• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
If we keep going the jailer route for upcoming fortnights, nevermind this current stretch, the entirety of next month could be like this. Domino is a questionable use unit now with us having sockets already.

Captain Ability
Boosts chain multiplier by 2x, recovers 2x character's RCV in HP at the end of each turn
Sea Stone Handcuffs
Reduces Bind and Silence duration by 1 turn, locks all orbs for 1 turn
Cooldown 25 turns → 16 turns​

Her fortnight will have Boa books as the most notable rarity, along with Izo and Capone books as the other two prominent books (and Nezumi if you're into that sort of thing).

--

Sadi would arrive next:

Captain Ability
Boosts ATK by 2.5x after scoring 3 Perfects in a row
Arousal Manifesto - Red Demon Whip
Boosts ATK against enemies with reduced defense by 1.3x for 3 turns
Cooldown 20 turns → 10 turns​

Her fortnight is a complete rehash of skillbooks from Law, Vista, Slasher Croc, etc. Manticore could be an interesting unit with it's 100% defense reduction for 1 turn, but that's a cooldown from 33 → 18 turns.

--

Both units obviously have the secondary character class subset, but that's something completely different to plan for at this point in our game, for whenever Version 5.0 (?) arrives and at that point we'd be looking to Colosseum as the more interesting entry. We basically got Prisoner Croc way too early and this is what should be coming next.

I got 10 gems for my 365th day today.

I used those gems for Sugo, because why not?

I should've saved those gems.

I get those gems tomorrow, those are my BB farming gems!

Majukun

well at least the next fortnights (if we get those) have interesting skillbooks..although between those and farming 25 blackbeard on friday and then probably had to farm something alike 50 enel when he comes back..i might need space in the storage...

If we keep going the jailer route for upcoming fortnights, nevermind this current stretch, the entirety of next month could be like this. Domino is a questionable use unit now with us having sockets already.

The thing is, there's plenty of old fortnights where people haven't maxed good characters yet.

Personally I'd be fine farming something like duck squad to max a second godsopp or farming perona for sockets.

Both Krieg & Skypiea fortnights were even worse than the bon clay one.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
The thing is, there's plenty of old fortnights where people haven't maxed good characters yet.

Personally I'd be fine farming something like duck squad to max a second godsopp or farming perona for sockets.

Both Krieg & Skypiea fortnights were even worse than the bon clay one.

Oh absolutely, I'd be right there with you farming Duck Squad and Perona for the same reasons. This two week spot we have right now is definitely bland and coming off the 1 year anniversary it's also a little more pronounced in terms of its blandness.

It's also what Redboot was saying, if we had a third fortnight in there circulating... that little bit more of variety helps.

Majukun

what's a good dex units to level up between

kimono zoro
log brook
hw luffy
hw robin
coach usopp
kalifa
paulie
elizabeth

i have tons of green pigs but the sugo didn't brought me any dex haracter and all the other good ones i have already maxed

although i might just survive until next sugo with the storage space i already have..

chrono01

I know where my future lies. Beyond the legendless road.

My first pull was Capone so I celebrated with one more.
lHz0dM5.jpg
At least someone had some luck with this Sugofest. I'm glad.

Congrats!

Maju-kun, you are over level 200. If you think a Fortnight is crap and you don't really need anything from it, you don't need to play the game. Nobody will stop being your friend for wasting stamina.

Don't force yourself. If you don't feel like playing one day, don't play.

And don't farm story mode much. It's awful :p
Yeah, I barely play anymore since this Fortnight started. I need/want Jozu books, but they're so rare and the event itself is so boring. I tried farming story characters but they never drop for me. I've been spending most of my time playing through my other gatcha games, as well as the new FFXIV patch on the PC.

I haven't given up TC at all, not even close to it. I just have little reason to play right now, but I am looking forward to farming Blackbeard as well as upcoming content.

RedBoot

I do think Sadi's fortnight is enticing. She's going to be the first chance in Global to get a F2P unit that offers the third type of attack boost (Whitey Bay's the only other one available right now). Law, Vista, and Croc is also a nice spread of books, though that's admittedly going to vary for everyone, if I had Capone or Boa I'd certainly be more interested in Domino (on the same note, Domino herself is largely useless if you've managed to pull Log Robin).

