• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zunja

I wanted to start reading the manga but I think if it's only 12 episodes I can just wait it out. Does anyone have a ballpark for how much material I'll have for reading after this 12?

Really enjoy every part of the show though. I mean I was telling a friend about it and he said, "If he just beats everyone in one punch whats the point in watching." I told him that's the point showed him the fight with Genos and Mosquito girl and he went back and watched it all.

No surprise this thread if full of Blizzard's underlings shilling, Tornado is best girl.

giphy.gif

I wanted to start reading the manga but I think if it's only 12 episodes I can just wait it out. Does anyone have a ballpark for how much material I'll have for reading after this 12?

Really enjoy every part of the show though. I mean I was telling a friend about it and he said, "If he just beats everyone in one punch whats the point in watching." I told him that's the point showed him the fight with Genos and Mosquito girl and he went back and watched it all.
There are 10 volumes and about 60 or so chapters of the manga, and most of us have speculated the anime will cover about half of that. But I very much encourage you to read Murata's adaptation from the beginning. You can easily blow through most of them and get caught up in no time. Then you'll be waiting with everyone else for Murata to pump out more material or you can segue to ONE's webcomic, which is much farther along.

LeonSPBR

Looking at how much the story has progressed in six episodes I think there's enough of the Murata adapation to squeek out a second season. We're half way done with the anime and haven't even touched some fairly early manga events. Heck, the anime has actually skipped over several side stories already!

GIMME S2 MADHOUSE! D:

I'm hoping the side story that was skipped will be an OVA.

Budget has literally no effect on why it is only 12 episodes

There actually is some relation between budget and the length of an anime. The reason why most late-night anime now are only 1-cour as opposed to 2+-cour is that it involves less risk on the part of the production companies. If a show ends up being a hit and making good return on their investment, the production committee can easily order more; if it's a failure for them, then they're not out as much money. In an industry where profit margins are very slim, if they exist at all, the companies putting up the money generally want to lessen the risk they're taking as much as they can.

There actually is some relation between budget and the length of an anime. The reason why most late-night anime now are only 1-cour as opposed to 2+-cour is that it involves less risk on the part of the production companies. If a show ends up being a hit and making good return on their investment, the production committee can easily order more; if it's a failure for them, then they're not out as much money. In an industry where profit margins are very slim, if they exist at all, the companies putting up the money generally want to lessen the risk they're taking as much as they can.

Would that apply to OPM though?

As much as I would love a S2, I don't think there is enough material unless they start using ONE material, then they would stop using Murata as a base

Russ T

Banned
Sure am glad Blizzard and Tornado showed up so this thread could get fucking weird...

Episode delivered some prime comedy material. Excellent Saitama faces, as usual!

Puruzi

Banned
Sure am glad Blizzard and Tornado showed up so this thread could get fucking weird...

Episode delivered some prime comedy material. Excellent Saitama faces, as usual!

dunno why I spazzed like that rofl, still don't think anything's weird tho

Russ T

Banned
I could, but it's more a collaborative effort. I have no desire to single any one person out. And yes it is weird to talk about and rank female characters based on their looks. Well, "weird" is maybe not the right word, as it's a fairly normal and common activity, but you know. I'm not saying everyone is doing that, but, well... I think it's an uncool thing to do.

I thought you wanted me to stop!

Puruzi

Banned
I could, but it's more a collaborative effort. I have no desire to single any one person out. And yes it is weird to talk about and rank female characters based on their looks. Well, "weird" is maybe not the right word, as it's a fairly normal and common activity, but you know. I'm not saying everyone is doing that, but, well...

I thought you wanted me to stop!

Well alright, I don't consider that weird at all, it's literally just saying who their favorite female character is. :/

Tornado>>>>>>>>

I'm sorry guys. :( I honestly just looked up "OPM Fubuki" on Google and chose that pic in particular to prove MetroidPrimeRib's point that Murata really likes drawing Fubuki. I really do prefer Fubuki as a character over Tatsumaki. I'm not a big fan of bratty characters like Tatsumaki.

Russ T

Banned
Everyone should check out Gintama. ):<

I'm sorry guys. :( I honestly just looked up "OPM Fubuki" on Google and chose that pic in particular to prove MetroidPrimeRib's point that Murata really likes drawing Fubuki. I really do prefer Fubuki as a character over Tatsumaki. I'm not a big fan of bratty characters like Tatsumaki.

Hah well there's no denying Murata draws what Murata draws.

I don't really like the bratty type either but she just comes off as stupidly overpowered and overconfident (though obviously not as much as Saitama, and in a different way) and that's always a fun character to watch.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wow the media push for this is pretty impressive. I never though OPM was that popular.

I hope the anime makes OPM super popular to the point of ONE focusing on it once again, or at least alternating between that and Mob Psycho every week. Releases are way too infrequent.

Crocodile

Part with the obsession with Fubuki and Tornado I'm sure comes down to that they are pretty much the only two female characters in the series that are worth a damn. Heck, I think even Mosquito Girl used to (or still does?) rank high in popularity polls. That was always one of the few things I didn't like about OPM. Not from a "where are the waifus?" perspective but rather a lack of gender balance. Super Hero universes, Western or Eastern, usually don't have a shortage of prominent and powerful (both in powerset and characterization) female heroes or villains (even if there are still sexism issues relating to a genre targeted more towards men than women). So it always struck me as so weird and a bit unfortunate that OPM was always such a huge sausage-fest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom