• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Kakaroach

I did 4 30s in a row yesterday where Lucci dropped nothing. Pretty irritating.

I am going to finish up my Lucci with socket books. It's a waste when I still have another legend or two to socket, but I hate that fortnight.

I'll aim for 5 skillups the first time he's here. 20 w/ level 2 CD sockets should be enough for him. I haven't even used Lucci since I got him tbh. Need to play with the team builder some more.

It truly is quite exceptionally poor. Ran it around 10 times, 95% of the drops were total trash. Although I need both Kaku/Lucci and Marco books, I think I'm gonna run WB FN for the rest of the week.
I'm glad I'm not the only one really struggling. They said they would fix this fortnight too? Just adding the porcs wasn't enough. With Lucci books being announced too I feel like have to farm. Even after taking 3 days off this is still a chore haha.

As for Blackbeard sugo, not a single pull for me. Looking to have 3 multis for the anniversary.

RR30

I'm starting to sell and feed anything that's under 18 turns at skill level 1. My biggest problem is that I don't have most of those units due to 2nd Anniversary gem hoarding. I may feed my Apoo dupes / books too, since mine is already at 17 CD which is ok.

I have about 50 combined Monet and Caesar books. I'll sell them if I don't pull them tomorrow during Sugo.

bjork

So even though I checked out the JP version awhile back, I looked at Thousand Storm today. I feel like the art is off somehow, the thicker lines bother me, and I don't care so much for the 3D models or the gameplay. So if I were going to play an OP game not called Treasure Cruise, it would probably be Dance Battle.

I did the Lucci FN a few times then thought "fuck this". No thanks.

Yeah, but when you have a 6* Lucci that needs sockets, it's really the best option. Even if it is painful as hell. I think I might just run 15s in hopes of getting more drops overall.

Tidd

So far Lucci has a 50% drop rate for me. Can't really complain. The fortnight is just that bad because outside of Lucci there's nothing else if your Zoro and Marco are maxed.

bjork

So far Lucci has a 50% drop rate for me. Can't really complain. The fortnight is just that bad because outside of Lucci there's nothing else if your Zoro and Marco are maxed.

I luckily slacked for every FN featuring that Zoro and Marco, so I could really benefit. But my QCK Ace is done and so is Gin...

Majukun

Is Aokiji the standout from the new island?
it's the only unique one, since it's the only slasher orb locker of the entire game, even in Japan.
kizaru is unique as a shooter for what it does, but raid kuma does what he does but better and with orb boost, despite not being a shooter,... akainu is a straight 1.5 driver booster, but there's shiki that it's just better

bjork

Just finished the story island. My one drop was a red Pacifista, which I already have two of. So now I have three. Yay?

Tidd

I hate it when the unit you want the most has some CC on it. You know immediately that you didn't get it.
I guess wih that introduction I spoiled that I pulled a legend. The legend even had the right type. It is a DEX and no it's not my 4th SW Ace.... Okay I'm done with teasing. :p

deUBZ97l.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have Robin. ;___;
Also got Laffitte and Blue Gilly as new units.

RedBoot

One pull: Sentomaru. Hey, I'll take it. Too bad we don't have sailor abilities yet.

Kizaru raid: Not feeling too great about stalling reliability after my first 60stam run, as it turns out the Pacifistas don't always start with 3cd. My Kuma's cd is still a bit high. Of course, I have the needed copies to get him within safe distance, but I've got to wait for the next skill-up.

Anyway, barring that, the Croc team with Kalifa instead of Legend Doffy works fine, though it looks like even at max levels you can't KO him on his first revival turn. He's at 2cd so it's not a big deal, but you have to do the next turn blinded. :/

Might try to get a handful of copies this time, but I think my money's better spent after I get Kuma a few more skill levels.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Croc team seems speedy and reliable for Kizaru. I don't even need to really stall at all.

Anyway, barring that, the Croc team with Kalifa instead of Legend Doffy works fine, though it looks like even at max levels you can't KO him on his first revival turn. He's at 2cd so it's not a big deal, but you have to do the next turn blinded. :/

Might try to get a handful of copies this time, but I think my money's better spent after I get Kuma a few more skill levels.

You can wait out his Type damage limiter after revive by using Kalifa. I just attacked with Kuma to burn turns, and used Croc's special on the third turn after revive. That way, you'll do plenty of damage even blinded. I missed completely once and still killed him.

