• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Tidd

If it does end up being this, I'm looking forward to the update the most of all. Free pulls are nice and the ship too, but sailor abilities come with the next update, yeah?

Bandai could include so much in this update considering that we got a lot of things earlier than Japan and the last update was like 23232 months ago.
Ray shop, sailor abilities, chopper mission, 2x stamina for double drops, other QoL improvements like the new sorting system.

Rixa

If it does end up being this, I'm looking forward to the update the most of all. Free pulls are nice and the ship too, but sailor abilities come with the next update, yeah?

Bandai could include so much in this update considering that we got a lot of things earlier than Japan and the last update was like 23232 months ago.
Ray shop, sailor abilities, chopper mission, 2x stamina for double drops, other QoL improvements like the new sorting system.

Thank you, looking for this. What do they do to Sabo?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thank you, looking for this. What do they do to Sabo?

I think he means the Sabo Raidboss - so another strong farmable ...and if you happen to own Legend Sabo you can Socket him with Raid Sabo copies.

Rixa

I think he means the Sabo Raidboss - so another strong farmable ...and if you happen to own Legend Sabo you can Socket him with Raid Sabo copies.

Yup, I do have Sabo. So I have some weeks time to get strong enough to clear raid (sure yeah no problem...). Maybe someday in far far future I can clear it :D.

cw_sasuke

Yup, I do have Sabo. So I have some weeks time to get strong enough to clear raid (sure yeah no problem...). Maybe someday in far far future I can clear it :D.

Heh nice.... do you already have some plan for Raid Mihawk ? If you can get him skilled he will open up alot other Raids for you - he also is a great fit for your Cavendish team.

Rixa

Heh nice.... do you already have some plan for Raid Mihawk ? If you can get him skilled he will open up alot other Raids for you - he also is a great fit for your Cavendish team.

Heh no :D.

I mean I should look for resources and see what kinda of team / what one needs to clear it. So I guess that will be next thing to check what I need etc, so I guess I have now plan that is not plan :p.

bjork

I mean I should look for resources and see what kinda of team / what one needs to clear it. So I guess that will be next thing to check what I need etc, so I guess I have now plan that is not plan :p.

Key things for a first time through:
- enough team HP to eat two pre-emptives, one on stage 3 from a marine, one on stage 5 from mihawk. Altogether, I want to say it's like 8000 between both.

- when you get to stage 4, target the elder seahorse first and attack with GPU first. On this stage it doesn't matter if you get perfects, but rather that everyone hits their full combos. The seahorse has 6 hp and GPU's combo is 6, so he'll take it out by himself, then your other characters can wipe out the fodder. The key is to wait until their combo has finished, then tap the next guy. You won't get perfects, but you'll clear the stage with zero trouble. This hung me up the first time Mihawk showed up, and I kept getting locked by the seahorse.

- it really helps if you have GPU's special ready when you get to Mihawk. With the turn delay, you'll get 4 turns to try and whittle him down.

Aside from that, it's just a matter of bringing your best units and trying to have a type advantage if you can. Some people would frown on it, but I think even if you had to gem for your first Mihawk, that's better than using gems on a yolo pull. He's a strong enough unit to be worth the trouble.

cw_sasuke

Actually...i dont remember all your pulls but Sabo shouldnt have too much issue with Mihawk he only has around 1m HP and can be delayed. One matching orb on Luffy alone would nearly kill him.

http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...,30:99,324:99,15:50C1,10B0D0E64Q0L0G0R18S100H

Just need to make sure you have enough HP to stall for your skills to be up in time. Your Cavendish team can do it as well - just make sure you can dish out 1m HP in those 3-4 rounds.

Rixa

Key things for a first time through:
- enough team HP to eat two pre-emptives, one on stage 3 from a marine, one on stage 5 from mihawk. Altogether, I want to say it's like 8000 between both.

Actually...i dont remember all your pulls but Sabo shouldnt have too much issue with Mihawk he only has around 1m HP and can be delayed. One matching orb on Luffy alone would nearly kill him.

