• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

bjork

I completely forgot to run the coliseum today. All I did was red turtles to evolve the Luffy with the bird. Barely been touching this lately, I think I might be on the way out.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I completely forgot to run the coliseum today. All I did was red turtles to evolve the Luffy with the bird. Barely been touching this lately, I think I might be on the way out.
Just take a small break, come back for the anniv and you'll be pumped again.

bonkeng

I've been thru the same, even though I've been only playing for a few months. Stopped playing for 2 months, just log in to collect gems. Didn't even try Boa Raid.

But now my interest is renewed. That 2 month break certainly helped.

RedBoot

Yeah, always nice to take it slow every few weeks or so. The last few days were kind of like that, just ran Hannyabal a bit each day, which was a super-easy run.

I've been pretty engaged with the game since the Colosseum came out though, since it's basically the kind of content I'd been wanting from the game. More challenging fights with a consistent reward structure.

January does look busy though, since Boa, Kuma, and Usopp'n are all returning. Plus the second WB fortnight will have at least three books I need (Sengoku, Caesar, Monet), barring changes.

Kyou

yeah I'm glad to be kinda passive the last couple weeks, can't wait to have awful luck at Boa again.

also wow OPTC Calendar changed their look and got uuuuugly

RalchAC

I dropped the game for 4-5 months. I didn't even bothered with collecting gems (if I'm dropping something I uninstall it). After a while Hisoka, Dandte and Tidd convinced me to give it a try again and here I am again. The fact that there isn't missable content helps.

Long story short: nothing lasts forever, but some times you just need a break. So do it. If you really like the game you'll be back.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I dropped the game for 4-5 months. I didn't even bothered with collecting gems (if I'm dropping something I uninstall it). After a while Hisoka, Dandte and Tidd convinced me to give it a try again and here I am again. The fact that there isn't missable content helps.

Long story short: nothing lasts forever, but some times you just need a break. So do it. If you really like the game you'll be back.

Frieza crossover.
Some movie content*

*May return down the line, but I wouldn't bet on it outside of japan

GaimeGuy

I got back like 2 weeks before Frieza.

But you get what I mean. Most important stuff goes back. Sometime. Maybe.

Where is Buster Call?

Good question. I think the last time it was here was in July?

IHaveIce

Banned
I dropped my global account and it had 3 Legends on it.
I think running global is a bother, I love the jp version of this game.
I have enough gems for 4 multis for the upcoming sugo, I'm hoping for the new Luffy, BB or Fujitora.

I'm at 13 legends and it just doesn't get boring, running Akainu teams through raidbosses feels so nice

Hana-Bi

Will probably pull for Ace tomorrow. Sure we're probably getting anniversary Ace but the Kimono Ace has the better special with the lower cd + 1 more socket.

My free spirit dream team would be:

Double LL
Kimono Ace
Legend Doffy
Kimono Ace
Monet

MiTYH

*walks into duval raid*
What the... no despair at all? But that could only mean...

Yup, walked in with Legend Lucci. What was once a beatstick is now fully socketed. Between him and GP, it's enough to get level 1.

Thankfully MC did enough damage with his special to win, but yikes. Won't be making that mistake again. I still need a bunch of level ups (at 23, max is 14) so this'll be my day today

*walks into duval raid*

This is basically me 100% of the time when I try to play when tired.

random question, I know people are always excited for units & sugofests and legends; but I'm curious what japan features you guys are most looking forward to see in global?

-> invasion battles
-> chopper missions
-> marineford event
-> 2x stamina options for raids/fortnights
-> + characters
-> advanced captain sorting options
-> that story farming island(?)

am I missing anything?

RalchAC

*walks into duval raid*

Yup, walked in with Legend Lucci. What was once a beatstick is now fully socketed. Between him and GP, it's enough to get level 1.

Thankfully MC did enough damage with his special to win, but yikes. Won't be making that mistake again. I still need a bunch of level ups (at 23, max is 14) so this'll be my day today

Same happened to me. More or less. I was planning to use both Log Luffy and GP Usopp as subs for my BB team. But I found I had Level 1 Despair. So... I need to skill up my second GP Usopp, it seems.

This is basically me 100% of the time when I try to play when tired.

random question, I know people are always excited for units & sugofests and legends; but I'm curious what japan features you guys are most looking forward to see in global?

-> invasion battles
-> chopper missions
-> marineford event
-> 2x stamina options for coliseum/fortnights
-> + characters

am I missing anything?

