• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
so who do you guys think is going to be the best use of universal skillbooks?

Characters whose books just vanished with the movie content? Legends whose books are far off in the future?

Or characters with abysmal book drop rates. I'm tempted to save them for Boa after we get the permanent rate boost.

I'd only feed them to movie content if it's really going to make or break a critical team. Otherwise, I'd say Legends with far off books are the most promising candidates.

Right now, it's between Boa and Doflamingo for me.

Kyou

Or characters with abysmal book drop rates. I'm tempted to save them for Boa after we get the permanent rate boost.

I'd only feed them to movie content if it's really going to make or break a critical team. Otherwise, I'd say Legends with far off books are the most promising candidates.

Right now, it's between Boa and Doflamingo for me.

For me it's between 3D2Y Zoro who I only have 20 books saved for and Doflamingo

I'm leaning Doffy

Kumo

I, too, have made mistakes this sugo. I didn't expect Bandai to put up a trap sugo for Christmas. Lesson learned.

It feels good knowing we at least have each other. :)

I'm over it now. I pulled a lot of good units to level up at least but I'm a little ticked off that I didn't get Smoker or Tashigi. Instead I got 7 Sentomarus bleh. I swear the RNG in this game is bugged.

EMT0

Banned
It took me until the very last minute to pull it off, but I met the above expectations goal: 75 Aokijis. I'd prob have gotten to 80, but I started running out of Shanks friends about 2 hours ago. It also got me to 30 million beli and enough extra turtles after evolving Aokiji to get Slasherdile to Lv. 70. Goddamn was it gem hungry, but the deed is done.

MANUELF

Banned
It took me until the very last minute to pull it off, but I met the above expectations goal: 75 Aokijis. I'd prob have gotten to 80, but I started running out of Shanks friends about 2 hours ago. It also got me to 30 million beli and enough extra turtles after evolving Aokiji to get Slasherdile to Lv. 70. Goddamn was it gem hungry, but the deed is done.
You have my respect, you are way above me in both ability and dedication

Adeptrain

It's amazing how dedicated you are :) The fact that you've caught up to me in Pirate level,even though I started a few months before you, shows how hard you work on this.

I think I got like 6 copies and just couldn't find the energy or time to really farm him, which I'm sure I'll regret later :/

EMT0

Banned
You have my respect, you are way above me in both ability and dedication

It's amazing how dedicated you are :) The fact that you've caught up to me in Pirate level,even though I started a few months before you, shows how hard you work on this.

I think I got like 6 copies and just couldn't find the energy or time to really farm him, which I'm sure I'll regret later :/

You guys give me far too much credit, haha. I just set aside today to make sure I could pull it off and made sure to meet a quota of runs per hour while doing other stuff in between, doing more runs if I fell behind while doing other stuff like chores. I will say though, that I did eventually hit a zen point where I could reliably clear the stages before Aokiji so long as my orbs weren't hot garbage.

...he's easy with a Mihawk Slasher team...
Oh? It's obviously too late now, but got a link I can bookmark for next time?

Previously, I didn't have the sockets for a Garp team, so I used 2x Enel for SUPER slow victories. My Aokiji is currently at CD 26 with 2 Lock / 1 Despair / 5 CD. I managed to get only 3 copies today, using the 2x Gild Tesoro team I posted. I didn't gem because I only do so when I can 100% win, and 2-4 were a major annoyance.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
you know, I always hear how powerful and easy to build slasher teams are, but I have no idea who to use :/ If you don't mind, could you share your slasher team with us?
They aren't really powerful, just reliable and easy to assemble if you've been playing for a while; there are much better teams than the one below.

Oh? It's obviously too late now, but got a link I can bookmark for next time?

Previously, I didn't have the sockets for a Garp team, so I used 2x Enel for SUPER slow victories. My Aokiji is currently at CD 26 with 2 Lock / 1 Despair / 5 CD. I managed to get only 3 copies today, using the 2x Gild Tesoro team I posted. I didn't gem because I only do so when I can 100% win, and 2-4 were a major annoyance.
I think it was this
http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...,418:99,724:99,408:99C4,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H

This is under the assumption that you got the sockets and Momonga, Mihawk, Doffy and (Croc, he's just a safety net) specials low enough, probs ~20 turns. If you have 3D2Y Zoro, you can toss Croc. You should have a 0% chance of death from stage 1-4 of course.