Just need to make sure you have enough HP to stall for your skills to be up in time. Your Cavendish team can do it as well - just make sure you can dish out 1m HP in those 3-4 rounds.

My box:
1.png
2.png
3.png
I did read few guides about Mihawk fight, but don't know who to use :). Also I don't have clue when Mihawk is / how it appears.

EMT0

Banned
My box:

I did read few guides about Mihawk fight, but don't know who to use :). Also I don't have clue when Mihawk is / how it appears.

Don Sai actually gives you some interesting choices against Mihawk

Vy0JKaw.png

This team can KO him in three turns or so assuming you hit all of your Perfects.

Rixa

Don Sai actually gives you some interesting choices against Mihawk

Vy0JKaw.png

This team can KO him in three turns or so assuming you hit all of your Perfects.

Heh, I need more practice to get everything perfect. Also my Merry Go is at level 7. Not sure how much Cola it takes to get it to 10 and how slow I get the Cola (Using those snails + twitter too).

Been practicing Perfects with friend Rayleighs. But obviously now that I have cost issues and party members are changing quite often (getting more cost and better fodder to party), makes it somewhat hard to do 6 Perfects :p.

Hana-Bi

Hopefully we'll get Ray shop + new features next month. With all the rng bad luck I had the past few weeks I need some silver linings to get me through the next few weeks.

And when my next legends will be dupes too I won't pull for a very long time (hopefully). When a red poster turns out to be a dupe four times in a row you just want a silver poster instead...

EMT0

Banned
Heh, I need more practice to get everything perfect. Also my Merry Go is at level 7. Not sure how much Cola it takes to get it to 10 and how slow I get the Cola (Using those snails + twitter too).

Been practicing Perfects with friend Rayleighs. But obviously now that I have cost issues and party members are changing quite often (getting more cost and better fodder to party), makes it somewhat hard to do 6 Perfects :p.

I sympathize completely, I was in a similar boat for a while in that hitting Perfects felt like a chore. My original account(zero Legends, no rerolling) had Gear 3rd and I planned to use him to clear Mihawk, but quickly abandoned that plan once it started to feel like a chore. Aside from getting that first copy of Mihawk, don't sweat farming him too hard just yet. There's still time to be had. Just be sure to get that one copy of Mihawk(and Enel when he comes around), as you can clear large swathes of content off of those two as captains. Plus there's the handy dandy flowchart for raids:

6fa4745c5d946c7c03e755221eac2a62.jpg

This path isn't linear by any means, but it can serve as a good reference point. A single copy of Enel wrecks Monster Chopper and Blackbeard farming, Monster Chopper and Blackbeard wreck Doflamingo, Doflamingo + Mihawk wreck the rest of Enel's copies, Enel lets you farm Kuma, Blackbeard can be used to max out Mihawk and Duval, letting you take on the Buster Call, letting you go after Aokiji, who with Kuma nets you Boa, etc. There's a cycle, somewhere in that mess.

Rixa

I sympathize completely, I was in a similar boat for a while in that hitting Perfects felt like a chore. My original account(zero Legends, no rerolling) had Gear 3rd and I planned to use him to clear Mihawk, but quickly abandoned that plan once it started to feel like a chore. Aside from getting that first copy of Mihawk, don't sweat farming him too hard just yet. There's still time to be had. Just be sure to get that one copy of Mihawk(and Enel when he comes around), as you can clear large swathes of content off of those two as captains.

Plus there's the handy dandy flowchart for raids:
There's a cycle, somewhere in that mess.

Nice chart.
At the moment Iam not a fan of those hit Perfect x times leaders. They offer a lot but its so risky to use them and thus when trying Mihawk not going to count on those leaders.
Ill focus on getting Cavendish (6* btw) more levels and same time try to get Sabo to max lvl and then evo fodder + evo him & raise levels. Farming raids come later, first Ill try to get one copy.

