• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Tidd

Merry xmas to my fellow pirates! Two years already, huh? Considering that they got us the movie content for a limited time we can say this game won't die anytime soon. :)

I hope we get the Wapol fortnight soonish. I need Legend Marco books. Of course I pull him after we got 32343 fortnights with his books. SW Usopp would be great, too. Hopefully we get his books during the next new fortnight.

EMT0

Banned
Merry Christmas guys, hope you all ended up having a good day

Merry xmas to my fellow pirates! Two years already, huh? Considering that they got us the movie content for a limited time we can say this game won't die anytime soon. :)

I hope we get the Wapol fortnight soonish. I need Legend Marco books. Of course I pull him after we got 32343 fortnights with his books. SW Usopp would be great, too. Hopefully we get his books during the next new fortnight.

You and me both, I should have had my Marco maxed by now but Legend book drop rates can be cruel :/

bobohoro

Happy holidays everyone!

You know how I maxed Blackbeard and farmed MC, as well as got my Navi ship to Lv10, all to take down Doflamingo?
Well I probably won't use any of that.

FWNpcCv.png

14k HP is nearly double what I would have for MC, which will make stalling way easier, as I should also be able to lower Luffy's special down to around 20. Use Mihawk special, attack for two rounds, lessen damage with Alvida and then get two full burst turns with Luffy/Franky specials. Should easily have killed the top Doffy after my first burst turn and then I have another burst turn and 3 more normal turns to kill the bottom one.

I think that's pretty much the safest team I can build to comfortably farm Doffy, at least without Jozu or skill maxed GPU. It also has 5 characters with 5+ combo hits, so I pretty much can't mess up on the sea horse stage.

Tidd

You and me both, I should have had my Marco maxed by now but Legend book drop rates can be cruel :/

Oh I know, I wasted around 30 gems just to max my SW Ace the first time we got his books and we didn't have Zephyr at that time and never knew we would get him. But I had faith in Bandai, always knowing we would get him!
Berry Good destroyed me mentally

MANUELF

Banned
The red ogre himself visited me for Christmas and he stayed so I got story Oars in Japan while farming Hannyabal for SW Luffy and RR Kalifa books in global

RalchAC

Happy holidays to you all, guys!

Happy holidays everyone!

You know how I maxed Blackbeard and farmed MC, as well as got my Navi ship to Lv10, all to take down Doflamingo?
Well I probably won't use any of that.

FWNpcCv.png

14k HP is nearly double what I would have for MC, which will make stalling way easier, as I should also be able to lower Luffy's special down to around 20. Use Mihawk special, attack for two rounds, lessen damage with Alvida and then get two full burst turns with Luffy/Franky specials. Should easily have killed the top Doffy after my first burst turn and then I have another burst turn and 3 more normal turns to kill the bottom one.

I think that's pretty much the safest team I can build to comfortably farm Doffy, at least without Jozu or skill maxed GPU. It also has 5 characters with 5+ combo hits, so I pretty much can't mess up on the sea horse stage.

Mmmmmm... Your team lacks any way to generate STR orbs, which could be a problem during the fight. That team would rely too much on luck IMO.

The red ogre himself visited me for Christmas and he stayed so I got story Oars in Japan while farming Hannyabal for SW Luffy and RR Kalifa books in global

Congrats!

Wanted to get into to this but I just read up on the sugofest stuff. Did it just pass? Went through tutorial and didnt see a banner or notification afterwards.

Also are the two free pulls the one from tutorial and the one from the 5 gems from loading screen?

EMT0

Banned
Here is our stock of double Legend accounts(I treat Gear 3rd as a pseudo-Legend). Feel free to pick any one of them.

Wanted to get into to this but I just read up on the sugofest stuff. Did it just pass? Went through tutorial and didnt see a banner or notification afterwards.

Also are the two free pulls the one from tutorial and the one from the 5 gems from loading screen?

The bad news is that yeah, you did miss it. The good news is that we at NeoGAF maintain a stock of double Legend accounts for new players to choose from. If you look at the first post I quoted, there's a link to our current list of double Legend accounts. Just let me know which you'd like, and I'll PM you the code. If you're unsure about which account would be best, I'd recommend the Cavendish + Sabo account as it's got a pool of good characters and an amazing rainbow captain in Cavendish who can reliably clear just about any STR raid.

The bad news is that yeah, you did miss it. The good news is that we at NeoGAF maintain a stock of double Legend accounts for new players to choose from. If you look at the first post I quoted, there's a link to our current list of double Legend accounts. Just let me know which you'd like, and I'll PM you the code. If you're unsure about which account would be best, I'd recommend the Cavendish + Sabo account as it's got a pool of good characters and an amazing rainbow captain in Cavendish who can reliably clear just about any STR raid.

