• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Considering there are 8 other legends that should've dropped... maan, sorry you ended up with a copy. Right on with the Thatch though, he'll be extremely handy down the road.

Yeah I'm pleased with Thatch!

To be honest the only reason I decided to pull was to laugh at the rest of the thread if I got something good, so I think getting another Log luffy is basically karma getting back at me. :p

Argh, wave 19 of the Whitebeard Forest is going to be the end of me. The mid combo target switching is becoming a real pain to spread around the damage and should I happen to manage to kill Rakuyo before he attacks, which is required to win, being able to beat Vista in no more than 2 turns without incredible orb luck is next to impossible since he has a 2 turn cooldown and silences your captains for 1 turn when he attacks.

The way I see it, I have a few options:
1) Wait till I finish the matching orb socket on my GP Usopp and pray to the RNG gods.
2) Swap out Doffy for Mihawk for a better damage spread on wave 19.
3) Switch to G3/G3 or Rayleigh/G3 to get level 1 bind and despair sockets and sacrifice some of my healing potential.

I wish I could get this monkey off my back since I'm approaching max cola again and I'd rather not waste it on ships I'm not going to use. Has anyone here beaten the WB forest that wasn't using a Log Luffy team?

Gizuko

Did two more pulls, inspired by the misfortune here and got... Vista!

And 4* Pell. Seriously, this sugo is the worst.
I can still use Pell since he only has ~300hp more than laboon, but oh well.

Mixed2k

9 pulls got
Fine Tempo Nami
Blamenco
Thatch
Ice Witch Whitey Bay

and this junk
v1 chopper
v1 arm point chopper
v1 sanji
Fire pearl
Miss Goldenweek

I got some ok units but the amount of junk dropped is really frustrating.
I should probably save until Nico Robin has higher rate or something.

By the way considering that Mihawk is probably the easiest raidboss, can this possible team take him down when he comes up ?
G3 friend/Ray
Blamenco/Oars Jr.
Arlong/GPU

Just did 3 pulls since that was all I had the gems for.

Ended up getting

Dupe Gecko Moria
Dupe Nojiko
New Log Luffy

15 gems well worth it I suppose, that is 6 star number 2 with the boa I got before.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Argh, wave 19 of the Whitebeard Forest is going to be the end of me. The mid combo target switching is becoming a real pain to spread around the damage and should I happen to manage to kill Rakuyo before he attacks, which is required to win, being able to beat Vista in no more than 2 turns without incredible orb luck is next to impossible since he has a 2 turn cooldown and silences your captains for 1 turn when he attacks.

1) Wait till I finish the matching orb socket on my GP Usopp and pray to the RNG gods.
3) Switch to G3/G3 or Rayleigh/G3 to get level 1 bind and despair sockets and sacrifice some of my healing potential.

I wish I could get this monkey off my back since I'm approaching max cola again and I'd rather not waste it on ships I'm not going to use. Has anyone here beaten the WB forest that wasn't using a Log Luffy team?
Lucy beat him with Whitebeard, I think.

Majukun

this the results for my sugo

towel Nami (yay, finally!)
bagy (super dupe)
hotori and kotori (new but useless)
robin (6th robin pulled.. goddamnit woman, go home already)
koza (good for slasher teams and new, yay)

decent Sugofest for my standards, lol for the nth robin.. the int rate up was strong

MiTYH

Luffy v1
Sanji v1 (evolved but still)
Little Oars Jr

Happy I pulled the last time to get a new unit, Oars. Got 11 stones left and I'm saving them for a better sugo and my hopeful first legend.

Totakeke

Oh. Got one gem this morning which made it five and then Sengoku appeared. Hm.

3 weeks in, I have these three accounts
1. Whitey Bay, Nico Robin, Squard
Least number of rare recruits, but has the components of a really good INT team. Also have farmable units like Mr. 3, Aisa, Miss Doublefinger. Spent around 25 gems since initial roll.
2. Inthawk, Fossa, Namule, Capone Bege, Log Chopper, Towel Nami
Initially got this from Hisoka. Definitely the most varied account but really strong leaders are probably only Inthawk and Nami. Spent around 10 gems.
3. Towel Nami, X Drake, Gecko Moria, Rakuyo, Squard, Log Usopp, and Sengoku
Not a lot of variety in teams either, has multiple strong INT leads but probably doesn't matter too much without Nico Robin. Sengoku appearing changes things though. Spent around 45 gems.

