• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

EMT0

Banned
I barely have a team seemingly capable of beating the Kizaru raid. From reading up on the team and the strats I have to make sure I get all perfects the entire way through or it might not work.

I'm in the same boat. I don't like those kind of raids :/

ExVicis

I'm in the same boat. I don't like those kind of raids :/
It's really frustrating because out of all the Admirals, Kizaru is my favorite and would fit a role that no one on my roster currently fills. So I'm going to try my best with the team I got to finish the raid but man I'm anxious about it.

Would really suck if I agonize and work to get Kizaru in this raid and in the Anni I get Legend Kizaru.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I guess I'll have to double-check raid Kizaru but I thought they both improved orb effects and helped shooters.

Legend Kizaru special is full board orb matching and heal for slashers and shooters. He's an all type booster captain in tandem with his special.

Raid Kizaru special is self orb matching, CD reduction, and chain multiplier for fighters and shooters. He is a shooter captain with CD reduction.

Also different Types of QCK vs. PSY.

I don't think there's really a scenario where a legend version straight up replaces a raid version, and raid boss characters are all extremely strong in their own right. You'd want both versions. This goes for Aokiji, Mihawk, Doflamingo, Akainu, Hancock, etc. Maybe arguably as captains, but that's only one component to the character.

ExVicis

Legend Kizaru special is full board orb matching and heal for slashers and shooters. He's an all type booster captain in tandem with his special.

Raid Kizaru special is self orb matching, CD reduction, and chain multiplier for fighters and shooters. He is a shooter captain with CD reduction.

Also different Types of QCK vs. PSY.

I don't think there's really a scenario where a legend version straight up replaces a raid version, and raid boss characters are all extremely strong in their own right. You'd want both versions. This goes for Aokiji, Mihawk, Doflamingo, Akainu, Hancock, etc. Maybe arguably as captains, but that's only one component to the character.
Ah okay, yeah I was aware of the differences between Raid Doffy and Legend Doffy but I thought both Kizarus had very similar roles. Well nice to know if I get both that Legend Kizaru won't make Raid Kizaru obsolete.

MiTYH

Oh boy, lots of new stuff coming. New story should keep me busy tomorrow, then new raid, and back to alvida farming on the weekend. I think I can take the raid with the F2P slashers, we'll see how it goes.

Was busy today so most of my time just went to WB Part2. Should invest some time to get lucci sockets, but my WB crew is lacking a lot more slots. Decisions...

Tidd

BEPO FORTNIGHT AND LUCCI BOOKS!!!

AND THE SAVE ACE EVENT STARTING FEBRUARY 6!!! HYPE!!!

Edit:So it seems like we won't get our 2nd anniversary in the next two weeks. This also means that that we could see a Akainu sugofest in the next two weeks and there could be something else for the anniversary. (maybe Buggy maybe TS Zoro who knows)

I can't be convinced the LINE version is a real thing. It seems like some sort of social experiment.

Also, RIP Banquet fortnights. The drops are kinda garbage apart from story Robin books and Boa and Sabo books. Oh and Jimbe and Croc sockets but they're somewhat replaceable.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
BEPO FORTNIGHT AND LUCCI BOOKS!!!

AND THE SAVE ACE EVENT STARTING FEBRUARY 6!!! HYPE!!!

Edit:So it seems like we won't get our 2nd anniversary in the next two weeks. This also means that that we could see a Akainu sugofest in the next two weeks and there could be something else for the anniversary. (maybe Buggy maybe TS Zoro who knows)

Okay this is getting silly. That event has so many books I need to farm. I need 300 more inventory spaces.

RedBoot

Hey, I got John Giant to drop on the first run! You know, the guy with a worse special than the fodder giants! :/

Not a fan of 6+ Boa, but everything to be said has already been said. Going to keep mine as-is unless I ever get a dupe.

Looks like I'll be farming the Aokiji stage the most during Save Ace, it drops Sengoku and Boa books.

Not a fan of Bepo fortnight being next, though I guess they wanted to complete the cycle of fortnights with the QCK-only one. I guess the Kimono FNs will be after that? Even though we're well past New Year's and Chinese New Year's. Nightmare Luffy missed Halloween as well. Bandai don't care 'bout holidays. I guess that means we could always see the Girls of Summer 2 or Halloween Corazon and friends whenever.