Appreciate the help but think I'm just gonna try and roll myself. Is there a scheduled time for sugofest? Read somewhere it's around every 2 wks but want to make sure.

Also is there an easy way to clear ios save data? Or will I have to delete fully each time (I don't mind it but if there's a faster way I might as well)

EMT0

Banned
Appreciate the help but think I'm just gonna try and roll myself. Is there a scheduled time for sugofest? Read somewhere it's around every 2 wks but want to make sure.

Also is there an easy way to clear ios save data? Or will I have to delete fully each time (I don't mind it but if there's a faster way I might as well)

It's not guaranteed but the normal time is every two weeks. One just passed so one should appear in about ~2 weeks. As for rerolling, here is the reddit guide on the topic

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

As someone who spent a .... lot... of hours rerolling, I recommend picking up an already made account. And I was rerolling when we got a free multi pull. Can't imagine doing it now w/o one. But to each his or her own :)

In other news I'm glad we got an easy raid to beat up. I need slots for my RR Ivankov who has turned out to be quite the useful sub. I'm kinda burned out on farming raids tho :/

For me it's between 3D2Y Zoro who I only have 20 books saved for and Doflamingo

I'm leaning Doffy

Mines between
Whitebeard who needs 7 more skillups
Log luffy who needs 3 more
Heavenly doflamingo who is at level 1 and needs 5 to be max

Other legends i have
Barto
Rayleigh 2 more till max
Croc
Shanks
Sabo
(If those are better suited?)

bjork

- who you use most
- how key their special is
- is that character's book a hassle to farm?

I went with Bartolomeo because I use him in a handful of teams, and QCK Doflamingo's books will be in the Nico Olvia FN, which has to be sometime soon.

- who you use most
- how key their special is
- is that character's book a hassle to farm?

I went with Bartolomeo because I use him in a handful of teams, and QCK Doflamingo's books will be in the Nico Olvia FN, which has to be sometime soon.

Interesting i was thinking dofly or luffy mabye barto would be good

EMT0

Banned
Today was an interesting day. Got my last copy of my Alvida books, but still missing 1 autoheal socket to which I said screw it, I don't care enough to grind all my stamina for 1 socket(for now). I cleared all of Ivankov's raid stages with a generic DEX Slasher team after dying my first attempt yoloing it, and collected my gem and proceeded to Go. Then I went and cleaned up all the intermediate coliseum stages, and decided to do one better and clear all of the Hawkins Chaos stages. I did my research, and managed to get through all but the Don Krieg and Mr. Prince stages easily; I died the first time on Don Krieg because I didn't stall long enough for my specials, and Mr. Prince I gemmed for because I could tell it was going to be unclearable otherwise since no Doffy to give me that 2x orb boost.

Then Hawkins I actually found to be pretty straightforward, although I did get excellent orb luck. Mr. Prince went down easy with less HP, and Hawkins died after I dedicated a few turns to farming orbs and took a hit that left me <100 HP. When I finally rolled 4 good orbs, I burst and got a copy of him. Ended a few gems up for the day, and I made progress :) With five books garnered from clearing the earlier stages, I'm hoping I can get him to 22 CD with some luck, putting him right on the edge of usability for story content. Once Coliseum Killer drops, I'll be able to run this:

sNSBaaZ.png

bjork

EMT, you are a beast. You probably have more time invested since you started posting recaps, than I do since day one. How do you keep from burning out?

bobohoro

I think EMT overtook me by now. Amazing work overall.

Mmmmmm... Your team lacks any way to generate STR orbs, which could be a problem during the fight. That team would rely too much on luck IMO.

Franky gets one with his orb boosting special, which would put me at around 1.2M damage with all other orbs neutral. Assuming that is the only red orb I'll get in 7 turns against Doffy, I should still be able to just clear it hitting all perfects. And I hope it won't be quite that close. I don't think the team is any more reliant on a bit of orb luck than double MC from what I can see.

But I also haven't farmed Doffy raid yet, so I'm probably gonna run into some unforseen trouble down the road.

And Hannyabal refuses to dtrop my SW Luffy books, so there's that as well. I need at least 2 or 3 skill-ups to make the setup usable.

EMT0

Banned
EMT, you are a beast. You probably have more time invested since you started posting recaps, than I do since day one. How do you keep from burning out?

I think EMT overtook me by now. Amazing work overall.

Already doing Chaos Colliseums EMT0?
Im scared to try them

...I'm that guy now, aren't I lol?

Aokiji almost made me burn out, at the beginning I spent the evening he dropped whining and cringing over Discord to a few friends about how awful it was. The next day I woke up feeling pretty lucid and a bit resigned and it kind of just started to blend together as I hit some bizarre form of zen until I blinked, and I was done. Not the funnest moment I've had in OPTC, I can say that for sure. Farming Impact Usopp for two days straight then pulling him during the Sugo was probably the biggest kick in the nuts the game's given me, and hands down my worst experience with the game. I gotta remember to ask bjork for next week's lotto numbers lol, because he called it.

