• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

You want Sadi-chan though. She's hot.

Is that a good enough reason to have someone take up box space?

KfGYfHQm.png

...Maybe.

Majukun

currently at work, so I'm gonna farm teach later, but I'm happy to know that anti despair makes it so easy.. with double jozu and the ability to attack him twice it's gonna be easy.. also no checking his HPs
Is that a good enough reason to have someone take up box space?

KfGYfHQm.png

...Maybe.
I basically have them. as socket container.. you end up with tons of them and if you ever going to need a specific socket and nothing more you just pop one of the giants in

If you want to skip the 2 weeks go for it, BUT, did you notice sadi-chan is the fortnight with Manticore with 100% defense reduction 18cd at max? That's the big reason im going to farm sadie.

That's sounds reasonable until you realize that the Manticore is a secret stage and requires 16 skill level ups. But don't let that stop you.

edit: It looks like the stage drops a skillbook for him to, so that makes it considerably less unreasonable. The dream is still alive. I'll probably just stick to Helmeppo though.

Majukun

does the manticore destroys the defense of all enemies or just one? because if it's just one it's useless for a princess run as long as you have a decently skilled up Vista and DJ sanji

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It should be Morgan. But the announcement says he comes back in October. XD

Thanks ...but ouch...thats kinda bad :-/
Its been a while is the Helmeppo droprate good on that stage ? I might try to socket him then.

Gizuko

Can't beat BB 40 (my qck team is pretty underleveled), so now I have to choose whether to run BB 30 until he drops or ignore him altogether and run water 7.

By the way, regarding unit leveling... I was going to go with: lvl 50 for useful but niche units, 70 for frequently used units and max for legends/truly important units but... is it best to focus on a single unit or level most units evenly?

I'm guessing since exp/level increases the higher the level, getting lower level units up to speed first is more efficient, but having Sw Shanks I'm tempted to just throw most/all turtles at him until he gets to 70+.

I got myself an amazing anti-BB team:

Enel/Enel
Jimbe/Capone
Usopp/Log Luffy

Usopp + Log guarantee my anti-silence socket & level 1 slot boost.

enel's heal + that DEMOLISH BB.

Don't even need to use enel's special.

MiTYH

Beat BB with a Doffy/Mihawk/Doffy/Lucci/Kuro/Brooke team. It helps having anti-despair on from the doffys (only friend was maxxed special, I stalled long enough). But I don't have enough friends with powers to make this viable.

Switched to a Enel/Jozu team with all QCK memebers, went just fine.

RedBoot

I basically have them. as socket container.. you end up with tons of them and if you ever going to need a specific socket and nothing more you just pop one of the giants in

Yeah, I'm actually doing the same with a Skilled Gunner (since the Kuromarimo stage in Drum drops 1-2 of him per run). I've got him max skilled (the amazing Iron Shield), a few levels from max exp, and 2 sockets from max. He's actually got two sockets and his stats aren't terrible, so he might come in handy for a shooter team someday. You know, if we ever get a shooter lead.

That's sounds reasonable until you realize that the Manticore is a secret stage and requires 16 skill level ups. But don't let that stop you.

edit: It looks like the stage drops a skillbook for him to, so that makes it considerably less unreasonable. The dream is still alive. I'll probably just stick to Helmeppo though.

Yeah, having the skillbooks will make it easier, assuming they drop frequently. If they have the same drop rate as Aisa's books, though, it ain't happening. I had no problems max skilling Inuppe outside of a skill up event, so I'm hopeful.

Thanks ...but ouch...thats kinda bad :-/
Its been a while is the Helmeppo droprate good on that stage ? I might try to socket him then.

Socketing Helmeppo's probably the best activity for the Morgan fortnight, yeah. Slasher Helmeppo is still useful, and getting cooldown reduction on Choreboy Helmeppo would help with Princess Turtles.

Totakeke

Got my the Sengoku account back, yay. Now to look for friend leads and to do lots of grinding.

This was posted on reddit.
01.03 (19:00 PST) - 08.03 (18:59 PST) Morgan
08.03 (19:00 PST) - 15.03 (18:59 PST) Prisoner Croc
15.03 (19:00 PST) - 22.03 (18:59 PST) Duck Squad
22.03 (19:00 PST) - 29.03 (18:59 PST) Afro Luffy
29.03 (19:00 PST) - 05.04 (18:59 PST) Hina

Hana-Bi

Wanted to farm Blackbeard today, but I think I only have like two hours max to farm him later.

