• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

bobohoro

Found my groove with Doffy. Double SW Luffy is reaaaaally nice. No trouble with stalling or trash mobs at all and even my unluckiest run-in with Doffy (got 2 red orbs, one of those being from SW Franky special, in 7 turns) went well, but you need to hit nearly all perfects then. But yeah, with good orbs you can finish both Doffys in 4 turns. And my team is only level 80 without CC or good sockets, so there is room to make it even safer.

Only problem is that I still only have 2 decent SW Luffys in my friendlist, but the other times double MC with SW Luffy as a sub does the job as well, although I have to concentrate and manual target a bit more on the trash mobs to not mess up.

Went 5 out of 20 for my first session today, 2/2 AH/orbs, had hoped for above average skillup luck but can't complain after starting with 0/5. Will get him to at least a CD of 17, not even gonna look at my gem count until then, afterwards I'll consider finishing him later (hopefully jp skillup rates are only a month out) and save a few more gems for Enel and 2nd anni sugo.

RalchAC

So I've farmed like... 9 or 12 Doffy copies? Got 2 Bind sockets.My Doffy is at 4/1 Bind/Despair, which is enough for today.

Will save my gems for Eneru and (to a lesser degree) Aokiji.

I'm gonna have a hard time picking between enel/aokiji during 2x skill up & just farming the wb pirate fortnight as much as possible for inthawk books.

I'm thinking of just skipping the raids and prioritizing mihawk 100%.

MiTYH

I'm gonna have a hard time picking between enel/aokiji during 2x skill up & just farming the wb pirate fortnight as much as possible for inthawk books.

I'm thinking of just skipping the raids and prioritizing mihawk 100%.

That's my thought and what I'll be doing. Raids come often enough, so unless you're hurting (and even though I am with Enel skill, I can get by), I'd stick with INTHawk. Plus there's a lot of socketable units (I'm lucky to have all of them RR version), so I'll just be spending all the double meat time farming these units. And it's skillup time, so if you're really lucky, maybe you can even finish it this week!

HabeeNo

Is it wise to use Gems for stamina when Farming Doffy? The 2nd aniversary is coming and I really want to do 3 multipulls 😭

That's my thought and what I'll be doing. Raids come often enough, so unless you're hurting (and even though I am with Enel skill, I can get by), I'd stick with INTHawk. Plus there's a lot of socketable units (I'm lucky to have all of them RR version), so I'll just be spending all the double meat time farming these units. And it's skillup time, so if you're really lucky, maybe you can even finish it this week!

Yeah agreed, I never use Aokiji anyway and while I do really want Enel skill ups badly ... well he's one of the best staller captains in the game. there's no rush there.

On the flipside, this fortnight has inthawk, 4 decent FN units + sockets for 4 RR units I have, there's no downside to farming it for 2 weeks straight if necessary.

Is it wise to use Gems for stamina when Farming Doffy? The 2nd aniversary is coming and I really want to do 3 multipulls 😭

Well what is more important to you, being able to clear a larger quantity of content faster or a higher chance of anni goodies?

The only time I personally gemmed for doffy was when we got the anniversary event where a bunch of raids were half stamina, don't regret that at all.

RedBoot

Yeah, I've had Aokiji max skilled for a while now but I've only used him sparingly. There's definitely some instances where you need him maxed, and if you have certain legends (Barto) he's more important, but I think it's safe to hold off on him if you want to spend gems elsewhere.

Maxing Enel is a lot more important, I think. You can get by with friend Enels for a while, but there's just a lot of content that can use a max Enel.

I'd consider maxing Doffy (and Mihawk) to take priority over basically everything else, though. That doesn't mean you need to do it all in one go (I'd certainly hang it up for the day if I went 0 for 10 on feedings as well), but it's a definite long-term goal.

There's a special place in hell for whoever decided on these SW Luffy book drop rates, especially with the number of skill ups he requires. I've had easier times skilling up legends.

Caim

Finally maxed Doflamingo, but I still need to get 4 more sockets for him though.

With him and Mihawk done it feels like a huge weight off my back.

I'm hoping whenever Enel comes around I can get some skill ups because I'm on a bad streak with that.

bobohoro

There's a special place in hell for whoever decided on these SW Luffy book drop rates, especially with the number of skill ups he requires. I've had easier times skilling up legends.

I scrapped up 30 books after running the FN all week long. I went entire days without one to drop. It was kinda ridiculous.
But his special is worth it.

My Doffy is 4 skillups and one socket away from max. I think I farmed roughly 50 copies, so that's a decent rate. Don't know if I'll finish him tonight, but might as well.

After a few runs I found a decently fast and pretty safe team in
Double MC
Alvida/SW Luffy
GPU/Mihawk

Alvida over Perona makes trash mobs and stalling waaaaay easier, never messed up once after swapping her in. It does require AH lv3, although I lv4 is quite a bit safer.

My SW Luffy has a skill level of 5 while RR Kalifa has 2, too bad 21 turns is too high

Not necessarily. You'll arrive at Doffy with 15-17 turns stalled, you get three more before their first attack, and then another 2-5 turns depending on if you take GPU (which you probably should).
Since you shouldn't use the special before they attack you (at least if you don't have Jozu), you have 18 turns stalled if you are unlucky, so 21 should easily work.
And that's with double MC, double SW Luffy can stall quite a few turns more in the earlier stages.

MANUELF

Banned
I scrapped up 30 books after running the FN all week long. I went entire days without one to drop. It was kinda ridiculous.
But his special is worth it.

My Doffy is 4 skillups and one socket away from max. I think I farmed roughly 50 copies, so that's a decent rate. Don't know if I'll finish him tonight, but might as well.

After a few runs I found a decently fast and pretty safe team in
Double MC
Alvida/SW Luffy
GPU/Mihawk

Alvida over Perona makes trash mobs and stalling waaaaay easier, never messed up once after swapping her in. It does require AH lv3, although I lv4 is quite a bit safer.
Close to have that team, Alvida has 12 CD, GPU 15 and both SW Luffy and Mihawk 21

bobohoro

Close to have that team, Alvida has 12 CD, GPU 15 and both SW Luffy and Mihawk 21

See my edit above, Alvida, GPU and SW Luffy are at a sufficient skill level for the team to work. The Mihawk special might break it though, although with some decent orbs you should still be able to finish them off even with a late health cut.

The problem is the variance. I can finish the Doffys in three turns with good orbs and high Chopper specials, but I might also have to use 5 or 6. 7 only if I miss my taps and have bad luck. So while it's a safe team with my levels (all 80+) and skill levels, I don't know where the cut-off point for needing luck is exactly. You'll also need a few runs to find your stalling path in the beginning, at least I'd assume, so I don't know if you want to waste a few stamina bars in trying your luck.

dawid

I stopped playing this early because i got tired of combining and leveling up all my random trash pirate doublets. Is it really necessary to level everything up and keeping it? Is it super-dumb to just sell the duplicates if they are crappy minions?

bobohoro

Well, 15 gems well spent. Doffy is one skill up away from max and 5/5 for AH/orbs. Might throw down another gem before bedtime to finish him off, but I'm satisfied already. Working sick and recovering on your days off at least has the benefit of getting things done in optc.

I'm down to 68 gems now, although with Doffy in his new state I should be able to tackle quite a few of the returning colisseum to get a few shinies back. And I'm only halfway through Moria's Manson for story progress, so returning to over 100 gems for the 2nd anniversary is quite possible.

Probably will use natural stamina for MC tomorrow, since he has done his most important job already. Won't have the time to really farm Enel in two days, but will try to at least get a dozen runs off of him. With maxed Mihawk/Doffy and Coffing Ship he shouldn't be much of a problem, especially since I also have Law and Kyros ready to go. Will probably skip Garp and Aokiji alltogether this time, don't really see a bright future for the former and don't really need the later right now.

EMT0

Banned
I think the game can tell when you like or dislike a raid. After Aokiji, I find Doffy to be pretty damn enjoyable with my team and it looks like the RNG has blessed me for my devotion to Doffy's raid. Out of 25 copies, I got 8/25 skillups and 3 bind/despair sockets. I'm gonna do my best to get as many skillups as I can in the next 5 hours, but I am walking away from today feeling damn pleased with the RNG

tumblr_mhs472vAOY1s4d3x1o1_500.gif

My SW Luffy and QCK Kalifa book droprates have been pretty terrible, like possibly worse than the drop rates on legend books I farmed (sw ace, log luffy, qck marco.) But I managed to max Kalifa's special and am 1 away from maxing Luffy now.

Anyways, I haven't really been playing that much lately. But I noticed this morning that day 3 of the straw hat island was up. I'm pretty sure day 1 and 2 never showed up for me, has this happened to anyone else?

Anyways, I haven't really been playing that much lately. But I noticed this morning that day 3 of the straw hat island was up. I'm pretty sure day 1 and 2 never showed up for me, has this happened to anyone else?

Yeah it's known as a general problem, seen a lot of people complain about it in the reddit thread for optc.

RalchAC

Yeah it's known as a general problem, seen a lot of people complain about it in the reddit thread for optc.

OPTC team (aka a single dude) is on holiday until January 6th or so. So things should stay on autopilot for most of the week.

Let the guy have a break. He'll come and check if the world is in flames soon enough.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
No time to farm Doffy. All day traveling. Did get him with a skill up so can't complain!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
just 1 more socket on legend doffy...

Edit: omg, give me my last bind already

Edit 2: GAME PLZ

Adeptrain

I stopped playing this early because i got tired of combining and leveling up all my random trash pirate doublets. Is it really necessary to level everything up and keeping it? Is it super-dumb to just sell the duplicates if they are crappy minions?

Unless they're story characters, random mobs get fed to the piggies.

EMT0

Banned
I think the game can tell when you like or dislike a raid. After Aokiji, I find Doffy to be pretty damn enjoyable with my team and it looks like the RNG has blessed me for my devotion to Doffy's raid. Out of 25 copies, I got 8/25 skillups and 3 bind/despair sockets. I'm gonna do my best to get as many skillups as I can in the next 5 hours, but I am walking away from today feeling damn pleased with the RNG

tumblr_mhs472vAOY1s4d3x1o1_500.gif

Guys, I have an announcement to make. I have found a new husbando, for he is good to me, unlike Aokiji. Because I'm one Despair socket and ONE special up away from being done. It took me 45 copies to get to this point.

That's 13/45 :')

EDIT: 13/46 for max sockets. Come oooooon 48

EDIT: It was 48, holy hell. I'm sitting back here, amazed that I maxed Doffy in one day while not gunning to pull it off

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY \o/

Doffy is Love, Doffy is Life

Kyou

Damn.. Only left 3 CD sockets!
Fed another 5 got all 3 cd sockets.
Legend Doffy complete!
Should i feed universal book to him? :D
I think we're getting the FN with his books sometime in the near future

Edit: also congrats on the insane luck

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Legend Doffy complete!

No. While you will appreciate the cooldowns in the immediate future, his skillbooks are in the nico olivia fortnight, which also has skillbooks for SW Usopp, Sugar, and 3D2Y Robin.

So I've farmed like... 9 or 12 Doffy copies? Got 2 Bind sockets.My Doffy is at 4/1 Bind/Despair, which is enough for today.

Will save my gems for Eneru and (to a lesser degree) Aokiji.

I know right? I got mine to max cd at 14 finally! (Second raid boss to do this with mihawk being first)

It took quite a few copies but i did it although the sockets were shocking i now sit at 5 bind 2 despair (only got 1 despair out of all those copies that was it!)

Time to farm eneru, aokiji and boa

This new fortnight will be awesome with skillbooks

3d2y robin for crocodile teams
Doflamingo (also for croc teams) but also a beast sub anyway
Sw usopp one of the best usopps once his cd gets maxed
Sugar (a great unit to have)

MiTYH

Already two full stamina bars (counting the one gem) deep into the new WB fortnight. It's a breeze with double SW shanks. No stalling needed at all especially with Tesoro for that last stage.

Decent books, I can use the chopper, Nami, and kumadori. Enel is already max, no spandam or iceberg.

So far I've gotten all units to drop, and two Inthawk books, which of course got me nothing. Time for some sleep and hopes that tomorrow has better luck.

Should I bother to max out MC? Not sure how useful he is going forward
MC is one where's it's always nice to have it lower, but is never a requirement. Like Enel. Nice to have it lower, often not needed, only for MC it's because you use him more either as a captain or a beat stick than for his random damage.

I wouldn't gem for him, he comes back often enough. But do get him max eventually just... Cause

Tidd

After 3 stamina bars I got my first 5 Inthawks books and got 3 skill ups!!! YES!
Also the first 5 SW Choppers gave me 4 skill ups and I got another 4 skill ups for the first 10 Rakuyos. I'm pretty lucky right now. Oh and I got only 1 SW Brook book so far. WTF? Is Rakuyo the only one who can drop these?

Edit: 10 skill books to max SW Chopper... Hope I will be this lucky for Inthawk.

RedBoot

Yeah, fortnight is easy with Sengoku, as to be expected. Going to skill up Rakuyo and use Fossa and Curiel for sockets. Not quite sure what to do with Thatch yet, his appearance rate seems pretty high so far (I actually have more of him than Curiel) and he might be useful in basic slasher teams. I use RR Thatch a lot though so I definitely want some sockets. He's going to be around for both fortnights though, so I might be able to max him and get a few sockets on the RR.

Really wish I had SW Nami, Chopper, or Brook, if only so more of these books would be useful. Two Mihawk books so far, I guess I'll hoard them.

Adeptrain

Guys, I have an announcement to make. I have found a new husbando, for he is good to me, unlike Aokiji. Because I'm one Despair socket and ONE special up away from being done. It took me 45 copies to get to this point.

That's 13/45 :')

EDIT: 13/46 for max sockets. Come oooooon 48

EDIT: It was 48, holy hell. I'm sitting back here, amazed that I maxed Doffy in one day while not gunning to pull it off

Doffy is Love, Doffy is Life

That's.... Amazing! O_O I got him down to a 23cd for now :/ will get him next time!

Hana-Bi

After 3 stamina bars I got my first 5 Inthawks books and got 3 skill ups!!! YES!
Also the first 5 SW Choppers gave me 4 skill ups and I got another 4 skill ups for the first 10 Rakuyos. I'm pretty lucky right now. Oh and I got only 1 SW Brook book so far. WTF? Is Rakuyo the only one who can drop these?

Edit: 10 skill books to max SW Chopper... Hope I will be this lucky for Inthawk.

Damn, thats lucky. :) After two stamina bars (13 30 stamina runs) I still haven't got a single IntHawk book and I have two IntHawks to level up... :(

RalchAC

Legend Doffy complete!

Congrats!

I know right? I got mine to max cd at 14 finally! (Second raid boss to do this with mihawk being first)

It took quite a few copies but i did it although the sockets were shocking i now sit at 5 bind 2 despair (only got 1 despair out of all those copies that was it!)

Time to farm eneru, aokiji and boa

And congratulations to you too! With Doffy and Mihawk maxed, you should be able to easily farm Eneru. So show him how it's done!

I wish Eneru was today, instead of MChopper. I had to get up quite early due to some neighboor that's refurbishing his home.

Damn. That's good luck. I'm going to try to max skill INT Rakuyo during skill up week (he could find some use in both INT and Log Luffy teams) and second week will be devoted to PSY Rakuyo.

I'll save INTHawk books for 2nd Anniversary :D

bonkeng

2 WB books, 2 skillups. 2 more to max him.

MC is sitting at 13, 3 more to max, but i won't bother with MC until i max WB.

Hmmmm, seems like I'm the only one here not having Inthawk?

Dandte

2 WB books, 2 skillups. 2 more to max him.

MC is sitting at 13, 2 more to max, but i won't bother with MC until i max WB.

Hmmmm, seems like I'm the only one here not having Inthawk?

*hand goes up*

Tbh i would want an orlandu or tidus more than any 5base in optc.

Top Bottom