• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

ExVicis

zZ58KYT.png

So contrary to my hopes I managed to get myself a Miss Doublefinger Drop. So I now potentially have the F2P team Toadskii mentioned for the Kizaru Raid. I just have figure out the deal with Special CDs and the delay strategies.

RedBoot

Just for reference....how many copies of Kuma have you fed so far ?
I ran Double Enel and stalled enough on Stage 1-2 to be able to use Going Merry or Kaku if stage 3 tried to troll me so this wasnt a issue for my later runs. The green fodder dude is perfect to stall on.

I have him at lv10 with 30 or so copies fed. I was extremely lucky and went 5 for 5 on a feeding last time, so that's why I'm so close (And I paid for that luck with my poor results on Raid Boa farming).

I run a Double Marco team for him, so if I can't avoid a hit on stage 3 I'm in pretty bad shape. Luckily that only happens once every now and then.

PVP in the Line version
I seriously hope this stays where it is right now....

I can't read the text, of course, but the structure looks a little like the PvP tournament setups I've seen in games like Summoner's War and Quiz RPG. Honestly, so long as they don't put exclusive characters in the top 100 rewards or something, it'll be harmless and ignorable.

But it sounds like the LINE version is a little weird and occasionally has the first crack at new systems (Chopperman missions) but also has stuff that isn't in any other version (auto-battle), so there's no guarantee we'll ever see this, particularly if it's poorly received.

Tidd

So I had 5 extra skill books for my Franky and decided to feed them away. Got 1/5. Means I can feed 5 more skill books and got 3/5!!!!. Of course this means I can feed another 15 copies and I did max skill him. First & the most important character done. Can't wait for Kizaru. Once I finish him, my speed farming shooter team is ready!! Just 6 turns for around 2m damage. RIP fortnights without restrictions.

I still need 7 Caesar and 11 Monet books and the Lucci fortnight is starting tonight. :/

@PVP: It always depends on the rewards. As long as it isn't something exclusive or really rare like what KHUX does I'm okay with it. I don't care if a whale would get 10 more gems, 3 free pulls or nothing. I just hope they won't include exclusive characters or ships as a reward.
Furthermore the PVP looks somehow terrible. You can't really plan your specials because it seems like it will be triggered once your character is below 30% HP. And I somehow think that Akainu would destroy everything. lol
Let's hope it stays in line just like the auto-battle function. :p

bjork

Yeah, hopefully we won't get this pvp mode. This looks really bad and boring.

Watching the video, it doesn't look like it would impede your ability to play the rest. I'd have an issue with it if it locked super key content behind it, though. Tbh, it reminds me of some PVP stuff in the two Crows X Worst games, which were optional modes.

In Crows X Worst V, it would pit your team against another player's team, and a win would net you points. If you got enough points to clear rank 50, you'd get a version of Bouya that was exclusive to that mode. But you could chug away on lesser teams if you wanted to, and still get him.

In Crows X Worst Dynamite, there are 8v8 fights that are automated and determined by your team builds, and then there's a weird barrel smashing game that also depends on teams of 8. In both cases, you get points to clear tiers and unlock characters (they might be exclusive to these events but I'm not sure) and then being within certain scoreboard ranks would give you summon tickets and money.

Neither are perfect, but they use a secondary stamina bar, so if OPTC had something like that where it was a way to play more once your stamina was gone, that's a-ok by me.

Rixa

GAFers are so friendly as always.
Got the uber starting account and now Iam downloading stuff and then my journey starts. Its 21:15 here so I can play few hours before sleeping \o/.

bobohoro

20 more Kumas. Hoping that'll finish him, I'd like to be done with this raid. It's generally not that bad, except for the occasional run where the game decides you really didn't need that 60 stamina and gives everyone on the 3rd wave 1-turn cooldowns.

Halloween Zoro was the solution to make the raid 100% reliable for me. Just stall for his special on the first two waves and if you get bad CDs, use it. Since I have to stall a few turns for Enel anway, might as well do it on the first 2 waves.

Add another one that dislikes the idea of a PvP mode to the list.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I have him at lv10 with 30 or so copies fed. I was extremely lucky and went 5 for 5 on a feeding last time, so that's why I'm so close (And I paid for that luck with my poor results on Raid Boa farming).

