• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Unlimited World Red |OT| Oda’s Fan Service DLCs Pending

Assuming that the Anniversary Pack on the eShop contains the "Flame Fist & Straw Hat" quest, then yes, the Day One DLC is currently free on the eShop, along with the "Red Stands Alone" quest.

f@luS

More than a member.
I loved thé musou one piece game. I like good anime game. But damn this one sux

Fighting mechanics are bad. Side quest are boring. I totally regret buying it. I'm chapter 4 or 5 against hodi

After Nature

Neo Member

Fighting mechanics are bad. Side quest are boring. I totally regret buying it. I'm chapter 4 or 5 against hodi

Yeah, I would rather have a Musou version so I know how you feel but I am actually enjoying this for what it is. Maybe I could have waited for the inevitable sale on the eshop later though.

Mendrox

I agree. Game looks nice, but that's it. Only needed 13 hours for everything including the colloseum and sidequests... am a bit mad about this but Vita version was good. :)

f@luS

More than a member.
Took it on vita also. Good looking for sure. Ans 35e instead of 50....

Bought on pstore. I dont have Free dlc do i?

The game is, in fact, great.

Maybe I could have waited for the inevitable sale on the eshop later though.

Inevitable? An Unlimited game? Haha, not if history has a say in things. These games tend to stay rare and overpriced, at least if the Wii and DS One Piece's is anything to go by. They were never on sale, rather they went out of stock and became hard to find. Now that Nintendo has a digital store, the games can't actually sell out, so we'll see what happens.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Bought this day one in EU on the WiiU eshop. Was a bit hesitant first but caved in and I am enjoying it quite a bit. It looks amazing and the VA is great. I like the addition of the Coliseum but the same screen coop is a let down. Almost to the point where I regret getting it on the WiiU and should have gotten the 3DS version instead for myself and my daughter so we could play coop that way.
This is a good game, enjoyable for even someone who might not have read the manga or seen the anime but likes over the top fighting and anime in general. Although this title should not be bought if coop is the online thing you're looking for.
Just my two cents.

What's wrong with the co-op? Is it just the fact that it doesn't use the GamePad screen for one player and instead is split-screen?

After Nature

Neo Member
What's wrong with the co-op? Is it just the fact that it doesn't use the GamePad screen for one player and instead is split-screen?

Yeah. Basically. I know the split screen keeps the correct aspect ratio for each playerbut still it feels wrong somehow. Would rather have one player on the gamepad and the other on the tv. At least give me the option, you know. Nah. I' m gonna stick with single player.
Also there is no coop when traversing the town. Only coop during missions.

After Nature

Neo Member
The game is, in fact, great.

Inevitable? An Unlimited game? Haha, not if history has a say in things. These games tend to stay rare and overpriced, at least if the Wii and DS One Piece's is anything to go by. They were never on sale, rather they went out of stock and became hard to find. Now that Nintendo has a digital store, the games can't actually sell out, so we'll see what happens.

Maybe. Namco has had some sales already on the eshop so I figured it would be on sale one day.

GeekyDad

Farking UPS. Once again, my game is traveling along their absurd delivery path. Won't have it 'til Saturday.

Glad some folks are enjoying it, though.

so anyone get it on 3ds eshop? Do you get day1 stuff? I don't even know how dlc works on 3ds platform lol. Only games i recall having them that i own are fire emblem and SMT4.

after some debate, picked up the 3ds one (kinda weird when you have every system this game is out on). Seems like the bottom screen adds quite a bit (weird there is no onscreen map on the console/vita versions), and this game is not particularly long or fantastic, so doesn't hurt to go for the cheapest version :p

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

Waiting until next week for the Vita version sucks so muuuuch...

I have about 15 hours playtime right now. Still got a lot to do in colosseum (many rewards to unlock; some are a bit pointless but some are cool) and still got a bunch of side-quests in main mode. Trans Town is fun to spend time in once you've unlocked a bunch of the stuff there.

Game is surprisingly tough. You awe quite squishy. Still can't get enough mat for pharmacy. Nearly got destroyed by crocodile. Don't like how you can't cancel into dodge.

xXDGFXx

Neo Member
Game is surprisingly tough. You awe quite squishy. Still can't get enough mat for pharmacy. Nearly got destroyed by crocodile. Don't like how you can't cancel into dodge.

Wapol will be worse with his instantaneous chomp attack. You can beat down on him and suddenly CHOMP right in the middle of everything. No prompt at all, no wind up, just chomp.

Man, I have no idea why they thought it would be a great idea to make it so that we run really slow. Jumping feels... weird.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The person earlier in this thread who likened this to Kingdom Hearts was right imo, especially reminds me of 365 Days with the mission structure and such. The Bosses are pretty cool and I like how cinematic they can get, like when Crocodile summons the huge sandstorm and the camera zooms out.

It's pretty fun so far, if not a tad grindy (the bug-catching and fishing minigames are sort of addictive, but what's the point of them overall I've yet to discover), but I can see this getting sort of old. But so far I'm having fun. I agree that it's sort of hard, had a rough time with Crocodile. Guess I need to grind a bit more on Quests before the next boss.

Out of the five characters I've unlocked:

Luffy: All-around average to me, not bad, not good.

Zoro: Seems pretty good.

Franky: He's slow, but he seems to do far more damage to bosses than any other character.

Usopp: Uh---every time I try to use Sniper I just get hit by an enemy. And his normal attack doesn't seem strong either. Judging by the Words I've gotten for him I assume he's more a support character for collecting than actually controlling him.

Chopper: He runs the fastest across the map, and he can heal. Definitely using him, plus he's fun.