How would you guys rank those accounts?

Majukun

Least number of rare recruits, but has the components of a really good INT team. Also have farmable units like Mr. 3, Aisa, Miss Doublefinger. Spent around 25 gems since initial roll.
Initially got this from Hisoka. Definitely the most varied account but really strong leaders are probably only Inthawk and Nami. Spent around 10 gems.
Not a lot of variety in teams either, has multiple strong INT leads but probably doesn't matter too much without Nico Robin. Sengoku appearing changes things though. Spent around 45 gems.

take the second or third.. for a beginner sengoku is probably better

I have 8 of the 10 boosted units (only missing Squard and Log Usopp), so I did 1 Sugo pull and got a dupe Rakuyo. No more pulls from me.

What's the general opinion on cp9 kaku/lucci btw?

Kitty Lucci & Human Kaku are the superior evos?

I plan on getting both versions eventually, but wanna evolve the better ones first.

Majukun

What's the general opinion on cp9 kaku/lucci btw?

Kitty Lucci & Human Kaku are the superior evos?

I plan on getting both versions eventually, but wanna evolve the better ones first.
for what I remember, the ones we'll get later have better stats, but the main reasons for farming them are their skills, and whatever is better for you depends on what characters you have

Heng

I think #3 is the best since there's another version of Mihawk that is pretty good. #2 may have more variety but I think it lacks synergy.

I think you may get more mileage out of your Rakuyo if you don't evolve him since he'll give your Sengoku a matching orb, and his CD is so short too so you could use his ability in most fortnights. Another thing to add is that Sengoku does not boost his own attack until you evolve him.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
lol i just got 2 Galdino (Mr.3) on one run.

2016-02-2419_01_26-bliap3c.png

2016-02-2419_05_12-bl8tl1h.png

and again no Jozu skill book.

6b558eca4222b571f55835ba4cf0731e.gif

ElChado

Neo Member

I beat it with double WB.

I figure i should lower my pulls to 1 from now on or just not pull till summer, 2 pulls a sugo is a slow drain and there's no real must have units anymore might just see if i can hold out till summer and finally do a bunch of pulls, but in any case.

X-drake, Vista. Drake is new so it's something, but i dont know if i'll ever use him.

Majukun

I'm really starting to get bored with this game..the fortnight is useless..i farm things for dozens and dozens of times and never get a single drop..i get the entire formula of this games is focused around that little moment ofvictory in a sea of nothing..but when you don't even get that little moment,you feel like you are playing for nothing

I'm really starting to get bored with this game..the fortnight is useless..i farm things for dozens and dozens of times and never get a single drop..i get the entire formula of this games is focused around that little moment ofvictory in a sea of nothing..but when you don't even get that little moment,you feel like you are playing for nothing

During really bad fortnights like the current bon clay one (bad char + low number of good books) I honestly tone down my gameplay & focus mostly on story char completion.

At least with story characters the RNG element is just in getting the drop to begin with, it's not like skillbooks were you're not even sure if it'll work in the end. (which is why books need to be mass farmed.)

When farming story characters I accept the fact that some might .. just not drop, so I do play with lowered expectations & focus less on optimizing stamina.

I'll play more seriously when we get worthwhile content again.

Sn4ke_911

G8rOEMe.gif

while you were momentarily distracted I stole one of your Mr. 3s who has yet to show up for me somehow

Oooh, well old Mr.3 is better anyway... but since i have good luck now with secret bosses i might give Aisa another shot.

Edit: Shit, that island is gone :/

koryuken

This is why i never farm story mode... it is boring as fuck.

Just accept the fact that characters won't drop and see story farming as a moment of blissful zen.

Then get Lucci to drop on your first try, Tilestone to drop on your 6th and laugh the day away.

Kyou

for me story farming is just "Well, gotta do something with my stamina"

if I get what I'm after great, if not eh

Gizuko

Two jozu books so far, I'm quitting. I, too, am going to farm story islands (need Enel and Mr1) and hopefully catch up with the current content.

I'll regret this once Mingo comes back, though.

ahahaha,no
it's me we are talking about.

