• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RalchAC

fan favorite character Hody Jones from the wildly popular fishman island arc that everyone loves.

so beloved when they were releasing characters from future arcs they actually went around it

There is some amazing background and themes and stuff in Fishmen Island. But it's too long (especially the anime), fights are boring and Sanji is in full weirdo mode.

Kukumalu

Started yolo feeding Caesar books and got his special from 1 to Max with 25 books.
Wut? Guess thats almost 40 more slots which I'll probably use for Blackbeard copies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Started yolo feeding Caesar books and got his special from 1 to Max with 25 books.
Wut? Guess thats almost 40 more slots which I'll probably use for Blackbeard copies.

Thanks for the inspiration. I did yolo Caesar feeding after I saw your post and maxed him out as well. Can really use all that space.

Edit: Got Franky to max too. I dunno if getting a Super on the book feeding raises the skill up rate but it seems to have helped a lot.

100 free spaces!

Kukumalu

Thanks for the inspiration. I did yolo Caesar feeding after I saw your post and maxed him out as well. Can really use all that space.

Edit: Got Franky to max too. I dunno if getting a Super on the book feeding raises the skill up rate but it seems to have helped a lot.

100 free spaces!

I don't know why but a couple days ago when we had the other super-success event I also noticed a better skill-up rate.
Wish I had SW Franky too so I could dump these 60 something books I have.

RR30

Only 5 copies of Kizaru today. Going to try and get in about 50 whitebeard FN runs in before he leaves. Hopefully I'll be able to get enough books to max Sengoku (lol not a chance)/Franky/Caeser. I'll farm Alvida next time she's here.

Hana-Bi

100 free spaces!

Lol, you guys were tempting me. Of course I got no skill ups out of 30 books...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
SW Franky is so weird because he doesn't need a single skill up. Not a single one.

Tidd

SW Franky is so weird because he doesn't need a single skill up. Not a single one.

My Franky needs to be maxed so I can run this:
FLepwMK.png
6 turns for a 2 million damage burst and you can't die? I take it!

Rixa

Asking general guildeline about building team:
Just curious how much would that team suck if I someday build Driven team.

I know that I have issues with about everything in this pic (cost, level, evolve, synergy?)
But if Iam going to do Driven team would it be something like this?

Sieppaa.PNG

At the moment last slot could be either GPU or Driven char Lafitte.
Or is RCV going to be pain in the ass? Should the last slot be something else?

Now Iam focusing doing Fortnights & if newest Island is ½ stamina doing it. Basically trying to get Ranks as much as I can.

Btw. I was somewhat lucky with my Merry Go. Didn't get many failures and managed to get it to level 6 :). I know that the fail show will start to take toll, but got that nice lil ATK boost.

On my 10+1 Pulled 2 Caesars (all pulls were 3*/4*):
- Blamenco 4*
- Shaka 4*
- Abdullah & Jeet 4*
- 2x Caesar 4*

Rest were 3* :/
- Miss Goldenweek
- Miss Valentine (again)
- Killer (again)
- Sanji
- Pell
- Mr. 3

Now Iam going with this team:

Sieppaa%20(1).PNG

Majukun

Asking general guildeline about building team:
Just curious how much would that team suck if I someday build Driven team.

I know that I have issues with about everything in this pic (cost, level, evolve, synergy?)
But if Iam going to do Driven team would it be something like this?

Sieppaa.PNG

At the moment last slot could be either GPU or Driven char Lafitte.
Or is RCV going to be pain in the ass? Should the last slot be something else?

Now Iam focusing doing Fortnights & if newest Island is ½ stamina doing it. Basically trying to get Ranks as much as I can.

Btw. I was somewhat lucky with my Merry Go. Didn't get many failures and managed to get it to level 6 :). I know that the fail show will start to take toll, but got that nice lil ATK boost.

