• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is there any point in using these low level usopp books? Do special levels carry over when someone is evolved, even if their skill is different?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
All right, got my Usopp'n runs down to sub-2 minute, almost entirely mindless effort. Still have to pay attention to wave 4 since auto-target would have me keep hitting a 1 HP resilient Usopp rather than enemies who are still alive.

Took 40 Usopp'ns to get my first Autoheal socket on SW Usopp. Things are going great. :/

My condolences

RedBoot

My condolences

I at least got most of his other sockets during those feedings. He ended up at 5/5/5/3 on Bind, Despair, DR, and Autoheal, which is fine for now. Don't want to spend more gems on Usopp'n. I should be able to get those last two whenever we finally get Kimono Hats 2.

Tossed him onto my usual Double Marco team and went for a test drive in Jimbe forest and actually got all the way to the final stage. Didn't have a chance to clear it, of course, but it's nice to see how super-tanky Marco teams can be.

Tidd

2nd GPU sockets - done
fortnight Fossa sockets - done
RR Rakuyo sockets - done

Today was a good day. Hope I can get the rest of my RR Curiel sockets tomorrow.

EMT0

Banned
And GP Usopp is done for the cost of about 2 gems, skillup, sockets and all. Feels great to not have to worry about him ever again and knowing that when something calls for him, he's ready to roll.

commish

Finished GPU with bind and despair. Got 5/5 bind and AH on SW with 3 despair and I forget the fourth. Only was able to get a few sockets on log usopp. I hope this comes back sooner than nine months from now.

So many missed sockets on my golden pound usopp!

Finally last night i managed 3 auto heals in a row so he now sits at 4 auto heal, 1 cool down reduction

I ran a double haruta team and wasn't SUPER! quick but got through

I got about 3 gpu books so a lot less then i expected

bjork

Good Usopp books: Gold Pound, Impact Dial,and Sogeking

trash everything else

That's 5000 exp down the drain, though. I always use them to level guys lower than level 50.

There are some crazy people that max every character or you can use them as EXP fodder

Crazy? Sometimes you need that one character that you never ever use normally.

Finally managed to Get the Best rank!!!!
Now I know that I must max level Zeff

j1Yb9PW.gif

EMT0

Banned
This set of upcoming FNs for February is looking rather weak. This is a good thing considering the 2 Year Anniversary's going to give us crazy stuff to do, right guys? Right...?

*crickets*

Carue/Hachi
Young Vivi/Wanze
PervSalom/Skypeia
Hogback/Red Zeff

The only one I'm somewhat interested in is Young Vivi in order to socket Koza. Everything else I could miss and not be fussed over.

Dandte

2nd GPU sockets - done
fortnight Fossa sockets - done
RR Rakuyo sockets - done

Today was a good day. Hope I can get the rest of my RR Curiel sockets tomorrow.

Sw usopp in the morning

Cd 5
Ah 5
Bind 5
Despair 4

Sw usopp before going to sleep

Cd 5
Ah 5
Bind 5
Despair 4

When are we getting specific tomes? ;___;

I think it's safe to say I went ham on Usopp farming:
-Replaced the CD socket with autoheal on one of my GPUs so I have healing/orbs on one and lock/bind on the other.
-Finished SW Usopp sockets with damage reduction, bind, despair, and autoheal.
-Got the last 2 points in despair on Impact Usopp.
-Socketted 3D2Y Usopp with CD, lock, bind, and autoheal.
-Nearly finished Sogeking with 5/5 lock and bind and 3/5 autoheal.

I haven't even touched Log Usopp but I'll cross that bridge if and when we get his skill books. Now at least I should be able to got level 5 healing on most of my plausible forest teams.

Hana-Bi

Finally leveled all my units up to at least level 55. :) Now I need to max more units and get my other units to at least level 60 (this will take a really long time).

Tidd

what was the maintenance tonight for anyway?

New content? New mechanics? (for Blackbeard?) Security updates? Preparation for 6.0? Who knows.

What we got was some updates on returning fortnights and raids. Raid schedule has two empty spots for new raids or a clash of clashes: January 26th and February 5th. But I'm pretty sure that you don't need a maintenance to add these things.

bjork

My box is such a mess. Outside of knowing where I want cotton candies to go, I'm just spreading exp slowly across way too many characters.

Majukun

still no sight of wapol's fortnight to return..meanwhile wanze is here for the 5th time or something.

