• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Seems like the new strawhat batch's specials and 4* captain abilities are out for the Japanese version.

All of the new batch looks pretty good from what I can see.

bobohoro

New batch looks amazing.

Sadly, damage calculator seems to be off right now but something like:

Luffy/Luffy
Law/Raid Boa
Invasion Shanks/Legend Sabo

Should do ridiculous damage.
Thought up a team with my box for fun with a new Legend Luffy friend and:
Luffy FC / 3d2y Luffy
Law / Apoo
SW Franky / Calgara (which will be replaced with Colo Apoo and then Anni Ace)

would already be pretty awesome all around.

Besides dreaming about stuff far ahead, my SW Luffy books farming is going slow. I think I have almost double the RR Kalifa books, can't be sure since I started feeding them again after the sugo, but it's close.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Last night I saw an annoucement on the reddit that young WB invasion is coming to the global clash of clashes. Appears to have been fake (thank God)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The 5+ SHs are based on Fishman Isle stuff, right? What's the new RRs based on?

The same, so far. They're just RR (and legend) versions of post-timeskip. We've seen their art. The character trailers have been going up on their 3d2y promo site: http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/one_main/tc/3d2y/

Here are the 4 star versions (5 star for Luffy, I think):
C0ke8X8UQAAh7zo.jpg
C0fe0j7UUAAKjHX.jpg

C0aUrXGUUAAp7Ce.jpg
C0VLfJ3UkAACMIn.jpg

The 5*+s are just freebies.

Tidd

Oh, looks like Shiki traveled back to Japan. And the day before Shiki they will get Zephyr. Hmm good bye movie content for Japan?

RedBoot

Kimono Ace and Marco on the 31st/1st, each boosted on a different day. The Ace is actually kind of interesting, a 2.5x shooter lead and a 1.75 free spirit booster. He'll get a little less unique after we get the Anniversary Ace, but still an interesting niche. Marco's a little less useful, but I kind of want him because I don't have a good Powerhouse lead and I seem to collect Marcos (Legend, evolved PSY and unevolved PSY).

As always for limited recruits, I'll do one pull.

EMT0

Banned
Today was a decent day. Cleared all of the Thriller Bark content except the final battle with Moria which I'll try just before bed, got a copy each of FN Coby and Helmeppo, and FINALLY got that last autoheal socket on Alvida. Fed 10+ copies before, zero autoheals. Get a single Alvida copy from 45 stamina, yolofeed it, and bam, RNG blesses me. That's one more character that's 100% done outside of feeding more boosters in the future. And to top it off, I spent most of the day split between watching the first season of Jojo and playing Overwatch. Damn do I love winter break.

I can't remember the last time content in this game was this boring lol.

I've mostly just been farming Hannyaball, none of the returning fortnights from last week or this week are particularly exciting.

Actually am considering clearing some colo content when they come back around.

Hana-Bi

For Shanks forest I'll try a double raid Doffy or LL/Cora team. Sadly I don't have Corazon so a friend Corazon is kinda rare...

bonkeng

Hi guys, anyone have a spare account to give away? My brother decided to start playing this game, so I'm helping him find a good starter account.

Anyway, is Fuji or Jinbe a good starter legend? In case I can find some givers at reddit.

Tidd

OMG I WAS WRONG!! Maybe! But right now it looks like we might get the Whitebeard pirates fortnight next week! Rakuyo and co was added to the character log! OMG INTHAWK BOOKS WHILE WE HAVE A SKILL UP EVENT???!!!!! BANDAI I LOVE YOU!!!

Also Aokiji and the last Whitebeard batch was added. (aka HARUTA HYPE)

Okay tl;dr version:

- Next fortnight Whitebeard allies with Inthawk books also SW Nami, Chopper and Brook
- 6* Aokiji with Whitebeard pirates batch on 1/8 (like I said they are trying to release a certain batch with Marineford part 2 or the anniversary)
- raid Boa return on 1/8 (during a skill up event!)
- Usoppn on 1/15
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/5kq8op/global_are_those_guys_in_the_log_a_new_addition/

Adeptrain

Arrgh!! I need Boa, but I don't know if I have a team to farm her!
I need Aokiji too!! But don't have the gems for a multi...ㅠㅠ

Tidd

I'm glad that they push the strong world straw hat books like that. I mean they are pretty bad for these 3 but this could mean that we could get SW Franky and Usopp books on the same fortnight. <3 Will farm it for Inthawk books and sockets. Sorry Boa but you have to wait until chinese new year.

If that is true then Boa will only have 5 hours of 2x skill up, the skill up is from the 2 to the 9 right?

Nope, you will have the full day.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I dont have Raid Boa...but am i right in thinking that she is kinda bad on a G3 team ? Damage boost is really low compared to other actives. What teams benefit from her active ?

MiTYH

OMG INTHAWK BOOKS WHILE WE HAVE A SKILL UP EVENT???!!!!! BANDAI I LOVE YOU!!!

This. Is. The. Best. Thing. Ever.

