• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Hana-Bi

Is there a particular reason so many people are pulling this sugo?

It's a fairly regular one right?
Finally some new decent and interesting units (Smoker and Tashigi) and its xmas so you can gift yourself some silver and fake golds. ;)

With my multis I also got 3d2y Franky and Elizabello. :)

Tidd

Used my books on my maxed special coby and pulled another legend! You should do it, too!
No, I didn't and please don't do it!

Saw someone in this thread pull swaceand did 2 single pulls

1. Some 3* bull
2. 4* base luffy (thankfully this provided my last socket needed on log luffy!)

Not sure who to give these almighty manuals to during the next skill up think either Log Luffy who needs 3 more till max or 6* doflamingo..thoughts?

Tidd

Saw someone in this thread pull swaceand did 2 single pulls

1. Some 3* bull
2. 4* base luffy (thankfully this provided my last socket needed on log luffy!)

Not sure who to give these almighty manuals to during the next skill up think either Log Luffy who needs 3 more till max or 6* doflamingo..thoughts?

You can farm LL books RIGHT NOW. Doffy books shouldn't be that far off but at least it's better than Luffy. Personally I'll wait till we get the increased skill up chance because these books are really rare and expensive.

You can farm LL books RIGHT NOW. Doffy books shouldn't be that far off but at least it's better than Luffy. Personally I'll wait till we get the increased skill up chance because these books are really rare and expensive.

I just said that i'll wait for skill up event i'm just deciding who to use them on yes true his isle is out but i need albida books also

Tidd

I just said that i'll wait for skill up event i'm just deciding who to use them on yes true his isle is out but i need albida books also

No, I mean something different. During the 2nd anniversary Japan got a permanent improvement for the skill up rates. Before it was 1/5 during a skill up event after that it's 1/3.
But don't waste them on Luffy and go for Doffy. His special is so much better than Luffy's. In the end this is what I would do and it's your decision. :)

MANUELF

Banned
First try at 60 stamina Aokiji died at stage 3 thanks to not stalling enough, will try now with Tanaka instead of Ain since his cooldown is at 9 and his special should be enough
he also hits harder and has more HP

Hana-Bi

So, will post the units I keep after my four multis (unevolved means that I already evolved the unit and keep the unevolved version):

Barto
Elizabello
3d2y Franky
SW Franky (unevolved)
2x Smoker (evolved and unevolved)
Bastille
2x Maynard (evolved and unevolved)
Abdullah and Jeet (unevolved)
2x Log Nami (evolved and unevolved)
Tashigi
Sentomaru
Kuina
Genzo
Usopp Pirates

17 units I keep out of 44 is a really good sugo for me. :) I was lucky to get 3d2y Franky and especially Elizabello because I pulled for him when he first came way too much and didn't get him back then.

For Barto I need to think of a nice team though...

I fucking hate Aokiji's raid so fucking much.

Just blew 120 stamina dying on the first two stages. He's my least favorite raid by far.

I really miss my tablet, I just can't get used to perfect timing on my phone. /:

RalchAC

So, will post the units I keep after my four multis (unevolved means that I already evolved the unit and keep the unevolved version):

Barto
Elizabello
3d2y Franky
SW Franky (unevolved)
Bastille
Tashigi
Sentomaru
Kuina
Genzo
Usopp Pirates

17 units I keep out of 44 is a really good sugo for me. :) I was lucky to get 3d2y Franky and especially Elizabello because I pulled for him when he first came way too much and didn't get him back then.

http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...99,324:99,661:99C1,10B150D0E1349Q0L0G0R6S100H

That team should be rather easy to obtain and do quite nice damage against most types. Only RR there is Log Usopp, which is quite useful because he is Usopp, and an Striker, so Barto boosts ATK by 2.75.

MANUELF

Banned
t2QP4Du.png
The ugly face of not maxed units mooks me yet again

No, I mean something different. During the 2nd anniversary Japan got a permanent improvement for the skill up rates. Before it was 1/5 during a skill up event after that it's 1/3.
But don't waste them on Luffy and go for Doffy. His special is so much better than Luffy's. In the end this is what I would do and it's your decision. :)

Ah really? My apologies i read hat wrong but 1/3 is pretty good if we ever get that

bjork

So the science is imperfect and I didn't get a Log Luffy after feeding those books to Mr. Tanaka. I got a SW Shanks instead, which means I have three now.

Also got Smoker and an evolved Tashigi though, so hooray.

MiTYH

Oh my god. Aokiji is SO EASY NOW thanks to SW Shanks. Godbye G3, and
rot in hell
. Seriously, I enjoy G3, but hate it at the same time.

Since my pulls were trash last night (Bazooka and Trebol dupes), I think I may take my 5 gems from whatever I would have pulled and invest it in Aokiji. We've got skillup coming again soon, so I won't mind the box space he takes up, and I really need his special reduced by a lot

Also, universal skillbooks finally. Almighty? Sounds cool. Wish is was guarenteed. I think I'll have to use it on INTHawk though....

Bring on the anniversary!

