• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

EMT0

Banned
Keep trying, Hammer Usopp also resiste for me bu I got him and got him twice on the Marco-Jinbe sugo in November

You can do it! Your luck is much better than mine when it comes to story characters, and even I got impact usopp.

My 2nd drop was another belli bag, now I'm four story drops in a row without a character payout. To add insult to injury, the first two were Story Enel who'd likely be good enough to get me through this raid >.>

But I shall persevere...I hope.

EMT0

Banned
Looks like the new Coliseum content is Dorry and Apoo. I really want both, but I'm pretty sure I still don't have a box capable of farming the Chaos coliseums yet.

ExVicis

Alright so it's been a day since I've started and I'm trying to figure out what's the correct path for a new guy like me, if I should just progress the story, do the side islands or grind a bit. I've gotten as far as Arlong Park but I haven't gotten anything noteworthy except an Alvida drop from way earlier. Not much else going on though.

EMT0

Banned
Alright so it's been a day since I've started and I'm trying to figure out what's the correct path for a new guy like me, if I should just progress the story, do the side islands or grind a bit. I've gotten as far as Arlong Park but I haven't gotten anything noteworthy except an Alvida drop from way earlier. Not much else going on though.

You got Alvida? That's excellent! I'm not sure if this will be helpful, but I've been keeping a log of my progress since I started my account ~45 days ago. Maybe reading through it will give you some insight on why I do what I do, and why I prioritize certain things over others. Additionally, the bottom link will send you the Reddit's new player roadmap which is a very helpful resource to players just starting out. I'd recommend checking it out before checking my log, actually, as it'll answer far more questions than my log will.

My log
New Player's Roadmap

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

The New Player's Roadmap EMT linked is pretty valuable for new players.

Your initial goal should be to progress in the story until you unlock the Extra Isle. In the Extra Isle are rotating events, raids, battles, where you can recruit some great units for free. Basically where all the fun is.

Story island progress is generally reserved for when there's nothing worthwhile to (or nothing you can) farm in the Extra Isle since the Extra Isle provides the best experience to stamina ratio, and you can get some really valuable units via fortnights on the Extra Isle.

Your first goal as a new player will be to accumulate gems for a decent Sugofest, and try to form a team that can take up Mihawk raid.

Kyou

VN7GTbI.png

Whew! I knew it was doable. What a fantastically easy team, I even fucked up a few times. Heal level 4 when every guide called for 2 made it a lot easier too :D

Shoutout to Maju's perfect god-like Fuji. Not throwing any Soda at this until I see what else is on the horizon. Doffy or Enel forest would be way more immediately useful.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Congrats on your guys for getting your final Zephyr copys.
Hannyabal fn drops are horrible. In all those runs today I only got one Kalifa and two SW Luffy books...

Used all my Stamina on Hannybal and even ranked up - so around 10 runs and still havent gotten a single Kalifa drop. Thats just ridiculous.

ExVicis

You got Alvida? That's excellent! I'm not sure if this will be helpful, but I've been keeping a log of my progress since I started my account ~45 days ago. Maybe reading through it will give you some insight on why I do what I do, and why I prioritize certain things over others. Additionally, the bottom link will send you the Reddit's new player roadmap which is a very helpful resource to players just starting out. I'd recommend checking it out before checking my log, actually, as it'll answer far more questions than my log will.

My log
New Player's Roadmap

I'll take a look through both since I have a lot of small questions that might be answered in either link.

The New Player's Roadmap EMT linked is pretty valuable for new players.

Your initial goal should be to progress in the story until you unlock the Extra Isle. In the Extra Isle are rotating events, raids, battles, where you can recruit some great units for free. Basically where all the fun is.

Story island progress is generally reserved for when there's nothing worthwhile to (or nothing you can) farm in the Extra Isle since the Extra Isle provides the best experience to stamina ratio, and you can get some really valuable units via fortnights on the Extra Isle.

Your first goal as a new player will be to accumulate gems for a decent Sugofest, and try to form a team that can take up Mihawk raid.
Alright that sounds doable enough. At least the gems part. I'm at 34 so I might be able to get enough for the multi-pull.

Is Mihawk endgame content?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Alright that sounds doable enough. At least the gems part. I'm at 34 so I might be able to get enough for the multi-pull.

Is Mohawk endgame content?

Mihawk is basically your gateway to mid-high level content. It opens a lot of doors for you. With Mihawk, you'll be clearing a lot more story and fortnights with ease. You'll be able to build teams that can take on other raids. I'd say Doflamingo is probably the gateway to higher level content.

EMT0

Banned
Mihawk is basically your gateway to mid-high level content. It opens a lot of doors for you. With Mihawk, you'll be clearing a lot more story and fortnights with ease. You'll be able to build teams that can take on other raids. I'd say Doflamingo is probably the gateway to higher level content.

As a mid-level player, yep. Doffy can let you clear things you'd otherwise have no right to be clearing.

linkent

Made a huge mistake on not gemming last skill up for Zephyr during 2x.
Fed 28 of him to get that last point.
3 gems gone.
At least he is maxed.