Damn. What team did you use? I had to reroll the orbs on stage 20 to survive + burst Enel down.

fuji,shiki,ener,doffy,gp usopp,psy marco

still needed 2 turns to recharge shiki and burst..had to take a 12k hit from wiper because of bad orbs, and that plus wiper's special on revival and a thunder turn took it's toll in the end

before that i was trying with double fuji+doffy+shiki+marco and usopp but seems like you actually need more orb luck with that,and psy marco recharges a bit too slow for that team to work.

bjork

Taking a look at the character log to see how many spots I'm missing. Some of these are both versions (4* & 5*, for example), others are just one slot for a character I pulled the evolved version and haven't pulled the base yet.

- 5 unattainable spots (original Log batch)
- 28 limited time (Mt Corvo, Brides, Xmas, Sakura, Kimono)
- 26 that I need to evolve, but have their base form
- 54 story slots. I've been slacking since about Jaya.
- 12 spots for legends (Jimbe/Law/New LL/Cavendish/Aokiji/Kizaru)
- 5 spots for content not available yet (Colo Alvida is 2, then FN Izo/Blamenco/Namule)
- 2 spots idk about (1037/1039, Iva FN, but 1038/1040 aren't there yet so...?)
- 6 missing RR (both forms of Hiruluk and Mansherry, then base Speed Jil and base 3D2Y Robin)

I gotta get busy on the story mode and evolving dudes. That's ridiculous for as much time as I've spent on this game, I should be closer to complete.

MiTYH

I gotta get busy on the story mode and evolving dudes. That's ridiculous for as much time as I've spent on this game, I should be closer to complete.

I feel the same way. Every now and then I look at all the RR units I still have to evolve and go "How? How are you not evolved?" Then I'll remember it takes a lot of EXP, and I don't have the time for all that. I farm FNs and get skillups, those are more important to me

I've got every unit evolved so far except laboon who I always forget to actually evolve.

I try to get 'every' unit to level 70 at least, or alternatively to at least 1k+ attack if they're not at that number by 70, though I will say that there's a few things I keep in mind here:

1. if I know I'll never ever use a particular unit I'll max them at 30-50 instead as I prefer keeping my turtles/pigs for the next sugo/fn boss instead.

2. if I know a particular unit will get a ton of experience from another source (e.g. raid bosses with high exp copies) I'll avoid powerleveling them with pigs too much; as I'll get very far with natural means anyway.

After a unit reached level 70 my pattern changes to:

1. if a rr/decent unit is max skilled + max socketed I'll try to max them.

2. if a rr/decent unit is used extremely frequently I'll prioritize maxing them even if not entirely skilled/socketed, log luffy, inthawk, doflamingo,Enel, golden pound etc all fit this category. (also beatsticks like rakuyo because I mostly use them for damage anyway)

3. if a unit's kinda crappy but maxes really easily and has purposes for really specific purposes like Zeff in this week's challenge I'll max them to make them easier to use; these types of units rarely max above level 50-70 anyway though so that's not too big a deal.

commish

Do people actually use the other boats that are available in the forests? I see that people always try to beat them and whatnot, but whenever I see a guide for a raid or FN, it's almost always the typical starter boats/sunny, with perhaps Coffin as well. I haven't done much in the way of forests yet but was thinking of starting.

MiTYH

Do people actually use the other boats that are available in the forests? I see that people always try to beat them and whatnot, but whenever I see a guide for a raid or FN, it's almost always the typical starter boats/sunny, with perhaps Coffin as well. I haven't done much in the way of forests yet but was thinking of starting.

I think it's that way because they try to appeal to the mass. Most intermediate player have coffin and sunny maxed but won't have units to run others. Example: I've got INTHawk but no Ace, so I won't even bother reading a team that uses a shooter team/boat since it'd be slower/not as effective as the team that works for me

But if you run WB or Enel, WB's ship is great. Shooters have their place, etc etc. All situational, and not all work for raids, but you can experiment in non-restricting fortnights a lot.

EMT0

Banned
I just got the cold, sinking feeling in my gut that they're going to drop Sabo next month alongside the Thousand Sunny 2 and that due to not bothering to get a single copy of Hancock, I'm about to get F-U-C-K-E-D.

:(

commish

I think it's that way because they try to appeal to the mass. Most intermediate player have coffin and sunny maxed but won't have units to run others. Example: I've got INTHawk but no Ace, so I won't even bother reading a team that uses a shooter team/boat since it'd be slower/not as effective as the team that works for me

But if you run WB or Enel, WB's ship is great. Shooters have their place, etc etc. All situational, and not all work for raids, but you can experiment in non-restricting fortnights a lot.

Makes sense. I wanted to start using WB more which is why I started to look at the boats. There are some good ones.

Final sockets not going super well on my WB pirates lol.

I've spent like 15+ curiels to get his final heal socket but no go. (don't mind very much, but I wanted to get at least 1 maxed sockets guy out of this so it's a bit annoying lol)

bjork

I run each forest once to make the "new!" thing go away on the button for extra island, then I forget about them. I did Mihawk's ship and I think that's it, but it was so vital in the early game.

