• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murata would disagree, he loves drawing Fubuki
Yup.
DEFVezt.png
(NSFW I guess?)
Murata also likes drawing form-fitting clothes on both sexes from what I've seen.

She's a 1000 year old dragon.
And this is why I am all blech on Tatsumaki in the first place. Murata drew her a certain way in the redrawn version that was definitely appealing to a certain crowd. Madhouse kept it over of course.

Saitama could go up to Class S in no time if he was able to distinguish the bad guys and claim the rewards or whatever. Did that monster imply that there is a Villain League or similar organization to combat the Hero League? That would be crazy enough for this show. That tornado girl is annoying already, not feeling this anime is waifu material. Genos best husbando tho.

It's twelve episodes for a few obvious reasons.

1.) Budget

2.) A second season of 12 more episodes is too much for the remaining material redrawn by Murata unless they decide to go forward through ONE's original version.

Saitama could go up to Class S in no time if he was able to distinguish the bad guys and claim the rewards or whatever. Did that monster imply that there is a Villain League or similar organization to combat the Hero League? That would be crazy enough for this show. That tornado girl is annoying already, not feeling this anime is waifu material. Genos best husbando tho.

Don't worry. No waifu crap in the storyline
anyway.

somedevil

Half of it was great, half of it was pretty boring with all the illuminati crap.

So are they saying that Saitama is a monster? Guess that's where he gets his powers.

The joke is that Saitama is not known by either Monsters or Humans that his powers have become the story they talk about.

As for being more than 12 there is enough material in the one version to keep going for a while.

The Murata version has stalled recently and there isn't as much of that version left.

I'm curious how many people missed in the last episode that the hero assocation was created by the balls chin grandpa of the balls chin kid Saitama saved from the crab.

Budget has literally no effect on why it is only 12 episodes
I forgot that this is being produced by Madhouse for a sec. But yeah, it's mostly the redrawn manga having an inconsistent schedule. I guess Madhouse could get away with slower pacing for another season, or if they don't end up covering a lot in these 12 episodes.

Damn, it's disappointing to read, hope it's not as bad as HXH in release rate, can't wait for season 2 in some years.
It's not a case of there not being enough story. Madhouse could technically go past the Murata version of the comic by adapting ONE's version, but why would they do that? They are good at interpreting scribbles from what we've seen from HxH 2011 though.

Damn, it's disappointing to read, hope it's not as bad as HXH in release rate, can't wait for season 2 in some years.

No it could still be considered ongoing, it's nowhere near HxH levels.

When I say it updates at an irregular rate, I mean it doesn't have a set weekly/monthly schedule. The chapter comes out whenever it is done.

LeonSPBR

NICE. Want some more Tatsumaki and Fubuki, especially Fubuki, way too little of her. Madhouse did some superb work with this, and the VA are fucking awesome. Too bad it will end in 6 episodes.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Does Tatsumaki have a Napoleon complex or is she a tsundere and has a thing for the operations officer of the Heros' Association?

EDIT: Fubuki is delicious as always and I feel that they've deliberately toned her down just to make her big sister shine. I doubt she'll make an appearance this season again right? I totally wasn't expecting her at all.

Does Tatsumaki have a Napoleon complex or is she a tsundere and has a thing for the operations officer of the Heros' Association?

EDIT: Fubuki is delicious as always and I feel that they've deliberately toned her down just to make her big sister shine. I doubt she'll make an appearance this season again right? I totally wasn't expecting her at all.

She's powerful cocky and extremely short tempered. Not a tsundere.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tatsumaki has a thing for
Bang.

That was my initial impression as well. Was a little shocked to see Tatsumaki so prominent in the opening and the pre-release media for the anime with Fubuki barely a mention. But given how few episodes we're getting and how much farther along in the story she becomes regular, I guess it's not too surprising. As with Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask, it's nice Madhouse is expanding on the story a bit and giving glimpses of later Heroes.

She's 28.

And if anyone want to see Murata in action drawing OPM, yu can watch some videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC806TrlUeGtQoJNHafHn5sQ
This is so awesome!

Here's the music video of the opening:

http://dai.ly/x3b3tzp
THIS IS SO AWESOME!

Angel_DvA

Thanks everyone, I'll read the manga after the anime end, one of the best manga/anime I've seen for a long time, I'm so hype for next week episode right now.

I should start watching Gintama.

Standard Gintama warning: The show is just ok up until the mid 20s episodes. Not particularly funny. But once it reaches the episode where they're eating around a table and they're declaring who's the shogun of the table, that's the turning point where it turns amazing.

And for standards the show is mediocre for 20 or so episodes... out of 250+

Nightbird

Standard Gintama warning: The show is just ok up until the mid 20s episodes. Not particularly funny. But once it reaches the episode where they're eating around a table and they're declaring who's the shogun of the table, that's the turning point where it turns amazing.

To be honest, I would even recommend to just skip the first few Episodes. You'll get to know the cast anyway, so why not trough the better episodes? :$

To be honest, I would even recommend to just skip the first few Episodes. You'll get to know the cast anyway, so why not trough the better episodes? :$

First few episodes is to set up the original cast of characters and their relationships to each other, plus add a bit of backstory, but admittedly yes you could always just start where it gets good since you'd have 200+ episodes to get to know the characters.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They could continue adapting ONE's version using Murata's designs.

It'll just take a lot more work since there's less visual references to work off of.

It might be easier for him to read the first 30/45 chapters first. Since it would be quicker to read them, and some of the issues of the early anime episodes are just an issue in the anime rather then the manga version. If you do start Gintama anime just skip the first two episodes, since they are anime original and not very good.

There is !
Just not the pretty version :p
Looking at how much the story has progressed in six episodes I think there's enough of the Murata adapation to squeek out a second season. We're half way done with the anime and haven't even touched some fairly early manga events. Heck, the anime has actually skipped over several side stories already!

GIMME S2 MADHOUSE! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom