• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

MiTYH

Hit Chaos Aliva with everything i had on my first attempt...lol and she still survive with like 10-15% and after that she killed me. I should have paid attention to her Def boost. On my second turn i brought Sugar for Leo - based Sugar now i finally understand her worth. Need to level her up as well since im gonna need her for Colo Cobys boss stage.

Sugar is seriously great. I always forget I have her, but she helped me beat a bunch of Colos and Raids when I couldn't do it on my own.

WB Part2 farming today. Nothing special, move along. Excited to farm Alvida all weekend though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Trying to get a Rainbow Hermit Crap - already 60 stam wasted...still nothing. I hate this.
Sugar is seriously great. I always forget I have her, but she helped me beat a bunch of Colos and Raids when I couldn't do it on my own.

Yeah - for some reason i thought her Special was random or only worked at around 5% or so left HP. 20% is quite the big deal - especially with so many bosses reviving nowadays.

Hana-Bi

Man, the rng part in sockets is sometimes kinda crazy.

Barto: despair, orb, heal maxed. Cd at 3 and bind still at one...

Thatch: despair and orb maxed. Bind and heal still at one.

And since we won't be getting special tomes that often I will use way too many tomes on Barto to get cd and bind to 5...

cw_sasuke

Okay i checked up OPTC Calendar.

Kuma Raid will be here on Monday and Luccis Fortnight on Wednesday. This means i will have a shot of improving my Powerhouse team quite a bit if i farm hard. Only downside - i will likely have to stone quite a bit which means no multipull during the 2Y Anniversary for me.

I have the feeling that i will loose my mind while socketing Lucci.
Man, the rng part in sockets is sometimes kinda crazy.

Barto: despair, orb, heal maxed. Cd at 3 and bind still at one...

Thatch: despair and orb maxed. Bind and heal still at one.

And since we won't be getting special tomes that often I will use way too many tomes on Barto to get cd and bind to 5...

I wish i had a unit to use Tomes on...i need the boxspace lol.

cw_sasuke

Today is rainbow crab day. I think I need 7 of them. Today truly is the darkest of days.

Good luck....after 10 runs without a single drop im happy if i can get one before the day is over.

cw_sasuke

About the the Anni Sugo - will every be pull gold or only those from 10+1 pulls ?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
About the the Anni Sugo - will every be pull gold or only those from 10+1 pulls ?

We don't know yet. Not sure how it was in JPN.

Separately, I'm preparing for the Kuma raid - is this as easy as it seems? Seems the main issue will be getting a fast enough team to farm it quickly.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Separately, I'm preparing for the Kuma raid - is this as easy as it seems? Seems the main issue will be getting a fast enough team to farm it quickly.

For a 60 stamina raid, Kuma is pretty easy if you have the right subs. The biggest issue isn't Kuma himself but the stages leading up to him. Random 1 turn CDs screwed a lot of people and manually switching targets is a necessity in some stages. I would prepare for the stages beforehand more than Kuma himself, because it caught a lot of people by surprise how difficult they can be.

commish

For a 60 stamina raid, Kuma is pretty easy if you have the right subs. The biggest issue isn't Kuma himself but the stages leading up to him. Random 1 turn CDs screwed a lot of people and manually switching targets is a necessity in some stages. I would prepare for the stages beforehand more than Kuma himself, because it caught a lot of people by surprise how difficult they can be.

Hm I was planning on running a marco/enel team but maybe enel/enel is safer. I am the worst player of all time when it comes to manual switching.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hm I was planning on running a marco/enel team but maybe enel/enel is safer. I am the worst player of all time when it comes to manual switching.

Double Enel will probably help you stall easier, and you'll survive the dreaded Stage 1 all 1 CD Doom. If you bring along DEX Doffy, you can stall basically on any STR Zombie.

It's slower, but safer.

Kyou

98Pu8zo.png

Sweet, day 700!

*spits out drink*

bobohoro

Nice one!

Started farming for rainbow crabs, need about 3, got one on my first run and was happy.
Next 15 runs nothing.
Doesn't help that it goes slow without being able to kill everything with Don Krieg ship.

cw_sasuke

5 more runs - still now Rainbow Crap :-/
We don't know yet. Not sure how it was in JPN.
I would assume Global would get whatever Japan got - i might not save up Anni gems if there is onnly a difference when doing Multipulls.
Sweet, day 700!

*spits out drink*
Kuma himself is pretty easy, it's the auto targeting leading up to him that's the real menace

Congrats on 700 days and Snail Gem as well - talk about luck.

Is Double targeting a issue with Double Enel as well ? First i thought of running Thatch/Enel - but double Enel seems easier and will hit hard enough for Kuma.

I need to check how stalling works on the stage - i might be able to bring Thatch instead of the Robber Penguin with Double Enel. Any roadblocks for this squad ? I need the team to be ready for Monday lol.
Over 700 days here and I've still never seen that. Congrats! Also don't pull on this sugo, you're luck is all used up

Same - still havent gotten Gems from the Snails heh.
Started farming for rainbow crabs, need about 3, got one on my first run and was happy.
Next 15 runs nothing.
Doesn't help that it goes slow without being able to kill everything with Don Krieg ship.

Its bad...but at least you got one - im at 0/15 for today. At this point i will be happy if i get a single one - so that not the whole day was a waste.

commish

I need to check how stalling works on the stage - i might be able to bring Thatch instead of the Robber Penguin with Double Enel. Any roadblocks for this squad ? I need the team to be ready for Monday lol.

Easier to stall on earlier stages with double enel so you may not need to stall forever on round 4, depending on your CDs.

alben

Neo Member

It has to be a green/red penguin if you want to stall in stage 4.
The biggest issues with targeting are stage 1 and 3. With enel you can recover from a bad stage 1, and stall enough for sunny special to be ready on stage 3

cw_sasuke

Easier to stall on earlier stages with double enel so you may not need to stall forever on round 4, depending on your CDs.

Need 20 turns for Doffy so i will just see how stalling goes in the early stage. Hope this works out - really need Kuma. Powerhouse team will finally have some Sockets if i can get Kuma and Lucci done.

It has to be a green/red penguin if you want to stall in stage 4.
The biggest issues with targeting are stage 1 and 3. With enel you can recover from a bad stage 1, and stall enough for sunny special to be ready on stage 3

Oh...okay thats good to know. I will try with the Green/Yellow Penguin first - if i can stall enough on the stages 1-3 with Double Enel i will just put another regular QCK unit in that spot.

RedBoot

The Multipulls being gold-only while regular pulls are silver/gold is a recent thing in JPN, but I think they've already done it twice. It'll likely be more common moving forward, as it's a good way to incentivize multipulls.

Our anni sugo will likely just be a standard gold-only, as I don't think they'll migrate that so quickly. Still too early to say for sure though. Honestly, we're all pulling for legends and that's the main thing, but the thing that amazed me so much about the recent New Year's sugo in Japan was just how often you got actual RRs from the pulls instead of Standard Strawhats or "Fake Golds." If I do a multi and get like eight actual RRs from it, it's probably going to be worth it even if I don't get a legend.

commish

I need legend blackbeard. This needs to happen. I hope they have certain legends boosted on certain days. That's the best approach.

cw_sasuke

I did it - beat Colo Coby, first time i cleared a whole Colo Chaos set (Alvida/Coby/Wiper). Feels good.

I should have put Tesoro on the left side though for an even easier time since i still had his active. Just got lucky that a non-friend random Fujitora showed up, otherwise i couldnt have tried this setup.

Lack of Fuji friends means i need to come up with another setup to farm Coby - sucks that G3 cant handle the stage. Any non-legend teams you guys are using ?

The Multipulls being gold-only while regular pulls are silver/gold is a recent thing in JPN, but I think they've already done it twice. It'll likely be more common moving forward, as it's a good way to incentivize multipulls.

Our anni sugo will likely just be a standard gold-only, as I don't think they'll migrate that so quickly. Still too early to say for sure though. Honestly, we're all pulling for legends and that's the main thing, but the thing that amazed me so much about the recent New Year's sugo in Japan was just how often you got actual RRs from the pulls instead of Standard Strawhats or "Fake Golds." If I do a multi and get like eight actual RRs from it, it's probably going to be worth it even if I don't get a legend.

Thanks, guess we should get official news quite soon. Unless we get a bunch of free orbs during the Anni i wont be able to do a multi - i rather gem for Kuma and Lucci - which will result in a safe upgrade instead of Gacha luck.

Though i feel im only one kickass Legend sub away...someone like Inthawk or Whitebeard to challenge the toughest raids if my Socket game is on point lol.

bjork

I wish more people had 3D2Y Luffy, my team for Colo Alvida is great with 2 of him. I can use a Rayleigh friend captain in his place, but then you have to wait out Bepo's lock and that can be tough if you don't get enough food orbs.

Good luck....after 10 runs without a single drop im happy if i can get one before the day is over.

Had three rainbow crabs and three blue lobsters, on runs where I didn't use Baccarat or Haruta, go figure.

cw_sasuke

I wish more people had 3D2Y Luffy, my team for Colo Alvida is great with 2 of him. I can use a Rayleigh friend captain in his place, but then you have to wait out Bepo's lock and that can be tough if you don't get enough food orbs.

Had three rainbow crabs and three blue lobsters, on runs where I didn't use Baccarat or Haruta, go figure.

Yeah 3D2Y Luffy is really great - i have mine up all the time but only have 4-5 people using him including you. What does your Colo Alvida team look like ?

3 Rainbow Crabs ? Thats a lot....didnt get a single Rainbow drop in 20 runs yesterday.

bjork

Yeah 3D2Y Luffy is really great - i have mine up all the time but only have 4-5 people using him including you. What does your Colo Alvida team look like ?

3 Rainbow Crabs ? Thats a lot....didnt get a single Rainbow drop in 20 runs yesterday.

3D2Y Luffy/3D2Y Luffy
Raid Mihawk/Legend Boa
Log Usopp/Raid Doflamingo

I basically leave one dude left and stall for specials on each stage, trying to farm food orbs along the way. At Bepo, you can use the specials for Mihawk/Luffy/Luffy since they only take 1 HP off Alvida due to her shield, and Usopp to try and farm for orbs. Then at Alvida, I just get her down to 1 turn, or even let her attack once, then use Doflamingo's special and game over.

RalchAC

Double Enel will probably help you stall easier, and you'll survive the dreaded Stage 1 all 1 CD Doom. If you bring along DEX Doffy, you can stall basically on any STR Zombie.

It's slower, but safer.

I'm planning to use a 2x Enel team with QCK subs and Doffy. I will put Doffy and Kaku on the bottom row.

Was the Thousand Sunny needed for Stage 4? Or could I use the Moby Dick?

bobohoro

Had a look, we weren't friends yet. Sent a request, I have mine up almost all the time.
One of these days I'll also get around and resocket him with CDR instead of Orbs, since he really is awesome for colisseum.

And SW Franky books drop quite frequently. Decided to feed him outside of skill-up, went 0/17 but oh well, with the drop rate and him already starting at usable levels I'm not too bothered by it.
Needed 3 levels on FN Thatch and got them with 4 copies shortly after, RNG is so fickle.

Really looking forward to that permanent skill-up rate, since pretty much all FN/Raid characters can be feed instantly then, since average copies needed for skill-ups and sockets will be pretty close then.

bjork

Had a look, we weren't friends yet. Sent a request, I have mine up almost all the time.
One of these days I'll also get around and resocket him with CDR instead of Orbs, since he really is awesome for colisseum.

And SW Franky books drop quite frequently. Decided to feed him outside of skill-up, went 0/17 but oh well, with the drop rate and him already starting at usable levels I'm not too bothered by it.
Needed 3 levels on FN Thatch and got them with 4 copies shortly after, RNG is so fickle.

Really looking forward to that permanent skill-up rate, since pretty much all FN/Raid characters can be feed instantly then, since average copies needed for skill-ups and sockets will be pretty close then.

Sweet. I've been using mine more just to try something new, but my slots are usually the same legends and my main dude is a rayleigh. Similar strategies, just a little less damage with the luffy team.

MANUELF

Banned
You guys believe I can farm Shiki with a Double Fujitora, Legend Doflamingo, Cavendish, Raid Enel and Story Akainu team? Only the Fujitoras and Doflamingo are max level and none are max skill

cw_sasuke

3D2Y Luffy/3D2Y Luffy
Raid Mihawk/Legend Boa
Log Usopp/Raid Doflamingo

I basically leave one dude left and stall for specials on each stage, trying to farm food orbs along the way. At Bepo, you can use the specials for Mihawk/Luffy/Luffy since they only take 1 HP off Alvida due to her shield, and Usopp to try and farm for orbs. Then at Alvida, I just get her down to 1 turn, or even let her attack once, then use Doflamingo's special and game over.

