• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Tidd

Kakaroach

I think I am going to play super casually this week. The past 2 weeks of hard farming INTHawk books during meat-up and double exp have burnt me out a little. Did get 22 total books after countless runs, so hopefully it was worth it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Currently running Whitebeard Pirates 2 with a Baccarat/Rayleigh team:

Rayleigh/Baccarat
WhiteyBae/NicoRobin
Breed/Vergo

Seems consistent thus far.

Adeptrain

This game...ㅜㅜ. A week of running the first whitebeard 10-15 times a day, about 70 runs, for 3 Inthawk books!!!!! Sigh....Knowing I worked this hard for 3 books, for just a "Chance" of raising a skill.....I'm done for a bit I think. I'll be back for th 2nd anniversary, but the range has burnt me out :/

Hana-Bi

Double Haruta works great.

I'm using a team with T.Nami, IntHawk, Noland and Robin. Just burst down Blamenco and use IntHawks special on Izo.

Kyou

it's nice being able to run Domino reliably. Thanks Z!

I'm mostly just doing some runs until I get the rare encounter to finally check that off but I've heard legend, tell from the far lands of the long long ago, that it is possible to get boa books from this fortnight. I can only assume those are lies based on my experience.

RalchAC

I've been playing more games on consoles, which means I'm spending less time with OPTC. When I came back home after an exam, I didn't feel like running more Usopp'n. Yesterday I didn't play OPTC at all.

2nd Anniversary can't come soon enough. I feel part of the reason why I'm a bit bored of the game is the fact that it's been a long while since I've got units to level up while doing Fortnights and things. I have a lot of skill books saved.

And Skill Up rates need to be improved. Right now the game has too much stuff going on at once. I'm not even talking about spending gems. It's more of a time problem.

MiTYH

Drops aren't going so well for me on this new FN. One ceasar book, still not blamenco, and only one of each of the others. Since I keep one of everything, that means I still haven't even socketed.

I know it's day one, but damn, come on guys. Also, no Sengoku for me so I don't have to go ham into this. But I think Legend Lucci is on the horizon, so that'll be me. Day 700 tomorrow!

Majukun

Don't know if we are friends in optc (what's your friend name) already but I have Haruta up this week. :)

i think we are..but as i said,the team still works with baccarat,and i have plenty of those on the list (plus mine if i feel like using mine and a towel nami friend)

feels good having the option of doubling a drop at the end of the run ..too bad i don't have my own haruta..i doubt haruta + baccarat works

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
towel nami
haruta
intvankov
slasherdile
nico robin
colo smoker

works..too bad i only have 2 haruta friends -_-

How essential is Colo Smoker for this team to work ? I could run this one.....with Baccarat.

Majukun

How essential is Colo Smoker for this team to work ? I could run this one.....with Baccarat.

don't know,it's used only on the boss stage..you might try using noland instead of him and look in the damage calculator if you have enough power to 1shot izo (since the idea is to use slasherdile + sunny to kill the goons and change orbs,then boost with nico and smoker and complete)

also i don't know if it works this way,but technically you can enhance croco's skill by using baccarat before him.

EDIT: seems like it does

MiTYH

Oh hey, did math wrong. Day 700 was today! Officially the longest I have ever played a game.... geez. Free 10 gems, pushing me over 200 saved. So that's 4 multipulls for the sugo. God i hope I get some good units...

Monet books are piling up, gotten a few Ceasars. Still have yet to drop Blamenco though. Using Double INTHawk team with slashers makes it easy. Slasherdile on second turn of Blamenco, then INTHawk special (if both are ready, it's KO, if not it clears fodder and a lot of health).

EDIT: Yay Blamenco dropped! Now to get more and socket the STR one.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Really hope we get a double skill up soon. I can't hold all these books for a long time. And shouldn't we be getting the 2nd anniversary announcement soon?!

MiTYH

Really hope we get a double skill up soon. I can't hold all these books for a long time. And shouldn't we be getting the 2nd anniversary announcement soon?!

