• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

MiTYH

Oh god, BB units....

Anni is planni, anni is planni....

Really hard not to do a multi on this. But I will try very very hard not to pull! One more month, one more month!!!

Tidd

Let's make a new rule!!!

If you pull during the sugo and get a legend you aren't allowed to post it until the sugo is over. Of course you can still post your silver pulls. :D
That way people won't get tempted and pull.

bjork

Let's make a new rule!!!

If you pull during the sugo and get a legend you aren't allowed to post it until the sugo is over. Of course you can still post your silver pulls. :D

I promise to not do this

RalchAC

Let's make a new rule!!!

Yes, please. People love to brag about their new Legends, with pics and everything. But people that get silvers don't post them that often. So you help people fall into Trap Sugos.

Help the community! Don't brag until the Sugo is over!

MiTYH

Let's make a new rule!!!

Also, remind people that the anniversary will probably be all-gold!

So if you pull a legend, you must also say how many silvers you get. And that anyone else who pulls will get those silvers, plus another instead of the legend.

And then hit them over the head with a shoe so they pass out until Sugo is over

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So little self-control ? Come on guys...you saved up for months and the Anniversary is only a couple weeks away - you can do this xD

I cant pull next Sugo - but im happy for everyone who wants some of the Blackbeard units and gets lucky.

Kakaroach

Yes, please. People love to brag about their new Legends, with pics and everything. But people that get silvers don't post them that often. So you help people fall into Trap Sugos.

People who usually get burned post too don't they? It's almost always people who get lucky and people who get hosed that post their pulls.

I won't be pulling on Blackbeard sugo though. Don't care for the characters at all and gotta save for one more multi for 2 year anniversary.

bjork

cw is right, just have a little restraint. (not that I have any, mind you)

People who usually get burned post too don't they? It's almost always people who get lucky and people who get hosed that post their pulls.

I won't be pulling on Blackbeard sugo though. Don't care for the characters at all and gotta save for one more multi for 2 year anniversary.

It's a mix of both. But suppose someone did a multi and managed 3 legends, I want to hear about that. The other guys could all be Kaya dupes, but RNG being that weird is always fun to hear about.

What's missing from this thread that used to be here to keep the balance, was the No Legend Club. I think everyone graduated and so now every time there's a neorice going "but I don't NEED another Log Luffy lol" there isn't a Majukun going "Another sugo with no legends, this rng is bad" or whatever. Those were the days, I tell ya.

MiTYH

Getting back to the coliseum, anyone have a team to beat Chaos Stage 3 (Sogeking) that's not shooter dependent? I've got Z and Heracules'n fine, but Boa's too high a skill to be useful, and stalling isn't working for me too well. Was thinking of doing double INTHawk and trying to brunt force my way through, not sure if anyone has had success in that

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Getting back to the coliseum, anyone have a team to beat Chaos Stage 3 (Sogeking) that's not shooter dependent? I've got Z and Heracules'n fine, but Boa's too high a skill to be useful, and stalling isn't working for me too well. Was thinking of doing double INTHawk and trying to brunt force my way through, not sure if anyone has had success in that
Genzo secret Legend tier.

Tidd

Haha, I didn't pull last time (except for my single yolo pull which I do every sugo) and I won't do it this time. The first time is the hardest, right? So it should be easy. And last sugo a lot of you guys pulled a legend iirc. Hope to see some Blackbeards because even as a friend captain he is great!

Genzo secret Legend tier.

Or Halloween Rob...Oh right she was nerfed.

RalchAC

cw is right, just have a little restraint. (not that I have any, mind you)

It's a mix of both. But suppose someone did a multi and managed 3 legends, I want to hear about that. The other guys could all be Kaya dupes, but RNG being that weird is always fun to hear about.

What's missing from this thread that used to be here to keep the balance, was the No Legend Club. I think everyone graduated and so now every time there's a neorice going "but I don't NEED another Log Luffy lol" there isn't a Majukun going "Another sugo with no legends, this rng is bad" or whatever. Those were the days, I tell ya.

Hisoka is the honorary president and last member of the Legendless Club, I think. He doesn't post it as often because it would make him cry.