But he isn't that important right now, or is he?

Mixed2k

Man as a new player I really want a decent repeated fortnight to show up. Ever since I started playing there hasn't been anything good. Need those Alvidas, Smokers, Peronas, Luccis, Cobys, Hinas etc.
Edit: and now that I got log vivi, add monster chopper and mihawk raids, I know that old players are probably tired of those but for me it would be a blessing.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
If you want to skip the 2 weeks go for it, BUT, did you notice sadi-chan is the fortnight with Manticore with 100% defense reduction 18cd at max? That's the big reason im going to farm sadie.

Yeah, having the skillbooks will make it easier, assuming they drop frequently. If they have the same drop rate as Aisa's books, though, it ain't happening. I had no problems max skilling Inuppe outside of a skill up event, so I'm hopeful.

I thought about this too, it's the only thing that stood out for Sadie's fortnight. I'm guessing Manticore's book drop rate maybe like Ryuma/Aisa given he's the secret character. I can see him being useful to a degree, perhaps with helping in speed runs for the princess turtle isle. But in that case we have so many other units already to consider:

Croc
Helmeppo
Log Nami
Sanji
Vista
Enel
Dog Penguin
Tilestone
Etc.

Ultimately looking ahead, what would the +/- for more runs be? I'm not doubting his usefulness to whatever special case he could be used. But my counter is the runs required to skill max Manticore versus the options we have already, if he's explicitly used for the princess turtle isle only, are plentiful.

Thanks for posting this. Hmm, looks like that second week with Croc won't be a dud and with Duck Squad, Afro, Hina coming back too... something may have to give if the primary fortnight is decent.

Also great to hear you got your Sengoku account back!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Blackbeard 40 sta totally easy with this team:

Enel/Enel, Killer, Mihawk, Kaku, Jimbei

Stall on stage 4 on the purple guy as much as you can... when BB is before 20% HP use all specials and kill him.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Damage

Enel special = 20000

Killer special = 124700

Goddamn, Killer really IS a killer.

Majukun

Wanted to farm Blackbeard today, but I think I only have like two hours max to farm him later.

But he isn't that important right now, or is he?
well if you have it with a CD of at max 18 you can farm duval extremely easy, and if you have it with a CD of at least 25,you can also easily farm doflamingo, albeit slowly

MiTYH

This truly is the poor man's BB raid.

I find that Enel/Jozu/ a bunch of quick units is easy peasy with this raid, AS LONG AS you have despair Level 1. For that, I'm running Enel friend, Jozu leader, Kaku/Brooke, and Mihawk and G3.

G3 is my only unit with 5 in despair (GP Usopp has 4, sadly), and Mihawk has 2. As long as my Enel friend has 3, I'm golden, and it's been working really well for me so far. It's just SO EASY to stall with him. I'd imagine double Enel works well too, but I enjoy have the extra HP as a buffer.

Just got a stamina from the snails too! More BB here I come!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Farmed 10 BB copies today and didnt get a single useful Socket from them...thats..erm...quite annoying. So im dont for this time. Hope you guys have more luck with Sockets.
Got my the Sengoku account back, yay. Now to look for friend leads and to do lots of grinding.

Great to hear !!
Socketing Helmeppo's probably the best activity for the Morgan fortnight, yeah. Slasher Helmeppo is still useful, and getting cooldown reduction on Choreboy Helmeppo would help with Princess Turtles.
Yeah my Choreboy is already max skilled but Slasher Helmepoo has been essential to my Slasher team since Day 1 - will try to buff him with Sockets.

koryuken

An example 6 star Doffy team. Seems SW Ace shooter team caliber, albeit without the back to back to back turns of burst.

http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...:99,933:99,924:99C1,10B0D0E1365Q0L0G0R24S100H

Hope you are good at hitting perfects 100% of the time :)

PS. You do have back to back turns of burst - two Doffy captains, so you get orb amplification for two turns. Trebol locks orbs for a second turn of burst and Caesar's attack boost is for two turns. Compared to SW Ace's team, you do more damage, but you have to hit all perfects 12 times (lol) and your HP is much lower.

Hana-Bi

well if you have it with a CD of at max 18 you can farm duval extremely easy, and if you have it with a CD of at least 25,you can also easily farm doflamingo, albeit slowly

My first Doffy is max level/max skill/ max heal/ max cd. I think LL is better for Doffy farming. :)

Maybe I'll have more time today for the farming. Tried my first runs right now and wow is Blackbeard a joke even without a max level/ max skilled Enel. The first run I stalled for the special of Enel but in my last run I just run through the stages and all I need is my Iva and Doffy special to kill him when he is right over/under 20%.