RedBoot

Marineford was pretty easy. Only lost to Smoker once (bring Ain or Bind lv.3). Spent the better part of a stamina bar farming Mihawk, but no drop yet. It actually looks like we won't get the usual few days of double drop, so I guess I'll have to wait til next week to try again.

Looks like the new Coliseum content is Dorry and Apoo. I really want both, but I'm pretty sure I still don't have a box capable of farming the Chaos coliseums yet.

There goes my theory of Vista being next. Also surprised they didn't toss Alvida in there, the next wave is three characters so she won't fit.

Won't mind going back a bit in difficulty though. Farming Apoo should be fun.

EMT0

Banned
How many gems? Today is neither half stamina nor Double drop

14 so far, so you can bet that I'm bleeding for it. Tomorrow is double drop, but I really don't want to leave it to luck. If I can get it done before going to bed, so much the better. But at this rate I guess I just gotta try tomorrow and pray...

Kyou

Colo Apoo seems... not great? Unless he has some kind of Blackbeard synergy going on

Colo Dorry is pretty good right?

EMT0

Banned
Colo Apoo seems... not great? Unless he has some kind of Blackbeard synergy going on

From what I've read up, they're both pretty damn handy. Apoo lets you make this (F2P) team in the future:

EcTnG4C.png

Meanwhile, Colo Dorry + Broggy lets you makes this team; 3D2Y Sanji can be replaced with Nightmare Luffy, or Gasparde for two turns of burst.

76Xhma1.png

Those are just examples of teams that I've been playing around with. Apoo is excellent in Log Luffy/Gear 3rd teams and a boost to Free Spirit teams. Dorry gets a lot less hype but unless you have 3D2Y Sanji, he's basically the best F2P Powerhouse booster you can get alongside Brogy. Plus they have a pretty neat tandem as well.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
14 so far, so you can bet that I'm bleeding for it. Tomorrow is double drop, but I really don't want to leave it to luck. If I can get it done before going to bed, so much the better. But at this rate I guess I just gotta try tomorrow and pray...

I'm really not so sure it's worth spending that many gems on Impact Usopp farming. I could kind of understand if it were for a story mode exclusive character, but I can pretty much guarantee you'll pull him in a sugo in the not too distant future.

And you don't need him for any content currently except maybe Aokiji, who probably isn't a priority right now.

cw_sasuke

Dont think i can handle another day of zero useful Hannybal drops.

Maybe ill try to get some stones via Coloseum or Story.

PS. Colo Apoo looks pretty nice - would use him on my G3 squad. How difficult will it be too farm ? Yet to clear a single Chaos Colo stage or whatever the highest difficulty is.

Marineford seemed really easy compared to previous story aisles. Too bad we only had a few hours of 2x drops. I'll have to come back for more Mihawk drop attemps next week. The only curveball was that Kizaru blinds you and you probably won't have the turns to stall it out. He was still easy enough to kill with a standard slasher team with STR units.

I've been trying out Drunk Rayleigh in my Sengoku team. He works really well with Breed and Momonga since he's also cerebral and fills the roll of orb booster after using Breed's special and Momonga's 1.75x cerebral boost.

EMT0

Banned
I'm really not so sure it's worth spending that many gems on Impact Usopp farming. I could kind of understand if it were for a story mode exclusive character, but I can pretty much guarantee you'll pull him in a sugo in the not too distant future.

And you don't need him for any content currently except maybe Aokiji, who probably isn't a priority right now.

In any other scenario I'd be in full agreement with you, but in this specific case it's something of a necessity. Impact Usopp lets me farm Aokiji, who in turn lets me farm Doflamingo, who in turn lets me farm Enel. It's an unholy daisy chain that I'm determined to actually pull off, and it all begins today if I can get Impact Usopp. I'm telling myself that it's the cost of not doing any pulls today to make myself feel better about my crap luck, tho.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Can I use colo apoo to skill up/socket my RR Dex apoo? I'm not sure how it works.

I'm all set to not be able to farm Aokiji! I have a PHY team to burst him, but not enough bind/desp sockets to get there w/o using stall usopp. But I need impact Usopp for burst. Bah.

bjork

In any other scenario I'd be in full agreement with you, but in this specific case it's something of a necessity. Impact Usopp lets me farm Aokiji, who in turn lets me farm Doflamingo, who in turn lets me farm Enel. It's an unholy daisy chain that I'm determined to actually pull off, and it all begins today if I can get Impact Usopp. I'm telling myself that it's the cost of not doing any pulls today to make myself feel better about my crap luck, tho.

Impact Usopp isn't boosted in this sugo, which means everyone will pull him.

Can I use colo apoo to skill up/socket my RR Dex apoo? I'm not sure how it works.

Sockets, yes. So like, you can use any Luffy to socket a different Luffy, or QCK Apoo to socket DEX Apoo.