Resist, Hisoka-san! The Anniversary is almost there!

You usually get either the people that get Legends, and those that got absolutely awful pulls. If you had average luck is a bit like, "ok whatever".

I strongarmed it with Inthawk I think, didn't find it that difficult.

MANUELF

Banned
Hisoka is the honorary president and last member of the Legendless Club, I think. He doesn't post it as often because it would make him cry.
Resist, Hisoka-san! The Anniversary is almost there!

You usually get either the people that get Legends, and those that got absolutely awful pulls. If you had average luck is a bit like, "ok whatever".

Im still legendless in global even if I have pulled 5 legends in Japan

RalchAC

Im still legendless in global even if I have pulled 5 legends in Japan

Why didn't you reroll?

I mean, Hisoka has been playing since the dark times, when people rerolled for QCK Ace and 5* PSY Shanks because those 2 where the only characters only available at the Gacha machine.

linkent

Blackbeard hype

hopefully this means Akainu for the anniversary T_T
watch it be
Legend BUGGY Anniversary!

Yeah... this is my biggest issue with the game. Right now there is:

A) Story mode.
B) Two raids a week.
C) New Fortnight.
D) 2 returning Fortnights.
E) Colisseum.
F) Evolver Islands with crappy rates.

It's just too much stuff unless you can play over 4 hours every day. The QoL improvements that Japan has got over the last few months were necessary and I can't wait until we get those too. AFAIK, those were:

1. Increased skill up chance.
2. +50% experience to Turtles and Pigs.
3. 2x rewards for 2x stamina.

There is something wrong when we are cursing ourself after getting a meat snails.

Those updates definitely needed.
But after watching Zeeni video where he fed books at double skill up (after skill chance update)
not much different honestly.

Nothing feel worse than doing so much and progressing nothing. >.<

MANUELF

Banned
Why didn't you reroll?

I mean, Hisoka has been playing since the dark times, when people rerolled for QCK Ace and 5* PSY Shanks because those 2 where the only characters only available at the Gacha machine.

When I knew of rerolling I was already at the Baratie and 2 weeks in, I also didnt reroll in Japan and I already have(Boa, Fujitora, SW Ace, Doflamingo and Cavendish)

cw_sasuke

Do we know when we are getting the 2x rewards for 2x stamina update ?
Because i dont see myself getting Raid Doffy max skilled and Legend Doffy socket with the current setup. Last time he was up i spend 10 stones and only got like 5 skillups.

I have played for over 5 months now in Global and 4 months in Japan :/

Took me 20 months to get my first Legend on Global...5 isnt that long tbh lol.
Then again we have way more Legends now than 1-2 years ago.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I'm with this. I can't lie. I have pulled because I have seen others here getting legendaries and I think "oh, that could be me!" And I'm sure my own posts have influenced someone as well. No posting! I stay out of reddit pull threads for that very reason.

you are like a child to some of us

I am at 2 months in I think. What does that make me?! A baby :(

bjork

The thing about jumping in at any point over the last... let's say year, it's far easier to get a legend or start with one or even two on a reroll. When this first came out, that wasn't even an option. Like Ralch said, QCK Ace and the first Shanks were considered enviable units, and you were the man if you had an evolved Arlong. Then Mihawk dropped and your entire friend list would be Mihawk, since slashers were so viable. Then WB dropped, then I think Boa and Rayleigh? I forget the order. But I feel like those first few legend sugos, they weren't even boosted other than the color? So it was a tough row to hoe, even if the content wasn't as involved as it was now. A lot of people got to Arlong and they got stonewalled, or Smoker in Loguetown. Nowadays you pop in with your shiny new legend account and steamroll all the way til Water 7 or so. It's not bad, just a different thing.

I went with
3D2Y Luffy/3D2Y Luffy
Raid Mihawk/Legend Boa
Log Usopp/Raid Doflamingo

I don't recall having a problem anywhere in Chaos this time except for the kamabaka lady, because I kept messing up my burst, then she'd autoheal. But other than that, smooth sailing. Not much in the way of sockets either, on that team.

