• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

chrono01

I don't play this game as much as I used to (waiting until the anniversary to see if I get anything great to re-ignite my passion for the game), but Happy New Years to you all!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I don't play this game as much as I used to (waiting until the anniversary to see if I get anything great to re-ignite my passion for the game), but Happy New Years to you all!
Bruh, last time you said that you got awesome Fuji or something and you still haven't put more time into it. Even if you get Akainu, you're gonna fall off again. This game isn't about just 1 or even 6 units, you need to put in effort to socket and skill them, can you do that?

chrono01

Bruh, last time you said that you got awesome Fuji or something and you still haven't put more time into it. Even if you get Akainu, you're gonna fall off again. This game isn't about just 1 or even 6 units, you need to put in effort to socket and skill them, can you do that?
That's a good point. It might be beyond saving for me. :(

Well, if they ever get rid of sockets or make it easier to swap them in/out (maybe have them as equippable items you can craft and then socket/re-socket your characters), that might do it. I love the gameplay, and don't mind skill-up's, I just cannot handle all of the different socket combinations, especially for characters that are used across many different teams. It's just a headache. :/

boa: 0/1
cc hawkins: 0/1
rr kalifa: 3/18 = level 5
rr fukoro: 6/21 = level 7
diamante: 6/32 = MAX
sw sanji: 1/2 = level 3
wyper: 5/16 = MAX
story kalifa: 3/13 = level 4
story fukoro: 5/26 = level 6
saldeath: 4/11 = level 5

Gonna do dupes later as I'm kinda busy.

Glad I ended up maxing diamante as I actually saved 32 of his books just in case I'd pull him , which I actually did. Considering he won't get new books for a long long time I'm glad to get rid of that requirement.

dupes

cc hawkins: 2/6 = level 12
duval: 4/14 = level 9
hanyabal 4/18 = level 5
aokiji 2/3 = level 6

2/3 on aokiji is several kinds of great.

Adeptrain

Used the almighty books on my legend Doffy...got 2 skillups :) Pretty happy about it! Now I need to farm doffy for my 5* doffy and 6* doffy sockets...ㅠㅠ

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
legend doffy skillbooks are in the nico olivia FN, which also has SW Usopp skillbooks, Sugar, and 3D2Y Robin skillbooks.

Majukun

i'll probably wait for the permanent skillup increase before using my almighty books on fujitora..they are too valuable
That's a good point. It might be beyond saving for me. :(

Well, if they ever get rid of sockets or make it easier to swap them in/out (maybe have them as equippable items you can craft and then socket/re-socket your characters), that might do it. I love the gameplay, and don't mind skill-up's, I just cannot handle all of the different socket combinations, especially for characters that are used across many different teams. It's just a headache. :/

the only sockets worth planning for is for the dream teams of the legends..for the other you better just go with whatever you find first as long as they are good...

just remember that

lock and despair are crucial but it's useless to put it on any character,so just look if you have already many units with the same classes socketed with those,otherwise they are the ones to choose first IMHO

orb is not worth more than a lv 1 as long as you are not talking about shooters or driven characters,in that case,they go with fuji or sw ace,so they need orb sockets

cd reduction is the most useless of the useful sockets IMHO..yes it can make the difference between a completed run or a game over, but usually you build teams without considering them, so they are mostly just a luxury

autoheal should be your go-to socket as long as you are talking about units with 4 slots, and a serious candidate for anyhing with 3 slots. Only put them on units that will go on teams with lots of sockets (so teams that you have a lot of RR or colo unit for), otherwise is kinda useless...300 per turn would hardly make a difference..500 per turn is reasonable but more of a luxury than anything substantial,1000 per turn is heaven..so put it only if you can commit to that lv 5.

damage reduction has gained a bit of poularity as the contender for the 5th place against orb matching... i would use it only on units that will go on dream teams...or maybe if you have tons of RR units of a certain class. Personally i only have it on colo coby as of now.

RedBoot

Good skill up luck this time around. Maxed RR Kalifa with 25 books (seven left over) and maxed Colo Apoo with what I farmed over the week (his sockets were a bit less successful, sadly). Got Duval within 2 levels, if I'd farmed 30 on Friday instead of stopping at 20 due to laziness I probably would have been able to max him.