EDIT: Silly baccarat, you got my dupes on the special island, but both turtles!

Decided to do 50 gems worth of pulls cause I've been running out of units to turtle.

Despite my previous sugos being garbagge this one was a BLAST!

1: buffalo new
2: diamante new
3: BOA HANCOCK LEGEND (3rd legend, scoooore)
4: genzo
5: another diamante
6: TASHIGI!
7: Blue usopp? I think that's SW?
8: v1 sanji
9: fukuro dupe
10: log zoro dupe
11: Bastille

Tashigi, diamante and Boa hancock rock this party.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Decided to do 50 gems worth of pulls cause I've been running out of units to turtle.

QCK Usopp could either be SW or Log. Frankly, both are good.

Also, welcome to the Hancock club. I eagerly await the day when 6*+S are revealed and Hancock breaks the meta.

QCK Usopp could either be SW or Log. Frankly, both are good.

Also, welcome to the Hancock club. I eagerly await the day when 6*+S are revealed and Hancock breaks the meta.

Yeah it was SW usopp, better for me right now as I don't have any impact teams anyway.

What's Hancock's current utility? I know she's a meh captain, but she's a fairly good sub right?

EMT0

Banned
Yeah it was SW usopp, better for me right now as I don't have any impact teams anyway.

What's Hancock's current utility? I know she's a meh captain, but she's a fairly good sub right?

Yep, Hancock is actually a pretty great sub for Legend Marco teams for clearing forests and if you don't have Legend Marco, basically Marco for most purposes.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

She's a Superlative Sub on G3, free spirit, Qck, and fighter teams. Lots of farmable sockets and short cooldown. Good stats too.

It feels good to finally have a team that can wallop Aokiji:
Anti-Lock 2 and Anti-Despair 1 is needed, but easy to get due to the Tesoro captains alone.

The auto-target on the previous stages is the major danger here. A run can be lost due to it targeting the wrong enemy and leaving someone there that can damage the team over the 50% threshold for Gild's special. My Enel has no S.Lvs, but he is just a beatstick here. Coby+Gild does more than enough to wrap up the damage on turn 2.

bobohoro

Double Tesoro works great on Aokiji.
But wave 2-4 has the potential to mess up a run and overall farming him needs quite some concentration with that team. Which is why I'll skip him for the time being, too annoying wasting 60 stamina because some random mob kills you.

Might do another 2-3 pulls tomorrow if I'm in the mood, it's christmas after all.

MiTYH

The auto-target on the previous stages is the major danger here. A run can be lost due to it targeting the wrong enemy and leaving someone there that can damage the team over the 50% threshold for Gild's special. My Enel has no S.Lvs, but he is just a beatstick here. Coby+Gild does more than enough to wrap up the damage on turn 2.

You know, I've never really had problems with autotargeting much, but this raid, god, it's the worst. Every stage I have to quick-change the targeting. I wish you could just set a path to begin with and follow.

That said, Tesoro is amazing for this. He'd be my lead if not for Shanks, both make this one pie. Only issue is, like you said, targetting

EDIT: Oh hey, I leveled up. Raid gives 10k exp, I wasn't even paying attention to that. Awesome, two more copies here I come!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You know, I've never really had problems with autotargeting much, but this raid, god, it's the worst. Every stage I have to quick-change the targeting. I wish you could just set a path to begin with and follow.

That said, Tesoro is amazing for this. He'd be my lead if not for Shanks, both make this one pie. Only issue is, like you said, targetting

EDIT: Oh hey, I leveled up. Raid gives 10k exp, I wasn't even paying attention to that. Awesome, two more copies here I come!

If it wasn't for the targetting crap, I could farm this dude so much easier. As it is, my team just isn't strong enough to survive even a single mistake, so I got my one drop and will farm him next time...

EMT0

Banned
Double Tesoro works great on Aokiji.
But wave 2-4 has the potential to mess up a run and overall farming him needs quite some concentration with that team. Which is why I'll skip him for the time being, too annoying wasting 60 stamina because some random mob kills you.

Might do another 2-3 pulls tomorrow if I'm in the mood, it's christmas after all.

I'm in the same boat as you guys, I can more or less just walk through Aokiji himself easy with not terrible food orb luck, but the constant mid-battle targeting switches are incredibly annoying. That said, I've found a strategy that lets me to clear 3 out of 4 attempts on average without a death.

I find Shanks-Tesoro to be the best combo for my runs as it makes auto-switching on the mob with 3 large marines and one small marine on 1 CD super easy by letting me build up my multiplier with my weaker units, KO the first large marine with Rakuyo and setting up Shanks to hit next, then switching the autotargeting to the last big marine and KOing him, letting me take one hit from the small marine and KO him the next turn.

I just wish I had FN Coby, as he'd make this FN far easier for me to pull off. He'd let me get Level 2 antibind on regardless of friend captains and let me go for a safer two turn burst while also having an easier time with the mobs. It'd be icing on the cake with Story Enel over Rakuyo.