On my 10+1 Pulled 2 Caesars (all pulls were 3*/4*):
- Blamenco 4*
- Shaka 4*
- Abdullah & Jeet 4*
- 2x Caesar 4*

Rest were 3* :/
- Miss Goldenweek
- Miss Valentine (again)
- Killer (again)
- Sanji
- Pell
- Mr. 3

Now Iam going with this team:

Sieppaa%20(1).PNG

In OPTC there's no such thing as a single team (apart from maybe some dream teams with legends), but pretty much every good team works the same way

- get a good captain
- assure you have a type/class booster that works with your crew
- put an orb booster
. find a way to assure you some matching orbs for the burst,either by reacting to one of the bosses's specials or by yourself using one of the various "full table" combos

those little 4 rules should always been in your head since you are gonna neeed this structure almost for any team,since the meta of the game revolves around bursting the bosses (killing them in one turn before they can activate their specials based on how much hp they have left)

when those 4 conditions are filled, you can then put the "extra" members that are gonna make your life easier,like the damage reducers or the delayers,or something to counter what will happen in the stage...in the case of your first team you have the booster (caesar),but it needs his skill to be leveled to be useful (a skill it's usually considered "usable" around 20 CD,anything more and you usually need extra HP to survive the stalling), but you lack an rob booster.

also,remember that it's usually the last 3 characters of your team that do the big part of the damage,so it's ok to put one or two characters not boosted by your captain if they have the special you need, not ideal, but it's a way better option than a fool boosted crew that it's gonna die.

Lafitte can make so that you don't have bad orbs,but you usually want matching ones.

cavendish boosts everything but only for himself...remember that there can be only ONE boost of any given type active per turn...if you activate a special that gives a boost of any kind when another identical boost is in place,it will either not activate at all,or activate without giving you the boost (if the special has some other effect, that would apply normally, like with caesar you would not get the boost but you would poison your enemies)

we have recently got on global new kinds of boosts,but those should be the categories

-type/class boost (boosts to every character with a given type/class,like slashers or QCK)
-orb boost (boosts the effectiveness of orbs,both positively and negatively)
-conditonal boosters (boost given against any enemy with a given buff/debuff)
-chain multiplier (this modifies your chain multiplier bonus)
-color affinity (increases the bonus/malus for attacking using a character that has type advantage/disadvantage,so STR will do 4x damage to DEX (instead of the usual x2), eanwhile QCK will deal 1/4 of the damage (instead of 1/2)

hoping i'm not missing any

to answer about RCV,it's usualy seen as unreliable since it's based on luck (no rcv orb,no heal), so you usually build a team not considering it if they are not part of your strategy. Slashers,that are a big part of your team, have generally really poor rcv, but that's why you usually use with them the coffin boat that you get in mihawk's training forest,but it's way too soon for you to try that.

focus on trying to get the merry to lv 10, a world will open for you when you finally get that sweet x1.5 boost

Rixa

In OPTC there's no such thing as a single team (apart from maybe some dream teams with legends), but pretty much every good team works the same way *snip*

focus on trying to get the merry to lv 10, a world will open for you when you finally get that sweet x1.5 boost

Great & thanks. Now I know more :).

I will focus to Merry and will focus to get cost up and same time leveling units when I get xp fodders.

Kukumalu

Lol, you guys were tempting me. Of course I got no skill ups out of 30 books...

Sorry to hear that but you're not supposed to keep feeding books if you don't get any skill-ups.
I follow the 5 to 1 rule and since I had 39 books and since Caesar needs 7 skill-ups (35 books) that means I had 4 "extra" books.
I fed 5 books and got 2 skill-ups which means I now only need 25 books and still have 34 so I kept feeding following that logic.

Better luck next time.

Hana-Bi

Sorry to hear that but you're not supposed to keep feeding books if you don't get any skill-ups.
I follow the 5 to 1 rule and since I had 39 books and since Caesar needs 7 skill-ups (35 books) that means I had 4 "extra" books.
I fed 5 books and got 2 skill-ups which means I now only need 25 books and still have 34 so I kept feeding following that logic.

Better luck next time.

No problem. Need the space for Lucci books and Alvida copies anyway. Means that I need to gem some more for Caesar books and hope for better luck this time.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Current Ace team

I def. can see now why he has so many fans. Didnt know his Special hits so hard - pretty much clears all Fodders if you have at least like 30-40k hp lefts. Well and the amount of HP...with Autoheal and solid rcv you can stall for quite a while.

Dont have the best subs yet, but its already quite fun playing around. If i get Franky down the line i might need to get serious with the Shooter team.

Edit:

Yeah i need to check out Kizaru and Boa Raid - both shooters in addition to Colo Apoo.

bjork

Did some Lucci runs, got a stamina refill from a level up, ran some more.

1 Lucci, but at least it gave me an autoheal socket. Now I guess I'll feed all these Ace books to someone, there's like 30 of them and both 4* and 5* QCK Aces are skill maxed.

RR30

Did some Lucci runs, got a stamina refill from a level up, ran some more.

1 Lucci, but at least it gave me an autoheal socket. Now I guess I'll feed all these Ace books to someone, there's like 30 of them and both 4* and 5* QCK Aces are skill maxed.

I used all of my worthless skill books today on porcs as I had already used/sold all of my fodder units.

Down to 600 box space now after being at 1000 earlier. Had 75 purple turtles from the last two fortnights lol.

EMT0

Banned
I grew weak and coughed up some dough; lo and behold, this multipull payed out with Caesar Clown(!) and Legend Shanks which I'm pretty pleased about, although after clearing Aokiji he feels like his utility is...kinda over, tbh? I'm not sure what content I'm going to be using him for in the near future, is what I'm getting at. Still cool to have, but I'm at a bit of a loss on that point.

My thirst for a tanky Legend with a dream team continues

ExVicis

I grew weak and coughed up some dough; lo and behold, this multipull payed out with Caesar Clown(!) and Legend Shanks which I'm pretty pleased about, although after clearing Aokiji he feels like his utility is...kinda over, tbh? I'm not sure what content I'm going to be using him for in the near future, is what I'm getting at. Still cool to have, but I'm at a bit of a loss on that point.

My thirst for a tanky Legend with a dream team continues
Awesome, we can be Shanks buds since my YOLO pull got me his Legend form.

So what's wrong with Aokiji though? Is it just that you'd rather have a different special or he just outclassed?

EMT0

Banned
Awesome, we can be Shanks buds since my YOLO pull got me his Legend form.

So what's wrong with Aokiji though? Is it just that you'd rather have a different special or he just outclassed?

I was just referring to me not seeing much use for Shanks outside of clearing the Aokiji raid which I've already taken care of. I'm not sure that there's much place to use him beyond that...Nightmare Luffy I guess? Tesoro's already had me covered for a badass PSY team :s

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Maxed SW Franky and Caesar via Yolo feeding. Monet hasn't been going as well, but I'm keeping the bare minimum needed for 2x special up if it doesn't pan out.

I was just referring to me not seeing much use for Shanks outside of clearing the Aokiji raid which I've already taken care of. I'm not sure that there's much place to use him beyond that...Nightmare Luffy I guess? Tesoro's already had me covered for a badass PSY team :s

It's nice to just have a really strong PSY slasher. The alternatives are kind of lacking from a raw stats perspective. Because of his orb generation and lack of enemy resistance from PSY, he's also decent for speed clearing fortnights too.

And there's always Shanks 6*+ in the future.

EMT0

Banned
Maxed SW Franky and Caesar via Yolo feeding. Monet hasn't been going as well, but I'm keeping the bare minimum needed for 2x special up if it doesn't pan out.

It's nice to just have a really strong PSY slasher. The alternatives are kind of lacking from a raw stats perspective. Because of his orb generation and lack of enemy resistance from PSY, he's also decent for speed clearing fortnights too.

And there's always Shanks 6*+ in the future.

That...eh. Just seems like he's another dud Legend for anyone that has Tesoro tbh.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That...eh. Just seems like he's another dud Legend for anyone that has Tesoro tbh.

Tesoro has a Cerebral restriction as captain. As far as captains go, Shanks is still the best straight PSY captain around that allows the most freedom for team composition purposes.