MKAllDay

Would the time travelling that revealed the Bepo/Save Ace/etc also reveal if there were to be a 2x skillup coming? Or will we not know about that until it is announced? My box is suffering with all these books/raid dupes and the upcoming events are going to make that significantly worse so I could really use a 2x skillup.

Rixa

So I went blindly to colosseum, didn't read anything before about it. Obviously doing those easiest difficulties. Wasn't even sure I get EXP from colo, it seems I do get.
Beat the Alvida and now doing next. My question is, what is the average drop rate to bosses?

I mean this was nice surprise to drop at first try :)

As you all can see, I have tried to get ranks as fast as I can. Makeshift party going on, thanks to cost issues XD. This reminds me about PAD where my cost issues started to solve around 150 rank or so.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I will be honest - farming Lucci FN for the sockets makes me wanna quite the game lol. Should is start gemming for it already ? Doesnt seem like it possible to get it done in one week without using gems. Also it looks like Anni might be a bit further away so i still would have time to get enough stones for a multipull.

Yay or Nay ?

PS. I dont quite get the Save event...whats so good about it ?
So I went blindly to colosseum, didn't read anything before about it. Obviously doing those easiest difficulties. Wasn't even sure I get EXP from colo, it seems I do get.
Beat the Alvida and now doing next. My question is, what is the average drop rate to bosses?

I mean this was nice surprise to drop at first try :)

As you all can see, I have tried to get ranks as fast as I can. Makeshift party going on, thanks to cost issues XD. This reminds me about PAD where my cost issues started to solve around 150 rank or so.

On easier diff. the droprate is quite low so you got lucky but she is a good unit so pretty cool :) - dont think Arena is worth your time at this point. Your maingoal should be to get all the important units from the Fortnights right now if you have done it. Lucci, solid QCK slasher and Kakau QCK Orb booster. Get Noland as well as all of the Whitebeard Part 2 Captain before the Islands are gone. One copy will be enough and they should be good to fill out you teams as you rank up.

Ah yeah and if you havent already def. start working on getting Golden Pound ready.

Tidd

I will be honest - farming Lucci FN for the sockets makes me wanna quite the game lol. Should is start gemming for it already ? Doesnt seem like it possible to get it done in one week without using gems. Also it looks like Anni might be a bit further away so i still would have time to get enough stones for a multipull.

Yay or Nay ?

PS. I dont quite get the Save event...whats so good about it ?

If you plan to max skill your Lucci next week you need your gems for the skill books. With average luck you need around 50 books. But I guess they have a better drop rate considering that he needs that much skill ups?
Gamewith lists them with a drop rate of 17%....
17 books in 100 runs --> 51 in 300 runs --> 300runs* 30 stamina = 9000 stamina/200stamina (how much stamina I have) --> 45 gems looool I hope the drop rate is better than that...

The save Ace event is like the Frieza event. Instead of Frieza kills every single marine kill counts and we will get different rewards for that. The best reward is a free Ace which can boost fighters by 2x? if you his special with the free Luffy we will get.

Rixa

On easier diff. the droprate is quite low so you got lucky but she is a good unit so pretty cool :) - dont think Arena is worth your time at this point. Your maingoal should be to get all the important units from the Fortnights right now if you have done it. Lucci, solid QCK slasher and Kakau QCK Orb booster. Get Noland as well as all of the Whitebeard Part 2 Captain before the Islands are gone. One copy will be enough and they should be good to fill out you teams as you rank up.

Ah yeah and if you havent already def. start working on getting Golden Pound ready.

Brb. *Changes plans and starts doing Fortnights*.

I need one Yellow Crab :p

Thanks for the info.

cw_sasuke

If you plan to max skill your Lucci next week you need your gems for the skill books. With average luck you need around 50 books. But I guess they have a better drop rate considering that he needs that much skill ups?

The save Ace event is like the Frieza event. Instead of Frieza kills every single marine kill counts and we will get different rewards for that. The best reward is a free Ace which can boost fighters by 2x? if you his special with the free Luffy we will get.

Thanks.

How many stones did you had to use in the past to get enough books for your Legend ? Lucci will be the first time for me. SInce he can be a useful sub as well i really want to max socket and get enough books to max skill him. Just dont know how many gems this will take. 10 ? 20 ? or even more. Def. feel like i already have to use Gems for his Sockets.

Hearts Pirate FN will let us Socket Bepo as well - so thats something.

Okay i wasnt playing the Frieza event - but if its a community type event im looking forward to those Reward and that new Ace unit. Sounds good. Esp.- if it means we have more time until the Anni Sugo.

Brb. *Changes plans and starts doing Fortnights*.

I need one Yellow Crab :p

Thanks for the info.

Alright good luck - you can farm the lower diffs for most units as well. So it might be better to run 10-15 stam a couple time fast to get all the drops than the more diff. 30 stam - especially since you are likely ranking up fast now anyways.

How do you like Cavendish as a lead so far ? Did you have another Legend as well on that acc ?

Tidd

Thanks.

How many stones did you had to use in the past to get enough books for your Legend ? Lucci will be the first time for me. SInce he can be a useful sub as well i really want to max socket and get enough books to max skill him. Just dont know how many gems this will take. 10 ? 20 ? or even more. Def. feel like i already have to use Gems for his Sockets.

I just edited my post to add this info. :D
Gamewith lists them with a drop rate of 17%.
17 books in 100 runs --> 51 in 300 runs --> 300runs* 30 stamina = 9000 stamina/200stamina (how much stamina I have) --> 45 gems looool I hope the drop rate is better than that...
You will get around 4032 free stamina in 14 days. So if you don't waste any stamina and ignore every other content you would need 25-30 gems.
I guess you could aim for the improved skill up rates. This way you only need 30 books. But who knows when we will get this.

But in the end it always depends on how lucky you will get with the drops. My general rule is something like 1 gem for 1 legend book. (for 170-190 stamina) Unfortunately it is more or less accurate with the data gamewith provides. :/
Furthermore it's outside of a skill up event which means that we have to save the books and can't feed them away and get lucky like some of us did with Inthawk or Croc.

RalchAC

Thanks.

Hearts Pirate FN will let us Socket Bepo as well - so thats something.

You should look up how many skill ups he need, multiply that by 5, and try to get another 10 skill books on top of that in case you have bad luck. To skill up my Log Luffy during the first time the Tom Fortnight was here, I think I spent like a gem a day to get some extra runs.

Rixa

Alright good luck - you can farm the lower diffs for most units as well. So it might be better to run 10-15 stam a couple time fast to get all the drops than the more diff. 30 stam - especially since you are likely ranking up fast now anyways.

How do you like Cavendish as a lead so far ? Did you have another Legend as well on that acc ?

It seems that I need specific team (Whitebeard its Int chars only) for 15 Sta Fortnight so will do 10 sta version. Getting levels quite fast, another Legend is Sabo, here is my box sorted with Class1.

Cavendish is easy leader, not sure what kind of team I could make around Sabo + Free Spirits.

Also not sure who to feed CC (2 HP, 2 ATK, 7 RCV). Then I have 1 Forbidden Tome (who to give or save?). 11 Hime Turtles (they are only exp right?), Penguins & Sea Horses.

cw_sasuke

But in the end it always depends on how lucky you will get with the drops. My general rule is something like 1 gem for 1 legend book. (for 170-190 stamina) Unfortunately it is more or less accurate with the data gamewith provides. :/
Furthermore it's outside of a skill up event which means that we have to save the books and can't feed them away and get lucky like some of us did with Inthawk or Croc.
You should look up how many skill ups he need, multiply that by 5, and try to get another 10 skill books on top of that in case you have bad luck. To skill up my Log Luffy during the first time the Tom Fortnight was here, I think I spent like a gem a day to get some extra runs.

Thanks guys...but yeah im out.
I didnt realize that he needs 10 skillsups until now. Farming 50 Legendbooks is just straight up madness, in addition to farming his sockets now...i know myself good enough that this would likely kill the game for me after im done with this.

I might be better off pursuing my Driven based team. Legend Doffy needs "only" 5 skillups - his Sockets will be around more often as well. Powerhouse ship being Rayleigh Shop only doesnt help the case.

It sucks because Lucci was my first Legend but i didnt expect that much farming to get him finished - just doesnt seem worth it since he wouldnt completly outclass my G3, Slasher or Driven teams anyway.

Guess im back farming Casar books.

It seems that I need specific team (Whitebeard its Int chars only) for 15 Sta Fortnight so will do 10 sta version. Getting levels quite fast, another Legend is Sabo, here is my box sorted with Class1.