RedBoot

Japan News: Legend Hody incoming (which means we'll probably get RRs of Zoidberg and the rest of his crew). Also, General Franky clears most debuffs and is a rainbow/multi-team captain.

You can wait out his Type damage limiter after revive by using Kalifa. I just attacked with Kuma to burn turns, and used Croc's special on the third turn after revive. That way, you'll do plenty of damage even blinded. I missed completely once and still killed him.

I've been using Kalifa to tank the initial 7700 hit, but that's mostly because I have to stall so much leading up to him. I'll see if I can figure out a better method. Either way, I suspect this will be a lot easier when I max Kuma.

Tidd

And got my first Kizaru copy. Will aim for around 20-30 today and then another 20-30 the next time he returns.
The SW Ace team with Izo works pretty well. First round I messed up because for some reason I had every character in the wrong team slot. <.<

Crocgratulations!

Thanks. :D
I need 3 characters now. Legend Doffy, 3D2Y Zoro and Robin. Please Bandai boost all units on the same day. ;__;
Or just Akainu then I don't need anyone else

RedBoot

And got my first Kizaru copy. Will aim for around 20-30 today and then another 20-30 the next time he returns.

I do kind of like that he's coming back so soon, I don't feel like I have to go all-out tonight/tomorrow. Not sure how many copies I can store, though, since there's no skill-up in sight. Especially considering that the Save Ace event is coming.

(Bandai, if you want to increase box space and get me to drop a few real bucks on gems, now's the time)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've been using Kalifa to tank the initial 7700 hit, but that's mostly because I have to stall so much leading up to him. I'll see if I can figure out a better method. Either way, I suspect this will be a lot easier when I max Kuma.

Ah, ok. Yeah, lower Kuma CD will definitely be a huge help down the road.

Rixa

Shiryu or bust

I still don't know. First I wanted to pull, but this sugo is really bad when it comes to multis (no guaranteed boosted unit as the +1 sucks). Sure Shiryu is amazing and the batch also but we might get the anni sugo soon (that's my problem now: we are getting the burning Moby Dick ship so are we getting the anni event at the same time? So the whole event might come weeks or months later...)

I have 25% chance rule the world o/.

10+1, typing mobile:
RotSS Apoo 5*
RZoro 4*
Bellemere 4*
Ideo 5*
MissVal. 4*
Killer 4*
Mr.2 4*
Squard 4*
Doc Q 4•
Shiryu 4*
Mr.3 3*

Anything noteworthy putside of Shiryu?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

10+1, typing mobile:
RotSS Apoo 5*
RZoro 4*
Bellemere 4*
Ideo 5*
MissVal. 4*
Killer 4*
Mr.2 4*
Squard 4*
Doc Q 4&#8226;
Shiryu 4*
Mr.3 3*

Apoo, Doc Q, and Killer are ok. Ideo and Squard are great pulls.

Any new unit is a win and worth keeping, though, since you just started. Your other useful pulls like Mr. 3 and Bon Clay are also story mode recruitables, which doesn't mean they're bad. It saves you having to farm them. Most of them will see their uses in the future, with the exception of maybe Miss Valentine and Bellemere.

Double SW Ace + Izo + SW Franky + Zephyr + Heracles = ded kizaru.

Word to the wise, try to bring a dex orb into the boss fight. In one run I got bad orbs on the first turn against Kizaru and when I went to burst him on the 2nd turn he lived with what could hardly even be called a pixel of health despite the fact that I flawlessed the combo.

EMT0

Banned

10+1, typing mobile:
RotSS Apoo 5*
RZoro 4*
Bellemere 4*
Ideo 5*
MissVal. 4*
Killer 4*
Mr.2 4*
Squard 4*
Doc Q 4•
Shiryu 4*
Mr.3 3*

Some very solid pulls, actually. Apoo when combined with Rare Recruit(RR) Law is equivalent to a full board of DEX orbs. Ideo is a class booster for shooters and fighters, so I imagine you'll have some use for him when you begin to diversify your teams out. Killer is a very weird captain but he can clear some content and is otherwise a high attack beatstick, while Mr. 2 is an orb manipulator for PSY that combos well with the raid Garp unit. Squard is a very good unit, as he acts as a powerful orb booster for PSY, Powerhouse, and Striker classes. Doc Q is actually going to go very well on a Slasher team where Cavendish isn't your captain/is a sub, since he's an orb manipulator for slashers. Finally, Mr. 3 is a delayer for Cerebral/Slasher/INT and he sees a lot of use in early game content; IIRC, he's a key member of the Mihawk slasher team for clearing the Mihawk forest.

