• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

MiTYH

Baccarat wasn't as kind for me today, only got one of the two drops boosted.

*dives back into WB fortnight*

EDIT: Full stamina later, one drop and it skilledup! This is exciting.

bonkeng

*hand goes up*

Tbh i would want an orlandu or tidus more than any 5base in optc.

Lol yeah agreed. Optc is more forgiving when comes to legendless vs ffbe.

A decked out 5* in ffbe can literally clear all content singlehandedly, regardless of what other units you have. Legends in optc still need good subs to clear difficult content.

Hana-Bi

The worst thing of the new fn is that besides the rare drop rate for IntHawk books I got 4 fuckin Spandam books from Rakuyo in a row. So I don't get anything useful from him. No socket or a SW book...

MiTYH

The forst thing of the new fn is that besides the rare drop rate for IntHawk books I got 4 fuckin Spandam books from Rakuyo in a row. So I don't get anything useful from him. No socket or a SW book...

Yeah, I'm swimming in Iceburgs and Spandams.

I'm gonna keep a tally like I did when I farmed Lucci's FN for his sockets. See how much this FN costs me. So far:

Edited -- doing well! Lots of time spent, a LOT of stages run with no drops, but I'm 50% for skillups. I can deal with those rates

4 INTHawk Books
2 Skillup (4 more needed)
1 Snail Stamina refreshes
2 Gem Spent
1 Pirate level Up
2 Thatchs

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Kalifa was really good to me this special up.

RR Kalifa - 7/15
Story Kalifa - 6/9

Those rates are ridiculous and I have 45 books left over.

Hannyabal took 53 copies to max on the other hand. RR Fukuro was an even 30.

I think I'll only lightly farm the new fortnight. I don't really feel like grinding for sockets right now, and I don't have INThawk.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Which FN...

One has WB books, which I need, and is only for a week.

The other has sockets for my RR Thatch, Fossa and Rakuyo, and books for my SW Brook and, I guess, Iceburg.

Prison Croc is also pretty good to do....

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Which FN...

One has WB books, which I need, and is only for a week.

The other has sockets for my RR Thatch, Fossa and Rakuyo, and books for my SW Brook and, I guess, Iceburg.

Prison Croc is also pretty good to do....

Make sure to at least get a copy of everything. Usually Legend books take priority, but I would focus on whichever characters you use the most. If you find yourself using the RR whitebeard pirates a lot, then it might be worth focusing on that one. You'll get potentially up to 3 sockets per run.

You kind of can't go wrong with any of them.

commish

Make sure to at least get a copy of everything. Usually Legend books take priority, but I would focus on whichever characters you use the most. If you find yourself using the RR whitebeard pirates a lot, then it might be worth focusing on that one. You'll get potentially up to 3 sockets per run.

You kind of can't go wrong with any of them.

Yeah but it's just depressing to do 5 runs for WB Legend book and get nothing. I should probably do WB books for the week and then in week 2, do the WB pirates socket farming.

MiTYH

Yeah but it's just depressing to do 5 runs for WB Legend book and get nothing. I should probably do WB books for the week and then in week 2, do the WB pirates socket farming.

Keep in mind Thatch is a rare stage in the WB fortnight. So sadly, socketing RR Thatch isn't viable. The others drop maybe 1/2 the time, I've found

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

That's legend book farming for you. 5 runs is actually pretty small. Most legend book rate drops are anywhere from 6-10%.

Remember that you're getting good pirate experience and turtles at least.

bjork

Did 1 run of each stamina, and a second 30. Got all the characters, but just one mihawk book, which Rakuyo dropped.

No skill up from one book, not surprised. This looks like a FN I might want to actually run repeatedly, and at least Mihawk only needs 6 to max.

RR30

What teams are you guys running for this fortnight? Haven't touched it yet.
I'm think something like?
SW Shanks/SW Shanks
Tesoro/Marco
Impact/Boa

SW Shanks/SW Shanks
Tesoro/Marco
Impact/Boa

Don't use Marco, Curiel fucks up fighter class damage a ton.

My team's

Sw Shanks/sucky Shanks
rakuyo/tesoro
impact/story enel

RalchAC

Don't use Marco, Curiel fucks up fighter class damage a ton.