I'm gonna farm them like no tomorrow, which is amazing anyway since I need sockets for a bunch of those units. But still, Yes, finally, so happy for INTHawk books!

cw_sasuke

It's still a great damage boost:

Without Boa's special

With Boa's special

I dont know - i compared it with Koalas boost for Fighters or Colo Apoo boost for Free Spirit units, which are way stronger. Then again Boa has Delay as well...just wondering what teams/leads benefits most from her ? Or is the boost the same as on G3 for Rayleigh, Whitebeard etc. teams as well ?

Tidd you are man with the know how - will it be possible for me to get/farm Colo Apoo ? He seems like a great QCK sub for G3 teams.

Hana-Bi

I dont know - i compared it with Koalas boost for Fighters or Colo Apoo boost for Free Spirit units, which are way stronger. Then again Boa has Delay as well...just wondering what teams/leads benefits most from her ? Or is the boost the same as on G3 for Rayleigh, Whitebeard etc. teams as well ?

Tidd you are man with the know how - will it be possible for me to get/farm Colo Apoo ? He seems like a great QCK sub for G3 teams.
Boa is a additional boost to Koalas boost.

cw_sasuke

Boa is a additional boost to Koalas boost.

Oh lol...okay is just checked it out and yeah Boa can be used with Koala or Colo Apoo - thats pretty cool. This makes her way better...thought they would somehow conflict each other again.

Tidd

Raid Boa is an additional buff that stacks with orb boost and type/class boosts.
She locks your multiplier at 2.5x right from the first attack. So for Rayleigh she would suck really hard.

Tbh I didn't bother with colosseum Apoo yet but he's a QCK unit so I guess he should be easy with the amount of DEX slashers we have. Something like G3/G3/Enel/Mihawk/Doffy and GPU should be able to take him down. But guessing from earlier colosseum stages you would need an 18 turn Enel for stage 4.
Otherwise I always recommend gamewith and google translate for a quick overview: https://translate.googleusercontent.../22035&usg=ALkJrhiz-K6bzMZgPk4LOL8gI0-KXuaNIw

RR30

OMG I WAS WRONG!! Maybe! But right now it looks like we might get the Whitebeard pirates fortnight next week! Rakuyo and co was added to the character log! OMG INTHAWK BOOKS WHILE WE HAVE A SKILL UP EVENT???!!!!! BANDAI I LOVE YOU!!!

Okay tl;dr version:

- Next fortnight Whitebeard allies with Inthawk books also SW Nami, Chopper and Brook
- 6* Aokiji with Whitebeard pirates batch on 1/8 (like I said they are trying to release a certain batch with Marineford part 2 or the anniversary)
- Usoppn on 1/15
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/5kq8op/global_are_those_guys_in_the_log_a_new_addition/

Welp there goes my gems. So happy we're finally getting IntHawk books.

Tidd

Just looked up the next fortnight and it seems like I can run through it like I do with Hannyabal right now. Which is pretty great considering that I need Inthawk books.

bjork

I think this is the first sugo that I completely skip. I was in until I saw the +1 is Ace/Marco "or a 4* or better DEX unit!" No sale

Tidd

I think this is the first sugo that I completely skip. I was in until I saw the +1 is Ace/Marco "or a 4* or better DEX unit!" No sale

That's not the sugo. It's just a special promotion for the limited characters. Next sugo is on 1/8.

MiTYH

Well, event or whatever. I'm not pulling and you can't make me with your peer pressure!

Agreed. But at this point, even with the 1/8 sugo, everyone should have their eyes on the 2nd Anniversary. If it's anything like JPN, all legends will be boosted at various days. Why bother pulling now when in one month you could get that one legend, maybe more, and all gold? I know, I'm being hopeufl we get the same treatment as JPN, but... never know!

HabeeNo

Question guys, are the Whitebeard pirates from the future raid worth keeping or they'll mostly be sockets for their RR counterparts?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I run the new Franky FN about 15 to 20 times to try to socket my SW Franky. I get 5 Franky drops because why not. Then those 5 are bullshit sockets like RCV and map resistance. COME ON. Map resistance!!!! Is there anything more useless??

RR30

Just looked up the next fortnight and it seems like I can run through it like I do with Hannyabal right now. Which is pretty great considering that I need Inthawk books.

What other books are in the FN with IntHawk? Hoping there are at least a couple more characters I need books for.

bjork

Question guys, are the Whitebeard pirates from the future raid worth keeping or they'll mostly be sockets for their RR counterparts?

Always keep one of everything just in case. [edit - after looking, Thatch might be useful at max CD, but the others seem too high to be worth taking up a spot.]

I run the new Franky FN about 15 to 20 times to try to socket my SW Franky. I get 5 Franky drops because why not. Then those 5 are bullshit sockets like RCV and map resistance. COME ON. Map resistance!!!! Is there anything more useless??

I'm not gonna lie, sockets kinda messed this game up.

What other books are in the FN with IntHawk? Hoping there are at least a couple more characters I need books for.

Story Enel is probably the other big one. I think it's like Box Kaku and a couple of Kumadoris.

bobohoro

I'm not gonna lie, sockets kinda messed this game up.