Cavendish is easy leader, not sure what kind of team I could make around Sabo + Free Spirits.

Also not sure who to feed CC (2 HP, 2 ATK, 7 RCV). Then I have 1 Forbidden Tome (who to give or save?). 11 Hime Turtles (they are only exp right?), Penguins & Sea Horses.

Im responding to your post right now - just quick not, dont know if its still the case but back in the Day people did some weird account stealings with help of screenshot via customer service you just posted - so if you post your box make sure that amount of gems, money, name arent on the screenshot - so just cop that whole part out.

Dont know if this still happens if the game is linked to a Social Network account.

Sabo is a nice Captain as well - with G2 Luffy, Kaku, Leo, Alvida etc. you have some good Free Spirit subs for him. Make sure to evolve Sanji and Zoro to their final version, using the process that needs the least amount of exp. Too late for Zoro but you can still do it with Sanji.

If you havent already bookmark this page - lot of important data to look about units/damage calculation etc.

http://optc-db.github.io/

You can save up the CC feeding them to babyturtles for now until you know on which unit you wanna use them. No need to rush it.
And yeah Hime Turtles are just exp.

Rixa

Sabo is a nice Captain as well - with G2 Luffy, Kaku, Leo, Alvida etc. you have some good Free Spirit subs for him. Make sure to evolve Sanji and Zoro to their final version, using the process that needs the least amount of exp. Too late for Zoro but you can still do it with Sanji.

If you havent already bookmark this page - lot of important data to look about units/damage calculation etc.

http://optc-db.github.io/

You can save up the CC feeding them to babyturtles for now until you know on which unit you wanna use them. No need to rush it.
And yeah Hime Turtles are just exp.

Deleted the images and did other stuff too, I start to edit my pics in the future. Been using Github for looking units and what they need to evolve etc.

Zoro was that version but my mistake (didn't know) was to feed the free story Zoro to him. Got Lucci also to drop from Fortnight.

RalchAC

Deleted the images and did other stuff too, I start to edit my pics in the future. Been using Github for looking units and what they need to evolve etc.

Zoro was that version but my mistake (didn't know) was to feed the free story Zoro to him. Got Lucci also to drop from Fortnight.

Most people in Android just turn down the volume before taking an screenshot, since the emergent window hides gem count, gold, name and player level.

There is a system to save your account now, SNS I think it was called. It's been a while since I've heard about accounts being stolen, but being careful is never a bad thing to do.

Rixa

Most people in Android just turn down the volume before taking an screenshot, since the emergent window hides gem count, gold, name and player level.

There is a system to save your account now, SNS I think it was called. It's been a while since I've heard about accounts being stolen, but being careful is never a bad thing to do.

Handy, makes life easier to just play with volume bar (I don't use sounds while playing but nice trick).

MiTYH

Almost done with story mode, so far only have a red pacifista to show for it. Still missing the last island's units too. I need to make a day of that sometimes...

But yea, save ace event! And FINALLY Legend Lucci books!! Plus Anniversary is just around the corner...

Rixa

Ok this makes life easier, no need to use other softwares to edit pics.

Screenshot_20170126-143031.png

Skillbooks starting to take inventory spaces. If I don't have the unit and SB is 3* is it "fairly" safe to use it as exp?

RR30

Almost done with story mode, so far only have a red pacifista to show for it. Still missing the last island's units too. I need to make a day of that sometimes...

But yea, save ace event! And FINALLY Legend Lucci books!! Plus Anniversary is just around the corner...

Doesn't Lucci need like 10 skill ups. RIP no chance I get enough in 2 weeks for that.

MiTYH

Doesn't Lucci need like 10 skill ups. RIP no chance I get enough in 2 weeks for that.

Yeah, 10 skillups. Goodbye gems. I'll spend a few for sure on him because 15 is a great cooldown on a legend, and I use him more as a beatstick than a captain anyway

RalchAC

Yeah, 10 skillups. Goodbye gems. I'll spend a few for sure on him because 15 is a great cooldown on a legend, and I use him more as a beatstick than a captain anyway

You could always try to bring him to 17-20 which is kind of acceptable for a lot of content.

Tidd

You could always try to bring him to 17-20 which is kind of acceptable for a lot of content.