I'd say I have no shot at leveling Manticore enough to make him useful, but then I've got a max skill, max level Kumacy in my box so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a shame that there's no "fair" way to speed up fortnight releases, either. Global's actually two fortnights behind, in a way, since we got the Halloween fortnights. Combine that with our quicker pace of story content, and things get weird. Japan got the Seatrain fortnights around now, to match up with the story (since I think all that gets skipped in EL1). We won't see those for months unless they adjust the order again.

Totakeke

Thanks for the advice. Sengoku it is then. I'll miss the INT team but I'm convinced that Sengoku is a more flexible leader. Could be fun (and time consuming) to explore a lot of the <= 20 cost characters. Hopefully it won't be too hard to find other Sengoku friend leads.

Unfortunately Rakuyo is already evolved, but Squard isn't. May have a foundation for a PSY Sengoku team there.

Hisoka

Oh. Got one gem this morning which made it five and then Sengoku appeared. Hm.

3 weeks in, I have these three accounts
1. Whitey Bay, Nico Robin, Squard
Least number of rare recruits, but has the components of a really good INT team. Also have farmable units like Mr. 3, Aisa, Miss Doublefinger. Spent around 25 gems since initial roll.
2. Inthawk, Fossa, Namule, Capone Bege, Log Chopper, Towel Nami
Initially got this from Hisoka. Definitely the most varied account but really strong leaders are probably only Inthawk and Nami. Spent around 10 gems.
3. Towel Nami, X Drake, Gecko Moria, Rakuyo, Squard, Log Usopp, and Sengoku
Not a lot of variety in teams either, has multiple strong INT leads but probably doesn't matter too much without Nico Robin. Sengoku appearing changes things though. Spent around 45 gems.

How would you guys rank those accounts?

Third>second>first easily

Your third is really awesome now with Sengoku. You nearly answered it yourself actually. Sengoku is a unit where you can nearly enter every level brain dead and just bust everything down. Even the subs are awesome.

Edit: you ninja'd me, why did i even need 3 more minutes to write it down.

lHz0dM5.jpg

Congrats, le me suuuprrr jealous. Why did you leave?
The legendless club lost another member?
Depressing

I pulled 4 more times, you better have no sibling with better pulls, otherwise you just can't hold back. :I

Got Balloon Luffy dupe, but i'll socket this one different so i give it a thumb up
Old guy in laboom, new, ayy lmao
Voyage Usopp, new, ok
Squardo, new, super ok.

Why not like that in the first place?
With Squardo, i have found my Aokiji beater now. At least smth.

leehom

Did they stop those twitter balloon guys? Haven't seen one in the past few days.

I started using them the past month or two after I found out it's a good way to get the beer bottles to upgrade the ship.

Otoh, I wasted over 1,000 trying to lev up from 8 to 9 on go merry. Don't know wtf is going with my luck on that one.

Trying to save up at least 509 bottles and go all at once and maybe I might hit 9.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Did they stop those twitter balloon guys? Haven't seen one in the past few days.

I started using them the past month or two after I found out it's a good way to get the beer bottles to upgrade the ship.

Otoh, I wasted over 1,000 trying to lev up from 8 to 9 on go merry. Don't know wtf is going with my luck on that one.

Trying to save up at least 509 bottles and go all at once and maybe I might hit 9.

... a thousand? WHAT?

ElChado

Neo Member
This is a lot of quotes so let's cut them down in size first.

I'm really starting to get bored with this game..the fortnight is useless..

Yep, Don't think I warned on here, but this is another one of those weeks where both fortnights don't feel important or good, last week as well a bit. None of the fortnight units are required maxing, skill books are mostly meh. If you are bored of the game take a break, try to at least login for the daily gem but take your time.

Fair bit of people do it, take breaks for a few days or weeks, then return revitalized. No shame in feeling burnt out or bored.

The big thing is the anniversary had so much stuff going on that no matter what followed it would feel like a drag, sadly they decided to make it nearly the worst follow up fortnights.

I personally was going to try to socket krieg, but one 30 stamina run for 2.8k experience is not worth it, especially when krieg has a pretty terrible drop rate. So im back at bon clay for sockets, when i get bored of that im going to farm story for some units i dont have yet and get disappointed there when they dont drop on their 2x drop day.

...I'm with you on what to do Sugo wise from here on out.

Bamco clearly milks what it can with us having 48 hour Sugos as being standard and if we ever get that glowing tavern button update, the temptation will be visibly constant. What's bugging me lately are the rate ups, they've been blatantly terrible and it's becoming more and more about the allure of 6* pulls only.