But yeah, he's not a game changer or anything. He's still good, and Tesoro isn't a replacement for him. There are no real replacements in this game for the most part, which is why I love it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
don't underestimate Shanks' ability to get you matching orbs, that shit is crazy with double Shanks

Yeah, this is more powerful than people realize. With double SW Shanks, you don't even need an orb manipulator like Tesoro anymore in most instances.

EMT0

Banned
I should really stop complaining. I did a few more single pull, and I got Corazon on the last one. My complaints?

cartoon-drawing-of-a-trash-can-illustration-id77383000

All is good game, all is good

EDIT: Somebody take my phone away from me. I was feeling a streak. I got Legend Croc on the 4th single pull. Somebody send help. I get it God Coby, I shall never doubt you again

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
What's wrong with that? Anyway, it's not all RRs, I'm trying to max all the fodder guys and stuff too.
Nothing, your initial statement is bragging, but it would be a given you'd have a lot of different units if you spent money, that's all.

3 Legends in one day? WOW! Congrats, EMT.

As for me, your post got me over excited so I did 5 pulls of my own. I shouldn't have:
4* Not!Log Nami (Have Log)
3* Helmeppo (Dupe)
3* Mr. 3 (Dupe)
4* Apoo (Dupe)
4* Dr. Hiriluk

Kyou

I did the "Feed 5 see how it goes" on Alvida after planning to gem for more copies this weekend and she's one from max now. So that's nice.

EMT0

Banned
3 Legends in one day? WOW! Congrats, EMT.

As for me, your post got me over excited so I did 5 pulls of my own. I shouldn't have:
4* Not!Log Nami (Have Log)
3* Helmeppo (Dupe)
3* Mr. 3 (Dupe)
4* Apoo (Dupe)
4* Dr. Hiriluk

Thanks, and sorry about the bad luck. I'm pretty sure the 2 Year Anniversary is ruined for me now after this luck streak. I'm really glad to have gotten Croc though, since I just farmed Kuma and Heracles'un. Now all I need is 3D2Y Robin and I'm all set :)

ExVicis

Thanks, and sorry about the bad luck. I'm pretty sure the 2 Year Anniversary is ruined for me now after this luck streak. I'm really glad to have gotten Croc though, since I just farmed Kuma and Heracles'un. Now all I need is 3D2Y Robin and I'm all set :)

I'd honestly be looking out for lightning or pianos falling on my head after a streak like that

Yeah jeez dude, that's some lottery luck right there.

I will try to remain unswayed by your example and will wait. Anni is the plan it dammit!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Got some unexpected money for Chinese New Year from the GF's parents (yay red pocket). Decided to buy a multi pull. Got two legendaries which is insane luck. Sabo and a dupe Barto. Neither are useful. But can't complain. Bring on 2nd anniversary!

EMT0

Banned
I'd honestly be looking out for lightning or pianos falling on my head after a streak like that

Yeah jeez dude, that's some lottery luck right there.

I will try to remain unswayed by your example and will wait. Anni is the plan it dammit!

Let's just say that I'm on the Trump shit list and leave it at that. I already know where the bad luck's gonna hit from :d But yes, don't follow my example. Lack of self-control is a bad example to follow, anni is planni.

EDIT: Congrats Commish!

MKAllDay

How often do events like the recent half Cola cost event occur? I should finish Ace forest soon and I am curious if I should go for the level ups now or wait for such an event if they are frequent enough.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Congrats to everyone on their new legends! And congrats to those who had the willpower to not pull. And condolences to those who pulled and didn't get what they wanted.

2nd anniversary is right around the corner!

bobohoro

Congrats to all the new legends.

I really need that anni announcement soon. With all the events and other stuff I might have enough for 4 multis.

Only six Legends pulled since October and one of them was a dupe so is not all good over there either

Only?
That's an interesting way to look at it.

Rixa

Congrats on Corazon and Crocboy EMT0 - really nice pulls.

"Only" he says....haha.

I did make 3x10+1 + 2 single pulls. No Legendary luck here but got bunch of nice cards and obviously some not so nice but thats expected. Now to save gems for Anni and do occasional inventory size upgrades with gems.

What can we expect from 2nd Anni, if it goes about same as JP had?

Top Bottom