The highlight was getting my last Croc skill up with the one book I managed to get after the last skill up ended. So glad I got that one out of the way (also won't be tempted to use the Almighty Books). So I maxed Legend Marco with 19 books, maxed Croc with 23, and with 21 books so far my Sengoku's gotten a mighty 2 levels. Only so much luck to go around. :p

I'm not sure I want to do any more Hannyabal (only got him down to 17 since I got a somewhat low amount of drops, but that works with Caesar), so I'm not sure what to do today and tomorrow before the WB FN starts. I guess I could resume the hell that is socketing a maxed Raid Mihawk?

RR30

Good skill up luck this time around. Maxed RR Kalifa with 25 books (seven left over) and maxed Colo Apoo with what I farmed over the week (his sockets were a bit less successful, sadly). Got Duval within 2 levels, if I'd farmed 30 on Friday instead of stopping at 20 due to laziness I probably would have been able to max him.

The highlight was getting my last Croc skill up with the one book I managed to get after the last skill up ended. So glad I got that one out of the way (also won't be tempted to use the Almighty Books). So I maxed Legend Marco with 19 books, maxed Croc with 23, and with 21 books so far my Sengoku's gotten a mighty 2 levels. Only so much luck to go around. :p

I'm not sure I want to do any more Hannyabal (only got him down to 17 since I got a somewhat low amount of drops, but that works with Caesar), so I'm not sure what to do today and tomorrow before the WB FN starts. I guess I could resume the hell that is socketing a maxed Raid Mihawk?

What sockets are you using for Apoo? Curious what is the best for him. Just Bind/Despair/Heal?

MANUELF

Banned
Is it that hard to socket a Raid Mihawk, I maxed mine when it was only at 28 cd with Bind, also he is resisting skillup, Just got 1/10

RedBoot

What sockets are you using for Apoo? Curious what is the best for him. Just Bind/Despair/Heal?

I gave him Bind/Cooldown/Orb, but that's just because it's what he was getting. I wanted Autoheal on there, but he got one AH on the first set and proceeded to get no more for the remaining 43 copies. :p

I'm not sure if there's anything in particular he favors, so the usual stuff would be fine for him. The one thing I can think of is that I think he gets used occasionally on Blackbeard teams to ramp up the damage you take, so I guess that would mean Despair isn't good for him. But I'm not sure if that team gets used much at all.

Is it that hard to socket a Raid Mihawk, I maxed mine when it was only at 28 cd with Bind, also he is resisting skillup, Just got 1/10

It's just because he's only got one socket, and since I had him skill-maxed (and level maxed too) before sockets were even a thing, there's just a very low chance of getting anything useful at all when I feed him copies. Socketing him as you skill level him is much easier.

MiTYH

Mixed bag of skillups.

Got Wiper , Z, and a second Ain to max skills easily.

Had some luck with duval (I think half).

Aokiji? After farming him with gems since I finally got a good reliable team? Went 0/15. That really hurt, I really need his skill lowered by a lot

Few other mixed bags. Hannyabal was also disappointing but I didn't have many copies.

Whatever, BRING ON INTHAWK BOOKS

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
RNG blessed me and I maxed out Mihawk easily, which is great bc I'm out of town and couldn't farm much. I think my Doffy team of Ray/Ray, sw franky, jozu, usopp, and mihawk is ready to roll.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
RNG blessed me and I maxed out Mihawk easily, which is great bc I'm out of town and couldn't farm much. I think my Doffy team of Ray/Ray, sw franky, jozu, usopp, and mihawk is ready to roll.

Good luck on Doffy tomorrow.

I think ill go with G3/G3/Hack/Mihawk/Jozu/Golden Pound.

I "only" need like 40 copies... lol this will be fun.

bobohoro

Maxed SW Luffy, which was the only important unit this go around.

Also maxed Hannyabal (but went 5/3 on CD/Heal, but eh), got my last skill-up on SW Sanji and a few more unimportant characters maxed.
I also have 3 GPU dupes lying around, but I'm uncertain if I should skillup my 5/5 bind/despair GPU first or start a heal/CDR GPU already, since Usopp'n is just around the corner.

I also really need SW Luffy friends with a nearly maxed special level for tomorrow. A quick glance at my friend list showed a total of zero, which would make farming with my go-to-team kinda hard.