I run a Double Marco team for him, so if I can't avoid a hit on stage 3 I'm in pretty bad shape. Luckily that only happens once every now and then.

10/30 ? Damn you really got lucky there...i will be happy if i get as much from my 50. What sockets did you chose for him ?
GAFers are so friendly as always.
Got the uber starting account and now Iam downloading stuff and then my journey starts. Its 21:15 here so I can play few hours before sleeping \o/.

Very nice !!

Dont forget to add yourself to this GAF Friendlist. Quote 4 Reveal.

Have Fun !!

RedBoot

10/30 ? Damn you really got lucky there...i will be happy if i get as much from my 50. What sockets did you chose for him ?

Bind/Despair/Cooldown. I have Legend Croc, so that made it pretty easy to decide which sockets to use. He's only 2/2/2 on those though, I might skill-max him before I finish his sockets. Once we get the skill-up rate boost, that might become a more common issue, especially with the 60 stamina raid bosses.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Maxed SW Franky via Yolo feed. I have the 5 books per skill up quota now on Caesar and Monet, so extra copies will be going to yolofeeding.

Bind/Despair/Cooldown. I have Legend Croc, so that made it pretty e
asy to decide which sockets to use. He's only 2/2/2 on those though, I might skill-max him before I finish his sockets. Once we get the skill-up rate boost, that might become a more common issue, especially with the 60 stamina raid bosses.

I actually ended up going bind despair and autoheal on him despite having Croc. I'll be using him on 3d2y sanji teams too, so I wanted the max autoheal. Same with legend Doffy just because he fits on so many teams. I can always make another Kuna if I need to.

Kyou

whoops I'm an idiot, let me stamina build up because I thought it was a regular CYO turtle time

guess I'll try to stay near topped off and finish the new story island tonight

EMT0

Banned
You guys have made some crazy progress, were you guys gemming? I've been dropping all my natural stamina on the Whitebeard Pirates FN since its release and only have about 15 or so SW Franky books to show for it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You guys have made some crazy progress, were you guys gemming? I've been dropping all my natural stamina on the Whitebeard Pirates FN since its release and only have about 15 or so SW Franky books to show for it.

I've just been doing Baccarat/Rayleigh runs with natural stamina and have been getting decent dupes.

bobohoro

I think I got about 30 SW Franky books in total and didn't even run the FN half the time during the week, since I finished up 2 story islands, colo Alvida and did a day of Kuma farming, all on natural stamina. Drop rate on that thing was pretty great for me.

Sadly only got one skill-up in total out of those 30 books, sooooo.

Also easily got to my limit of 15 Monet/Ceasar books, even fed a few for exp/box space already. I even have 8 Sengoku books saved up. Both WB FNs were pretty good in terms of books to me, sad that I only have SW Franky/Brook from all the characters.

RR30

I have even less than that... I plan on gemming this weekend depending on how many gems I have after a multi during the sugo.

Rixa

Very nice !!

Dont forget to add yourself to this GAF Friendlist.
Have Fun !!

Added myself to that list.
I didn't add any captain info to there (wasn't sure what to do). I think Cavendish (pic) will be my captain for a long time.

Grabbed that beginners packet for cheaper Gems and seems I got one turtle + one newbie summon for "free" from small list (see pics). Bought some box space, now at 135, need to get it higher. Time to save gems for Anni.

Screenshot_20170125-082743.png
Screenshot_20170125-082224.png
Screenshot_20170124-221248.png

Shall I try to add other Gafers to friends or is everyone full.
If I remember right few years a go FList used to be small (even at higher levels) have they changed it at all?

EMT0

Banned
Added myself to that list.
I didn't add any captain info to there (wasn't sure what to do). I think Cavendish (pic) will be my captain for a long time.

Grabbed that beginners packet for cheaper Gems and seems I got one turtle + one newbie summon for "free" from small list (see pics). Bought some box space, now at 135, need to get it higher. Time to save gems for Anni.

If I remember right few years a go FList used to be small (even at higher levels) have they changed it at all?

Feel free to add any of us, most of us should have space to help newer accounts; I know I do.