For skills, it has to be the same name and I think the description also has to match? Generally no one overlaps between versions iirc, though there is the skill that's shared by Johnny/Gaimon/one of the giants, and they can skill each other up.

working on shanks socket books for aokiji raid

managed to get 33 Zephyr copies i only need 7 skill ups hopefully thats the case

1 socket off max Basil Hawkins colo

bobohoro

Hannyabal fn drops are horrible. In all those runs today I only got one Kalifa and two SW Luffy books...

I agree, although I have quite a few Kalifa books already.
But then I also don't have her, so that's a given.

SW Luffy and Hannyabal drops though, the two I want? Yeah, pretty dry. Especially Hannyabal, haven't seen such a low droprate for a FN boss in quite some time.

MiTYH

Did four marinaford stages today, seems pretty easy compared to recent ones.

Taking a break and breezing through the new FN. Thank you all Legend Lucci owners, you're making this go easily with a fun STR team!

For those curious, I'm using Double Legend Lucci, Oars JR, MC, Young Arlong, and Hack. All powerhosue STR members. No real stalling necessary, especially with a good autoheal

commish

Sockets, yes. So like, you can use any Luffy to socket a different Luffy, or QCK Apoo to socket DEX Apoo.

For skills, it has to be the same name and I think the description also has to match? Generally no one overlaps between versions iirc, though there is the skill that's shared by Johnny/Gaimon/one of the giants, and they can skill each other up.

Very helpful. Thanks!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Hmm, why do you need Aoikiji for Doflamingo? The ftp option is generally Monster Chopper.

EMT0

Banned

Hmm, why do you need Aoikiji for Doflamingo? The ftp option is generally Monster Chopper.

Most of my STR units aren't good enough to pull it off. I've only got Alvida for a damage reducer, my Monster Chopper has zero skillups and is sitting at Lv. 50, etc. with my GP Usopp also not being at max special yet. Most video guides I've seen require 2 damage reducers or a damage reducer and a maxed GP Usopp to pull it off. What I do have is a maxed Diamante and a decently strong Kid which led me to this video. I don't have Whitebeard, but the video shows that this team has spare turns to finish off both Doffys, so I figure that Mihawk will be good enough to pull it off.

MiTYH

I find Aokiji to be a harder fight than Doffy. So, hopefully you can pull both off.

A lot of people would agree with you. Myself included. Personally I'm looking forward to demolishing him for the first time in a long time thanks to SW Shanks. But before that, I was reliant on G3 teams

Did some FN runs, got the secret stage twice by not one single hannibal drop. Come on.... Took a break to do some new story, got Hina to drop which was nice. Seems niche, but anyone who can delay is great to have.

Only two more stages left but I'm out of stamina.

RalchAC

A lot of people would agree with you. Myself included. Personally I'm looking forward to demolishing him for the first time in a long time thanks to SW Shanks. But before that, I was reliant on G3 teams

Did some FN runs, got the secret stage twice by not one single hannibal drop. Come on.... Took a break to do some new story, got Hina to drop which was nice. Seems niche, but anyone who can delay is great to have.

Only two more stages left but I'm out of stamina.

I would say that Aokiji is quite harder, or at least was, due to how much Doflamingo is needed. Things are not as bad anymore, since 1.75x orb boosters are a more common thing, but when we first launched Doffy was the only 1 turn orb booster available.

I farmed him a bit last time with a Log Luffy team and I got him down to 25 turns. Despite me still not liking much how Log Luffy captain ability works, I think I've gotten quite better at him. I've been using him lately for Story Mode too. 2 Log Luffy easily clear Boss Stages with multiple mobs.

This time I'm planning for a 2x Marco or a SW Shanks + Marco team. Shanks is just amazing.

cw_sasuke

+600 stamina wasted - still waiting on my first RR Kalifa skillbook drop. Never experienced such a bad droprate during a Fortnight - if this is how things gonna be on future Fortnights ill be dropping out real quick again.

MANUELF

Banned
I have gotten 2 RR Kalifa books, both on Hannyabal and one in 30 stamina and the other in 10 stamina, now I can finally farm it

Hana-Bi

Will do some multis today. Hopefully I'll get Tashigi and Smoker. With my sugo luck I only get every other unit with way too many pulls...

commish

I have enough for one multi tonight. I think I want Towel Nami most of all...I have so many of her books in my inventory. Would love those 60 spots freed up.

EMT0

Banned
I have enough for one multi tonight. I think I want Towel Nami most of all...I have so many of her books in my inventory. Would love those 60 spots freed up.

Know that feel cuz I have about 30 of her books saved up, but I dedicated all of my gems to God Usopp today. 3 hours, 45 minutes left and still nothing fml

MANUELF

Banned
Know that feel cuz I have about 30 of her books saved up, but I dedicated all of my gems to God Usopp today. 3 hours, 45 minutes left and still nothing fml

I was farming for Wapol and still nothing, not even a beli bag but I dont need him for anything so is only to pass the time

Top Bottom