I think we're getting one in a week or two. That's in the announcement. But you really shouldn't be hurting on books since we've had.... two? Within a month I think

commish

I think we're getting one in a week or two. That's in the announcement. But you really shouldn't be hurting on books since we've had.... two? Within a month I think

Well, keep in mind I keep books for characters I don't have but may have some day, e.g., Mihawk books. I'm also collecting books for Goku, franky, Caesar, etc this FN, along with the 20 or so GPU books I have saved up. Finally, I have 40 Heracles sitting in my inventory, and will soon have 40 Kuma. I think I'm going to have to sacrifice some 2Y anniversary pulls for more box space at this rate. Or ditch some of my treasure turtles... my beloved treasure turtles...

bjork

Well, keep in mind I keep books for characters I don't have but may have some day, e.g., Mihawk books. I'm also collecting books for Goku, franky, Caesar, etc this FN, along with the 20 or so GPU books I have saved up. Finally, I have 40 Heracles sitting in my inventory, and will soon have 40 Kuma. I think I'm going to have to sacrifice some 2Y anniversary pulls for more box space at this rate. Or ditch some of my treasure turtles... my beloved treasure turtles...

Or toss in $10 or something for some box space gems.

RR30

No INT/PSY for Alvida, and she's QCK.

Think I'll do a 3D2Y Luffy team with DEX subs, maybe?

No Int units? RIP IntHawk. Guess I'll try and see if I can find a SW Ace team to do it with, though no Zephyr might make that tough too.

I guess a standard Dex Slasher team could work too.

MiTYH

No Int units? RIP IntHawk. Guess I'll try and see if I can find a SW Ace team to do it with, though no Zephyr might make that tough too.

I guess a standard Dex Slasher team could work too.

This guide shows a few teams, including a fairly easy to make double doffy, raidhawk, asura zoro, lucci and brook. I'm gonna try that first I think

Or toss in $10 or something for some box space gems.

Honestly, I'd wait to hear more about 2Year anniversary, we *might* get a sale. Have we ever had a sale? I've never brought but might if RNG is particularly cruel/awesome

RalchAC

This guide shows a few teams, including a fairly easy to make double doffy, raidhawk, asura zoro, lucci and brook. I'm gonna try that first I think

Honestly, I'd wait to hear more about 2Year anniversary, we *might* get a sale. Have we ever had a sale? I've never brought but might if RNG is particularly cruel/awesome

Nice team. I'll probably use that as a template and use a team like:

Doffy / Doffy
Law / DEXHawk
Doma / Brook

That way I'll have some decent orb manipulation for both stages.

I don't understand all the complaints w/regards to Domino and Boa books.

First day farming & already got 2 boa books out of this fortnight, that's not that much worse than average for legend books.

Zunja

I've been enjoying trying to get perfects down and messing around with the story. Is there anything I should be doing early on or just do story. I slaved cola and got my lvl six merry which is nice.

Also should I focus on shanks or ace. I like shanks because golden pound ussop is good but idk.

Majukun

I don't understand all the complaints w/regards to Domino and Boa books.

First day farming & already got 2 boa books out of this fortnight, that's not that much worse than average for legend books.

boa is by far the legend i got the less books for..and it's not like i didn't farm that fortnight..all the characters of that fortnight are maxed..but still i got like 6 books for her in 2 weeks

EMT0

Banned
I've been enjoying trying to get perfects down and messing around with the story. Is there anything I should be doing early on or just do story. I slaved cola and got my lvl six merry which is nice.

Also should I focus on shanks or ace. I like shanks because golden pound ussop is good but idk.

You want to be hitting up story when you know you're going to level up in order to minmax, but otherwise want to stick to Extra Island like glue since its exp rates are waaaaay better than story and it will give you a decent number of good units to mess about with and make teams. Putting all your cola into the Merry Go is good, after you finish with it hoard your cola. Make sure to hoard your gems unless you're going to use them to expand boxspace.

I'd recommend sticking to Shanks for now throughout the early and midgame, as Ace requires some specific units to destroy content while Shanks is far simpler to use since you can use any number of PSY units to great effect. One of the current fortnights(FNs) has a unit called Domino that's PSY and lock orbs, I'd recommend trying to get her if you can.