One risky strategy could be (if you can stall 25 turns before boss) to use GPU + Shiryu.
Note, however, that if you use his special and it doesn't work, you can reset the app, attack normally and use his special on the next turn!
4 Turns to try the kill with 25% chance to success *lol*...
Not sure if stalling 25 turns is possible in earlier floors, maybe with some Vivi team.

RR30

Trying to figure out a good Lucci team for the future when we get the Ray Shop/Rocket Man ship.

7407a670af842086f5efb7762281ee09.png

I'm struggling to think of a good 6th member in there for Garp. Koala would work instead of Burgess for an extra boost but misses on the bonus from Lucci.

EMT0

Banned
Trying to figure out a good Lucci team for the future when we get the Ray Shop/Rocket Man ship.

7407a670af842086f5efb7762281ee09.png

I'm struggling to think of a good 6th member in there for Garp. Koala would work instead of Burgess for an extra boost but misses on the bonus from Lucci.

You could put in Domino or Log Robin if you're liking the idea of an orb locker. Alternatively, ditch Jinbe and add Dalmatian + 3D2Y Robin for a delay, conditional boost + orb lock.

Tidd

Next event looks appropriately great

Disclaimer saying there's no raid on the 5th though

We will get the next sugo on February 8th. (last year this was the date we got the anniversary Sugo). Why? Because that is when the free pulls are ending. :p

They don't have to announce a raid with the event news. :)

Just use a Jimbei team...

EMT0

Banned
I'm just bummed out about the lack of a skillup even since my box is at desperation point atmt. At the very least give me that base boost to skillup rates already :(

MiTYH

I'm just bummed out about the lack of a skillup even since my box is at desperation point atmt. At the very least give me that base boost to skillup rates already :(

I'm imagining this will happen in part 2. Hopefully with the ray shop

But they don't havvvvve to announce a Sugo. So there's hope it could come before the 13th, but probably after (definitely after the free pulls)

Majukun

comparison between part 1 global and part 1 japan

global

save ace event with event luffy and possible ace
1 gem per day
flaming moby dick
rate up for meat and cola on snails
half stamina first "couple" islands
7 days of yolo pulls
4 bosses clash of clashes
6 CYO turtle time
double EXP n replay adventures
golden cave open
7 days of booster islands

japan

1 gem per day
anniversary luffy
4 days of yolo pulls
10 days of secret boss islands
3 CYO turtle times
2x EXP on every story island until sabaody
10 days of better snails (more cola,pigs and CC)
5 bosses clash of clashes
5 days of 1 free rainbow evolver after login
2x skillup chance
cotton candy island (with better version?)

marineford luffy (and possible ace) vs anniversary luffy
rate up for meat and cola vs improved snails with improve chance
7 yolo pulls vs 4 yolo pulls
4 raids clash vs 5 raids clash
7 days of evolver and booster island vs 5 free rainbow evolvers at login
6 CYO turtle times vs 3 CYO turtle times
half stamina story islands vs 2x exp story islands
golden cave vs cotton candy island

ExVicis

Man Blackbeard was the easiest Clash ever for me. Maybe it's that I finally have a bunch of units already prior to the Clash, that the Clash isn't that hard or the Cabbage assist but it's nice to not have to struggle through a Clash like I have been the last couple of times.

RedBoot

Seven free pulls is kind of amazing, especially since we'd assumed it was only 2 from the time traveling. Last time it was during an INT up and I got 3D2Y Robin, so hopefully this time I'll manage Tashigi during the QCK up.

Also kind of glad there isn't another new raid on the 5th, since I'm going to be hurting for space anyway and I sure as hell wasn't ready for Akainu. Giving us Buster Call for the first time in months when we're several weeks past the last skill-up is cruel, though. Based on my current box space, I'll probably only be able to save Momonga copies and will have to yolo feed the Onigumos and Dalmatians.

Also, I forgot to mention it the other day, and I suppose it's not 100% confirmed yet, but if the Save Ace event has the same skillbooks as the JPN one, we will finally, after long last, get our Foxy books!

(Not that getting 20 or so of them is even remotely viable in this event)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It's worth putting together Ace event speedrunning teams, since I think we only have 30 minutes to get as many runs as possible, and you can get some really nice drops.