I'm sure you got a legend that can give you a better team.

It feels good knowing we at least have each other. :)

I'm over it now. I pulled a lot of good units to level up at least but I'm a little ticked off that I didn't get Smoker or Tashigi. Instead I got 7 Sentomarus bleh. I swear the RNG in this game is bugged.

I never got Sentomaru or Tashigi. I sure got plenty of Baroque Works agents and crappy dupe log units though. :/

I'm guessing orb luck is necessary with that team. I love the Tesoro team because, while 2-4 may be a struggle, Aokiji is an easy blast with 2 turns of guaranteed full orbs and boosts. My biggest issue today was that very few of my FL had maxed out Tesoros.

As for legends, I have IntHawk and Rayleigh. My standard Slasher setup is usually IntHawk, Doffy, 3D2Y Zoro + either 2x strong color units or 1x w/ GPU for delay.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm guessing orb luck is necessary with that team. I love the Tesoro team because, while 2-4 may be a struggle, Aokiji is an easy blast with 2 turns of guaranteed full orbs and boosts. My biggest issue today was that very few of my FL had maxed out Tesoros.

As for legends, I have IntHawk and Rayleigh. My standard Slasher setup is usually IntHawk, Doffy, 3D2Y Zoro + either 2x strong color units or 1x w/ GPU for delay.
Nah, if you don't get any matching orbs at all in 5 turns, it is doable (you should be farming in stage 4 anyways).

...why aren't you using Ray then.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Yeah it was SW usopp, better for me right now as I don't have any impact teams anyway.

What's Hancock's current utility? I know she's a meh captain, but she's a fairly good sub right?

She only has like a 50% content clear rate. There are better healers and delayers. Honestly, her utility comes as a sub on QCK Marco teams and Corazon teams.

Nah, if you don't get any matching orbs at all in 5 turns, it is doable (you should be farming in stage 4 anyways).

...why aren't you using Ray then.

I think I got him inbetween the last time Aokiji appeared and this one and never thought about using him.

Looking into it now, it seems this should work:
Zlqo9Nz.png
I'm 4 Anti-Lock short of 2-lock / 1-despair with this team. However, most Ray owners seem to have him socketed by now, via Colo, so I think I'd be ok.
Usopp'un return WHEN?

RalchAC

Just in case you didn't know, my friends. If you are using a Blackbeard team against Hanniabal like I do, the damage from bomb orbs count towards Blackbeard special.

So if you get a bomb orb when he shuffles them, you can just tank a hit (it deals 63k damage to my team, which has 150k HP) and in the next turn maniacally laugh while you see him get killed.

Just in case you didn't know, my friends. If you are using a Blackbeard team against Hanniabal like I do, the damage from bomb orbs count towards Blackbeard special.

So if you get a bomb orb when he shuffles them, you can just tank a hit (it deals 63k damage to my team, which has 150k HP) and in the next turn maniacally laugh while you see him get killed.
I didn't know this!

bjork

Used this team for Aokiji

Rayleigh/Rayleigh
DEX Doflamingo/DEX Mihawk
Garp/Impact Usopp

and could finally beat the 60 reliably. I think that the last time he came around, I just tried to plow through and would burst too early, so he'd kill me before I could get enough turns in. This time, no sweat. But I've been horribly sick this week, so I ran it twice and then resumed sneezing and blowing my nose, etc.

I'm gonna sit on those universal skillbooks for now, I think. I did another multi this morning and got a dupe Sabo.

I think after I'm done being sick, I'm going to think long and hard about feeding my 4* dudes to clear up box space. I always save them all for a Sengoku team and then never run Sengoku any more.

RR30

so who do you guys think is going to be the best use of universal skillbooks?