I'll tell you this, it took me an entire week of grinding for enel with 2x.

My ...first croc dropped after 3 tries, my second croc took like 7 seperate days of farming at 2x.

I'm sure there must've been a few story chars you had luck with right? :)

Majukun

I'll tell you this, it took me an entire week of grinding for enel with 2x.

My ...first croc dropped after 3 tries, my second croc took like 7 seperate days of farming at 2x.

I'm sure there must've been a few story chars you had luck with right? :)

only characters i got in less than 2/3 stamina bars are kureha and miss monday

i wouldn't call that luck XD

RedBoot

only characters i got in less than 2/3 stamina bars are kureha and miss monday

i wouldn't call that luck XD

Kureha may arguably be one of the rarest characters available right now, since she's a non-guaranteed rare spawn on a stage. Clearly you cashed in all your luck points there. :)

But yeah, the fortnight's wearing on me too, so I'm just finding other stuff to do. I farmed about 10 sea ponies yesterday, which will be useful in the future. Thursday will be Farm Kuromarimo Until He Never Drops, Ever, Day, and Friday is BB. So I just have to figure out how to use today's stamina.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member

Hmm, I think I would vote 3.

PSY/INT teams are great because of no underlying weakness type wise.

Sengoku is by far more fortnight friendly and by that I mean the units that arrive bi-weekly/weekly to obtain fit within the cost restriction of his captain ability. This goes for units farmed through story as well. There can be a tendency to overlook some of these 4* units because they're not as strong as X acquired through rare recruit or simply their low cost as a unit makes them 'weak'.

Personally speaking I've found Sengoku to be more versatile and flexible especially with having to refarm raid bosses for sockets. A couple caveats however would be the necessity to properly level all your fortnight/story units as quickly as possible to maximize damage. And lastly... you'll be sharing Sengoku as your captain almost all the time, if you care about variety and helping others.

As Heng was saying, you'll get more mileage initially if you don't evolve Rakuyo but I would add Squard as well. Log Usopp is also an underrated delayer and in your Sengoku team would have a starting CD of 9, until you acquire GP Usopp as an alternate delayer sub.

2 is interesting mainly because of 6* Mihawk. It's a shiny new legend and the opportunity to fully socket him is readily available already so there is a quicker potential to max him out. However as stated by Heng as well, it lacks synergy and you'll need to acquire more 'specific' units.

Has anyone here beaten the WB forest that wasn't using a Log Luffy team?

I used Whitebeard. The thing about getting to Stage 19... is getting there. It's probably like a 20 minute run up to that point and can get deflating if you don't get maybe 1-3 orbs in your favor. Whitebeard also allows for more consistent damage, versus the necessity to build up the attack damage with G3 or Log Luffy and that's something I found more of a benefit given how paced the forest is.

The run I was successful in the forest was when I was more risky with 19, I did my initial damage on Izo/Ace but then jumped to doing damage to either Vista/Rakuyo on the second turn. It's on the fly calculated risks you'll have to do, as each encounter at 19 can be different based on your orbs. The safe assumption is to expect neutral orbs so that leaves you with Doffy/Mihawk and Perona to finish Ace and Izo is easily defeated with the 2-3 STR units in your crew. Sadly if you get bad orbs, the run can be a wash and that's it.

While the forest is very orb reliant, we have moderate control based on sockets now but the skill component is the manual targeting required. You have to do it to succeed and you'll have to do it twice on 19 and 20. Each encounter and the attack progression will be based on your orbs and the decision you make in regards to your attack chain.

The one suggestion I can make there is perhaps use Alvida as the 'manual target' breaker, her animation is slow enough that it allows you to switch targets calmly. You may have to sacrifice damage if say a stronger unit hits 3rd when it could've hit 4th but can't because Alvida hits 4th instead. However this leaves you with doing damage on the secondary unit you want to in the chain as opposed to not being able to do enough damage across the board. With Log Luffy you'll have to adjust based on when you juggle your hits plus getting the captain ability kicked it, this is where say running 2x Whitebeard gives more flexibility to the attack chain for consistent damage.

Hope you're successful in your next attempt Zeke, just keep at it though man.