GaimeGuy

i'll probably wait for the permanent skillup increase before using my almighty books on fujitora..they are too valuable

the only sockets worth planning for is for the dream teams of the legends..for the other you better just go with whatever you find first as long as they are good...

just remember that

lock and despair are crucial but it's useless to put it on any character,so just look if you have already many units with the same classes socketed with those,otherwise they are the ones to choose first IMHO

orb is not worth more than a lv 1 as long as you are not talking about shooters or driven characters,in that case,they go with fuji or sw ace,so they need orb sockets

cd reduction is the most useless of the useful sockets IMHO..yes it can make the difference between a completed run or a game over, but usually you build teams without considering them, so they are mostly just a luxury

autoheal should be your go-to socket as long as you are talking about units with 4 slots, and a serious candidate for anyhing with 3 slots. Only put them on units that will go on teams with lots of sockets (so teams that you have a lot of RR or colo unit for), otherwise is kinda useless...300 per turn would hardly make a difference..500 per turn is reasonable but more of a luxury than anything substantial,1000 per turn is heaven..so put it only if you can commit to that lv 5.

damage reduction has gained a bit of poularity as the contender for the 5th place against orb matching... i would use it only on units that will go on dream teams...or maybe if you have tons of RR units of a certain class. Personally i only have it on colo coby as of now.

Personally, I recommend settling for level 1 or 2 orbs. By default, you have a 16.67% chance of matching orbs on any individual character. you need 5 socket points for level 1 orbs (20% matching chance), 10 points for level 2 (22.2%), 20 points for level 3 (25%). That's expensive for some small RNG manipulation.

the jump from level 2 to level 3 is twice as expensive as the jump from level 0 to level 1, with the same increase in odds. It's also as expensive as the jump from level 0 to level 2.

Majukun

Personally, I recommend settling for level 1 or 2 orbs. By default, you have a 16.67% chance of matching orbs on any individual character. you need 5 socket points for level 1 orbs (20% matching chance), 10 points for level 2 (22.2%), 20 points for level 3 (25%). That's expensive for some small RNG manipulation.

the jump from level 2 to level 3 is twice as expensive as the jump from level 0 to level 1, with the same increase in odds. It's also as expensive as the jump from level 0 to level 2.

that's what i wrote.
usually i would settle for lv 1 and call it a day,BUT shooters a driven go with sw ace and fujitora,and they deal a shitton more damage with matching orbs than without...that's why even a little increase it's IMHO worth it
especially with fujitora since you already have 3 possible matching orbs for every character..it makes those unlucky turns with no matching orbs very rare

RedBoot

There's a very good chance that I'll be so concerned about using my Almighty Tomes "correctly" that I'll never use them. :p More likely I'll wait til after the anniversary sugo to see if I pull a legend whose books are far off.

If I pull Kizaru, those suckers are going right to him, though. I don't think there's a better target out there.

EMT0

Banned
And Mihawk is now done, max special and 5 autoheal sockets. Time to relax before Doffy drops and hopefully, he'll go somewhat smoothly

commish

There's a very good chance that I'll be so concerned about using my Almighty Tomes "correctly" that I'll never use them. :p More likely I'll wait til after the anniversary sugo to see if I pull a legend whose books are far off.

If I pull Kizaru, those suckers are going right to him, though. I don't think there's a better target out there.

Same. Not sure who I should give them too so I'll wait forever. I really should just give them to Ray since I use a Ray team for everything. But he sucks as a sub so who knows.

EMT0

Banned
Same. Not sure who I should give them too so I'll wait forever. I really should just give them to Ray since I use a Ray team for everything. But he sucks as a sub so who knows.

I'd hold off on committing since Ray's special isn't the greatest. He may be getting a super evolution that changes everything, so that could be sweet.

Kyou

I never thought about Ray getting a 6+, not sure what I'd do to him

Maybe special is just remove bind(including 99 turns) and his captain upgrade is 4x chain multiplyer except if you land 6 perfects then the final hit is 5.5x

EMT0

Banned
I never thought about Ray getting a 6+, not sure what I'd do to him

Maybe special is just remove bind(including 99 turns) and his captain upgrade is 4x chain multiplyer except if you land 6 perfects then the final hit is 5.5x

I'm hoping he has something akin to Sabo where he boosts both HP and RCV by 1.2x; it'd make him far easier to use for more diverse content.

GaimeGuy

legend doffy is at 1/5/5/2 on sockets.

And now I have 13,000 XP to level up, but 15 stamina....