Do you get to control any non-Strawhats in the Coliseum Mode?

Also I was spoiled on the true nature of the Tanuki guy's DF...classic Oda, I should've seen that coming.

Shun

Fleet Admiral Akainu and Whitebeard are overpowered pieces of shit when you unlock them.

They're that good...

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Man, sort of disappointed the playable characters in the latest games seem to move more so towards the big name dudes with the more "stock" powers.

I

Stider

Fleet Admiral Akainu and Whitebeard are overpowered pieces of shit when you unlock them.

They're that good...

Yeah they are pretty good, Don Flamingo is OP to hell though.
You don't unlock him till after you beat the coliseum however

Wapol will be worse with his instantaneous chomp attack. You can beat down on him and suddenly CHOMP right in the middle of everything. No prompt at all, no wind up, just chomp.

Man, I have no idea why they thought it would be a great idea to make it so that we run really slow. Jumping feels... weird.

The person earlier in this thread who likened this to Kingdom Hearts was right imo, especially reminds me of 365 Days with the mission structure and such. The Bosses are pretty cool and I like how cinematic they can get, like when Crocodile summons the huge sandstorm and the camera zooms out.

It's pretty fun so far, if not a tad grindy (the bug-catching and fishing minigames are sort of addictive, but what's the point of them overall I've yet to discover), but I can see this getting sort of old. But so far I'm having fun. I agree that it's sort of hard, had a rough time with Crocodile. Guess I need to grind a bit more on Quests before the next boss.

Out of the five characters I've unlocked:

Luffy: All-around average to me, not bad, not good.

Zoro: Seems pretty good.

Franky: He's slow, but he seems to do far more damage to bosses than any other character.

Usopp: Uh---every time I try to use Sniper I just get hit by an enemy. And his normal attack doesn't seem strong either. Judging by the Words I've gotten for him I assume he's more a support character for collecting than actually controlling him.

Chopper: He runs the fastest across the map, and he can heal. Definitely using him, plus he's fun.

Do you get to control any non-Strawhats in the Coliseum Mode?

Also I was spoiled on the true nature of the Tanuki guy's DF...classic Oda, I should've seen that coming.

What, really? Outside of a few quests and Coloseum challenges, it's a pretty easy game. You can learn the bosses patterns easily. Also remember the swap character trick that I mentioned earlier. Of course you also need to equip good words and level them up, and early on it's useful to have health capsules.

As for best characters in main mode; Luffy, Zoro and Chopper will take down any boss easily. Replace Zoro with Sanji if you prefer, but Zoro is better thanks to his powerful Aggro Mode. Luffy is simply a powerhouse with a fantastic moveset. As for Chopper, while he was the worst character in a certain other OP series, in this game he's really good. The ability to chase is something minor, it's his healing capabilities that are sweet. He can use his item words as well as a special attack to heal your party. He's also pretty good in combat.

yeah chopper being able to heal does wonders.

These quests though, dont know if i was underleveled, but the super early quest against Dragon took Ages to chop down its health O.O

zorro's suppose to be good? his tornado move thing takes forever!

Depends how you play him tbf, whenever I use the tornado move with him I try to corner the enemies into it instead of waiting for it to move towards them. It's a shame they chose to give both his air attack as Shishi Sonson instead of cruise's Hiryu: Kaen for one of it =/

GeekyDad

Watched the first couple of minutes. Didn't realize you could swing around town like in a Spider-man game. Not gonna spoil anything more for myself, but it looks damned fun. And I'm one of the few who thoroughly enjoyed the mission structure of KH 358/2 (because I like playing in short bursts, which is why I spend most of my time gaming on handhelds). So, now I'm more excited about this game than I previous was.

/goes off to check mailbox.

Ban Puncher

Still not listed in the Australian Wii U eShop for this weeks store update.

Can't redeem DLC code.

Piss on you, Nintendo Australia.

So this is similar in style to the other 3DS OP game, but with even fewer fights?

If other game meaning Unlimited Cruise? Probably more fights, as it's slightly more linear as the exploration elements have been dialed down quite a bit in comparison to them.
Watched the first couple of minutes. Didn't realize you could swing around town like in a Spider-man game. Not gonna spoil anything more for myself, but it looks damned fun. And I'm one of the few who thoroughly enjoyed the mission structure of KH 358/2 (because I like playing in short bursts, which is why I spend most of my time gaming on handhelds). So, now I'm more excited about this game than I previous was.

/goes off to check mailbox.
It's only within that town mind.
Still not listed in the Australian Wii U eShop for this weeks store update.

Can't redeem DLC code.

Piss on you, Nintendo Australia.
Wonder why Bamco's not releasing the eShop version in Australia =/

Ban Puncher

Wonder why Bamco's not releasing the eShop version in Australia =/

As I said before, the disc from the UK has the Australian classification on it and to get that BandaiNamco would of had to of paid to submit it to the board. Going through all that time and expense only to not even throw it up on the local eShop as advertised seems a bit silly.

these tag special animations are pretty underwhelming. like i didn't even realized it hurt people until the 3rd time i used it. Has a weird delay too.

Cbajd5

Ha, there's no reason to use the DLC code with the 3DS Day One Edition since the Anniversary Pack is currently free.

Data Link is easy to use, it just copies the file over Wi-Fi.

Otherwise I've been having fun with the Wii U version, gonna play the 3DS version a bit later.

I have this paid off for Vita...

Do I keep the preorder or just grab it on 3DS?

What are the differences between the 2 versions? Does the Vita version look significantly better?

Top Bottom