MiTYH

So who's gonna quit OPTC for the Fire Emblem waifus?

Quit OPTC? That's a thing?

62440366.jpg

Seriously though, OPTC holds a special place in my heart. Never gonna leave till the servers shut down or my spouse takes my phone. But Fire Emblem... that game will take a looooot of my time

EMT0

Banned
After spending all my natural stamina today on evolvers, here's the rainbow evolver results:

4 Rainbow Pirate Penguin(5 once I finish a story mission)
3 Rainbow Robber Penguins(2 from Pirate Penguin runs)
6 Rainbow Crabs
1 Rainbow Dragon

I'm going to try and get 2 Robber Penguins with the natural stamina I get and hopefully, I can go many months before I have to do this hellish experience again. Baccarat didn't give me a single payout .___.

RedBoot

Not a fan of WB2's drop rates so far. 12 runs, still no Blamenco. Only 1 Sengoku book. Izo seems like he can drop several books (I've seen Kuina, Caesar, Franky, and Sengoku so far). Rakuyo was pretty consistent with his drops: usually Brook, occasionally Mihawk or Spandam. I'm worried that Sengoku's books will just be less common (which is great since he requires like a billion skill-ups).

I used to play Summoner's War alongside OPTC, so two mobile games is fine. I think that's literally my limit though, so hopefully Animal Crossing doesn't appeal to me, or we never see a Persona gatcha or something. :p

Tidd

I was lucky on my way to Alvida and got 3 skill books from the stages before her. Furthermore I saved my stamina to run it and got a level up. With that I got 10 copies and 5 skill books. Then I thought "Hey you should feed the skill books because you already got 10 copies in the first few hours" So I did it and got 2 skill ups! This means I need 7 more skill ups. With the 10 copies I have I only need 25 more in 9 days. After that I can feed every extra copy and maybe max her outside a skill up event. :D

Guaranteed drops + a chance on extra skill books/cc/tomes are sooooo amazing. I have to be honest: I enjoy colosseum runs more than fortnights that can give you absolute trash in runs.

Looks like the Blackbeard Pirates sugo is a week from today. I would expect a new raid to be the same day since they seem to like putting new raids at the same time as sugos to encourage people to spend gems. I'd like to think it'll be Kizaru but it could be Magellan as far as I know given Bandai's track record. I've noticed they've been having the friend point sugos during regular sugos too just to tempt people into pulling by getting them on the tavern screen. I'm on to you, Namco and your shifty ways.

Van Auger is the only unit I definitively want from the new batch, although most of them are still very good. I've gradually become less attracted to the prospects of new units simply because the turn around rate for finally getting their skillbooks is so much longer compared to Japan.

chrono01

I'll quit if I don't get Akainu.
Ain't got time for Treasure Cruise anymore anyway. Get that Tharja in Fire Emblem Heroes (I know, I will)!

I'm excited for the 2nd Anniversary Sugofest, though. I don't play as much as I used to, but I'm still interested in blowing through the 260 Rainbow Gems I've been hoarding. Not sure if that'll be enough for me to become more active again (Fujitora didn't do it, unfortunately), but we'll see.

Tidd

And another SKIP FEST because of the anniversary. The batch itself is pretty good. Will try to do only one pull again.

Ain't got time for Treasure Cruise anymore anyway. Get that Tharja in Fire Emblem Heroes (I know, I will)!

Inb4 you can't reroll because it's locked to your Nintendo ID.... This sounds like a Nintendo thing to do.

Hana-Bi

If the int rate up would be still during the bb sugo I'd pull for Shiryu but hopefully he'll be boosted during the anniversary sugo too.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Blackbeard batch looks great..sadly i dont have the Gems to pull. I likely wont even have Gems for Anniversary - stoning for Tesoro, Zephyr, Doffy and pulling on the last fest left me dry.