I'm with this. I can't lie. I have pulled because I have seen others here getting legendaries and I think "oh, that could be me!" And I'm sure my own posts have influenced someone as well. No posting! I stay out of reddit pull threads for that very reason.

I'll be your cautionary tale this time, I'm guessing it'll be a 10-dupe multi.

MiTYH

I don't recall having a problem anywhere in Chaos this time except for the kamabaka lady, because I kept messing up my burst, then she'd autoheal. But other than that, smooth sailing. Not much in the way of sockets either, on that team.
[/QUOTE]

Same, I went in with a random PSY burst Shanks lead, kept healing up but I powered through.

I managed to INTHawk my way through stage 3. Enel teams are laughably better now that I have WB ship for stage 4. Now I'm trying to find a decent team to farm Alvida. So far the RaidHawk team I made is too RNG dependent and I lose. Trying Enel/Enel now

EDIT: Not strong enough for Enel Enel. Gotta rethink Mihawk then

The only times the pre-stages in Colo screw me over is when I go in with a random team blind & discover they do something like debuff all slashers or special lock all int.

and it's like ... okay I literally took the worst team for this~

Kakaroach

That makes sense. People are pretty hyped about legends but also need somewhere to vent salt. I guess after you pull a legend or two, you're pretty happy even if your pulls are pretty meh.

At this point, I'm just hoping for a ton of new units. Almost done leveling up most of my RR characters.

bjork

That makes sense. People are pretty hyped about legends but also need somewhere to vent salt. I guess after you pull a legend or two, you're pretty happy even if your pulls are pretty meh.

At this point, I'm just hoping for a ton of new units. Almost done leveling up most of my RR characters.

This was me last time, because I pulled once on accident and got Fujitora, then just spent my remaining gems like "what the hell, why not" and also got Corazon. Pretty uncommon in my experience, though I have yet to actually use Corazon.

RR30

Oh god, BB units....

Anni is planni, anni is planni....

Really hard not to do a multi on this. But I will try very very hard not to pull! One more month, one more month!!!

Yup zero chance I hold out. I should be at 50 gems by then so I can do a multi. Though last ~3 sugos have been absolute garbage for me.

bobohoro

Well, I'm still without a legend as well.
But with 150 days in I probably qualify as a toddler as well.

Spent the majority of the last days farming evolvers. Got my rainbow penguins up to 5 and 7, 3+ for every dragon and only need 2 or 3 rainbow crabs tomorrow to be satisfied. Also crossed beyond 100 gems again and decided to go ahead and increase box space to 700, where I'll leave it for a while I guess.

Still need to tackle chaos coli, all three of them actually. Wyper shouldn't be a problem, the other two might be too hard in the end, we'll see.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I know I should farm Alvida but I need so much from this WB FN that I can't help but farm it. I feel like lower SP for Monet, Franky, Sengoku and Caesar will serve me better. Not enough stamina!

MiTYH

My team of Doffy/Doffy/Mihawk/3d2y Zoro/Thatch/FN Lucci did just fine against Alvida, should be some good farming

The one unit I want most (next to Monet). Honestly, if he's anywhere near featured in the BB Sugo, I'm pulling, screw the anni planni

If I sub Koza, think that'd work fine enough? I'm using Raidhawk/Raidhawk, Doffy/HWZoro/Koza/Brook. It's hit or miss with orbs on the last stage sometimes

I'm a bit conflicted about farming Domino;

Boa hancock's books will also drop from kimono jimbe & her special's already fairly usable at 17 turns anyway; not to mention that I probably won't use her much until I get her sockets done (or if she gets a great 6+ eventually lol);

I don't really feel like farming Alvida yet as I don't think I should use log luffy teams until I'm more used on my new tablet; so maybe I should focus on the whitebeard forest ...

Decisions, Decisions.

Kyou

The one unit I want most (next to Monet). Honestly, if he's anywhere near featured in the BB Sugo, I'm pulling, screw the anni planni

If I sub Koza, think that'd work fine enough? I'm using Raidhawk/Raidhawk, Doffy/HWZoro/Koza/Brook. It's hit or miss with orbs on the last stage sometimes
Koza or Mr. 1 should be fine. I got her down halfway then bursted with three green orbs. Didn't even get to the last Doflamingo before she died.