Characters whose books just vanished with the movie content? Legends whose books are far off in the future?

Using the first ones on Tesoro. Need to max him since I wasn't able to.

I finally found a team on Japan that can farm Boa! I've got a ton of Legends, but I'm still pretty behind when it comes to skill ups/sockets, so it's still pretty hard for me to get through a lot of stuff. Not anymore though!

2 x Inthawk, Borsalino, Raid Doffy, 3D2Y Zoro, GP Usopp

Fast, decently safe (now that I can actually hit the perfects), and kind of fun to play.

I think this will be where I can really start ramping up, because if I can farm Boa and get her special to a decent level, then my Log Luffy team can really start doing some work too.

bobohoro

Did another pull before going to sleep yesterday, got Fossa. That's kinda ok.
And a fifth one this morning, got 3D2Y Sanji. Which is pretty awesome.
Shame I fed all his books a month ago.
Now to look for a team for him. I do have PSY Marco with a CD of 23, so I can already build some pretty tanky teams, but I don't know if I have all that much use for that.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Got iTunes card for xmas. Might as well do another pull. It's Red... Get excited ... It's a dupe of Ray. There are so many legends I don't have!!! Oh well. Can't complain too much.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Got iTunes card for xmas. Might as well do another pull. It's Red... Get excited ... It's a dupe of Ray. There are so many legends I don't have!!! Oh well. Can't complain too much.

Your red rate is ridiculous, man. At least it's some Rayleigh points in the future. That's pretty important.

EMT0

Banned
After this past month of grinding, grinding, and more grinding not using a gem for stamina to keep on grinding is almost throwing me off. Time for more casual play for a while :)

bobohoro

Wasted 50 gems on single pulls because I am weak.
Got a Maynard dupe, Bastille, lots of silver, a few fake golds and ended on G-5 Tashigi.
So it wasn't for nothing.

Oh well, time to hit story mode again to get back the gems lost.

Looking back, I did 15 pulls and got 3D2Y Sanji, G-5 Tashigi, Fossa, Maynard and Bastille. Doesn't feel quite so bad that way. And I'm still at 60 gems.

Hana-Bi

Finally hit pirate level 400 today.

Looked through my box and the only units besides legends and limited chars I'mmissing are:

Log units (Usopp, Chopper, Brook, Vivi)
3d2y units (Nami, Usopp)
Machvise

With Barto I now have all str legends out of my 9 legends total. :)

bonkeng

Sorry for the noobish question guys, haven't been following here or at reddit, but I'm still actively playing.

What does 6*+ means? I've read it twice now, is it buffing the current legends, or are there new ones that has that base rarity? Or are we getting 7*?

Kyou

Sorry for the noobish question guys, haven't been following here or at reddit, but I'm still actively playing.

What does 6*+ means? I've read it twice now, is it buffing the current legends, or are there new ones that has that base rarity? Or are we getting 7*?

in japan there's this new tier of evolutions that are upgrades to existing characters that couldn't evolve. It's weird because they seem to all keep the same star level, so they've started to be referred to as 5+s. I dunno if BN has said if they're going to do it or not but people are expecting some legends to get buffed, which would probably be 6+ and not 7 stars.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Now that the story has gone post-timeskip on Japan, Bandai has introduced 5 star + characters with version 7.0, which are super evolutions of 5 star characters. For now, it only extends to base story Zoro, Nami, and Luffy. They each have their own unique evolution material that can drop from a story isle. These super evolutions aren't just upgrades, but have captain abilities and specials that are completely new, and in the cases of Zoro, Nami, and Luffy are significantly better than the regular 5 star versions.

They have also said that 7.0 will bring 6 star + characters, but we can only speculate how those will be handled. A lot of people, myself included, are optimistic that they will use this as a way to buff current underwhelming legends.

well I started with some legends on this account courtesy of EMT, so that helps :)

Well, that's not too uncommon with re-rerolling. But haven't you pulled Doflamingo, Rayleigh, Marco, and Barto in the past couple of sugos? That's absurdly good. Legend pull rates are 3% or less. It's not uncommon for people to spend 200 gems and get no legends. I guess it makes up for those horrible Zephyr skill up rates.

bonkeng

in japan there's this new tier of evolutions that are upgrades to existing characters that couldn't evolve. It's weird because they seem to all keep the same star level, so they've started to be referred to as 5+s. I dunno if BN has said if they're going to do it or not but people are expecting some legends to get buffed, which would probably be 6+ and not 7 stars.