We've also reached a point where the pool of characters and their usage without skillbooks is questionable...

I really need to stick with 2 pulls, the only units im missing are curiel, all of whitebeard alliance, log vivi/nami/chopper/sanji/franky/robin, and every legend but WB. So until we get a few batches it is NOT worth to pull for me, im considering waiting till doffy family batch to pull more than 1-2 times, gonna be rough.

Global is experiencing a WORSE version than japan did. Look at Namule, he boosts fighters by 1.5x, and for a while was the only fighter booster, had solid stats, but started at 25 turns, and even maxed was 18 turns, so he doesn't get used for his special. But wait till his books come out, right? Well when his books DID finally come out, guess who else came out the same month roughly? Koala. She sacrifices 400 hp, 100atk, but her special starts 3 turns lower than namule's max and even goes down to 11, for a stronger boost. Heck look at Moria, he's converts 2 orbs but still doesnt have books out

What I'm saying is, japan had it bad where by the timea unit could be used or useful, it was too late and some other method filled the role, and with Global getting batches even faster we're going to experience it even worse.

so..is news expected later tonight?
the new event i mean?

Next week the daily gem event ends so it's expected sometime this week for the next one, we've gotten it on different days of the week, past few times it's been on Wednesdays like today so everyone is hoping.

There might NOT be a raid in it, as raids originally were their own banner announcement with anywhere from 1 month to 1 week notice, global has been weird for awhile where our daily gem event announced the raid.

Slasher team is too slow for me to farm Chapter 15 on Water 7... I guess I'll stop playing until my friend list is refreshed.

Eh. slasher team isn't that slow, but there aren't many teams that can go faster. Generally you're going to take 17 turns by the time you're ready to hit kaku/lucci. The big thing is being able to clear them both on the first turn. I like to use a legend hawk friend with my raid hawk, special raid hawk, then doffy orbs on my 2 quick units and 2 dex units, that one turn kills both lucci/kaku.

But overall water 7 final stage is a pretty drag stage to farm.

If we keep going the jailer route for upcoming fortnights, nevermind this current stretch, the entirety of next month could be like this.

Manticore could be an interesting unit with it's 100% defense reduction for 1 turn, but that's a cooldown from 33 &#8594; 18 turns.

Both units obviously have the secondary character class subset, but that's something completely different to plan for at this point in our game, for whenever Version 5.0 (?) arrives and at that point we'd be looking to Colosseum as the more interesting entry. We basically got Prisoner Croc way too early and this is what should be coming next.

The next fortnights should be a selection of Domino, Sadichan, T-bone,Wanze, young roger pirates AKA buggy/shanks. Since domino/sadi are overdue, and t-bone/wanze fit the enies lobby theme for the next story island, Young roger pirates is just the next one in line after impel down.

I'm gonna try to max manticore as he's part of the super fast princess turtle runs.

Secondary classes came in v4.0, they just haven't been turned on yet for some reason. The v4.0 notice included new classes. We're just waiting for the new class banner to appear. I also don't see global getting v5.0 coliseum anytime soon, 3 months at the earliest so May. Just because the coliseum is so rough and we're missing some skillbooks.

Also to note, prison croc was NOT early, i've checked my old schedule of when every fortnight would occur in order if we followed japans timeline, and croc actually appeared EXACTLY when he was supposed to originally. Interestingly so did afro-luffy. I haven't touched the pastebin i made since july 31st but i may update it to add the rest of the raids/fortnights out of interest.

Other interesting thing was when Shandians returned it was when they were originally supposed to come.

If you want to take a look at the paste bin, you can see where it was estimated for raids, how enel was nearly 2 months early. The skill rate up lines were when it was estimated we got one every 7 weeks. I'll probably update this pastebin this weekend with other original order events.

For some leveling up the ships is terrible. I took over 700 cola from level 9->10 on the mihawk ship, and took me nearly a month of farming cola to get merry maxed back in june. Just keep at it, and hopefully RNG wont screw you over. But 1000 cola sounds REALLY ridiculous for the going merry.

xrokis

lHz0dM5.jpg

congrats! marco is great and his animations are probably my favourite in the game.
if we aren't already friends send me a request so we can be marco buddies :)