25 copies so far out of...85 copies? Ugh, I figure I'll gun for 70 as my minimum before I say it's acceptable to roll over from having my soul being crushed. I pray I never pull Legend Aokiji

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm in the same boat as you guys, I can more or less just walk through Aokiji himself easy with not terrible food orb luck, but the constant mid-battle targeting switches are incredibly annoying. That said, I've found a strategy that lets me to clear 3 out of 4 attempts on average without a death.

Starting with Aokiji, I feel like this becomes a more and more common roadblock for players against Ultimate Raids. Recently, we've seen raids where every single stage poses a significant threat of Game Over if not handled correctly (Boa, Shiki) possibly moreso than the actual boss. Hell, everyone said that Raid Kuma was super easy, but once he came out, a lot of people were having big problems with the stages leading up to the boss due to unlucky cooldowns and manual targeting.

EMT0

Banned
Starting with Aokiji, I feel like this becomes a more and more common roadblock for players against Ultimate Raids. Recently, we've seen raids where every single stage poses a significant threat of Game Over if not handled correctly (Boa, Shiki) possibly moreso than the actual boss. Hell, everyone said that Raid Kuma was super easy, but once he came out, a lot of people were having big problems with the stages leading up to the boss due to unlucky cooldowns and manual targeting.

I wouldn't mind it as much if it wasn't the only means to get guaranteed drops of these raid units. The Tesoro model, IMO, is far more preferable with being able to get extra rewards for clearing 60 stamina, rather than punishing you for wanting to avoid tedium :/

Are there any particular teams the new Tashigi is used for?

I got her & understand why her ability is great, different type of boost ...

but I actually have no idea how she's generally used.

Verelios

Someone tell me why I've got 10+ lobsters of every color but Blue which is what I need? This game knows man, it sees deep into your soul and picks out what you want most then crumples it and gives you Coby. It knows.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hm.. well I don't have croc so that's not gonna happen.

I can build a weaker variation on that slasher team, I guess she works well on any raid or stage where raw power is the only concern!

You can actually sub in Momonga for Croc in a lot of cases and go with a Croc friend. It's not quite as powerful, but it's still good damage.

chrono01

First single pull lol

Unfortunately a dupe.

Did one multi-pull after my single pull because YOLO and christmas coming is up, so why not? GOT TWO MORE REDS DURING THAT!

And another Ace. ARE YOU KIDDING ME, GAME? I just pulled him a few minutes ago... *sigh* Only new characters besides Marco were Baby 5 and 2x Bastille. At least I got Marco for my SW Ace, Fuji and Powerhouse Sanji/Lucci teams. The STR rate up works great for legends. :p

Edit: Oh lied with my new characters... I got Usopp pirates and Iceburg, too.

STR rate up worked for me, 5/11 were red.
9A8f33b.png

2 New Legends tho, can only socket 1. :x

1 multipull:

1. Kumadori
2. Bastille
3. V1 Zoro
4. Bellmere
5. Tashigi
6. Tatch
7. Onion Pepper Carrot
8. Legend Law!
9. Monette
10. Maynard
11. HoKotori

Finally got another Legend wooohooo.

Since I hit the 600-day login recently, I decided to spend a little bit on multi-summons. I got all the new marine RRs, 3D2Y Sanji, Mansherry, and legend Marco.

4 multis to get Tashigi. But finally I got a new legend after two dupes in a row. Got Barto. :)

Barto
Elizabello
3d2y Franky
SW Franky (unevolved)
Bastille
Tashigi
Sentomaru
Kuina
Genzo
Usopp Pirates

Congrats on the Legends, you guys!

I'm saving for the anniversary. You will not tempt me to pull!

EMT0

Banned
50 copies of Aokiji later, I'm feeling the Stockholm Syndrome and I find that I don't mind it as much as I did before. Three and a half hours to get at least 20, ideally 30 copies? E-Z

EDIT: Until the game starts you off with 4 bad orbs and 4 enemies on 1 CD. Man, fuck variable 1st stages, I still cleared it by a sliver but died on the next stage when I got a second stage full of bad CDs for me >.>

Not a bad reason, I'm glad to see it worked out for you guys. :)

Yeah, legend aside I got a whole slew of new characters, of which several were on my top wanted list. (tashigi, diamante, SW usopp)

I've actually been keeping track of my average gem spendature per sugo for the last 4 times I pulled, this was by far my best one yet.

Kyou

so who do you guys think is going to be the best use of universal skillbooks?

Characters whose books just vanished with the movie content? Legends whose books are far off in the future?

so who do you guys think is going to be the best use of universal skillbooks?

Characters whose books just vanished with the movie content? Legends whose books are far off in the future?

I'm thinking of using them on Boa as people always claim she's ass to farm books for.

I actually think the movie characters aren't ... that great outside of the raid bosses, so I'd not waste them on that. (can always max them if the content ever does return for future movie releases or something)

I think arguably the best investment might be characters who's skillbooks aren't even out in JP yet because they're so new, because FN content is the only content not sped up at all.

But if a character is infamous for being butt to farm ... that might be a good option too. (Which is why I personally think I'll go for Boa, reputation mang.)

Top Bottom