bjork

Woke up about 30 minutes ago, had enough for 4 pulls on my alternate account:
Ms Valentine
Pell
base V2 Sanji
Shiryu

So I thought, let's throw a multi on my main now
Ms Valentine
Base Sanji
Base Usopp
Base Nami
DJ Sanji
Base Lafitte
Base Burgess
Evolved Baby 5
Base Hawkins
Evolved Jozu
Base Doma

If I were brand new, that would be an okay batch. Not gonna go in any deeper, though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Did 4 Single pulls hoping for any Blackbeard unit....didnt get any of them BUT.....

Damn - thats my 3rd Legend in a Row from those Sugofests.
Lucci in November, which got me to comeback. Doffy in December and now Ace in January.

The game is really trying to compensate for the bad Legend luck i had all the months before.
Okay I'm done with teasing. :p

deUBZ97l.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have Robin. ;___;
Also got Laffitte and Blue Gilly as new units.

Pretty awesome pulls, congrats !!
Hope you get Robin during the Anni pulls.
Sugo eh? Alright I have 5 extra let's do one pull...probably get nothing anyway...

...oh...okay...I guess I have build that PSY Team I've been wanting to make.

Talk about luck - Yolo Legend pull. Sweet.

Rixa

^^ Grats to all who managed to get something nice.

Apoo, Doc Q, and Killer are ok. Ideo and Squard are great pulls.

Any new unit is a win and worth keeping, though, since you just started. Your other useful pulls like Mr. 3 and Bon Clay are also story mode recruitables, which doesn't mean they're bad. It saves you having to farm them. Most of them will see their uses in the future, with the exception of maybe Miss Valentine and Bellemere.

Some very solid pulls, actually. Apoo when combined with Rare Recruit(RR) Law is equivalent to a full board of DEX orbs. Ideo is a class booster for shooters and fighters, so I imagine you'll have some use for him when you begin to diversify your teams out. Killer is a very weird captain but he can clear some content and is otherwise a high attack beatstick, while Mr. 2 is an orb manipulator for PSY that combos well with the raid Garp unit. Squard is a very good unit, as he acts as a powerful orb booster for PSY, Powerhouse, and Striker classes. Doc Q is actually going to go very well on a Slasher team where Cavendish isn't your captain/is a sub, since he's an orb manipulator for slashers. Finally, Mr. 3 is a delayer for Cerebral/Slasher/INT and he sees a lot of use in early game content; IIRC, he's a key member of the Mihawk slasher team for clearing the Mihawk forest.

Thanks, opens more possibilities to me in the future. Now to save games for the Anni or to next Sugofest (and see what it has to offer) which ever comes first.

Out of curiosity earlier today I tried 40 sta raid (didn't have time to burn sta anyways) to see what kinda of thing it is. Got to 3/5 stage where I lost :D. Not a big surprise since I was expecting to die at some stage anyways. Raid time comes later.

Inthawk
Raidhawk
3D2Y Zoro
Doffy
Buster Call Onigumo
Izo

There's a ton of wiggle room since he's entirely turn based. Yours could work since it's easy to tank 2 hits of his.
I modified my team to Raid/Int after reading your post and proceeded to wreck Kizaru 60:

- Stall as much as possible without taking damage, other than the Turtle and Lobster on Stage 2.
- If IntHawk is not maxed, then take a hit from one of the Pacifista leaving the team just above the HP threshold to survive Kizaru's attack.
- Turn 1: Deal as much damage as possible from normal attacks (usually ~400-600).
- Turn 2: Use all specials but IntHawk and Burst him down.
- Turn 3: IntHawk and Win.

I've missed on the second hit of my Burst while also hitting a great on the last one and still beat him. ^_^ Wiggle Room indeed!

EMT0

Banned
To add insult to injury, Lucci can also drop nothing. I'm 8 dry, and the last 5 copies I had only gave me 1 Bind socket. Man, fuck this shit >>

bjork

So I ran Kizaru thinking "I'll do an HP reducer team and take him out quick" and completely forgot about the revive he has. Got killed 3x, but I got my one copy.