We also have Lucci FN and Raid Kuma upcoming - i wonder if i should stone there to farm them, would be a big boost to my powerhouse team. At the same time im more interested to work on my Driven team now - Cesar or Legend Doffy teamed up with. Friend Fuijitora is quite the solid setup. Feels like this squad has more future potential, with my limited ressources i might be better off focusing on one.

Fore example farming Colo Coby would be quite the boost for my Driven team - if i can figure out a G3 team to run there.

In general - the worst part about playing this game again....without Sockets there is alot of stuff you just cant run. Doesnt really matter how good the units are - skill cards take a while to be released, then you wait for skill up event and hope for the best...then you wait to Socket them which also can take months if not longer depending on the unit. And just leveling units still take quite some time in OPTC.

The game is still great...but its quite the investment and effort to catch up to the current meta.
Inb4 you can't reroll because it's locked to your Nintendo ID.... This sounds like a Nintendo thing to do.

You will likely be able to link your Nintendo account - after you rerolled/played the game for a bit.
don't know,it's used only on the boss stage..you might try using noland instead of him and look in the damage calculator if you have enough power to 1shot izo (since the idea is to use slasherdile + sunny to kill the goons and change orbs,then boost with nico and smoker and complete)

also i don't know if it works this way,but technically you can enhance croco's skill by using baccarat before him.

EDIT: seems like it does

Thanks, sadly i dont own Noland since i missed his Fortnight. I will just keep using the standard Towel Nami squad and hope for the best. Only thing that sucks...i wanted to farm Lucci copies for Legend Lucci next week. Dont know if i can get enough Cesar books in one week. Hmm...

linkent

I'll quit if I don't get Akainu.

I'm excited for the 2nd Anniversary Sugofest, though. I don't play as much as I used to, but I'm still interested in blowing through the 260 Rainbow Gems I've been hoarding. Not sure if that'll be enough for me to become more active again (Fujitora didn't do it, unfortunately), but we'll see.
Oh boys...
Just got my 700 days login.
This is too hard to give up.
But with sockets and low success skill up, the game is really hard to play now.
Couldnt really max everything in 2 weeks as there are multiple things going on.

RalchAC

Oh boys...
Just got my 700 days login.
This is too hard to give up.
But with sockets and low success skill up, the game is really hard to play now.
Couldnt really max everything in 2 weeks as there are multiple things going on.

Yeah... this is my biggest issue with the game. Right now there is:

A) Story mode.
B) Two raids a week.
C) New Fortnight.
D) 2 returning Fortnights.
E) Colisseum.
F) Evolver Islands with crappy rates.

It's just too much stuff unless you can play over 4 hours every day. The QoL improvements that Japan has got over the last few months were necessary and I can't wait until we get those too. AFAIK, those were:

1. Increased skill up chance.
2. +50% experience to Turtles and Pigs.
3. 2x rewards for 2x stamina.

bjork

I'll dabble, but I'm carrying too many phone games as it is:
OPTC
Crows X Worst Dynamite
Jojo Stardust Shooters
Puzzle & Dragons

also fiddle with Mario, Yugioh, and Sailor Moon, but not in any serious sense. But I want to support FE just in case that somehow influences mobile Animal Crossing positively.

commish

Just read up on legend Blackbeard. Ummmm he's amazing. It'll be hard to stay strong with 2anny so close. But damn. He's a beast.

bjork

[Honestly, I'd wait to hear more about 2Year anniversary, we *might* get a sale. Have we ever had a sale? I've never brought but might if RNG is particularly cruel/awesome

I think there have been three sales? Two for sure. They don't frame it as "each gem is now .60" or whatever, but "if you spend $X, you'll get Y gems free" and it's more per pay tier, along with princess turtles or socket books depending on the tier as well.

Just read up on legend Blackbeard. Ummmm he's amazing. It'll be hard to stay strong with 2anny so close. But damn. He's a beast.

I'm going to throw pulls on my alt account with whatever gems are on there, and if it's not silverfest, I might do one multi on my main this time. But I'm probably going in deep on the 2Y as a last hurrah, so idk. We'll see.

Top Bottom