Kyou

the friendslists arent that small

and you might as well go through and try to add anyone. I always try to keep space open and add anyone that adds me through ID search

Rixa

Feel free to add any of us, most of us should have space to help newer accounts; I know I do.

the friendslists arent that small

and you might as well go through and try to add anyone. I always try to keep space open and add anyone that adds me through ID search

Okey, tossed some invites. I need to get more levels to add more people from GAF.

Hana-Bi

Lol, this Boa is rather bad too. And rip to all of us who maxed her rcv. Since I have a dupe Boa I might just keep the dupe and evolve her. Though I need to max two Boas now (both at skill level 1).

Jayhawk

Lol, this Boa is rather bad too. And rip to all of us who maxed her rcv. Since I have a dupe Boa I might just keep the dupe and evolve her. Though I need to max two Boas now (both at skill level 1).

I also have two dupe Hancocks. RIP my +200 candy Hancock. Her new special works with the Leopard Lucci special for full QCK orbs at least. Something I was worried about on a QCK Marco or Kuzan team.

Tidd

RIP my 44 RCV cotton candy ;___;
If you don't have legend doffy you can get matching orbs with her and QCK Lucci.

Edit: I should read other posts... It's early :p

It's like they fully committed her to being a dual type captain which is a little unfortunate leading to a jack of all trades, master of none type situation. Unless there's a coliseum that has a INT and a STR boss, I can't see her being much more useful as a captain. Marco is still the better QCK lead and Enel is the better booster for 2x. She does give you the option of having a 2nd turn of burst but the ideal Marco team already does 5 mil damage on the initial burst so unless there are specific situations like a revive, I'm not sure how much more use she'll be.

Her new special works with the Leopard Lucci special for full QCK orbs at least. Something I was worried about on a QCK Marco or Kuzan team.

Not exactly. You still need to get a meat orb on your captain somehow for her special to convert the left column to matching orbs. You could feasibly do that with Heracles'n but you wouldn't be running him on a QCK team. Now if you somehow did get a meat orb on your captain without Heracles'n and use her special along with QCK Lucci, you'll still only have 5 matching orbs.

Edit: Someone mistranslated her special. The matching orbs isn't conditional to having a meat orb in the captains slot. She gives your captain a meat orb and gives the left column matching orbs with her special. Using Lucci however still only guarantees 5 orbs on a QCK team.

Hana-Bi

I also have two dupe Hancocks. RIP my +200 candy Hancock. Her new special works with the Leopard Lucci special for full QCK orbs at least. Something I was worried about on a QCK Marco or Kuzan team.

Well, I think Boa is still a great sub. I'll keep her unevolved and will evolve my dupe Boa. :)

Really glad that we didn't get Ray shop until now. I'd be really pissed to sell Boa and then find out we'll get a totally different 6+* Boa.

Okay so Looking at Boa a bit & interpreting her abilities; she kinda feels like an Enel & Shanks hybrid.

The way her captain ability is formulated it sounds like:

1. Her damage gradually decreases rather than a hard limit, like Shanks.

2. crew recovery gets a boost below a certain point. (probably 75%?)

Now if I look at her base stats, assuming she'll have the same growth as Mansherry; She'll cap out near 600 rcv, highest in the game.

This means that two boas at 100% health without any crewmates would already heal 1200hp from a single meat, right?

If you include the fact that boa teams will have high recovery, she'll get a recovery boost from her captain ability & her special gives a 1.75 boost to recovery it kinda seems like in a general sense she might be a less reliable but significantly better healer than an Enel captain. (as long as you get meat orbs)

The meat orb for her special feels like such a weird addition. You wouldn't want to use it to heal because when you use her special you'll presumably be using it on a burst turn. Not only that, since your damage is dependent on your health (as is the orb manipulation part of the special), you wouldn't want to burst unless you're fully healed anyway.

The only way I can see her having any redemption would be if her captain boost was greater than 2.75x.

bjork

Don't new story islands usually begin on Tuesday night? Got home from work and was ready to clear it, only to find it isn't open yet. Huh.

I'll save my dupe Boa until I see how people utilize the 6+ version.