MiTYH

I run each forest once to make the "new!" thing go away on the button for extra island, then I forget about them. I did Mihawk's ship and I think that's it, but it was so vital in the early game.

You should run WB's forest -- you've got the units I believe. Makes Enel teams a lot better than just Sunny. Same attack boost, but more health.

bjork

You should run WB's forest -- you've got the units I believe. Makes Enel teams a lot better than just Sunny. Same attack boost, but more health.

I for sure have the units for WB with all the proper skill ups and all that. I think I have a couple of the others too. But I don't wanna... :whine:

bobohoro

Got my second GPU fully socketed with CD/AH, got 12 Sogeking books and 4 GPU books out of way too many runs. Usopp'n isn't all that much fun. At least Carue will be around and hopefully a skill-up near, want at least one maxed GPU.
Will probably go for the CD/AH one first, I think.

Majukun

i might be in more of a predicament than usual with colo alvida since you can't bring either psy or int characters.
i saw there are slasher teams avaialable but seems to rely on orb luck..hopefully i can find somehing that works well by the time she arrives

menawhile,that's my results in trying to socket the wb pirates

fossa 3/4/5/5
rakuyo psy 2/5/3/5
rakuyo int 3/1/5
curiel 4/5/5/2

for a moment i was tempted to gem,but then i remembered the droprate..i'll try to max them next time the fn comes back..hoping it doesn't pull a wapol and disappears forever

menawhile,that's my results in trying to socket the wb pirates

fossa 3/4/5/5
rakuyo psy 2/5/3/5
rakuyo int 3/1/5
curiel 4/5/5/2

I ended on:

curiel 5/5/5/4
Rakuyo 5/5/5/3
Fossa 5/5/4/3

Kinda hoped to get that final socket on Curiel but alas, two days worth of everything but the one I need lol.

RedBoot

Ended up 18/20 with Fossa, 16/20 on Curiel, and 13/20 on Rakuyo (not bad since I only socketed him on week 2, used all of week 1's copies to skill level INT Rakuyo). I can live with those results.

i might be in more of a predicament than usual with colo alvida since you can't bring either psy or int characters.
i saw there are slasher teams avaialable but seems to rely on orb luck..hopefully i can find somehing that works well by the time she arrives

Yeah, I noticed the PSY/INT thing today as well, there goes Sengoku or Croc teams (well, Croc probably still works with Colo Hawkins and some other stuff, but it'd be rough).

G3 is probably a good option. Double G3, Mihawk, Raid Doffy, Halloween Zoro, and QCK Story Kaku should work if Kaku's skill has a few levels. The only question is if you can stall 17 turns for Mihawk while keeping your health above 12k. Use Mihawk and Zoro on Bepo, and take him out within 5 turns. Then use Kaku on Alvida to get some DEX orbs and use Doffy to move them onto himself and Mihawk. You might have to reload a bit to get the orbs with Kaku, but I imagine getting 1 or 2 DEX orbs shouldn't be too rough. Zoro can be subbed with Boa or Log Usopp if you have either.

I think I've got a QCK Marco team that will work: Double Marco, Boa, QCK Beast Lucci, Enel, and SW Usopp. AKA all my best QCK shit. Even though I had trouble with SW Usopp's AH sockets, I got enough to get lv5 AH. As I've learned since then, stalling with AH and Marco's damage reduction is stupid easy.

Kyou

easy fortnight, good books

another pretty standard week. Really hoping the anniversary shakes things up, it feels like we're in a holding pattern

MiTYH

easy fortnight, good books

another pretty standard week. Really hoping the anniversary shakes things up, it feels like we're in a holding pattern

For me it's the lack of raids. I know we got boa recentlyish (far enough back that she's been here twice) but where's my nightmare luffy? Story wise we're past his point.

But for content, were swimming in it. Lots of fortnights, story mode being rushed to us, coliseum units, etc

RedBoot

Ha, was watching Zeenigami do the new colos in Japan and Orlumbus gives you all block orbs as a pre-empt. If you try and swap them with Kuma or something, he immediately switches them back in the middle of your turn. I don't play JPN, but as far as I know that's the first time any opponent does that.

I need more Haruta friends ;__;

Yeah, I built my INT team with just Slashers and Cerebrals in order to use Haruta friends when I could, but there's not a lot of them (would probably be more if I actually had him myself). Give it a few more sugos.

The fortnight's pretty easy, too. Blamenco's even nice enough to make himself weak against your attacks. No Sengoku books yet (of course), but hey, I've got a lot of Kuina books. :p

Top Bottom