EDIT: Oh wait, maybe that'll be Part 2.

Rixa

SPOILERZ!

Yeah :( I didn't know that. Story has been interesting to the point where Iam.

As being curious about Shiryu...
Went with this team to 30 Sta Blackbeard battle, it did spoil me something before battle started
Ace is Luffys brother
. I mean my only touch to OP universe is this game :D.

Capture.PNG

Thanks to friend GAFer 6* Marco I could stall so that all my skills where ready at Boss.
1st Turn Boss (2 turns) seems to be immune to GPU :D -> Shiryu fails -> S/L -> All attack normally.
2nd Turn Shiryu fails -> S/L -> I launch skills except f.Marco -> Cavendish does 669k damage, boss is around 30% HP left. Do I die or not?
3rd Turn -> Boss does Gloom -> Not sure if Marcos skill would override it or not? -> Shiryu fails not -> So can't test Marcos skil -> Beginners luck:

Screenshot_20170130-072952.png

I think I could have killed Boss normally in 2 turns if I had launched Cavendish skill at first turn. Tho I don't know does Boss launch gloom in certain HP treshold or when is his 1st turn and does Marco's skill override it? And would Gloom really matter when Cavendish had QCK orb flashing eventho there was gloom.

Anyways S/L + Shiryu works. Now the question is, what I do with that new unit, is it only fodder for Legendary Blackbeard or actually useful unit? What is the boss droprate % in those lower sta fights?

bjork

I think I could have killed Boss normally in 2 turns if I had launched Cavendish skill at first turn. Tho I don't know does Boss launch gloom in certain HP treshold or when is his 1st turn and does Marco's skill override it? And would Gloom really matter when Cavendish had QCK orb flashing eventho there was gloom.

Anyways S/L + Shiryu works. Now the question is, what I do with that new unit, is it only fodder for Legendary Blackbeard or actually useful unit? What is the boss droprate % in those lower sta fights?

I'm not a regular Marco user, but I think his special is heal and slots, not lowering despair (gloom). To get around the despair status, you either need a special that lowers the number of despair turns, or anti-despair sockets. That's where the OPTC treadmill lies, is grinding out copies of dudes for sockets you want, in addition to skill-ups.

Raid BB is a great unit once you've got his special low enough, and he can make for quick runs on something like the Heracles-un raid. But a key thing for BB is to not put despair sockets on him, because if he gets despaired, the HP cut counts as damage, which adds damage to his special on the following turn.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Just for shits and giggles I decided to do a single run against BB with a QCK marco team. Why? Because I noticed a cavendish on my friend list, and I've never run a single event with cavendish.

... Holy shit. o_O

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
C3ZA7a9VMAAFkc1.png

From Reddit:

Daruma: Special - Reduce the duration of Paralysis and Special Silence for several turns, deal damage to one enemy, and boost Atk of Powerhouse characters. Sailor Ability - Completely resist Special Silence

Dosun: Special - Change certain orbs into color orb, and boost Atk and orbs of Powerhouse characters. Sailor Ability - Boost HP and Atk of all characters by +? if there are 6 Powerhouse characters in your crew

Hyouzou: Special - Makes Perfects harder to hit for 1 turn, changes all color orbs on Powerhouse characters into matching, recovers some HP, and delays all enemies for 1 turn Sailor Ability - Boost Atk of all by +? if there 6 Powerhouse characters in your crew

Zeo: Special - Makes Perfects easier to hit, locks orb for 1 turn, and sets chains multiplier at 2.5x for 1 turn Sailor Ability - If the captain is Powerhouse, completely resist Blindness

Ikaros Much: Special - Reduce crew's HP, but for 1 turn boost the effect of orbs by a large amount, and boost damage against delayed enemies. Sailor Ability - If there are 6 Powerhouse characters in your crew, all color orbs are treated as matching [for Ikaros].

Rixa

Just for shits and giggles I decided to do a single run against BB with a QCK marco team. Why? Because I noticed a cavendish on my friend list, and I've never run a single event with cavendish.