Jayhawk

The meat orb for her special feels like such a weird addition. You wouldn't want to use it to heal because when you use her special you'll presumably be using it on a burst turn. Not only that, since your damage is dependent on your health (as is the orb manipulation part of the special), you wouldn't want to burst unless you're fully healed anyway.

The only way I can see her having any redemption would be if her captain boost was greater than 2.75x.

Maybe her captain boost is 3.25x this time! Her special would also work to get some matching orbs on hybrid QCK+PSY teams that have PSY units like Sabo, Law, or whoever.

bobohoro

New Boa seems kinda underwhelming after the other awesome super evolutions.
Especially since her special loses the heal.
On the other hand, double Boa with active will probably heal for 4k+ per meat. But also bursts the same turn. It's really kinda weird.

Will take a break from WB FN to run Lucci until I have around 10 Marco books. Would need Kaku copies as well, but no box space for him and drop rate stinks anyway.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Planning ahead for the kizaru raid and, going by the reddit thread, I don't think I have a team capable of beating him. I might have to MacGuyver a team together to get my one copy for now.

EMT0

Banned
The new Boa is....okay? I'm waiting on the Captain Ability to pass a final judgement here, the hope being that her captain ability is buffed to the point where she's the best QCK lead in the game much like Akainu is STR God. My hope is that QCK teams (eventually) end up looking something like this:

Code:
6+ Boa        - 6+ Boa
Legend Marco  - Story Lucci

[*]           - Kizaru

With * being some future unreleased unit that is

A) A Fighter or Shooter and
B) An orb locker + conditional or affinity booster

Because then we'd have a super optimal QCK speedrunning team.

Kyou

6+ Boa seems like unquestionably the better captain but the worse sub. I think regular Boa is definitely the better (rainbow) sub

RalchAC

The new Boa is....okay? I'm waiting on the Captain Ability to pass a final judgement here, the hope being that her captain ability is buffed to the point where she's the best QCK lead in the game much like Akainu is STR God. My hope is that QCK teams (eventually) end up looking something like this:

Code:
6+ Boa        - 6+ Boa

[*]           - Kizaru

Biggest problem with Boa, is that you can't make something like:

Marco / Boa
Lucci / Leo
Enel / Kizaru

And have 2 turns of full burst. You need to use Enel in Turn 1 so you can be healed by Marco. But you need to use Boa in turn 1 for the most efective orb manipulation.

EMT0

Banned
Biggest problem with Boa, is that you can't make something like:

Marco / Boa
Lucci / Leo
Enel / Kizaru

And have 2 turns of full burst. You need to use Enel in Turn 1 so you can be healed by Marco. But you need to use Boa in turn 1 for the most efective orb manipulation.

Yup, I ran into a similar problem. There's simply not an optimal team composition for either full matching orbs or maximum color boosting using Enel, which is why I opted for Double Boa captain and a speedrun-centric team.

Kyou

Boa+ is just such a gigantic shrug that it bums me out and makes me really worried for future 6+s

She was a jack of all trades master of none and they made her master of none-ier

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm reserving judgment on Boa until we get the full details of the multipliers, but it does seem like a hugely wasted opportunity to me. I feel like they didn't future proof her enough and were too reserved with the boosts she gives.

Code:
6+ Boa        - 6+ Boa

[*]           - Kizaru

You don't need to really wait for fighter or or shooter. Since Legend Marco had a max cooldown of 18, you're going to need to stall 15 turns anyway assuming max CD sockets, so Kizaru CD reduction really isn't a big deal.

You can toss Monet or Tashigi on there right now.

As I don't have legend Marco, I'd be looking at running something like this:

Boa/Boa
Legend Doflamingo/PSY Marco
Monet/Raid Kizaru

Guaranteed full heal and full board of orbs except my own Boa captain. Over 3.5 million to all except DEX, and then a healthy 1.5+ million to all except DEX on turn 2.

This is all assuming a 3x multiplier, which who knows. That'S what she needs at least.

ExVicis

Planning ahead for the kizaru raid and, going by the reddit thread, I don't think I have a team capable of beating him. I might have to MacGuyver a team together to get my one copy for now.
I barely have a team seemingly capable of beating the Kizaru raid. From reading up on the team and the strats I have to make sure I get all perfects the entire way through or it might not work.

Top Bottom