I believe 3D2Y Sanji's max cool down is 18 so that should be the goal.
Personally I will farm around 30 and just wait till we get the improved skill up rates.

Kakaroach

Man farming Lucci sockets is so boring. How can this fortnight still have such terrible drop rates? Or maybe I'm just seeing all the other useless drops in the this fortnight too. I'll keep farming it because I really want those sockets; but damn this sucks.

Hana-Bi

Who is ready to pull Blackbeard and friends today?
I still don't know. First I wanted to pull, but this sugo is really bad when it comes to multis (no guaranteed boosted unit as the +1 sucks). Sure Shiryu is amazing and the batch also but we might get the anni sugo soon (that's my problem now: we are getting the burning Moby Dick ship so are we getting the anni event at the same time? So the whole event might come weeks or months later...)

bjork

Who is ready to pull Blackbeard and friends today?

One multi, then I'm done. Expecting nothing QCK, but we'll see.

Man farming Lucci sockets is so boring. How can this fortnight still have such terrible drop rates? Or maybe I'm just seeing all the other useless drops in the this fortnight too. I'll keep farming it because I really want those sockets; but damn this sucks.

I did 4 30s in a row yesterday where Lucci dropped nothing. Pretty irritating.

RR30

One multi, then I'm done. Expecting nothing QCK, but we'll see.

I did 4 30s in a row yesterday where Lucci dropped nothing. Pretty irritating.

That's where I'm at. Going to do one multi and keep the rest for anniversary/Kizaru/FN's.

I am going to finish up my Lucci with socket books. It's a waste when I still have another legend or two to socket, but I hate that fortnight.

I'll aim for 5 skillups the first time he's here. 20 w/ level 2 CD sockets should be enough for him. I haven't even used Lucci since I got him tbh. Need to play with the team builder some more.

bobohoro

It truly is quite exceptionally poor. Ran it around 10 times, 95% of the drops were total trash. Although I need both Kaku/Lucci and Marco books, I think I'm gonna run WB FN for the rest of the week.

And will do a single pull. After my uncontrolled waste of gems a month ago, I managed to get back up to nearly 150 gems and I'd rather keep it there until anniversary. If there isn't a skill up soon, I'll need some more box space as well.

MiTYH

Alright, story island done. Only got some new Pacifistas to show for it, nothing major. Loving the 10 gem reward though. I'm very, VERY close to having 5 multi-pulls saved up.

Guess I'm back to Alvida today. Need to get a decent stockpile. We have a skillup coming soon, right?

Kukumalu

Managed to get story Lucci just before the fortnight came but the first 10 copies of Lucci I fed only resulted in 1 useful socket (Despair).
If not for the Marco books I would probably just give up on it.

RalchAC

I'm still having flashbacks of my crappy pull during Kizaru Sugofest. I think I'll be able to stay strong.

On better news, 242 gems. And I still have to clear Oris Plaza and Coby Chaos Coliseum. The 5 multipull dream is real.

However, I'm starting to sell skill books. So far I've said good bye to Franky and Monet, since they have usable CDs at lvl 1. But as I farm stuff, it gets harder to keep them.

Kukumalu

However, I'm starting to sell skill books. So far I've said good bye to Franky and Monet, since they have usable CDs at lvl 1. But as I farm stuff, it gets harder to keep them.

Saving skill books is the worst. I have 1100 slots and around 550 books and I'm struggling to have empty box space (Always hovering around 1050 or so).
Most of the books are for some pretty important characters (Caesar, SW Franky, INTHawk, WB, Monet, Marco, INT Robin, Gladius) but the hoarder in me has a really hard time getting rid of the not so important ones.

I fear what will happen if we don't get a skill-up event soon with all the juicy books coming.

RalchAC

Saving skill books is the worst. I have 1100 slots and around 550 books and I'm struggling to have empty box space (Always hovering around 1050 or so).
Most of the books are for some pretty important characters (Caesar, SW Franky, INTHawk, WB, Monet, Marco, INT Robin, Gladius) but the hoarder in me has a really hard time getting rid of the not so important ones.

I fear what will happen if we don't get a skill-up event soon with all the juicy books coming.

I'm starting to sell and feed anything that's under 18 turns at skill level 1. My biggest problem is that I don't have most of those units due to 2nd Anniversary gem hoarding. I may feed my Apoo dupes / books too, since mine is already at 17 CD which is ok.

Top Bottom