Had 25 gems left, so I just said forget it and threw pulls.
Base Mr 2
Evolved Pell
Base Koala
Basa Chaka
and I'm like "watch this last one be a Kaya" and

oooh, neato

cw_sasuke

Thanks, opens more possibilities to me in the future. Now to save games for the Anni or to next Sugofest (and see what it has to offer) which ever comes first.

Out of curiosity earlier today I tried 40 sta raid (didn't have time to burn sta anyways) to see what kinda of thing it is. Got to 3/5 stage where I lost :D. Not a big surprise since I was expecting to die at some stage anyways. Raid time comes later.

Yeah Raids are a thing for later - especially new ones like Kizaru...even invested players will need Top Team to clear that. You should focus on the must have raids first - def. have a team ready for Mihawk, he is still one of the most important units in this game. Farm and max him asap - make sure you have a team ready for him. After that look if you can somehow get a team going for Raid Doflamingo - but this will take a bit longer since his Raid is alot tougher than Mihawk.

Also you got Shiryu...so you HAVE to run a Slasher team now lol.
To add insult to injury, Lucci can also drop nothing. I'm 8 dry, and the last 5 copies I had only gave me 1 Bind socket. Man, fuck this shit >>

...yeah its the worst....so many runs to get 5 copies of Lucci...and then 0/5 on useful Sockets. Brutal...

Kyou

okay Kizaru is super easy with my slasher team

Mihawk, Doffy, Law, 3D2Y Zoro, Apoo and friend Inthawk

now I just want the last Pacifista I dont have in my Piratedex to drop...

Hana-Bi

Lol, these sugos are crazy. Getting another two dupe legends (third Boa/second Shanks). Out of 4 multis obly two from the new batch. At least I got Shiryu.

But damn, 6 out of my last 7 pulled legends were dupes. And I "only" got 9 legends... The anni will be brutal too...

Got Kizaru to drop from 40 stamina, which is fortunate cause 60 stamina's not gonna happen for me.

Switching devices a second time after getting a new tablet has put my perfect timing basically back to starter levels. /:

Tidd

Damn - thats my 3rd Legend in a Row from those Sugofests.
Lucci in November, which got me to comeback. Doffy in December and now Ace in January.

The game is really trying to compensate for the bad Legend luck i had all the months before.

Nice! SW Ace is still my most used legend so far. I hope you farmed Zephyr when he was here. Otherwise I have some bad news for you regarding late game content. :(
Do you have SW Franky? If yes try to max him. The current Whitebeard fortnight has his books. Also farm Kizaru and colosseum Apoo if you can. With 2x SW Ace/Heracles/SW Franky/Apoo/Kizaru you can get a 2million burst team within 6-7 turns. Perfect for every fortnight without restrictions.

Switching devices a second time after getting a new tablet has put my perfect timing basically back to starter levels. /:

Time to hit the training forest. :p

Lol, these sugos are crazy. Getting another two dupe legends (third Boa/second Shanks). Out of 4 multis obly two from the new batch. At least I got Shiryu.

But damn, 6 out of my last 7 pulled legends were dupes. And I "only" got 9 legends... The anni will be brutal too...

Damn, all the hype for a red poster and then this. :/ Sacrifice one dupe legend to God Coby before the anniversary to prevent more dupes! I swear this works...
maybe

I think this might make some people mad but I can't not post it. I did my customary one time pull and got Legend Lucci!

And now you need to invest 100 gems to socket him and farm his books. I doubt that people will get mad about it. Still congrats. :D

Also, General Franky clears most debuffs and is a rainbow/multi-team captain.

Can't wait for 6+ SW Shanks who clears all defensive buffs!

Time to hit the training forest. :p

I usually just focus on the easier fortnights that allow me to just rush through & the start-game raids that have lots of room for error.

Up until the end of whitebeard pirates part 1 I had so much obligatory content to focus on in terms of books & sockets & other nonsense, I finally have some room to relax in this game.

Rixa

Today was pulling day (FFBE pulls sucked, so did FFRK) :D
So as a revenge I did another 10+1. Got few more of Blackbeard Pirates and one version of Usopp I can't find info.