My team's

Sw Shanks/sucky Shanks
rakuyo/tesoro
impact/story enel

My team is:

Tesoro / Tesoro
Enel / Rakuyo
Impact Usopp / T-Bone.

Stage 6 -> Use Usopp. If your team has 2 matching orbs Curiel should die.
Stage 7 -> Use Tesoro. Fossa buffs orbs. Most of the time he dies when I've used 4 characters.
Stage 8 -> Use Enel and second Tesoro. Rakuyo should die in 3 hits.

MiTYH

I'm using

Shanks/Shanks
Impact/Tesoro
Urouge/Cobyv2

Urogue since he's fully socketed. I know Coby get hit by fighter, but I like his special and it doesnt matter much anyway. Only specials I use are Tesoro on the last stage, sometimes impact if I burst too quick

commish

Yeah fighters get gimped but it's only for 3 rounds and not a big deal if only one character. I am running SW Brooks/whatever PSY friend lead, with Monet, impact, Tesoro and Pink. Boss gets one-shot. Pretty easy FN, though, so I think most any PSY team would be good enough.

Hana-Bi

My next 5 copies got me my first two skill ups for IntHawk. :) Fed 5 Fossa copies to the fn version though. :(

I think I ran the fn 65+ times already...

My team is double Shanks, Urouge, Impact Usopp, Tesoro and raid Boa.

I use Usopp against Curiel, Boa against Fossa and Tesoro against Rakuyo.

RR30

It isn't. I used Coby the first few runs since I didn't know Fossa gave a orb boost buff.

Yeah I just tried it and had no problem. Got two IntHawk books on first run as well :)

Will farm more after work today. Chopper can wait till next time. Only need a couple more skill ups anyway.

SW Shanks/SW Shanks
Tesoro/Marco
Impact/Boa

SW Shanks/SW Shanks
Squard/Tesoro
Enel/Impact Usopp

No need to stall at all. Just blow right through.

RedBoot

I just use GP Usopp on Curiel to stall out the Fighter debuff (since I'm using Sengoku). Otherwise, I don't have to stall at all, so it's still a quick run.

bobohoro

Guys, I have an announcement to make. I have found a new husbando, for he is good to me, unlike Aokiji. Because I'm one Despair socket and ONE special up away from being done. It took me 45 copies to get to this point.

That's 13/45 :')

EDIT: 13/46 for max sockets. Come oooooon 48

EDIT: It was 48, holy hell. I'm sitting back here, amazed that I maxed Doffy in one day while not gunning to pull it off

Doffy is Love, Doffy is Life

Congrats, I needed 58 but also got Doffy done in a day.
Feels good.

Also got 3 skillups on my first 5 MC copies. He earned his meals yesterday.

Verelios

SW Shanks/SW Shanks
Tesoro/Marco
Impact/Boa
SW Shanks/SW Shanks
Garp/Sabo
ImpactUssop/Monet

I have no idea why I'm keeping Garp but this blows through the FN anyway

Kyou

I'm running Tesoro/Tesoro/Rakuyo/Enel/Heracles/GP Usopp

I dont even have to think, I just have to tap the pretty buttons and the fortnight ends and I get some books.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Man I have no idea how I want to socket my RR fossa, curiel, and Rakuyo.

I will probably never use fossa without 3D2Y zoro or shiki as other subs, which means I'm already at level 2 bind/despair. Maybe I should go for all 4 utility sockets on him

bobohoro

Got 10 copies of chopper with natural stamina which gave me 4 skillups and 3 CDR sockets.
Leaves him at a CD of 19 with 5/5 in CDR/AH, good enough for now.

My Enel team should do the job quite comfortable as well:
FC Mihawk/Doffy Captain
Mihawk/Law
GPU/Kyros

With Max Coffin boat. All max level except for Lv80 Law.
AH LV3, can easily get it to LV4 with friend Mihawk.

mileS

Haven't touched the game in a while besides logging in daily. Can I throw together any Sengoku PSY team for the new fortnight without any troubles?

EMT0

Banned
Got 10 copies of chopper with natural stamina which gave me 4 skillups and 3 CDR sockets.
Leaves him at a CD of 19 with 5/5 in CDR/AH, good enough for now.

