• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Dawg

Yeah, this is probably the wise plan. Although I just ignored my own advice and did one more pull and got Curiel, which is new. So at least I get something out of this sugo.

My longterm plan is to only do 1-2 pulls per sugo until both the Revolutionaries and CP9 come out (there will probably be an errant sugo somewhere in there with Legend Croc and maybe Log Ace and Bon Clay, too), then do a good amount (8-10) when both those pools are available. After that, I'll go back to conservation until both Dofy family batches are available.

That being said, the Revolutionaries are the set I've been waiting a lot for, so it'll be hard to ignore that one til CP9 also comes out. Hopefully I'll be lucky and get one of 'em in the 1-2 pulls I allow.

New units would probably convince me. I feel like not pulling on sugo anymore unless they include new units. Bigger pools means less duplicates. In theory.

I'd probably still manage to pull Mr 3, a random zoro and usopp... even with twice as many units :>

Hana-Bi

So, what are the best teams for Blackbeard? Only farmed one copy so far and my blue characters aren't that high leveled so I think I'll do a double Jozu run.

Jozu/Jozu
Kaku/Killer
Iva/Capone

Don't know if Iva and Capone on the bottom row is the right order though.

Verelios

Every ship is at 8 or 9 right now just because. I wanted to get WBa ship but it got so increasingly difficult at later stages it wasn't feasible now.

RedBoot

So, what are the best teams for Blackbeard? Only farmed one copy so far and my blue characters aren't that high leveled so I think I'll do a double Jozu run.

Jozu/Jozu
Kaku/Killer
Iva/Capone

It's fine, assuming you weren't planning on using the Capone/Iva orb combo, since BB locks one of your bottom two. But you want Kaku available, and if Killer's high level, he's probably going to be your best attacker.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Jozu/Jozu
Kaku/Killer
Iva/Capone

Enel!

New units would probably convince me. I feel like not pulling on sugo anymore unless they include new units. Bigger pools means less duplicates. In theory.

I'd probably still manage to pull Mr 3, a random zoro and usopp... even with twice as many units :>

New batches + getting most units I genuinly care to level over 70-80 is usually what I wait for.

I always try to have at least 3-4 units that I can focus on leveling around. By the time I run out I invest more in Sugo.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Well, my Enelis only level 85 and skill level 1. should this be enough to run a double Enel team or should I sub him in my double Jozu team?

This guy doesn't have a single skill up.

You dont need any maxed specials.
You can stall enough with double Enel because heals you.

If you dont have/maxed the sunny ship you can use Diable Jambe Sanji to kill the mobs around the purple guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pal_owoCUaY

Tidd

I guess I'll try out a whitebeard team for Blackbeard if anyone runs one. So don't delete my non maxed WB. xP Otherwise I'll go with a Doffy/Mihawk team. I guess this will be faster than a double Enel team.

Why?

*Achievement Unlocked*

I maxed every ship so far (except whitebeard's because fuck u RNG) and already saved up 500 cola again. So why not? :D

Copons

Today I did a couple of runs in Whitebeard forest, after months since the last time I tried.

2x Log Luffy
Doffy
Alvida
Perona
GP Usopp

I got much farther than when I went in with 2x Rayleigh. Best run, I died at round 19, because I forgot to stall for Usopp at the lobsters.
Speaking of, those goddamn lobsters were where I used to die. Now instead, I just need to activate Perona and kill them all with a Log Luffy special.
Now, if only I remember doing so at the last possible turn instead of immediately after wasting the Usopp special. :D

I'm going to run this team for Blackbeard:

tBcVxmb.jpg

With a friend Enel that has at least 4 despair sockets I'll have level 1 resistance. In reality, it shouldn't really matter because with matching orbs I should be able to kill Blackbeard when he's just above 50% health before he even starts silencing. I'm only contemplating whether I should have Capone or Ivankov in the bottom row. I'm inclined to leave it as is since I'm assuming the orb socket works with Ivankov's special, which at the very least guarantees that he gets a QCK orb. It might even be better to sub Killer for Jimbe since that would guarantee me 2 QCK orbs with both his and Ivankov's specials.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Double checked with a couple players. Orb socket does not work with specials (ie. Ivankov, Kalifa) that state specifically what the orbs have a chance of being. It only works with true random shuffle specials (ie. Vivi, etc).

It might be best to just throw your socket units in the bottom row, unless you really need that guaranteed QCK orb from Ivankov or Jimbe, whomever you decide to run.

For those that have the Moby Dick and are running Enel tonight, that ship may be better served than the Merry. By the time you get to the boss you'll undoubtedly have full health and if you have Lv1 Silence, will be able to easily tank 1-2 hits no sweat. That includes Blackbeard's liberation special.

