• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly I am amazed at the amount of people who care so much that people post that they like Fubuki and Tatsumaki? Yeah how dare they!!!

Is it an action comedy shounen ala OPM? This thread has definitely piqued my interest in it.

Yeah, Gintama is similar in a lot of ways. It's almost as 300 episodes so don't expect killer animation but the show looks fine for what it is and even pretty good at times when compared to other long runners.

First two episodes are terrible and original and can be skipped, the show is ymmv up to episode 25 but its almost consistently great after that. The show really comes into its own in the 60-70 range when the first serious arc happens

Permanently A

Fubuki is the second most popular OPM character now, dethroning License-less, and almost beat out Saitama for the #1 spot.

MtcHFQs.jpg

Best girl.

Hmm, something's wrong here. Its like they missed what makes Fubuki so popular

GIZwhZj.png

That's better.

There's hardly anything to comment on when it comes to this show anyway, especially on this episode. Unless you want to talk about specific cuts or how good the direction/layouts/animation was the show has little plot and humor is generally hard to comment on.

Wow whoever made that did an amazing job matching the art styles.

His Toriyama is better then his Murata but yeah it's pretty impressive

Jintor

Tatsumaki is like almost pure tsundere lol

I'm really liking the little additional scenes they add in and most of the pacing. Also, the Kelp monster sounded nothing like what I imagined. A lotta Cool Teen slang use lol

/edit now that I think about it, isn't that exact Fubiki pose from a cover art Murata did or something that's from later volumes?

Frankly I am amazed at the amount of people who care so much that people post that they like Fubuki and Tatsumaki? Yeah how dare they!!!

Yeah, Gintama is similar in a lot of ways. It's almost as 300 episodes so don't expect killer animation but the show looks fine for what it is and even pretty good at times when compared to other long runners.

First two episodes are terrible and original and can be skipped, the show is ymmv up to episode 25 but its almost consistently great after that. The show really comes into its own in the 60-70 range when the first serious arc happens

is it worth watching the anime over reading the manga?

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
...sigh, this is why I stay away from anime threads.

Tell me about it! A women show up and all the betas lose their composure and shame. I enjoy the series but feel like I'll end up on some watch list because of the vile things that go on in these threads. I don't know if it'll ever change man. It's like every time descent folks try and have something, some perversion gets randomly introduced. I can't speak for others but if I did, I would sincerely apologize to you and others who are forced to endure this shameless behavior. I know my words offer little consolation as I'm a victim in this as well but I really am sorry you had to see that picture.

Hmm, something's wrong here. Its like they missed what makes Fubuki so popular

GIZwhZj.png

That's better.

Come on there now man. This is totally low class and we of AnimeGAF should be above this sort of falsehoods. Even as a joke, it hurts or image. We need to present ourselves better if we want the rest of GAF to respect us. Speaking for everyone here, we feel that there's a lot more complexity to Fubuki's character than you try to sum up using her large chest. Women come in all shapes and sizes and the fact that Fubuki is well-endowed does not define her. We feel reducing her to just breasts belittles One's true intention for the character to illustrate the pretentious nature of Heros in the Onepunch universe and the redemption arc that comes about from discovering and confronting inner personal demons.

Lets turn AnimeGAF into a place JDSN can be proud to come into. There are literally millions of people like him who want to join the dialog if we can be less creepy. I speak for him too when I say I'm creeped out right now.

Tell me about it! A women show up and all the betas lose their composure and shame. I enjoy the series but feel like I'll end up on some watch list because of the vile things that go on in these threads. I don't know if it'll ever change man. It's like every time descent folks try and have something, some perversion gets randomly introduced. I can't speak for others but if I did, I would sincerely apologize to you and others who are forced to endure this shameless behavior. I know my words offer little consolation as I'm a victim in this as well but I really am sorry you had to see that picture.

Don't you think you might just be overreacting a little bit

Jintor

lol i legit can't tell if this is sarcasm or not

Jintor

The Hero Association command center kinda looks like it's laid out exactly like NERV. I wonder if all Japanese crazy organisations go to the same contractors.

zulux21

Its a gag series that has action sequences. Just like One Punch Man.

except one punch man is actually enjoyable >.>;

gintama you have to spend hours reading or watching before it gets good or so I hear... I am through ep 20 of the anime and still not there.

except one punch man is actually enjoyable >.>;

gintama you have to spend hours reading or watching before it gets good or so I hear... I am through ep 20 of the anime and still not there.

There's the option to skip up until episode 25 and just read a bit about which character is. You'd be missing 1/10th of the show anyways and wouldn't miss anything you'd really regret.

And yeah I love One Punch Man but the manga nor this has ever reached the comedic highs of good Gintama.

hipbabboom

Don't you think you might just be overreacting a little bit

lol i legit can't tell if this is sarcasm or not

I don't mean to over-react. I just want to build bridges of understanding and teardown walls of ignorance and plant trees of knowledge and lay down foundations for tomorrows' anime fans. I want to be Anime Jesus

...and not that kawaii one with a roommate either.