My team is:

Enel / Enel
Doffy / Iva
LL / Jimbe

LL is for the silence socket.

ElChado

Neo Member
Yeah, I'm actually doing the same with a Skilled Gunner (since the Kuromarimo stage in Drum drops 1-2 of him per run). I've got him max skilled (the amazing Iron Shield), a few levels from max exp, and 2 sockets from max. He's actually got two sockets and his stats aren't terrible, so he might come in handy for a shooter team someday. You know, if we ever get a shooter lead.

I'd rather wait for the cobymeppo fortnight to return as that has decent pirate experience and a decent drop rate on helmeppo himself.

I thought about this too, it's the only thing that stood out for Sadie's fortnight. I'm guessing Manticore's book drop rate maybe like Ryuma/Aisa given he's the secret character. I can see him being useful to a degree, perhaps with helping in speed runs for the princess turtle isle. But in that case we have so many other units already to consider:

Croc
Helmeppo
Log Nami
Sanji
Vista
Enel
Dog Penguin
Tilestone
Etc.

Ultimately looking ahead, what would the +/- for more runs be? I'm not doubting his usefulness to whatever special case he could be used. But my counter is the runs required to skill max Manticore versus the options we have already, if he's explicitly used for the princess turtle isle only, are plentiful.

Thanks for posting this. Hmm, looks like that second week with Croc won't be a dud and with Duck Squad, Afro, Hina coming back too... something may have to give if the primary fortnight is decent.

Also great to hear you got your Sengoku account back!

I mean the fastest princess team right now is a -3cd lead, preferably duval for his combo, dog penguin and general zombie for low cd fixed damage to all with 0 special animation, and the final 2 are a mix between enel/helmeppo/manticore/sw luffy.

Enel is preferred as he has a 17 cd max, and sw luffy and manticore tie at 18cd while helmeppo is 20, the big thing is if manticore has an actual special animation and if so how fast or slow it is compared to sw luffy, since helmeppo is 2 turns longer.

If you don't care about the 2 turns or bank on getting and maxing sw luffy then ignore manticore, also if you dont care about another rare 100% def reducing special.

I want to see how rare or common his books are first to decide if i'll attempt maxing manticore.

RedBoot

I'd rather wait for the cobymeppo fortnight to return as that has decent pirate experience and a decent drop rate on helmeppo himself.

Yeah, better books and the chance to socket Coby too. Morgan does have the upped XP levels though, that's where it started. I'd still run Sadie over Morgan, unless you really want to skill level some Choppers. :p

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Advice on stalling for enel's special against Blackbeard? I can never last the 30+ turns.

I feel like I'm missing something.

Kaku L75
Ivankov Lv79
Capone Lv 87
Jozu Lv 89
DJ Sanji Lv 79
Enel Lv 66

Surely some combo of 5 of these with a friend Enel or Jozu should work, right? What am I missing?

So, I was an idiot with my stalling. With double Enel captains, and Kaku and doffy in the middle, and Ivankov and capone on the bottom, it's trivial to stallfor specials against mobs, and to burst blackbeard down

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I mean the fastest princess team right now is a -3cd lead, preferably duval for his combo, dog penguin and general zombie for low cd fixed damage to all with 0 special animation, and the final 2 are a mix between enel/helmeppo/manticore/sw luffy.

Enel is preferred as he has a 17 cd max, and sw luffy and manticore tie at 18cd while helmeppo is 20, the big thing is if manticore has an actual special animation and if so how fast or slow it is compared to sw luffy, since helmeppo is 2 turns longer.

If you don't care about the 2 turns or bank on getting and maxing sw luffy then ignore manticore, also if you dont care about another rare 100% def reducing special.

I want to see how rare or common his books are first to decide if i'll attempt maxing manticore.

Nah I get you. I saw you originally post that team in the sub-reddit and I appreciate the thoroughness in team composition.

For me, personally and I preface this as my opinion.

The bottomline becomes total additional XP acquired through speed runs of the princess turtle versus the amount of runs required to actually acquire enough units to fully skill max Manticore.