Fixed: Double Drop can't be used in raids. I think.

My order:

1. Improved Skill Up rates, so I can start yolo feeding some stuff.
2. Captain sorting options.
3. Chopper Missions.
4. Marineford Event.
5. + characters
6. Story farming Island
7. Invasions

Bonus: 5*+ Strawhats

Manga Spoiler (Don't read if you aren't up to date!) Top1:
Evil Pudding Legend

MiTYH

-> invasion battles
-> chopper missions
-> marineford event
-> 2x stamina options for raids/fortnights
-> + characters

am I missing anything?

RAY SHOP.

I've got a dupe INTHawk, which is a little more than 1/2 of what I need to get Rocket Man ship, aka zombie team heaven for my Legend Lucci. I cannot wait to get that and really go to town on some of these forests.

Beyond that, Chopper missions will be nice just because I play every day. And sorting the boxes, god I wish that were better.

---

Globally speaking, are we getting a meat-up snail event soon? I think I remember reading it but not sure if/when it's coming

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Had some stamina to burn so i thought - lets give Marine Ford Story a go....might need some Gem for Doffy soon.

Wow that was easy....complete joke compared to the last couple Story Island. Did players in Japan complain about the difficulty of Story Islands or why the change of heart ? Hope the upcoming ones will keep that difficulty level lol.

Hana-Bi

After countless runs of Hannyabal my drops so far are:

34 SW Luffy books
49 Kalifa books
53 Hannyabal copies

Used way too many gems for this...

bobohoro

Tried Duval 4 times.
Failed 4 times.
Not really in the mood to iron out the errors and farm him today anyway. He can wait until I have a max skilled Usopp.

Increased skill up rate would be nice too. :)

Yeah, that's my most wanted feature. The other stuff is nice, but knowing about better rates in the future just makes me sit on stuff a bit more than I should be.

After countless runs of Hannyabal my drops so far are:

34 SW Luffy books
49 Kalifa books
53 Hannyabal copies

Used way too many gems for this...

I probably had more Kalifa than Hanny-drops, but yeah seems spot on. SW Luffy books are raaaare. And Hannyabal himself is more a 30% than the usual 40%, going by feel.

Dandte

I wanted to restart OPTC JPN but apparently i lost my account on my ipad while giving it a full reset and i completely forgot it had the game on it....ooopsi

Has someone a spare account?

MANUELF

Banned
I wanted to restart OPTC JPN but apparently i lost my account on my ipad while giving it a full reset and i completely forgot it had the game on it....ooopsi

Has someone a spare account?

I dont think anyone has a spare japanese account but tomorrow sugo will be very good to start with

EMT0

Banned
The Duval raid seems incredibly easy, but I keep whiffing in the dumbest ways, or when I don't whiff the RNG does me dirty. The first few times I was trying Legend Lucci with Gasparde and Marco as subs. That went pretty poorly due to having zero autoheal sockets. After looking through a few videos, I saw that Lucci can actually speedrun the raid with 4 STR Powerhouse units, especially with a maxed GPUsopp. I don't have a maxed GPUsopp yet so I'm not quite speedrunning it and take my time stalling for Usopp's special as needed, but I still make it through quite easily to the final stage. Do everything right, start hunting for orbs on my five STR units. I have one matching, so I look for new orbs on the remaining four....four bad orbs. Duval lives by a sliver, RIP. Now I'm out of stamina, so I guess I'll try to clear 30 and 40 stam before it goes away and keep conserving gems.

RedBoot

The Duval raid seems incredibly easy, but I keep whiffing in the dumbest ways, or when I don't whiff the RNG does me dirty. The first few times I was trying Legend Lucci with Gasparde and Marco as subs. That went pretty poorly due to having zero autoheal sockets. After looking through a few videos, I saw that Lucci can actually speedrun the raid with 4 STR Powerhouse units, especially with a maxed GPUsopp. I don't have a maxed GPUsopp yet so I'm not quite speedrunning it and take my time stalling for Usopp's special as needed, but I still make it through quite easily to the final stage. Do everything right, start hunting for orbs on my five STR units. I have one matching, so I look for new orbs on the remaining four....four bad orbs. Duval lives by a sliver, RIP. Now I'm out of stamina, so I guess I'll try to clear 30 and 40 stam before it goes away and keep conserving gems.