My Enel team should do the job quite comfortable as well:
FC Mihawk/Doffy Captain
Mihawk/Law
GPU/Kyros

With Max Coffin boat. All max level except for Lv80 Law.
AH LV3, can easily get it to LV4 with friend Mihawk.

I've got a similar team plan, gonna go

FC Mihawk/Doffy
Mihawk/Law
Kohza/Kyros

My only concern atm is reliably getting the captains I need to keep clearing Enel, as 90% of my FCs don't have a maxed Mihawk.

Tidd

I figure I'll skill max PSY Thatch before going for sockets on QCK. Using a rare encounter for sockets sounds like a recipe for disappointment. I'm sure SW Shanks owners can attest to that.

Besides Shanks both of my Buggys have full sockets thanks to that!!! I'm glad there is a Prison Buggy fortnight for the case I will pull his Legend version because I won't run that fortnight ever again. <.<
Oh and don't forget that Thatch will also be the secret character in the next Whitebeard pirates fortnight. So you have around 4 weeks for him.

Hana-Bi

3/18 skill ups for IntHawk... Well, hopefully I can finish Mihawk by the end of the week.

Lol, after getting no skill ups out of my last 4 copies I made my last run for today and got three copies in one run. Will save them up until I have 5 copies and hope I get a skill up...

My skill ups were: 0/4, 2/5, 1/5, 0/4. I now have 21 copies out of 110+ runs...

RR30

I figure I'll skill max PSY Thatch before going for sockets on QCK. Using a rare encounter for sockets sounds like a recipe for disappointment. I'm sure SW Shanks owners can attest to that.

Yup which is why I quit after the first FN and used socket books to max him.

What teams are you guys running for this fortnight?
I'm running:
Tesoro / Tesoro
I.Usopp / Enel
Monet / Coby

I use Monet on Curiel, Tesoro 1 on Fossa and Tesoro 2 + I.Usopp on Rakuyo. Probably overkill on Fossa and Rakuyo and Coby isn't needed, but whatever. It works :p

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've got a similar team plan, gonna go

FC Mihawk/Doffy
Mihawk/Law
Kohza/Kyros

My only concern atm is reliably getting the captains I need to keep clearing Enel, as 90% of my FCs don't have a maxed Mihawk.

Double Doffy should also work just as well with that layout if you're looking for more captains, albeit just a little bit slower.

mileS

Haven't touched the game in a while besides logging in daily. Can I throw together any Sengoku PSY team for the new fortnight without any troubles?

quoting myself lol. oh my. Gave it a few tries with Sengoku. Seems like Curiel is annoying for me to get by with the fighter reduction. Don't have Garp or anything else high enough to mess with it.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
SW Ace SW Ace
Zephyr Duval
Doffy Izo

My original team, back in the day (before sockets came out) was:

Doffy Doffy
Marco / Mihawk
GPU / Law

I think

Edit: Also, a 3D2Y Usopp team should body it. (In fact, I think 3D2Y Usopp has 100% clear rate in japan)

Tidd

15 Inthawk copies and I got 5 skill ups so far. Still can't believe the first 3/5! But I also hate the last skill up because I don't know if I should wait till I've farmed another 5 books or just YOLO them away and get lucky on my first or 2nd try. :(

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
15 Inthawk copies and I got 5 skill ups so far. Still can't believe the first 3/5! But I also hate the last skill up because I don't know if I should wait till I've farmed another 5 books or just YOLO them away and get lucky on my first or 2nd try. :(

Split the difference and feed 3. :p

RedBoot

Running Doffy/Mihawk, Mihawk, SW Zoro, Koza, and GP Usopp for Enel. Easy team which got me 30 copies last time. Hopefully I'll max him before that this time.

I hope we will get more than this for Marineford part 2. But they still have 20 days to announce more.

Well, they generally announce story islands within a week or so of release, so I guess that's a promising sign. Still nuts that it's coming so soon. I still don't have any of the characters from part 1, thanks to us not getting a double drop period for it. Might as well farm Story Kizaru in part 2.

If only they'd try to catch us up to Japan's raid bosses like the way they've been shitting out story isles. We'll be just 2 isles behind Japan when this hits.

I guess putting out story isles is easier than making actual events for global.

MANUELF

Banned
I find This so weird since I started playing Japan during the Marineford pt 2 event in September and Global is already catching up while far behind in raids, fortnights and clashes

Top Bottom