottom 2. Suleiman = Matching Orbs for himself and Captain, Zoro = Self Orb.

Alas, I copied the initial IntHawk team off of a link from a reddit "Dream Teams?" thread. I completely forgot about the boat selection and didn't notice the HP being set to 1 or defense to 2000. :p

Ah, I gotcha. Sorry then, I blame the Dokkan tourney for messing with my brain on that one.

EMT0

Banned
I was messing around with the damage calculator and man...I can't wait until we get that new Shanks. He lets us pull off one crazy ass F2P team.

nOGU5r0.png

MiTYH

Spent al day not playing to let stamina increase naturally for Tesoro. Just about full and did my snail pulls, stamina restore! The force is strong to hopefully let me max him without a lot of gems today

EMT0

Banned
Whoo, finally! Finished off Enies Lobby, got the Thousand Sunny, and got enough fodder to max Story Croc and evolve him into Slasherdile. It took me two tries to finish off Lucci on the last stage, but the only thing that got me through was orb luck. I figure once I get raid Doffy, I should be able to clear it far more reliably so I guess I won't be farming him until after the first week of January at the earliest.

Tidd

We have a 10+1 pull for the christmas characters? Oh my, I can't imagine how many will think this is a real sugo and will pull because of that. :)

Edit: Looks like I've never read the announcement. One of the christmas characters is guaranteed.

Edit2: And done with Tesoro. Got my 2 sockets with 3 copies.
Pulled twice and got shit. STR story chopper and Luffy v1. Whatever. At least the STR up is true. :p

Caim

Finally maxed Tesoro and I've got one more socket left til he's done.

Did 4 singles for Xmas characters and got nothing. Lesson learned!

commish

Okay just can't consistently beat Tesoro, not easily enough to max him. Got up to 15 copies, got 1 skill up, gonna throw in the towel. Need to work on my sockets and specials!

RedBoot

X-Mas pull was Oars Jr dupe. Better than a Mr. 5, I guess. Although I guess that's my fifth Oars since my main copy has 4 sockets now.

Ran Coby colo most of the weekend. Skill ups were iffy, ended up 2 away from max. I wanted to finish him, but I guess I'll have to grab some copies next week. Oddly enough, I got a ton of socket books while running him. Not sure where to put them next.

Managed to finish Tesoro with 3 skills on my first 5 copies today, which was great since I thought he was only 2 from max. Carina is fully socketed, only level 4, but I don't have much need to run this raid anymore.

Gonna get my last 2 Marg skills and last 1 Croc skill tomorrow, then I'll be ready to switch to Hannybal on Tues.

Adeptrain

Crap! Forgot my team for Gild... Sigh.
On a brighter note, against my better judgment I did one multipull. Got iceberg, that girl who looks like tashigi, Xmas Sabo and gentleman law :) the rest silvers.... But I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

EMT0

Banned
Finally maxed Tesoro and I've got one more socket left til he's done!

Same here, just maxed out my Tesoro's sockets. That's 2 raids down, which means I accomplished my goals for movie week* :D

*Marco books were never part of my stated goal list, otherwise I'd have failed miserably :'(

cw_sasuke

Okay tried Tesoro 40 - and its really easy with a 2x Nami team.

If i have enough Nami friends up during the day i might try to farm it.

I probably also can team up with Rayleigh...i think.

commish

Crap! Forgot my team for Gild... Sigh.
On a brighter note, against my better judgment I did one multipull. Got iceberg, that girl who looks like tashigi, Xmas Sabo and gentleman law :) the rest silvers.... But I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

I screenshot all my teams so I don't forget ;)

Finallyyyyy got a consistent team for Tesoro. Will farm him up tomorrow.

bjork

Had three pulls on my alt, they were the truest of holiday miracles

Kaya
Nojiko
Chaka

I'm still gonna throw a multi because what the hell, and then I need 1 on 3 sockets for Tesoro to be socketed fully, and he's at skill level 9 so I have whatever left, but he's a cinch to run so I should make it.

[edit - 2x base Xmas Sabo, Xmas Rayleigh, 3 Iceburg, and dupe silvers. But Sabo's on a 6 turn cooldown, so he might be useful.]

Kyou

I'm kinda tempted to just delete Valentine Perona from my box

she's terrible and her art is way way too similar to good Perona's and it's fucked me over more than once

Top Bottom