... Holy shit. o_O

I know :).

If one has time & patience to stall enough so that Cavendish (and Marco) skills are ready launching Cavendish and managing Perfect makes shitton of damage.

With my only run (see the team in previous post :D) that had only 3 perfect (3 greats) where Cavendish was Perfect he did 669k damage.
So I assume with better team & better Perfect handling Cavendish can do a lot more damage to BB.

Kyou

how do you end up not evolving kid luffy? Don't they force you? I imagine it must have something to do with transferring accounts.

cw_sasuke

Grats Rixa...pretty nice - with Cavendish you should have any issues getting Monster Chopper as well or most STR Raidboss in general.
how do you end up not evolving kid luffy? Don't they force you? I imagine it must have something to do with transferring accounts.

He got the account from EMT0 - so i guess while rerolling their is a way to skip that part of the tutorial.

Rixa

I hope you never evolve that Luffy.

I did notice in my BB run that Luffy is great way to stall and cost is only 1. Thanks for the head ups, will keep it as it is now unless Iam forced to do something to it (in story Iam in Little Garden).

Grats Rixa...pretty nice - with Cavendish you should have any issues getting Monster Chopper as well or most STR Raidboss in general.
He got the account from EMT0 - so i guess while rerolling their is a way to skip that part of the tutorial.

Edit: It seems I mixed 2 units:

Does Marcos Eneru skill override Cavendish skill? Or do they stack? With my run I didn't test that, only used Cavendish skill, so if Eneru's skill boost Cavendish damage even more o_O.

Ok so, almost max stamina and 342 xp to level, lets test something:
-> Choose Eneru friend
-> Go to BB 40 blindly without any idea how much enemy does damage:

Great I survived, time to stall:
Screenshot_20170130-103217.png

(At 4/5 wave I used GPU so I had enough time to kill everything).

Boss:
Screenshot_20170130-103801.png

Lucky hit with Shiryu
Screenshot_20170130-103814.png

I couldn't test if Cavendish + Eneru skills do work.

Does Marcos Eneru skill override Cavendish skill? Or do they stack? With my run I didn't test that, only used Cavendish skill, so if Eneru's skill boost Cavendish damage even more o_O.
I couldn't test if Cavendish + Eneru skills do work.

They shouldn't stack, even if Cavendish only boosts himself it still counts as a type or orb boost.

He'll only stack with boosts that don't match his own type of boosts, I think Kizaru would stack with him iirc.

Rixa

Hah thats awesome...many i want Shiryu so bad haha.

This time the 25% worked at first try. No clue how much BB 40 sta does damage as first hit so I wasn't sure can I use Shiryu more than 2 times or do I survive BB first hit turn.

Risky strategy if boss is immune to GPU, but better than no try + I was going to lose that stamina anyways due to rank up being so close and not able to play (thanks irl).

But this will help me alot to get other stuff I could not get earlier (Rainbow Dragon wiped my ass when I tried it first time) :D.

Hana-Bi

Since we won't be getting a skill up event this week I fed my Kimono Nami books to her and at least got some skill ups. Might try to max Alvida but out of 20 copies so far no skill ups.

Really curious about the anni sugo now. I'd prefer the TS Luffy batch over Akainu tbh. :)

Since we won't be getting a skill up event this week I fed my Kimono Nami books to her and at least got some skill ups. Might try to max Alvida but out of 20 copies so far no skill ups.

Really curious about the anni sugo now. I'd prefer the TS Luffy batch over Akainu tbh. :)

Honestly, I don't think they'll put in a new batch for the anniversary sugo. I can't see them putting the new Coby out before the Akainu raid happens lest we have another HW Robin situation. People will be pulling with the expectation of a higher legend pull rate. It would make more sense to hold a new batch for a different sugo to encourage people to pull then. I think we're more likely to see a 3 day sugo with different units boosted each day. Maybe they'll incorporate some half-baked Facebook voting system to make us feel like we're contributing to something.

Top Bottom