I like the idea, dislike the execution, meaning more than half being less useful than the others by quite a margin and the added rng-screwyness, which is barely ok for mass-farmed characters like raid bosses, but well beyond reasonable for everything else.
SW Luffy books had a little surge today, up to 22 now. Should get to the target of 35 by the end of the week, although barely and I'd actually like to get a few runs of CobyMeppo for Nico Robin books.

Edit: Oh and easy skip on Marco/Ace. Also not that interested in Kuzan and his batch, might completely skip it this time to discipline my dumbass self for last sugo.

EMT0

Banned

Okay tl;dr version:

- Usoppn on 1/15

Well now, this is looking hype af, January is going to absolutely drown us in cool content. I looked up Boa teams, and it seems like I've got all the needed components to pull it off with Strikers except for Kuma who I could easily farm but he comes back later in January. I'd be able to run a F2P Slasher team, but my GPU isn't max special. Foiled, but next time she's back, I'm gonna clear her ez. GP Usopp books + Usopp sockets will be crazy good, and the next FN will be great for INTHawk owners. I'd love to socket Rakuyo and Fossa, but I think I'm gonna put it low on my priorities for now since I have zero units with books from that FN. I can already feel my Legend Lucci book anticipation rising...

Okay tl;dr version:

- Usoppn on 1/15

I was secretly hoping we wouldn't get the Kimono FNs and instead get the WB FN during the skill up. Merry Christmas to us, I guess!

As much as there is a lull in the game right now, January is going to be busy. My to do list includes:

-Get 3 more AH sockets on Enel to finish my resocketing
-Socket 6* Doffy
-Resocket QCK Lucci to have AH
-Socket QCK Boa?
-INThawk books and WB crew sockets
-Finish SW Usopp and Impact Usopp sockets. Socket Log, 3D2Y, and possibly Sogeking. Put AH on one of my GP Usopps.
-Farm Dorry and Apoo as much as possible in prep for the skill up event.

RIP my gems. I might skip out on the Haruta batch and just hold out for the anniversary. None of the units seem too notable apart from Haruta. Most of them just seem like powerhouse slashers that might be useful in specific situations.

MiTYH

Apoo coming tonight, right? I read up on gamewidth's page and it seems pretty easy. At least compared to some others. Can't paste link since it's JPN character but the five rounds equate to:

Stage 1 vs Bellamy: Slasher coffin boat. Raid Mihawk x2, doffy, STR Mr1, Arlong, and Ohm
Stage 2 vs Robin: Slasher coffin boat. Raid Mihawk x2, doffy, STR Mr1, INT Helmeppo and Slasherdile
Stage 3 vs Drake: SW Shanksx2, Doffy, Impact, PSY Mr3, etc. Also Garp/Mr2 combo instead
Stage 4 vs Lao G: QCK Marco/Enel leads, Leopard lucci, Hina, Kaku, and new colo coby. Mihawk/duval alts
Stage 5: A bunch of teams, including standard Slasher units with Int/Raidhawks, a Rayleigh team, WB team, and LL team

bjork

I like the idea, dislike the execution, meaning more than half being less useful than the others by quite a margin and the added rng-screwyness, which is barely ok for mass-farmed characters like raid bosses, but well beyond reasonable for everything else.

I don't mind the idea, but I agree about the execution. You take something like Puzzle & Dragons, where you can skill up a guy with a dupe potentially, but for their version of sockets, you buy the one you want with in-game points. None of this feeding 50 dupes hoping for that last auto-heal or whatever.

Or like, both Crows X Worst games, they have the best skill-up system ever: just feed a dupe. It will always boost until you're maxed.

cw_sasuke

Just now realized that the Whitebeard Pirates Fortnight is a big deal - finally Sockets for some of those still great RR Units like Thatch or Rakuyo. Dont have Inthawk but i hope to at least farm Story Enel before the Fortnight arrives.

The Island being PSY Units only might be an issue for me - hope i can evolve my Tesoro before it starts...otherwise ill have to use Garp lol.

Raid Boa is an additional buff that stacks with orb boost and type/class boosts.
She locks your multiplier at 2.5x right from the first attack. So for Rayleigh she would suck really hard.

Tbh I didn't bother with colosseum Apoo yet but he's a QCK unit so I guess he should be easy with the amount of DEX slashers we have. Something like G3/G3/Enel/Mihawk/Doffy and GPU should be able to take him down. But guessing from earlier colosseum stages you would need an 18 turn Enel for stage 4.
Otherwise I always recommend gamewith and google translate for a quick overview: https://translate.googleusercontent.../22035&usg=ALkJrhiz-K6bzMZgPk4LOL8gI0-KXuaNIw

Thanks for the Gamewith Link - bookmarked the page for future Coloseum reference. Sadly my Doffy and Enels arent skilled so this might limit my success on that stage.

While Apoo is good...i went back and checked out my QCK units for a potential slot on G3.

RR Jabra 1.75 Orb booster, good but not skilled and not as useful because of Doffy
Blue Gilly - Captains orb matching, change orbs 3x, good but again Doffy lol
Leo - Delay, locks orbs, -20% enemy hp, seems really good especially if i can max skill him down the line
Ideo - boost Shooter/Fighter 1.75, same but he will need skillups as well

Top Bottom