Koza would also probably help with Bepo damage.

Hana-Bi

I know I should farm Alvida but I need so much from this WB FN that I can't help but farm it. I feel like lower SP for Monet, Franky, Sengoku and Caesar will serve me better. Not enough stamina!
Well, Alvida will be up one more week after WB fn is gone. I'll run WB fn until I've got enough books and then switch to Alvida farming.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm always amazed when I use him, 2x, 2turns, own orb. Then I use 3D2Y Sanji and cri, but his Leader is good! Then I use Legend Lucci and cri more.

MiTYH

Koza or Mr. 1 should be fine. I got her down halfway then bursted with three green orbs. Didn't even get to the last Doflamingo before she died.

Koza would also probably help with Bepo damage.

Wow, that was a great team. 90k health is plenty of room to play it safe. Mihawk on bepo, then doffy/koza when he's at 51%. Whittle down Alvida and a lot of time to farm the 3 orbs. Koza and Doffy again for the kill

A+ will farm again!

I'm always amazed when I use him, 2x, 2turns, own orb. Then I use 3D2Y Sanji and cri, but his Leader is good! Then I use Legend Lucci and cri more.

Crap, forgot about him. I have Legend Lucci, he would really complete that team too/replace him as a leader. Okay, fine, I want a 3D2Y sugo boost!

RedBoot

I just got a +3 CC in the colosseum. This is my first one after 212028192 runs. That's like getting a legend!

I've gotten three so far, two of which were from Mr. Prince during the Hawkins colo. Almost made me think he had a higher drop rate for them, what with Sanji being in all the Restaurant event levels. :p

Anyway, my Marco team works well enough against Alvida. Eight copies today, and I'll stick to that number for each colo day remaining. Should make for an easy max (Alvida actually requires a bit less skill leveling than most colo characters), and Alvida's another one of those characters who you can't really overfarm since you can use the copies for STR Alvida as well (if you want to watch copies disappear while socketing a single slot character, anyway).

QCK Up is next, ending on Feb. 7, which should be right around when the anniversary starts. So we just had INT Up, and a DEX Up before that, so I guess the most likely boosts for the anni are STR or PSY. I feel okay about those.

ExVicis

Blackbeard looks so good argggh!

I'm nearly to being able to do three multi-pulls and I'm starting to get weak. Really want Blackbeard. Guys help me resist, how do you guys keep yourselves from pulling.

Kyou

Blackbeard looks so good argggh!

I'm nearly to being able to do three multi-pulls and I'm starting to get weak. Really want Blackbeard. Guys help me resist, how do you guys keep yourselves from pulling.

Blackbeard is likely not going to be boosted in any way during this sugo, wait for the anniversary where he'll probably be boosted on a day!

EMT0

Banned
QCK Up is next, ending on Feb. 7, which should be right around when the anniversary starts. So we just had INT Up, and a DEX Up before that, so I guess the most likely boosts for the anni are STR or PSY. I feel okay about those.

No kidding, I'm just super glad it's not QCK boosted as it'd probably kill me a little to pull a dupe Boa. I was hoping for DEX because I'd absolutely love to pull any of the DEX Legends. Ace, Croc, and Blackbeard would all fulfill my tanky legend wish, while Corazon would let me go to town on forests earlier than I anticipated. My runner up would be INT, as I could see myself being very pleased with every INT Legend. Jinbe and Issho for the tanky Legend dream, INTHawk is amazing utility and a great lead, and Rayleigh is super flexible who I'm fine with as is, but I have high hope he'll be receiving a super evolution in the future.

My boost preference would go DEX > INT > STR > PSY > QCK. STR is decent assuming we get Akainu, most PSY Legends are so-so for me outside of Borsalino who's fantastic. QCK is last for obvious reasons, although I want just about every QCK Legend I don't own. Cabbage and Legend Doffy are easily some of my most wanted units, but pulling a dupe Legend....it's a scary possibility.

ExVicis

Blackbeard is likely not going to be boosted in any way during this sugo, wait for the anniversary where he'll probably be boosted on a day!
It feels so far though!