I figure i should lower my pulls to 1 from now on or just not pull till summer, 2 pulls a sugo is a slow drain and there's no real must have units anymore might just see if i can hold out till summer and finally do a bunch of pulls, but in any case.

X-drake, Vista. Drake is new so it's something, but i dont know if i'll ever use him.

Drake is an odd unit, a fair amount of HP but really low attack. I remember early on the thought of using him for the Garp raid would've been really cool because he's basically an INT Whitebeard. But those times have come and gone and I'm with you on what to do Sugo wise from here on out.

A single new batch feels like an excuse to pull whilst two new batches would be a better reason. Whether players, myself included, can hold on for something 'much' more reasonable is a good question. Bamco clearly milks what it can with us having 48 hour Sugos as being standard and if we ever get that glowing tavern button update, the temptation will be visibly constant. What's bugging me lately are the rate ups, they've been blatantly terrible and it's becoming more and more about the allure of 6* pulls only.

We've also reached a point where the pool of characters and their usage without skillbooks is questionable (we were actually there months ago with the 2nd Whitebeard crew batch and now we already have the 3rd). And these units, other than being 'new' seemingly serve as counterpart alternatives if you didn't pull X, but pulled Y. Coupled with this, is the fact we haven't been able to use our PSY teams at all really, except maybe Hogback? There isn't enough opportunity to use what we already have and have newly pulled in the past months.

Majukun

so..is news expected later tonight?
the new event i mean?

if that's the case and we got a new raid,it's zephyr's time,just mark my post
giphy.gif

Sn4ke_911

I know where my future lies. Beyond the legendless road.

My first pull was Capone so I celebrated with one more.
lHz0dM5.jpg

Damn nice.

I pulled Mr. 5 TWICE, Mr.3 and Jimbei.... all dupes...

RalchAC

Maju-kun, you are over level 200. If you think a Fortnight is crap and you don't really need anything from it, you don't need to play the game. Nobody will stop being your friend for wasting stamina.

Don't force yourself. If you don't feel like playing one day, don't play.

And don't farm story mode much. It's awful :p

I know where my future lies. Beyond the legendless road.

My first pull was Capone so I celebrated with one more.
lHz0dM5.jpg

Nice! congrats man.

Heng

Slasher team is too slow for me to farm Chapter 15 on Water 7... I guess I'll stop playing until my friend list is refreshed.

Sn4ke_911

Slasher team is too slow for me to farm Chapter 15 on Water 7... I guess I'll stop playing until my friend list is refreshed.

Most the time i use slasher team, too lazy to switch lol.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Maju-kun, you are over level 200. If you think a Fortnight is crap and you don't really need anything from it, you don't need to play the game. Nobody will stop being your friend for wasting stamina.

Don't force yourself. If you don't feel like playing one day, don't play.

Nice! congrats man.
Yeah, I'm not into this fort night, do I've just been doing a few random runs a day, not even using all my stamina. If you force yourself to play, you'll be too burnt by the time good content comes along.

I also plan on farming a bunch of BB, so maybe that's me mentally preparing myself.

RedBoot

I subscribe to the "Story farming is Zen" club. :) Just set up a team tailored to the stage you're running, one that basically can't fail, and just tap away while doing something else (watching TV, riding an exercise bike, etc). Easy. You still only get the actual drop once in a blue moon, but it's still better to use stamina than not. (Not that I'm saying to use every drop of stamina...when I'm not feeling as up to it, I generally run a few levels in the morning, drain the stamina bar at night, and call it a day)

But yeah, right now is actually kind of a rough patch for content. It's been a while since we've had a story island (though that is changing soon, at least), the current event is pretty boring, the fortnight is lousy, and the rerun fortnight is terrible (Krieg might actually be the most useless fortnight of all. Only Buggy would give it competition there). Even Wednesday is bad, the double drop is Nanohana, and all that has is Croc, who is better farmed on Alubarna.

We're really overdue for a third fortnight rotation and some more raid bosses. I thought they were speeding those up after we got Dofy and Enel so close together, but no dice. I also kind of hope they skip Domino briefly and do a different fortnight next, she doesn't look much better than the current one.

Kyou

I'm not gonna go super crazy on BB but I'm gonna give it a good shot

Don't have too many special levels but an Enel team with Jozu should be pretty okay right?

Top Bottom