RedBoot

Double checked with a couple players. Orb socket does not work with specials (ie. Ivankov, Kalifa) that state specifically what the orbs have a chance of being. It only works with true random shuffle specials (ie. Vivi, etc).

I've read that as well. Always confused me, since I've read that Legend Shanks increases the chances of Garp's special producing PSY orbs, though I guess that could be wrong.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

It might be best to just throw your socket units in the bottom row, unless you really need that guaranteed QCK orb from Ivankov or Jimbe, whomever you decide to run.

For those that have the Moby Dick and are running Enel tonight, that ship may be better served than the Merry. By the time you get to the boss you'll undoubtedly have full health and if you have Lv1 Silence, will be able to easily tank 1-2 hits no sweat. That includes Blackbeard's liberation special.
As a peon level 9 WB Ship owner, is it worth the damage drop?

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I've read that as well. Always confused me, since I've read that Legend Shanks increases the chances of Garp's special producing PSY orbs, though I guess that could be wrong.

Ironically enough, I think Shanks is the exception. I wonder if it has to do with how the captain ability mechanic works versus how sockets are interpreted. If we ever get an INT raid, I'll be able to test it out then.

Incidentally, Korial was actually the person who tested out the orb socket/randomization special(s) theory and confirmed what was what.

As a peon level 9 WB Ship owner, is it worth the damage drop?

Based on the damage calculator, you may be looking at roughly a 20,000-50,000 drop (without/with orbs) then with specials it's upwards to a 120,000+ drop (with orbs). It looks to be negligible, I would think you could run it given the extra hits you'll have provided your team has Lv1 silence. So you'll be able to easily make up for that extra damage.

It all depends how you want your runs to be, like not the fastest and super easy or as fast as possible and in/out. Highly consider placing Ivan/Log in your bottom row. My Enel team is currently setup like that, they're there mainly for sockets with Kaku/Thatch in the middle row.

Mazre

New JP update is nice

Fortnights are now grouped up on the stage select screen so you select stage then difficulty.

Friend select seems to be the old way + now if a friend has a matching captain in one of their slots they're available and labelled as such. Doesn't help when you're mixing and matching but anytime you're doubling up it'll help you find more friend captains. (went from like 1-2 Sengokus to Sengoku...Sengoku everywhere)

xrokis

It all depends how you want your runs to be, like not the fastest and super easy or as fast as possible and in/out. Highly consider placing Ivan/Log in your bottom row. My Enel team is currently setup like that, they're there mainly for sockets with Kaku/Thatch in the middle row.

is your enel special maxed? mine has a 30 cd so i have to rely on friendcaptains or stall for 30 turns. a jozu/jozu team would probably be faster..
i got max boa and marco and still unsure what team to even run :/

koryuken

is your enel special maxed? mine has a 30 cd so i have to rely on friendcaptains or stall for 30 turns. a jozu/jozu team would probably be faster..
i got max boa and marco and still unsure what team to even run :/

I farmed him with double Boa quite easily last time. Try it out, shouldn't be too hard.

New JP update is nice

Fortnights are now grouped up on the stage select screen so you select stage then difficulty.

Friend select seems to be the old way + now if a friend has a matching captain in one of their slots they're available and labelled as such. Doesn't help when you're mixing and matching but anytime you're doubling up it'll help you find more friend captains. (went from like 1-2 Sengokus to Sengoku...Sengoku everywhere)
Did they do the old fortnights revamp yet?

Oh and it appears that Guest Captains now provide their Captain Ability.

Mazre

Did they do the old fortnights revamp yet?

Oh and it appears that Guest Captains now provide their Captain Ability.

Not sure on the old fortnights, currently all active fortnights are ones unreleased in global (vice-warden, young arlong, tom). Buggy/Alvida should be back next week though.

Just confirmed guest captains giving bonus as well. Awesome.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Advice on stalling for enel's special against Blackbeard? I can never last the 30+ turns.

I feel like I'm missing something.

Kaku L75
Ivankov Lv79
Capone Lv 87
Jozu Lv 89
DJ Sanji Lv 79
Enel Lv 66

Surely some combo of 5 of these with a friend Enel or Jozu should work, right? What am I missing?

xrokis

I farmed him with double Boa quite easily last time. Try it out, shouldn't be too hard.
thanks, i was just overthinking things. i'm running an enel team now with almost no stall and still beat him reliable
Advice on stalling for enel's special against Blackbeard? I can never last the 30+ turns.

I feel like I'm missing something.