EMT0

Banned
It's a great feeling, to realize that double Kid can get the job done for Doffy as well as Kid + Barto can. Guess I actually will be getting a fair number of skillups on him. I wonder if I can get him <20...

ExVicis

Aw man you guys enjoy your Doffy drops. Looking over it his raid is way too tough for me, I'm way too new to maybe even complete the 30 stam one. I'll just spend that time to work on Mihawk some more instead of wiping on content I shouldn't even attempt.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man i hate this game....

3/5 Meat from Snails. G3 team can run Doffy reliable finally. Farm 10 copies. Happy as fuck.

0/10 skillup.

Not even interested to go back anymore - same with Kalifa, farm books for 2 weeks and get 2 skill ups. Just a mess and waste of time.

ah_hia

Man i hate this game....

Not even interested to go back anymore - same with Kalifa, farm books for 2 weeks and get 2 skill ups. Just a mess and waste of time.

Couldn't agree more. DQ7 is keeping me busy instead and I don't feel like my time is wasted.

commish

Ugh not sure I will have time to get ANY Doffy. Having these clashes over New Years is brutal. I just don't have the time and I'm in a plane all day tomorrow. :/

bobohoro

Well my first Doffy runs went about as well as expected. Success of around 60% right now, but most fails are due to me still being sleepy and dumb.
My double SW Luffy team would work, if I had a few higher level/skilled friends running him. Easy time stalling, but I shouldn't mess up my perfects as frequently. Like, I had about 5 misses on Doffy once, no wonder I died. But yeah, it works.

Double MC with SW Luffy sub is pretty fast and kinda safe. Messed up a few times on fodder.

Double BB with Marco sub is slow, and I'm missing 1 or 2 CDs on Marco to make it totally foolproof, so I won't run that quite so much.

And first 5 Doffy brought me zero skillups. Hooray!
Will run a few gems on 40 stamina later to see the droprate.

Alright, maxed Kalifa & my two fukuros.

Not sure what to do now as I'm pretty much done with Hannyaball. (not gonna skill max him, I'll do that if I ever return to this fortnight in case I get SW luffy.)

On that note, is there any unit in this game with such a large quantity of useless versions as Fukuro?

Dude's got 3 versions and from what I can tell they range from useless to vastly inferior to units that are significantly easier to get.

RalchAC

Alright, maxed Kalifa & my two fukuros.

Not sure what to do now as I'm pretty much done with Hannyaball. (not gonna skill max him, I'll do that if I ever return to this fortnight in case I get SW luffy.)

On that note, is there any unit in this game with such a large quantity of useless versions as Fukuro?

Dude's got 3 versions and from what I can tell they range from useless to vastly inferior to units that are significantly easier to get.

Chopper, maybe? I know it's kind of cheating since he has 1000 versions. But he has some really good ones version to compensate.

Chopper, maybe? I know it's kind of cheating since he has 1000 versions. But he has some really good ones version to compensate.

Right, there's plenty of useless versions for most chars ... but usually there's at least one or two really solid ones.

Fukuro's just ...nothing is even close to good.

bjork

Tried to re-socket Legend Mihawk with autoheal, and got to 3 in maybe 10-12 runs. Thought I had another hour when I saw "1m left" on the thing, and then the last run gave me damage reduction or something. I'll get it next time he's around.

I need to socket a legend Doflamingo but I just do not feel like running that raid ever again. I think I'll take my chances with socket books instead, since they're fairly common nowadays.

MiTYH

Got one meat up yesterday, spent it all on Coby and got no skillups from his books. Bah.

HOWEVER, I did run the straw hat isle with double baccarat, got FOUR Usopps. So, that's almost as good.

Spending the day between Coby and the prison thing, but mostly I'm waiting until turnover tonight for INThawk and some good socketable units

RalchAC

Did like 20 Mihawk runs. I was going to socket him with either Bind or Autoheal. But I got 3 Despair sockets in a row so I decided to keep those. I couldn't bother to finish him though, so it has 4 Despair sockets right now.

I'll finish him next time, and maybe start a second Mihawk or something. I would love to have a Mihawk with Bind and another one with Autoheal, since they are the two most useful sockets out there. There aren't many enemies with Despair all things considered.

Or I could pull INThawk and forget about it.

I did 3 Doffy runs today and got 1 Bind socket. He is at 3/1 Bind/Despair. But I hate socketing units that are already skill maxed, especially when it's a raid boss and costs 60 stamina...

Top Bottom