Duval's actually a bit deceptively hard due to some of the mob stats/cooldowns and Duval's Despair. It's a lot like Aokiji where having the right sockets makes all the difference. Or you can go the Blackbeard route and make it trivial. :p

I think Duval's actually a bit underrated as a character, but he's not someone you need to max right away. He's more about utility than enabling new strategy like Mihawk/Doffy/Blackbeard.

EMT0

Banned
Duval's actually a bit deceptively hard due to some of the mob stats/cooldowns and Duval's Despair. It's a lot like Aokiji where having the right sockets makes all the difference. Or you can go the Blackbeard route and make it trivial. :p

I think Duval's actually a bit underrated as a character, but he's not someone you need to max right away. He's more about utility than enabling new strategy like Mihawk/Doffy/Blackbeard.

This was my inspiration for a speedrun. It's not quite as easy and reliable as a Blackbeard team but it can get pretty close to that. I'm putting off sinking gems into him solely because I'd like to have the 'core' F2P Shooter team ready out of Zephyr, Heracles'un, and some form of orb booster(Huzzah for Legend Marco) and with Heracles'un coming up later this month, he's gotta wait. Knowing that boss rush is next week....sorry Duval but I don't have the gems for you :/

Japan sugo seems legit. A lot of people are reporting legends!

Yup, just pulled my 11th Legend: Jimbei!

I'm loving Japan. I would give anything to have this luck in Global instead, but I've pretty much resigned myself to my fate at this point. Still lots of fun, but it just sucks that I put so much effort into my Global account.

ah_hia

As much as I'd like to spend more money in JP.i don't think I can redo all the skill ups needed. Grinding like mad in global is enough and I'm getting tired of all the grinding needed from f2p games as it is.

Adeptrain

Yeah,

There no way I could ever re-do all the grinding I've done in Global to switch to Japan, no matter how many Legends and features they give me....That said, I would love to get Rayleigh's shop!!!

Also, Amazon Lily Story Island is on x2 and I'm slowly working my way through it. It's harder then many fortnights!!!

MANUELF

Banned
HdzGhsm.png
I was soooo unlucky with my pulls :(

What's the standard Legend Jimbei team? I've got Koala, who I know is a mainstay, but what are the other essentials? With all the different possible legend teams I have now, I'm not sure that it's even worth investing the time into yet another team. I know he's pretty good, but I've already got Inthawk, Log Luffy, and SW Ace teams.

I was soooo unlucky with my pulls :(

I'm sorry buddy, that sucks. =(

MANUELF

Banned
Got enough for a single pull and got LEGEND ACE.....
I already have him so he became Rayleigh points, what does the Garp ship do?

Spinx

Did a multipull, no legend. Give me a fucking legend, Japan ! First single pull, Iceberg ? Second single pull, Boa Hancock ! That 6+ better be amazing.
KuGsj.gif

Kyou

did the Apoo coliseum today, not too hard.

I got SUPER close to dying against Apoo though. I used Doflamingo during Lao G so I didn't really have anything to burst Apoo with, and ended up killing his mobs JUST in time before they would have killed me.

Team I ran is Ray/Ray/Boa/Zoan Lucci/Mihawk/Doflamingo

maybe I'll replace Lucci with legend Doflamingo and sub in someone that can Dex burst like, uh Doublefinger??

GaimeGuy

Did a multipull, no legend. Give me a fucking legend, Japan ! First single pull, Iceberg ? Second single pull, Boa Hancock ! That 6+ better be amazing.
KuGsj.gif

Boosts Attack and Recovery of Psy and QCK units by 3x and 1.75x, respectfully, if HP is above 70% or below 30%.

Special: Delay all enemies by 1 turn (even if they have debuff protection). Heals team by 15x your boosted team's RCV.

Spinx

Boosts Attack and Recovery of Psy and QCK units by 3x and 1.75x, respectfully, if HP is above 70% or below 30%.

Special: Delay all enemies by 1 turn (even if they have debuff protection). Heals team by 15x your boosted team's RCV.

I'll take it.

Holy shit her book drop rate is so baaaad. Two 200 stamina bars, not a single book yet.

edit: bitching works, first book is mine

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'll take it.

Holy shit her book drop rate is so baaaad. Two 200 stamina bars, not a single book yet.

edit: bitching works, first book is mine

She has the worst book drop rate in the game, I'm pretty sure. It really sucks. At least she doesn't need many.

Hana-Bi

Wow, lol I'm really crazy. 5 pulls no luck getting Ace, one multi pull no luck getting Ace... Pulled until I got Ace... Happy new year to me yeah!

Top Bottom