I think this pull was not so good than first one, but its ok.

- Nojiko 3*
- IceBurg 3*
- Usopp 3*
- Sugar 4*
- Jabra 4*
- MValentine 4* (dupe)
- In the Wake of an Endless Dream - Usopp, unit nr 5003, 4*
- ^^ Got same Usopp as dupe 4*
- Lafitte 4*
- Burgess 4*
- Don Sai 5*

--

* Got Usopp to Golden Pound
* Evolved Burgess to Jesus (since he was max lvl)
* Have stuff to evolve Cavendish 6*, but no cost, no max level, no extra turtles (after getting Cavendish to higher levels). Going to wait and see if I get more Turtles, could use 2x SS while power upping.

What the heck is ItWoaED Usopp?

No more pulls for me during this Sugo.

cw_sasuke

Nice! SW Ace is still my most used legend so far. I hope you farmed Zephyr when he was here. Otherwise I have some bad news for you regarding late game content. :(
Do you have SW Franky? If yes try to max him. The current Whitebeard fortnight has his books. Also farm Kizaru and colosseum Apoo if you can. With 2x SW Ace/Heracles/SW Franky/Apoo/Kizaru you can get a 2million burst team within 6-7 turns. Perfect for every fortnight without restrictions.

Thanks man !!
Yeah i farmed and maxed Zephyr he was up for the last time shortly after i started playing again lol - just for the small chance that i would pull Ace down the line i farmed him. Weirdly enough i also have Aces ship maxed, since it the only other Island after Mihawks Forest i was able to beat...now it alle makes sense.

Sadly i dont have Franky, but guess ill hold on to his skillbooks if i manage to pull him down the line. Guess i will have to look into Apoo and Kizaru down the line. Right now i only have:

Ace, Zephy, Heracles (needs like 3-4 more skillups), Golden Pound.

These will probably my main units for now. I also have the following Shooter : Izo(Dex), Perona, Raid Blackbeard (max skill/socket), Duval(not skilled at all), Hallowen Franky, Baby 5, Buffalo, Ideo...

Ideo seems good but he isnt skilled and i still need to evolve him.

More importantly - can i use Tomes on Ace once he is evolved ? This would free up some space in my box and i dont think he has a Fortnight or Raid unit.

I was thinking of pulling more for Van Augr..but many only 2 out of 40 were Blackbeard units ? Thats just nuts.
So I ran Kizaru thinking "I'll do an HP reducer team and take him out quick" and completely forgot about the revive he has. Got killed 3x, but I got my one copy.

oooh, neato
2 new Kizaru unit on one day - not bad, not bad at all.

bjork

More importantly - can i use Tomes on Ace once he is evolved ? This would free up some space in my box and i dont think he has a Fortnight or Raid unit.

He has a colosseum version, but I've thrown books to SW Ace with no regrets. Didn't get the sockets I necessarily wanted, but that's ok. I want to say that colo version was a real hassle, but I could be misremembering.

Good eye on the max level thing, I didn't even notice. Evolved Burgess and Lafitte.

That Usopp is the rereleased version of Log Usopp, they had to redraw the art for the Log characters due to some kind of rights issue. Same exact character as the old one stats and specials-wise, though. His special is great and arguably more useful than Golden Pound in some cases, if were ever get skillbooks for it (it maxes at 10 like GPU's)

Dandte

Today was pulling day (FFBE pulls sucked, so did FFRK) :D
So as a revenge I did another 10+1. Got few more of Blackbeard Pirates and one version of Usopp I can't find info.

I think this pull was not so good than first one, but its ok.

- Nojiko 3*
- IceBurg 3*
- Usopp 3*
- Sugar 4*
- Jabra 4*
- MValentine 4* (dupe)
- In the Wake of an Endless Dream - Usopp, unit nr 5003, 4*
- ^^ Got same Usopp as dupe 4*
- Lafitte 4*
- Burgess 4*
- Don Sai 5*

--

* Got Usopp to Golden Pound
* Have stuff to evolve Cavendish 6*, but no cost, no max level, no extra turtles (after getting Cavendish to higher levels). Going to wait and see if I get more Turtles, could use 2x SS while power upping.

No more pulls for me during this Sugo.

Damn beaten by bjork haha.

Great pulls. Usopp and don sai are both top notch units!

Top Bottom