In the last 3 days I've farmed Braham, Chess, Kuromarimo, Ms. Merry Christmas, Mr. 4, Tilestone, and INT Franky. None of which seem nearly as difficult as farming goddamn hermit crabs to evolve them, which I still haven't gotten to drop btw. As lucky as I was, it was almost nightmarish since I can't in good conscience waste stamina. I got 3 consecutive stamina refills from my snails and then another refill on level up. It feels like I must have played for hours today. Thanks half stamina everywhere.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
In the last 3 days I've farmed Braham, Chess, Kuromarimo, Ms. Merry Christmas, Mr. 4, Tilestone, and INT Franky. None of which seem nearly as difficult as farming goddamn hermit crabs to evolve them, which I still haven't gotten to drop btw. As lucky as I was, it was almost nightmarish since I can't in good conscience waste stamina. I got 3 consecutive stamina refills from my snails and then another refill on level up. It feels like I must have played for hours today. Thanks half stamina everywhere.
Don't evolve Franky! He combos with Raid Kuma and we get his evolved version during the story as a reward.

Kumo

With Enies Lobby coming soon, I remembered about one of my favorite characters from the arc, Funkfreed! Then I was sad to find out he's not a farmable character. :((

RIP Funkfreed. Why isn't he in the game? :(

With Enies Lobby coming soon, I remembered about one of my favorite characters from the arc, Funkfreed! Then I was sad to find out he's not a farmable character. :((

RIP Funkfreed. Why isn't he in the game? :(

Obviously they're saving him for his own fortnight, like they did with the entire sea train arc in Enies Lobby.

Totakeke

Wow, I might have lost the Sengoku account. Did a game data transfer to my main phone, put in the password, then the game just froze. Closed it and opened it again but it kept freezing. Restarting the phone doesn't seem to work. Can't open it on the previous device now either.

Sent Bandai Namco a ticket, seems like it'll take some time. I think I've read that they only restore accounts which has actual transaction (real money) history, is that true?

linkent

Wow, I might have lost the Sengoku account. Did a game data transfer to my main phone, put in the password, then the game just froze. Closed it and opened it again but it kept freezing. Restarting the phone doesn't seem to work. Can't open it on the previous device now either.

Sent Bandai Namco a ticket, seems like it'll take some time. I think I've read that they only restore accounts which has actual transaction (real money) history, is that true?
Try changing the language in the main menu if you are able to.
It will redownload many files which may solve a problem.
Change it to French, let it download, try going into the game.
Switch back to English after.

Spinx

Damn nice.

Nice! congrats man.

At least someone had some luck with this Sugofest. I'm glad.
Congrats!

Congrats, le me suuuprrr jealous. Why did you leave?
The legendless club lost another member?
Depressing

congrats! marco is great and his animations are probably my favourite in the game.
if we aren't already friends send me a request so we can be marco buddies :)

7fpJP9o.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm so tempted to do a pull but I know Mr. 3 is going to show up... >.>

Speaking of Mr. 3 i did one more pull and just pulled him again....... this sugo has been absolutely horrible for me :/

Try to keep as many details about your account as you can fresh in your mind, I hear they ask weirdly specific stuff.

well I'm at 2 x Lucci 0 x Kaku lol.

At least that aleviates the question of what Lucci evo to focus on first as I can just get both, probably not gonna farm for Kaku until Enies Lobby though as this stage is kinda rough.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That confirms that I should just save it for the next batch or when Enel comes back. Sucks about your pull :(

But my luck is insane right now D:

Hahaha oh wow, congrats dude!

well I'm at 2 x Lucci 0 x Kaku lol.

At least that aleviates the question of what Lucci evo to focus on first as I can just get both, probably not gonna farm for Kaku until Enies Lobby though as this stage is kinda rough.

Wow.

Edit:

Well at least im getting a bit more lucky now with Jozu books.

2016-02-2511_06_30-bl96x8g.png

tumblr_miji71hkY91rby56yo1_500.gif

RalchAC

Yeah, I barely play anymore since this Fortnight started. I need/want Jozu books, but they're so rare and the event itself is so boring. I tried farming story characters but they never drop for me. I've been spending most of my time playing through my other gatcha games, as well as the new FFXIV patch on the PC.

I haven't given up TC at all, not even close to it. I just have little reason to play right now, but I am looking forward to farming Blackbeard as well as upcoming content.

Exactly! For a long while, I (and others) felt the urge to not waste our stamina in order to get to level 201 (so we could do 2 Doffy runs with 1 stamina bar, before we got the stamina overfill feature). After that, I've been playing the game in a much more relaxed manner.