Oh. So it's an auto upgrade? Or does it require evolvers?

That's nice either way.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Well, that's not too uncommon with re-rerolling. But haven't you pulled Doflamingo, Rayleigh, Marco, and Barto in the past couple of sugos? That's absurdly good. Legend pull rates are 3% or less. It's not uncommon for people to spend 200 gems and get no legends. I guess it makes up for those horrible Zephyr skill up rates.

Man, I thought I started with Marco. You're right. That's a pretty sweet bit of luck, although I have to admit, it wasn't free! Also didn't know legends were that rare. Rates seem to be a little higher in other games. 3% is rough.

MANUELF

Banned
Doing the last runs on the story fortnight in Japan, still have to get Mr 1, Mr 3, Mohji, Aokiji, Kizaru, Oars, Enel, Lucci, Magellan and Rayleigh, already got the rest and in the cases of Crocodile, Kaku and Moria even got them twice for both of their evolutions

EMT0

Banned
I'm pretty surprised at how much I got done just via casual farming. Sure I leveled up in the process letting me do a bit more than expected, but I didn't think I'd manage to get all of the FN characters I cared about so easily. Got Brook, Ryuma, Hannybal, and Tom(He's the man in my book, even if he isn't so great in OPTC) meaning the only characters I'm missing from the current batch are the secret characters from the Tom's Workers and Hannybal FNs, neither of which interests me very much.

I guess that means that tomorrow, I can just farm Alvida off of natural stamina and cross my fingers that I get the 4 manuals and 1 autoheal socket that I'm missing in order to feel (semi) confident that I'll max out Alvida next week. Or maybe go and clean house on the Underground stages of the coliseum to pile up a few more gems; that could work out nicely too.

bjork

I'm gonna run some Hannyabal 30s while I'm visiting relatives. Not sure what else I can get in today. I'm still pretty sick and don't want to be awake for very much longer tbh.

Anyway, hope all my thread chums are having a good holiday, eat a lot and travel safe.

Kyou

on the one hand I'm glad there's not much going on in the game for the holidays but on the other it feels kind of super low key?

Hopefully all the stuff hitting around new years will be cool

edit: Also yes happy holidays everyone

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Happy Holidays everyone !!

Glad that we are having some slow time now - farming Zephyr and Tesoro took a toll on me lol. I hope i can max skill Doffy when he is up during the 2x skillup in two weeks.
Should have 10stones by then - willing to use them all to get it done.

MiTYH

You know Hannyabal drops are bad when you have more copies of the secret character than him....

Happy holidays everyone!!!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
You know Hannyabal drops are bad when you have more copies of the secret character than him....

Happy holidays everyone!!!

Wait..what ? How is that even possible lol. I dont care about Hannybal but he drops like every other run for me i think.

PS. I just realized that my friendlist is full of inactive people (+200 days and longer) - crazy, need to clean that up and add more active people.

Hisoka

Happy holidays guys.

You know you survived a Sugo when you desperately contained yourself from looking into GAF. Congrats on all your nice pulls though, guys!

Still a good month to go before the anniversary. I might make it there with a pile of gems. Dear mind, don't let yourself get clouded from nice banners and fake rate ups.

Majukun

merry Xmas to all the fellow cruisers on GAF. it's strange to think that it's already the second Xmas I pass with this game.

managed to not pull this sugo too.. at this point I'm gonna bet all on the anniversary, especially since this and the next sugo will have the log character replacement to spoil the pool. still hoping they are only temporary.

this morning the drops. for hannyabal were rather good, tons of Kalifa books... the opposite this afternoon... uneventful event for me before the madness that will probably follow in January and February

Top Bottom