If we're talking about saving 10-15s per run, even with no animation for his special? That's what maybe a ballpark of 2-3 more runs perhaps? For a total of maybe... 500,000 XP? Is that extra XP really worth it long term in regards to the investment of time and effort for Manticore? I'm an anomalous player but I know at some point we've all acquired at the very least 100 skillbooks that we didn't need and that's what 500,000 XP also is, 100 skillbook fodder.

Manticore's special is definitely unique, 100% debuff to defense for all enemies? That's pretty good. My gamble to not bothering with the unit is more so along the lines of where I actually need to use that. I find it highly doubtful Bamco would provide an encounter in the game where that exact mechanic is needed/necessary to defeat something that wouldn't have an alternate method to win.

Manticore is also 15 splvs. That's more than/equal to a raid boss, where a raid at 40 stamina is 100% drop rate and doing Sadi's fortnight even at the expert 30 stamina level is definitely not even half that for a guaranteed Manticore drop (unit/skillbook).

Kyou

They even come with a boat this time! Albeit kind of a crummy one.

I really want to give Kuro's boat a shot when that comes out, though. Seems like it'd be good for QCK teams.

I'll wait to level it, I wanna make sure I max the sunny right away whenever we get it

RedBoot

I'll wait to level it, I wanna make sure I max the sunny right away whenever we get it

Ah, forgot about the Sunny. Yeah, that one takes priority. I figure it'll replace the Merry, I'd rather have some free damage than 300hp.

Wasn't it Hina's FN when the XP got bumped up?

GameWith agrees with you, so yeah, seems like it was Hina. I could've sworn it was Morgan, though. I remember getting a lot of levels when that one first came around, as it was the first time I could comfortably clear the highest difficulty on a fortnight.

Majukun

was pretty occupied the entire day but managed to get my 20 Teach..if i have average luck,they should be enough to max his skill at the next skillup event..if not,it's no biggie..

Dawg

seriously..what would we do without the french translators regularly fucking something up and gving namco an excuse for some free gems?

I am honestly surprised they give us gems for that every single time. It seems to happen every week as of late.

chrono01

Blackbeard makes it apparent, that I need stronger QCK units.

I've been using:

Jozu/Jozu
Capone
Kaku
Hina
Ivankov

The problem I have, is Kaku is usually locked so I can't pair him with Hina. Ideally I'd like to put Ivankov in the lower slot, along with Kaku/Hina. Have Ivankov locked, knock Blackbeard's health down to around 20%, then use Capone, Kaku, and Hina to finish him off. It doesn't happen, though, so I BARELY kill him before he kills me, unless I get lucky with orbs. It doesn't help that a few of the members are around Level 40-50.

Oh well, maybe I'll have Killer when he returns. That's the hope.

Congrats to everyone finishing off their Blackbeard! I'll have to wait until later to reliably farm him. :(

(My Enel isn't evolved, ~_~)

Tip for anyone having trouble building a team due to BB's lock potentially screwing them over: You can force close the app, restart and choose to continue the battle in order to redo the random lock until he locks the one you want him too.

I had to do this the first time around, but now I have no problem with the fight due to having Enel and Doffy.

ah_hia

After failing 5 times with Blackbeard, I found that garp along with Marco and burst is the best team for me at the moment. SUCKS that I had to fail 5 times with jozu

Verelios

Tip for anyone having trouble building a team due to BB's lock potentially screwing them over: You can force close the app, restart and choose to continue the battle in order to redo the random lock until he locks the one you want him too.

I had to do this the first time around, but now I have no problem with the fight due to having Enel and Doffy.
I wish I knew this beforehand. I kept moving Kaku around and BB kept locking him at an uncanny degree.

With Kaku unlocked I just burst him down. Without him, I'm left with like 10% of BBs health or less.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Enel makes BB a jooooke. I can burst him down from like 75% lol. I'm 4 CD / 4 Lock, but I'm on a business trip and have only gotten like 20 runs in.

What does the Boa ship do in Japan?

Majukun

Enel makes BB a jooooke. I can burst him down from like 75% lol. I'm 4 CD / 4 Lock, but I'm on a business trip and have only gotten like 20 runs in.

What does the Boa ship do in Japan?

1.5x ATK + 1.35x HP to Freedom
Reduces the HP of every class but Freedom by a significant amount (the Aisa kind of reduction it seems)
15 turn special that heals the crew by 6,500 HP

Mazre

INT Jinbe legend being added to JP along with second half of the new strawhat batch. Franky's new special animation is pretty great

Top Bottom