Tomorrow I will do some heavy Blackbeard farming, even if I don't have 10 points in anti-despair

Spinx

This fortnight is ok in my book. I can finally whip out my Jimbe if you know what I mean.

Pirate level 201 is just the beginning. You gotta go for that 180 stamina, 34 million xp. 201 is 8 million.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
This fortnight is ok in my book. I can finally whip out my Jimbe if you know what I mean.

Pirate level 201 is just the beginning. You gotta go for that 180 stamina, 34 million xp. 201 is 8 million.
I was excited for Jinbe too, but the best reward for me is X-Drake books or Bon Clays for sockets. Both at last stage only (or might as well be due to drop rates) and he shares the stage with 5 fodder. The payoff just isn't there after I got him and Mr. 3. My bon clay socket luck has been pretty bad, so that doesn't help.

Mixed2k

Is Squard worth leveling as a neutral/PSY orb booster? His boost doesn't seem that great to lose 30% hp. On the other hand his stats are pretty good (dat negative recovery..).

I was thinking on leveling him and swaping him for croco-zoro in the team I'm currently using for fortnights/story:
Ray/Ray
A.Zoro /Enraged Arlong
Slasher Crocodile/GPU

Hisoka

Right there with you man.

Still there too.

Is Squard worth leveling as a neutral/PSY orb booster? His boost doesn't seem that great to lose 30% hp. On the other hand his stats are pretty good (dat negative recovery..).

I was thinking on leveling him and swaping him for croco-zoro in the team I'm currently using for fortnights/story:
Ray/Ray
A.Zoro /Enraged Arlong
Slasher Crocodile/GPU

He has the strongest orb boost after doffy, providing x1,75.
His attack is also super high. His 30% cut comes in handy when you need less hp to get to his captain ability. Otherwise it doesn't help much that's for sure.
I would level him either way, he's one of the best psy units.
Shameless promoting of Squardo as i need more Squardo friendcaptains during specific raids HNNGH

Totakeke

Try changing the language in the main menu if you are able to.
It will redownload many files which may solve a problem.
Change it to French, let it download, try going into the game.
Switch back to English after.

When I reopened it it just froze on the spot so I wasn't able to interact with anything. I also stupidly reinstalled the game right after that (dumb move in retrospect).

They are responding fairly quickly to the ticket, although they still say it takes about 10 days. I guess this is a good time to play other games.

Mixed2k

Got Voyage Dream Vivi from RR, not bad considering the garbage that could drop.
It's pretty neat since it saves me a lot of time farming/leveling a story one.
Do I level her up? I'm afraid of having too much HP on her and vivi/laboon not working out.
Edit: nevermind, I did the math, it seems I can level her up at will

Heng

Hahaha oh wow, congrats dude!
Thanks.
Eh. slasher team isn't that slow, but there aren't many teams that can go faster. Generally you're going to take 17 turns by the time you're ready to hit kaku/lucci. The big thing is being able to clear them both on the first turn. I like to use a legend hawk friend with my raid hawk, special raid hawk, then doffy orbs on my 2 quick units and 2 dex units, that one turn kills both lucci/kaku.

But overall water 7 final stage is a pretty drag stage to farm.
It was a bit faster once I switched to Int Mihawk, I totally forgot he was in the game when I was farming that island. I'm glad I don't have to farm that anymore.
When I reopened it it just froze on the spot so I wasn't able to interact with anything. I also stupidly reinstalled the game right after that (dumb move in retrospect).

They are responding fairly quickly to the ticket, although they still say it takes about 10 days. I guess this is a good time to play other games.
If you somehow don't get your account restored, streamers on twitch usually give out fresh accounts with legends on it as a giveaway for following them. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that...

RedBoot

I survived not doing any sugo pulls so far. Been saving up a lot of gems for a better one.

Yeah, this is probably the wise plan. Although I just ignored my own advice and did one more pull and got Curiel, which is new. So at least I get something out of this sugo.

My longterm plan is to only do 1-2 pulls per sugo until both the Revolutionaries and CP9 come out (there will probably be an errant sugo somewhere in there with Legend Croc and maybe Log Ace and Bon Clay, too), then do a good amount (8-10) when both those pools are available. After that, I'll go back to conservation until both Dofy family batches are available.

That being said, the Revolutionaries are the set I've been waiting a lot for, so it'll be hard to ignore that one til CP9 also comes out. Hopefully I'll be lucky and get one of 'em in the 1-2 pulls I allow.

Top Bottom