There's the option to skip up until episode 25 and just read a bit about which character is. You'd be missing 1/10th of the show anyways and wouldn't miss anything you'd really regret.

And yeah I love One Punch Man but the manga nor this has ever reached the comedic highs of good Gintama.
Well damn. That's some serious praise. I'll give it a go.

Edit: And yeah, Genos is totes adorbs.

3C8o1WbeULU.jpg

zulux21

eventually I will get there with gintama.
I really wish it was picked up for a dub though as it would have been so much easier to burn through while doing other stuff.

i've also thought about reading the manga, but keep getting distracted with stuff like bleach and naruto lol.

Jintor

I don't mean to over-react. I just want to build bridges of understanding and teardown walls of ignorance and plant trees of knowledge and lay down foundations for tomorrows' anime fans. I want to be Anime Jesus

...and not that kawaii one with a roommate either.

you're alright hipbabboom. you're alllllllright

Well damn. That's some serious praise. I'll give it a go.

I'd recommend at least skipping episode 1 and 2. Heck if you really wanna watch it let us know we could probably come up with episodes to watch in the first 25 so you aren't terribly lost with characters. Because it really doesn't let go once you pass that initial hump.

Moaradin

I don't agree. The first 25 episodes set up all the characters and multiple gags that they use 300 episodes later. Those episodes aren't terrible (only the first two, which are filler anyways) and it's not a lot to watch considering how long the show is.

Puruzi

Banned
Why does Genos eat?

He is a cyborg.

He probably doesn't need to eat, but he was a human not too long ago, so he probably still likes to eat.

I'd recommend at least skipping episode 1 and 2. Heck if you really wanna watch it let us know we could probably come up with episodes to watch in the first 25 so you aren't terribly lost with characters. Because it really doesn't let go once you pass that initial hump.

I kinda want this.

zulux21

I don't agree. The first 25 episodes set up all the characters and multiple gags that they use 300 episodes later. Those episodes aren't terrible (only the first two, which are filler anyways) and it's not a lot to watch considering how long the show is.

yeah hands down skip the first 2. eps 3-20 were watchable but not great, but 1 and 2 were pretty bad and made things really confusing when the characters suddenly vanished and I started getting introduction eps for them. it made it feel way more tedious to watch as well as I already had a good idea who they were from the first two eps.

He probably doesn't need to eat, but he was a human not too long ago, so he probably still likes to eat.

he has to be fueled somehow, who says he doesn't have a system in place that converts food into energy much like the human body normally would?

hipbabboom

Why does Genos eat?

He is a cyborg.

I feel like they covered this in one of the episodes already... he still has human bits left in him right so I guess you gotta feed the meat parts with real food on some level.

Though, I do get annoyed that fiction covers so much of ingestion but few ever deal with the aspect of elimination. I'd be all for an episode that discusses how everyone poops.

Well yeah, that's possible too. There are plenty of reasons a cyborg might want to eat.

Is this like your lead in to "Do robots dream of electric sheep?" moment?

zulux21

I feel like they covered this in one of the episodes already... he still has human bits left in him right so I guess you gotta feed the meat parts with real food on some level.

Though, I do get annoyed that fiction covers so much of ingestion but few ever deal with the aspect of elimination. I'd be all for an episode that discusses how everyone poops.

Is this like your lead in to "Do robots dream of electric sheep?" moment?

to be fair from what we have seen at most part of one half of his brain is still human, everything else has been destroyed at some point lol.

Permanently A

Come on there now man. This is totally low class and we of AnimeGAF should be above this sort of falsehoods. Even as a joke, it hurts or image. We need to present ourselves better if we want the rest of GAF to respect us. Speaking for everyone here, we feel that there's a lot more complexity to Fubuki's character than you try to sum up using her large chest. Women come in all shapes and sizes and the fact that Fubuki is well-endowed does not define her. We feel reducing her to just breasts belittles One's true intention for the character to illustrate the pretentious nature of Heros in the Onepunch universe and the redemption arc that comes about from discovering and confronting inner personal demons.

Lets turn AnimeGAF into a place JDSN can be proud to come into. There are literally millions of people like him who want to join the dialog if we can be less creepy. I speak for him too when I say I'm creeped out right now.

I'm glad my shitpost gave birth to this masterfully crafted piece of satire.

Parshias7

While I enjoyed the suddenness of the ending to Sonic's little rampage, the anime didn't have quite the levels of derp that the manga did:

yo.png

Evilisk

eventually I will get there with gintama.
I really wish it was picked up for a dub though as it would have been so much easier to burn through while doing other stuff.

i've also thought about reading the manga, but keep getting distracted with stuff like bleach and naruto lol.

The Benizakura Gintama movie had a dub. It was not great, however.

Tuck

What are the odds we get a full version of the ending song? I really like it.

I'd take a full version of the intro song too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom