• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Does it make more sense to use my tomes on my Marco, Ray or Sengoku? I use Ray the most but he'll never be used as a sub.

Kyou

Does it make more sense to use my tomes on my Marco, Ray or Sengoku? I use Ray the most but he'll never be used as a sub.

Rayleigh was my first character I used it on because I a) use him all the time and b) use him on islands. Also it's worth noting that Marco and Sengoku will eventually have farmable units on fortnights.

On another note, if I have a Lock/Despair and a Heal/Orbs GP Usopp, what should I make a third one? I'm kinda bored by all the current stuff and am just gonna Baccarat Usopp'n a bunch.

bjork

Don't know if I should run Usoppn raid. Max socket all those Usopps I have. Could go for a third GP but this would be overkill. My first two GO are bind/despair and cd/heal. Third could be heal/orb or bind/heal for forests...

I'm gonna at least try and get Log Usopp and SW Usopp socketed. That's a lot of runs, but I'm off tonight so I have the time.

Bad luck with rates on INThawk books this week. Hopefully, my luck is better with the next fortnight for my Sengoku, Monet, and Caesar. Hard to grind consistently for all the units I have and all the possible team combinations you form with 12 legends when my free time for this game has decreased considerably.

I've had two skill book drops over the last 2-3 days, I was hoping to build up a small pile of them. I might just feed them one at a time and hope for the best. At least we know this FN will return, so even if Mihawk doesn't get maxed this time, it's still possible later.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Rayleigh was my first character I used it on because I a) use him all the time and b) use him on islands. Also it's worth noting that Marco and Sengoku will eventually have farmable units on fortnights.

On another note, if I have a Lock/Despair and a Heal/Orbs GP Usopp, what should I make a third one? I'm kinda bored by all the current stuff and am just gonna Baccarat Usopp'n a bunch.
CD/autoheal for slashers? Damage reduction/heal for general tank utility? Stage/heal for hazard content (mainly enel forest and enel raid for now)?

Hana-Bi

So what's your personal tier list of legends you want? Mine is this:

God tier

Fuji (awesome special and forest god)
SW Ace (I have all the units for his dream team)
Marco (amazing sub)
Kizaru (best slasher captain because he actually can boost any unit and great sub)

tier 1

Jimbe (nice forest captain)
Corazon (would be easier for me to find Cora friends for my LL team)
Cavendish (great captain and king of colo)

tier 2

Sengoku (speed farm king but I don't really need him)
Rayleigh (amazing rainbow captain though he'll get more problems in future contents)
Law (situational special and I'd rather have Kizaru as a psy slasher legend)

tier 3

Sabo (might be useful for the new Luffy legend but he won't be that great until then)
Aokiji (his captain ability seems to be more trouble than it is worth and for his special you need free space on your team for that)

Hopefully I'll be able to get one (god or tier 1) during the anni sugo. Fuji and Marco are my most wanted legends...

bjork

Kizaru and Cavendish, for me. But after the 2y sugos, I'm gonna slow my roll and try to actually boost the characters I do have instead of trying to get every batch. I'm only missing a select few RRs, but I don't feel like I have many super great builds whether it's due to sockets or skill ups.

Majukun

hmm..got attached to fuji's style of play,so i would loe to have other legends like him,like jinbe and sw ace..also jinbe is one of my favorite characters

the other one i need is legend marco for the forests

MANUELF

Banned
I have Fujitora, SW Ace, Cavendish and Doflamingo(where is he in your tier?)
Also have Boa
And I have used only Fujitora since I pulled him

EMT0

Banned
This is my perspective, 70 days in on Global's Legends:

Tier 0:
Log Luffy: the best Rainbow captain in the game
Doflamingo: Orb Boost + Matching anytime anywhere; he can make or break clearing lots of content singlehandedly, or make hard content far easier
Marco: Forest God
Sengoku: the speedrunner's best friend, speed is its own reward
Borsalino: Penapple

Tier 1:
Fujitora: I Kill Everything
SW Ace: Ol Reliable
Crocodile: Ol Reliable's more RR-heavy older brother
Cavendish: Die Coliseum, die! Early game player's BFF
Mihawk: I am just good in every sense of the word, except for my special which is excellent
Whitebeard: Slow on the startup, downright brutal to the finish line...and arguably a better Striker lead than Barto
Rayleigh: I'm the most flexible captain in the world...stay thirsty my friends

Tier 2:
Jinbe: Easier on the startup for a new account, but loses the race to the finish compared to Ace and Croc
Corazon: I was made to kill one thing, and I do that very, very well
Bartolomeo: I'm good all around, but very RR-dependent to hang with Tier 1 boys
Lucci: Good lead, but the rest of the Powerhouse roster leaves something to be desired
Shanks: Decent captain ability, baaaaaad special

Tier 3:
Kuzan: Bitch I'm a monster, no good stage crusher, but look who's in trouble, I'm a pain in the ass to use no matter how great I am
Law: Also a pain in the ass to use, and is put to shame for each of his classes by other Legends.
Sabo: Pain in the ass to use effectively, not a particularly good Legend either, and his Raid Boss puts him to shame
Hancock: Female. Marco. But. Worse. Also what is a clear rate

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
No Tiers but i would love to get Whitebeard since he can be used on Lucci/Powerhouse team and many other. Same for Inthawk.

Fujitora would be nice since i could use my Driven/Legend Doffy subs on him as well.

Rayleigh would also be cool.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Urgh, I just accidentally used my skill up books on 3d2y zoro, when I meant to use some of the socket books (my luck has been terrible with zoro)....

I didn't even get any skill ups

RedBoot

I've got Sengoku, Croc, and Marco, so what I'd like at this point is a universal booster, like Log Luffy, WB, Ray, Kizaru, Aokiji, etc. As it is, a lot of my box, particularly my RRs, go unused since my legends boost under-20s, QCK characters, and Cerebral (and Croc really only uses about 6-7 specific Cerebral characters anyway).

So as far as what I need combined with the characters I like, Kizaru's probably at the top of the list. I suspect Jimbe would also be a good pull for me just since I could use Sengoku and Marco alongside him. And Corazon would be nice, just because I hate running forests. :p

Kyou

I have Rayleigh, Doffy and Boa. So that's Great, Good, and Boa as far as legend tiers to me.

The top legends I hope I can get one of from the anniversary are Inthawk, Ace, Fujitora
, Akainu

commish

I have 3 usopps I want to socket, and maybe my Impact usopp. Plz Rng. Favor me.

My most desired legendary is inthawk. So easy to socket!

EMT0

Banned
I'd like a tanky Legend most from the 2 Year Anniversary; Marco isn't exactly a tanky Legend inasmuch as he is a resilient Legend, Lucci is still awaiting better subs, sockets, and his books, and the less said about Hancock the better. It'd be nice to have a Legend that has survivability. For me, the ideal would be Ace as I've already got several units that let him operate optimally such as Zephyr, Heracles, and Legend Marco.

RR30

I'd like a tanky Legend most from the 2 Year Anniversary; Marco isn't exactly a tanky Legend inasmuch as he is a resilient Legend, Lucci is still awaiting better subs, sockets, and his books, and the less said about Hancock the better. It'd be nice to have a Legend that has survivability. For me, the ideal would be Ace as I've already got several units that let him operate optimally such as Zephyr, Heracles, and Legend Marco.

Kizaru and/or Doffy are the only ones out on Global I really want. I really need 3D2Y Sanji and Zoro for their respective teams though.

And I guess Legend Croc would work since I've had 3D2Y Robin since she debuted in global.

My legend tiers (the ones i own)

God tier
Log luffy (one of the best rainbow captains and it doesn't hurt that hes my strongest unit so far)
Whitebeard (once his special cd is down and you own the moby dick ship hes a lot easier to use) (p.s that boat still alludes me!)

Tier 1
Doflamingo (half team matching orbs guaranteed and orb boost)
Barto 2.75 boost plus passive damage block
Sw shanks (love the orb colors throughout)

Legends i need (really want!)
Sw ace
Mihawk

Kakaroach

I have SW Ace dream team to clear most content and Mihawk to speedrun content. The only legends I want are Kizaru and Law. Mostly because I like them as characters.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'll take any new legend, but the ones I'm really currently hoping for:

Fujitora - I have every component of the dream Driven team except for him.
Jimbe - I need him for my 3D2Y Sanji Powerhouse team. And he's a great captain in his own right.
Marco - I need him for my 3D2Y Sanji Powerhouse team.
Ace - I have every component of the Ace dream team except for Ace.
LOG Luffy - I'd like to have him in my back pocket, of course.
Corazon - A boon to painlessly clearing forests.

MiTYH

Oh, we're talking legends? Here's what I want, in addition to my INTHawk (tier 0 in my opinion since it's a lead and sub and amazing at both), Shanks (good psy burst and slasher beatstick with INTHawk) and Lucci (Powerhouse king but better beat stick sub)

- Fuji: I used him as a friend in that Weapon FN, and he just seems so fun to use
- Log Luffy: Obvious reasons. Have him in my JPN account that I do for fun and it's amazing and well deserved
- Sengoku: Just for team diversity, I'd like to make different ones
- Ace: One of my favorite characters
- Marco/Corazon: Need to finish those forests...

bjork

Got about 8-10 runs in on Usopp, and SW Usopp is close to being done. Then we'll see about Log Usopp. I really don't remember this one being so easy, was there a 40-stamina last time? I don't know why I wouldn't have run this a ton the last time it was here.

commish

Doing so many usopp. Tried using baccarat but way too slow just for a chance at a good double or triple drop. I have my runs at around two minutes a run. Hard to go any faster. I'm just going to settle for socketing log and GPU.

Are people feeding books now or waiting for double skill up? Have so many books.

Zunja

I really wanna try this game out but enjoy rerolling. Since the OP says wait for the Sugofest? I want to wait. I tried looking up when it comes online but haven't seen anything for January. Is it really worth waiting to reroll for sugofest or can I get good enough guys just rolling normal?

bjork

Doing so many usopp. Tried using baccarat but way too slow just for a chance at a good double or triple drop. I have my runs at around two minutes a run. Hard to go any faster. I'm just going to settle for socketing log and GPU.

Are people feeding books now or waiting for double skill up? Have so many books.

I fed all mine outside of 2x skill up, but I also max skilled GPU during the very first Kuro fortnight. I feel like the rates were more generous for the first few months this game was out.

I really wanna try this game out but enjoy rerolling. Since the OP says wait for the Sugofest? I want to wait. I tried looking up when it comes online but haven't seen anything for January. Is it really worth waiting to reroll for sugofest or can I get good enough guys just rolling normal?

The big sugo people are waiting on is the 2Y one in February, and if the Japanese 2Y sugo is any indicator, people got legends left and right at that time. So if you wanted to start with a legend, that's the time to do it.

But if you were going to reroll today, I think the best captains you can pull for the early story are probably G3 Luffy or 3D2Y Luffy. They can work with any character, where some of the other stronger guys require specific character types or colors, so those aren't as viable until you've collected some more characters. Though, I never rerolled from my initial account, so I have no idea how many times your initial pulls outside of a sugo would be stuff like Kaya and Nojiko. Might not be worth it.

Also: either way, reroll now or during a sugo, some of the most useful and versatile characters are from raids and can't be rolled for, so that's something to consider as well.

Adeptrain

We just finished up a sugfest a couple of days ago. If you can wait, the beginning of February should have an awesome 2nd Anniversary Sugofest (possibly Gold Only) That would be the best time to re-roll I think.

Zunja

Also: either way, reroll now or during a sugo, some of the most useful and versatile characters are from raids and can't be rolled for, so that's something to consider as well.

Yeah I'm feeling like, as with most gacha games, you get at on of gems early on and could just save them through this whole month and have a ton of pulls in feb. I think that would be the most fun option.

bjork

Yeah I'm feeling like, as with most gacha games, you get at on of gems early on and could just save them through this whole month and have a ton of pulls in feb. I think that would be the most fun option.

I think so too. :)

You figure, there's one gem per day every day, then additional ones for things like in-game errors or any time you have to download an update, so there's ~30, give or take. Then I think starting with Arlong Park, you get gems for clearing the entire island, so depending on how much you can clear, getting another 20 for a multipull is totally feasible.

I think the 2Y event starts on the 10th? Not sure about that though.

commish

Get one of the accounts with legends that we already have. Then save up gems for 2Y. Best option imo.

bjork

SW Usopp is 1 CD/5 Bind/4 Despair/5 AH. I could finish him today, at least. My old Log Usopp is all over the place, 2 CD/3 Orbs/1 Resilience, but I don't know if I'll get to him today. I'd sure like to, though.

Get one of the accounts with legends that we already have. Then save up gems for 2Y. Best option imo.

But that removes the chance of starting the story with Akainu and never having to try ever.

commish

SW Usopp is 1 CD/5 Bind/4 Despair/5 AH. I could finish him today, at least. My old Log Usopp is all over the place, 2 CD/3 Orbs/1 Resilience, but I don't know if I'll get to him today. I'd sure like to, though.

But that removes the chance of starting the story with Akainu and never having to try ever.

Do we even know if we are getting him then? I might have to tell the GF that our vacation needs to wait until next year.

RalchAC

If he is going to start with Akainu he could as well watch streams of people playing the game. I mean, there isn't that much of a difference.

bjork

If he is going to start with Akainu he could as well watch streams of people playing the game. I mean, there isn't that much of a difference.

To be fair, you could say the same for any legend up until possibly Ark Maxim, and beyond that depending on the subs and the legend in question.

I want to pull an akainu

RedBoot

All right, got my Usopp'n runs down to sub-2 minute, almost entirely mindless effort. Still have to pay attention to wave 4 since auto-target would have me keep hitting a 1 HP resilient Usopp rather than enemies who are still alive.

Took 40 Usopp'ns to get my first Autoheal socket on SW Usopp. Things are going great. :/

EMT0

Banned
If that's the better start option it could be fun. How do you go about getting one?

EMT will be along with more info :) he hooked me up when I started as well.

My name is called and I awaken from my slumber. Here is our stock of double Legend accounts(I treat Gear 3rd as a pseudo-Legend). Feel free to pick any one of them, although I'll drop a few points of advice here. Here is a link to the index of my playthrough, which I'm mostly linking because I've edited in a bunch of useful new player links at the top that are way better resources than my playthrough.

My advice is mostly a bit of meta info on the various options you have. No Legend is 'bad', but Boa Hancock is commonly regarded as the weakest of them all as she has a rather low clear rate and is in all honesty an inferior variant of another Legend, Marco. Corazon is a very good Legend, but what he's best for is clearing a form of content called Forests, the hardest content in the game that is a marathon compared to a Raid being a sprint. He also works very well with a friend Log Luffy(arguably the best rainbow captain in the game) and they practically line up to friend a Corazon. In that respect, Corazon is 'different' than most Legends as he's not considered a juggernaut inherent to himself but in concert with others. Finally, Gear Third isn't a true Legend in that he isn't available exclusively during Sugofest, but he's notable in that he can act as a pseudo-Legend due to his massive attack boosting captain ability that lets him clear content well into the late game using rainbow teams.

Aside from that, you can't really go wrong with any Legend as long as you keep the above comments in mind. They're all powerful units that will greatly help you get through content and that people drop bank in order to obtain every Sugofest. Some are more suited for some tasks over others, naturally, but there's no wrong choice. Let me know which account you'd like the most from the above link and I'll send you the code via PM.

bjork

Of the remaining accounts, I'd probably take the G3/Corazon one since getting Balloon Luffy to 50 isn't too tough and he's such a strong unit once he's G3. But I feel like Shanks/Ace would be more fun, heh.

I'm using a Baccarat team(mihawk,blackbeard and monster chopper subs) for Usopp

It is EXCEEDINGLY boring

But it's worth it if you

Took 40 Usopp'ns to get my first Autoheal socket on SW Usopp. Things are going great. :/

oh

EMT0

Banned
Can attest, Usopp'un is super boring. I'm 4 Bind/4 Despair atm, and I think I'm going to be satisfied with just getting GP Usopp done atm. I'd rather save my gems for Kuma and the 2 Year Anniversary.

MiTYH

My GP is 5/5 bind despair already, though I have a second to work on. Running double Baccarat, i THOUGHT I'd be getting to it today, but I wanted to finish Impact Usopp first. Started 3/3 bind despair, currently 4/5, and just taking forever. Still, as long as Baccarat takes, she's gotten me at least two extra Usopps, and a few turtles.

ALSO! I finally got my last ATK cotton candy and have my second max/max/max legend! Lucci joins INTHawk at the +200 stage. Now to work on Shanks...

bobohoro

Running Usopp'n is...stupid.
Double Baccarat with Mihawk/Gladius and Fullbody/SW Sanji is decently fast (19 turns to clear) but yeah, no fun.
Doesn't help that I got a single GPU book in 20 runs. At least that got duplicated.
Sockets are the only saving grace, second GPU is at 2/3 CDR/AH already.
But yeah, not gemming for this, waste of time even if a maxed GPU would be awesome.

Top Bottom