Kaku L75
Ivankov Lv79
Capone Lv 87
Jozu Lv 89
DJ Sanji Lv 79
Enel Lv 66

Surely some combo of 5 of these with a friend Enel or Jozu should work, right? What am I missing?
do you get silence lvl 1 without your friendcaptain?
i put doffy for sockets and my biggest QCK hitters in my team.
i'm not even using enels special. otherwise you could bring brook for extra heal

pelicansurf

Based on the damage calculator, you may be looking at roughly a 20,000-50,000 drop (without/with orbs) then with specials it's upwards to a 120,000+ drop (with orbs). It looks to be negligible, I would think you could run it given the extra hits you'll have provided your team has Lv1 silence. So you'll be able to easily make up for that extra damage.

I just skipped the despair slots, since my Enel friends weren't there yet and tried Going Merry with

Enel
Doffy / Doma
Jinbe / Sanji

I get him to 50% or less and with Doma I'm guaranteed 2 orbs on both Enels (basically a 60% chance of either having yellow, purple, or blue orbs per character + Doffy switch) and he just dies after popping Doffy/Enel special. Having despair almost makes it guaranteed, but not worth the hassle of searching for a friend captain that has 5 despair or losing Sanji on the bottom row for Garp/Log (didn't farm Iva).

RedBoot

Well, the good news is my team seems to be able to handle BB pretty safely. I can win even without stalling for Enel's special (though I suspect it's a lot safer to do so). The bad news is, running BB takes a long time. :( If I don't wait for Enel's special, I only have to wait 11 turns, which I'll generally get on the way to BB himself. But I have to bash away a lot of his health before bursting down his last 20%, which takes a while. Amusingly, my team seems to have levels high enough to win, but not high enough to win fast.

I'll farm what I can, but clearing the stage 40 times (which was my goal) might be too much, especially taking sleep, work, etc, into account.

Iva's been a real MVP though. Helps with my orb manipulation, and he's providing the 5 points in orb matching all on his own. Turns out farming him was really worth it. Now, if only I could get 10 points in despair block…if I can't manage all the clears I want this time, hopefully I can socket up someone else before next time.

Hana-Bi

Is a despair socket really necessary for a Moby Dick run? I started my first Doffy with cd/heal sockets so I'd need a Enel friend with 5 points in silence...

Heng

Is a despair socket really necessary for a Moby Dick run? I started my first Doffy with cd/heal sockets so I'd need a Enel friend with 5 points in silence...
It's not needed. I don't have any sockets on my QCK characters and was able to breeze through it. Enel makes this fight a joke.

DrAg0nBoY

Well my phone broke yesterday ... Thank god that the password stuff now works for 3 months or else I would be f'd.

Got the game now on my tablet. Will see how much I will play it now, lol.

Majukun

so.. for blackbeard I might try

2x jozu
lucci
doflamingo
doma
ivankov

with both Iva and Doffy I get Lv 1 anti lock and anti despair.. it should make everything easier.. anything I didn't consider?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So, someone maxed the new pica
Captain ability:tough characters 2.25x attack +1.5x hp
Special:two stages, 1st stage turn Ambition and Tough characters' empty or weak orb into matching orbs + 10%hp reduction
2nd stage, turn characters' empty or weak orb into matching orbs + 20%hp reduction

http://i.imgur.com/oGG77ko.png

pelicansurf

So, someone maxed the new pica
Captain ability:tough characters 2.25x attack +1.5x hp
Special:two stages, 1st stage turn Ambition and Tough characters' empty or weak orb into matching orbs + 10%hp reduction
2nd stage, turn characters' empty or weak orb into matching orbs + 20%hp reduction

http://i.imgur.com/oGG77ko.png

An example 6 star Doffy team. Seems SW Ace shooter team caliber, albeit without the back to back to back turns of burst.

http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...:99,933:99,924:99C1,10B0D0E1365Q0L0G0R24S100H

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
The new event coming, fortnight and all, is a snoozer. I may legitimately take the full two weeks off which sounds alright in my books!

The double Enel team is hilarious, if you have Lv1 silence it is a no stall run. You can mow through the first four stages and just chip away at Blackbeard once you get to him. Moby Dick helps for even more health, but I don't think you need it just meat heal if it pops up. Hell you don't even need specials. I'm absolutely surprised at the ease of this run, it's 3 minutes and you're out, like 12-15 turns total... 17 at the worst including the pre-emptive turn! And if you're running a WB team, you're already purposefully stalling for that long.

Does anyone know who these K.ID tagged people are in game? I randomly got 4 friend requests via ID search and three of them have that tag. The only way I could think this is possible is if someone saw that I had Enel skill maxed and shared my ID with them.