Aaah no I won't pull. Strong Willpower! I'll save the gems and just wait for Anni for the three pulls. I can do it!

RedBoot

No kidding, I'm just super glad it's not QCK boosted as it'd probably kill me a little to pull a dupe Boa. I was hoping for DEX because I'd absolutely love to pull any of the DEX Legends. Ace, Croc, and Blackbeard would all fulfill my tanky legend wish, while Corazon would let me go to town on forests earlier than I anticipated. My runner up would be INT, as I could see myself being very pleased with every INT Legend. Jinbe and Issho for the tanky Legend dream, INTHawk is amazing utility and a great lead, and Rayleigh is super flexible who I'm fine with as is, but I have high hope he'll be receiving a super evolution in the future.

My boost preference would go DEX > INT > STR > PSY > QCK. STR is decent assuming we get Akainu, most PSY Legends are so-so for me outside of Borsalino who's fantastic. QCK is last for obvious reasons, although I want just about every QCK Legend I don't own. Cabbage and Legend Doffy are easily some of my most wanted units, but pulling a dupe Legend....it's a scary possibility.

I'm not surprised if they try to avoid doing an INT Up during the anniversary, the INT legends are probably the most well-rounded group until Buggy gets added (who I still think is great, just not for the same reasons as the others). PSY actually makes a lot of sense since it's the only group with 5 Legends in Global right now (unless we get Akainu with the anni).

Still, if we use the recent New Years sugo in JPN as a reference, the daily boosts seem to be more prominent than the type boost. Of course, if you have both, that's even better. Pulling specific legends is not an exact science, but this is probably as close as it'll get.

cw_sasuke

I think i finally figured Colo out - it wasnt that difficult but my approach was wrong. I often tried some runs with my G3 teams - and most of the time got somehow cockblocked on the final stage because i couldnt use Golden Pound or another Gimmick.

You really have to look up every Colo encounter, if you dont wanna waste stamina. Also using Golden Pound in the stages before the boss to charge up all skill is a game changer - especially since he will be up for the Boss again most of the time as well...same as taking hits while stalling. Most of us will probably think "Duh..obv." but it took me some time to get into that mindset, since im still used to the regular Fortnight approach.

screenshot_2017-01-19epurn.png
screenshot_2017-01-19cwuv6.png

While i was playing and shifting around squads for the Colo stages i realized a bunch of underappreciated units i own that kinda kickass. For exmaple Leo - quite the kickass sub on a QCK/Enel team, same for Legend Doffy on Enel - really helps pushing out some damage even without max leveled units. 3D2Y Chopper is a beast as well (lol) - i really should have skilled him up - especially on a Tesoro team his healing can be quite helpful, even though i didnt need it here.

Hit Chaos Aliva with everything i had on my first attempt...lol and she still survive with like 10-15% and after that she killed me. I should have paid attention to her Def boost. On my second turn i brought Sugar for Leo - based Sugar now i finally understand her worth. Need to level her up as well since im gonna need her for Colo Cobys boss stage.

I didnt have time to make Coby this time - but i saw a Cesar/Fuji setup that i could run when he is up the next time.

On more depressing news - 6 Evolver Dragon runs for only netted me 1 drop lol. Thats kinda messed up.

Wait they dont boost new Legends units on their first Sugo ?Thats weird - i mean isnt that the reason people pull ? lol

Hana-Bi

Getting more Sengoku books then Monet books. Got rid of all my Sengoku books in the past and might just feed them too. Will probably wait until I didn't get him during the 2nd anni sugo.

And Haruta is always duping crap for me...

RalchAC

Getting more Sengoku books then Monet books. Got rid of all my Sengoku books in the past and might just feed them too. Will probably wait until I didn't get him during the 2nd anni sugo.

And Haruta is always duping crap for me...

Yeah. That's the problem I see with those type of units. And the reason why I find Buggy a bit underwhelming. I can understand Bamco not wanting him to have a really high ATK multiplier, but it'd have been better if it was something like "80-100% chance to duplicate the last stage drop" or something like that.

Top Bottom