As for Chaos coliseums, I think Hawkins was a perfect storm in that I had all the right units to clear it, while I know I have near zero chance of clearing any other. It also helps that I remember Colo Hawkins being one of the first videos I ever looked at about OPTC, so I'd been mulling how I'd clear it for a while now. My Driven team with a maxed Diamante shut down Porche cold, Tesoro did the same to Don Krieg after I intially goofed it. Gear 3rd died easy to a Lv. 1 special Enel so long as he was max level if I stalled until his special was ready, farmed some orbs, and went in ready to roll with Enel + Marco, although someone like Kaku would have gotten the job done. Mr. Prince I had no rights clearing without a maxed Mihawk + Doffy and took gemming, but since the reward was gems anyways I figured why not. And I can 100% say that with slightly less orb luck or not hitting all Perfects, I wouldn't have cleared Hawkins.

I might start trying out more Chaos Coliseums once I've got a maxed Doffy and Mihawk, because I'd certainly love to have both new units. To be fair about my progress recently, it helps to be on Christmas break and that I'm absolutely not F2P by any stretch of the imagination. I'd say most of my farming up until Aokiji could have been compensated by F2P gems, but farming Aokiji took a bite out of my wallet. I'm starting to think I should probably offer a disclaimer to anyone reading my log that I started the account during an exceptional time for multi-legend accounts (Frieza event), had exceptional events (Meat ups, half stamina, 'New Players' FNs for Arlong and Alvida), exceptional luck (Enel from 30 stamina, solid Sugo pulls, surprisingly great starting units like Diamante, Trebol, and Vergo) and opened my wallet to power through specific walls (Sugo pulls, about 250 box space in gems, power farming Aokiji and to a lesser extent Tesoro/Zephyr).

bjork

Farming Impact Usopp for two days straight then pulling him during the Sugo was probably the biggest kick in the nuts the game's given me, and hands down my worst experience with the game. I gotta remember to ask bjork for next week's lotto numbers lol, because he called it.

I can only speak from experience, it's happened multiple times for me. Though, one sugo pull is less a kick in the ass than when they do story pulls in the FP sugo. Seeing folks pull 15 guys that took me a ton of tries for each guy, man.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Farming Impact Usopp for two days straight then pulling him during the Sugo was probably the biggest kick in the nuts the game's given me, and hands down my worst experience with the game. I gotta remember to ask bjork for next week's lotto numbers lol, because he called it.

I'm really not so sure it's worth spending that many gems on Impact Usopp farming. I could kind of understand if it were for a story mode exclusive character, but I can pretty much guarantee you'll pull him in a sugo in the not too distant future.

And you don't need him for any content currently except maybe Aokiji, who probably isn't a priority right now.

I think we all kind of saw the writing on the wall on that one. :p. It sucks it happened that way though.

RR story mode characters tend to be incredibly common, and they turn up often.

I guess one thing I'd suggest for most new players, especially Ftp when differentiating themselves from your playthrough is that gemming for revives is generally very discouraged. It's rare that a single copy of a character will make a significant enough difference where it's worth gemming to get one copy when you could just wait until you're prepared to farm consistently.

Of course if money is less of an issue and someone really wants to blitz ahead, it's an option.

MANUELF

Banned
I think we all kind of saw the writing on the wall on that one. :p. It sucks it happened that way though.

RR story mode characters tend to be incredibly common, and they turn up often.

I guess one thing I'd suggest for most new players, especially Ftp when differentiating themselves from your playthrough is that gemming for revives is generally very discouraged. It's rare that a single copy of a character will make a significant enough difference where it's worth gemming to get one copy when you could just wait until you're prepared to farm consistently.

Of course if money is less of an issue and someone really wants to blitz ahead, it's an option.
Sometimes a single copy is all you need to beat harder content, for example, Enel or Monster Chopper

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sometimes a single copy is all you need to beat harder content, for example, Enel or Monster Chopper

That's why I said generally. Even in the case of Enel, which is a rare exception, I wouldn't spend more than a couple of gems to get a copy.

Raids come back and you can always prepare yourself in other ways.

I've only gemmed for content 2-3 times so far:

1. during the half stamina clash of clashes I spent 1 gem to max garp & 3-4 gems to max Doflamingo, just cause the stamina cost was so damn efficient.

2. For the movie content I spent 4-5 gems on Tesoro and Zephyr cause who knows when they'll return.

3. for the movie raids I've also spent 1 gem to get my final level on 3D2Y sanji.

in my recollection I've never intentionaly gemmed for any content outside of those cases.

Majukun

need that too becaus i didn't farm it last time..i don't need marco books but wapol and jabra books though

just noticed that since i don't need any of the raids during the clash, i can dedicate all that stamina, hopefully including snail meat, to farming both the new colo characters, since i plan to max both of them.