Sounds good - sadly im missing Raid Boa and Log Usopp. How long will it take for Coby to come back if i cant farm him during this Colo rotation ? Might just be too much between WB FT2 and upcoming Kuma Raid and Lucci Fortnight.

bjork

Sounds good - sadly im missing Raid Boa and Log Usopp. How long will it take for Coby to come back if i cant farm him during this Colo rotation ? Might just be too much between WB FT2 and upcoming Kuma Raid and Lucci Fortnight.

GP Usopp works too, and if you could take out Bepo during a delay, you wouldn't necessarily need Boa's heal.

As far as Coby, I'm guessing the more characters they add, the longer it will take, but I think this is the second time he's been here, so maybe not too long?

Kyou

GP Usopp works too, and if you could take out Bepo during a delay, you wouldn't necessarily need Boa's heal.

As far as Coby, I'm guessing the more characters they add, the longer it will take, but I think this is the second time he's been here, so maybe not too long?
Bepo will lock GPU for 13 turns

bobohoro

I might actually try Alvida with

2x 3D2Y Luffy
Raid Mihawk/Raid Doffy
GPU/Gladius

Shouldn't be too difficult. Although I'll probably leave her for another time, since I'm already hording enough tomes/books in preparation for anni sugo and need the rest of my box space for Kuma/BusterCall/NewRaid.

Doesn't help that I'm sitting on tons of penguins after farming rainbows for piggies and the dumb WBFN only gives me PSY teen turtles and INT pigs. I can't work with that, stupid game.

edit:

Bepo will lock GPU for 13 turns

Oh, right. Might replace him with Halloween Zoro then.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm planning to use a 2x Enel team with QCK subs and Doffy. I will put Doffy and Kaku on the bottom row.

Was the Thousand Sunny needed for Stage 4? Or could I use the Moby Dick?

Thousand Sunny can help if you get unlucky with CDs to soften up mobs, but I wouldn't say it's required. I didn't have the Moby Dick at the time, but I'm sure you could run it.

Kyou

They're going to have to announce the sugofest soon aren't they? Especially if we have five sugofest islands, they'd have to start tomorrow

They're going to have to announce the sugofest soon aren't they? Especially if we have five sugofest islands, they'd have to start tomorrow

I wish they'd announce something to look forward to. It's dull as fuck on global right now in the middle of a 3 week long event with not much in it.

RedBoot

# of beli bags I saw Rakuyo drop in 2 weeks: 1
# of beli bags I've seen Izo drop in 4 days: 6

Give me my Sengoku books you jerk. :(

Speaking of which, I know the QCK Giant in wave 5 can drop Sengoku books, anybody know what the other enemy is? I'm guessing it's the INT Cannon guy in Wave 4, since I've yet to see him drop anything.

Tidd

I wish they'd announce something to look forward to. It's dull as fuck on global right now in the middle of a 3 week long event with not much in it.

We should get a new raid next Thursday/Friday but otherwise I'm glad we have such a time right now. I can farm great skill books without missing much. And hey if we will get what Japan got for the anniversary you will have enough to do starting next week..

Though it seems like we won't get anything special for Marineford part 2. I guess it's too close to the anniversary.

cw_sasuke

Have the perfect team to run Coby reliable now - thanks to bjorks inspiration lol. With this team i can easy stall/recover my skills until stage 4. On Stage 4 Mihawk, Rayleigh and Sunny active to clear and the kill in 2 turns with farmed matching orbs.

Boss Stage: Slasher Croc active to clear the mobs + INT orbs, Doffy and again kill Coby in 2 turns. After his revival i can kill him easy in a couple of turns thanks to Ivankovs active.

So yeah thats cool - but i kinda wish i couldnt darm him...i dont have the boxspace or time for him, Kuma and WB Pt2. Well i dont have THAT many Rayleigh friends so this limits it a bit i think.

Yeah i will have to give Alvida a try once she comes back - i might regret it especially since i dont have many Fujitora friends but Coby would be a good sub.

Top Bottom