Tidd

We will get Zephyr or Aokiji next week!!!
Why? We have two psy "choose your own turtle time" before the next raidboss and after that we have an extra int turtle time. So you can prepare your Psy team and afterwards you can level up your newly acquired raidboss.
hahaha even I don't believe this.

Kyou

We will get Zephyr or Aokiji next week!!!
Why? We have two psy "choose your own turtle time" before the next raidboss and after that we have an extra int turtle time. So you can prepare your Psy team and afterwards you can level up your newly acquired raidboss.
hahaha even I don't believe this.
I can see it now...

"Enel Returns!!"

Lucy... how on earth do you have a max skilled max leveled Enel and no sockets on him? What crazy machinations are you up to?

edit: nvm. I assume you fed and leveled him before sockets came out. Kinda forgot that happened.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Also do we know which Fortnight will return after Krieg ? I need none of the skillbooks Sadi-chan drops :-/

Lucy... how on earth do you have a max skilled max leveled Enel and no sockets on him? What crazy machinations are you up to?

I think he max skills every raid boss the day they arrive.
To be fair when Enel dropped we didnt know when exactly we were to get Sockets...still hardcore outside of skillup event xD

Having Doffy and Enel really trivialized the difficulty of the BB raid. I can take him down in ~7 min via stalling on stage one + four to get my Killer's skill ready and a full matching orb board. Then pop Doffy and one Enel on round one for super burst and pop Iva + Enel + Killer on round two to finish him off.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
All done thankfully, took 42 copies total went for 5/5 lock and cooldown.

After deciding not to bother stalling anymore, the 2x Enel team was bananas. I was missing combos, ignoring the hitting order; it was amazing given how tenacious I played this raid the first time with Whitebeard and being cautious with HP and turns. This go around was the exact opposite and frankly a lot more fun!

Only Doffy and Enel left to redo now down the road (for myself), to which the growing sockets we've all been working so hard toward will help in running those raids again I imagine.

edit: nvm. I assume you fed and leveled him before sockets came out. Kinda forgot that happened.

Yep. Moving forward ideally that'll be the last time I do that. I say this now, but I have a penchant for crazy. I do think ultimately for myself it'll be a matter of our timeline of when we have a splv event coming and our box space. I've already stopped trying to skill max fortnight units without the rate up.

As per you being ID searched, it's definitely being shared by someone to someone else. I tend to raise an eyebrow to those searches, unless it's GAF.

It's not needed at all. Only in what I recommended in regards to a super no nonsense easy run with extra HP as insurance. Another player I talk to had a similar setup as me and was using Merry instead of Moby Dick. Even if you stalled minimally, bursting down with Doffy/Kaku or whomever at the right moment is all you need.

I would say having Lv1 despair as standard at this stage for us right now is somewhat of a rarity without a bit of prep. It just so happened that with fighting Blackbeard it's an outright cheat to ignore his main gimmick which prevents us from attacking at full strength.

ElChado

Neo Member

I guess i need to check this myself then as i could swear any orb boost rates do not affect subset shuffles and garp is no exception thus shanks captain ability should not affect it.

By the way the other day i decided to see what kind of % chance psy orbs get from 1 legend shanks, and after 45 shuffles, or 270 orbs, found that psy rose to around 35% chance to appear while other types hovered around 10-12%, and tandems plummeted to about 5%.

At first i was running a double wb team to farm bb, then decided to try enel. By gawd enel is so much nicer, slapped on my moby dick for 20k hp. The only hard part was i had 9 points in despair socket so i had to make sure my friend had at least 1 single despair point.

Ended up going enel/enel killer/kaku middle, capone/ivankov bottom, iva for sockets and self orb, capone for strongest quick i have, i sometimes didn't even use kaku.

The new event coming, fortnight and all, is a snoozer. I may legitimately take the full two weeks off which sounds alright in my books!

The double Enel team is hilarious, if you have Lv1 silence it is a no stall run. You can mow through the first four stages and just chip away at Blackbeard once you get to him. Moby Dick helps for even more health, but I don't think you need it just meat heal if it pops up. Hell you don't even need specials. I'm absolutely surprised at the ease of this run, it's 3 minutes and you're out, like 12-15 turns total... 17 at the worst including the pre-emptive turn! And if you're running a WB team, you're already purposefully stalling for that long.

Yep surprisingly easy with double enel and despair level 1, just smash through it 0 stall 0 specials.

I agree it's another slow boring daily gem event, i expect the march 14-29th daily gem event to have skill rate up as it'll be about 5-7 weeks since the last one.

ALSO. Important note!

If you want to skip the 2 weeks go for it, BUT, did you notice sadi-chan is the fortnight with Manticore with 100% defense reduction 18cd at max? That's the big reason im going to farm sadie.

Top Bottom