Hana-Bi

Seems like Whitebeard will be the first 6*+ legend. This is unexpected because he's still pretty good.

Damn, have a dupe WB but wanted to sell him for some Ray points. Hopefully the new 6+ is just better in every way so that I don't need to keep both versions and socket and skill up my dupe... (first world problems...).

Tidd

Damn, have a dupe WB but wanted to sell him for some Ray points. Hopefully the new 6+ is just better in every way so that I don't need to keep both versions and socket and skill up my dupe... (first world problems...).

No reason to keep him. He's an upgrade.
Captain ability: boosts HP slightly, 1,75x attack boost, under 30% 3x boost
special: shuffles all orbs except matching, reduces the special by 1, and 30% health cut.

Pretty good upgrade. I wonder how much the HP boost is. I guess the maximum we should expect is a 1,25x boost everything else will be too OP.

I have high hopes for Boa, SW Shanks and Rayleigh's special.

Tidd

He has a hole in him. :O

Didn't you hear that you get stronger if you have a hole in your chest?
PLS DON'T IMITATE THIS AT HOME

Oh, right we also have some global news:

Kraken fortnight will return during the skill up event! I hope I can max my Whitebeard now. Still need 2 skill ups. My luck with him is so terrible. ;__;
And Lucci will return at the end of January!!!! Also Kuro with GPU books.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/5kdfn7/january_news/

Hana-Bi

No reason to keep him. He's an upgrade.
Captain ability: boosts HP slightly, 1,75x attack boost, under 30% 3x boost
special: shuffles all orbs except matching, reduces the special by 1, and 30% health cut.

Pretty good upgrade. I wonder how much the HP boost is. I guess the maximum we should expect is a 1,25x boost everything else will be too OP.

I have high hopes for Boa, SW Shanks and Rayleigh's special.

Perfect. :) Damn nice upgrade. Might finally run him as a captain. Though I have autoheal on him... Well, autoheal might be great for him since you can now stall without worries on some mobs...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I already wanted WB for my Lucci Powerhouse team...now i want him even more. Hope i get lucky next year.

bjork

Hoping to finish sockets on legend lucci and qck lucci this time around.

I managed to get exactly 0 runs of Hannyabal in yesterday, I think I logged in and that was it. I'm bad.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Finally cleared Impel Down Story Islands - mix of G3 and Enel setups made it happen. Got Story Hanybal on the first try as well - cool.

His special will be soooo good with Lucci. All the matching orbs.

This would be crazy *dreams*

I def. will go all out on Luccis Fortnight the next time he is up to get some Sockets on him.

I know that it is possible to go back and forth between + and normal versions. However, does it still cost the rare upgrade mat every time?

bjork

I know that it is possible to go back and forth between + and normal versions. However, does it still cost the rare upgrade mat every time?

To upgrade, I would guess yes. Wasn't the downgrade just two seahorses?

Also, what would be the scenario where you'd need to go back and forth?

yeah i can't imagine with whitebeard you'd want to devolve him especially as he improves over him in pretty much every way

One interesting thing to me, looking at WB+'s changes;

His raw rudamentary abilities (3x at 30% below +30% cut) are completely unaltered;

He's just got a significantly more versatile special & has had the downsides to his cap'n ability mitigated.

I wonder if this'll be the general pattern to the 6+ units, keep the general idea/what makes them good the same; but give them some slight benefits + mitigating their weak points.

Whitebeard is a nice, straight upgrade. However, some of the SHs, like Zoro, change their useage around. For them, there may be occasions where it's better to have the normal version. In the long run, it will likely be best to just get a second copy of said character. However, that also means re-socketing and re-S.LVing.

RalchAC

So I've been trying to do Jinbei Forest using a 3D2Y Sanji team. My subs right now are Hack (19CD, but I could switch it), Kuma (25CD), Marco (20CD) and GP Usopp (10). I've done it like twice, managed to get to stage 17 and died there because I was reluctant to use Kuma's special (which I totally should, I should be able to stall in Franky).

I'll probably hit a block sooner rather than later, mainly because Kuma's special level is too high and a lot of my characters aren't max level. Wanted to post it in case somebody with better units than me wants to try it.

Both Sanjis should be maxed, since you need the 2x boost to do decent damage in some stages.

Whitebeard is a nice, straight upgrade. However, some of the SHs, like Zoro, change their useage around. For them, there may be occasions where it's better to have the normal version. In the long run, it will likely be best to just get a second copy of said character. However, that also means re-socketing and re-S.LVing.

Yeah, the best option is keeping a Zoro the next time the Strawhat Island appears. I haven't socketed my Asura yet. Last time I focused on Halloween version.

I'm definitely socketing my Asura version next time Kimono Island returns.

Top Bottom