• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

keezy

Please be safe.

http://news.yahoo.com/man-suffers-burns-oneplus-one-explodes-back-pocket-114551681.html

As exciting and intriguing as the CyanogenMod-powered OnePlus One might be, perhaps it’s a good thing that the phone is so difficult to purchase right now; with a relatively small number of OnePlus One handsets in the hands of the public, we already have out first report of an injury having been sustained when the handset randomly exploded in a user’s back pocket.

OnePlus forum poster “MiYzu” recently shared a story and a series of photographs that could be cause for concern for prospective OnePlus One owners. According to his post, the man’s phone randomly exploded in his back pocket, spewing out so much heat that it actually burned the back of his leg.

This case is particularly concerning because the battery was under very little stress at the time, since the phone was not plugged in.

MiYzu included several photos with his post, a few of which can be seen below.

OnePlus responded with the following statement, which was sent to Android Police via email.

We are very sorry to see one of our users had to experience this with their device as the safety of our customers is our first and foremost concern. We have already contacted MiYzu to learn more about his condition, as well as dispatched OnePlus staff to physically retrieve back the phone. This way, we can determine the circumstances surrounding this so that we may work to prevent this happening in the future.
Our products undergo extremely rigorous testing, and this is the first time anything like this has happened. We take this issue very seriously. We will send MiyZu a new phone and also reimburse him for the damage to his jeans and phone case, as well as any medical costs associated with this accident.

keezy

Also it looks like OPO just gave away 30 invites on their FB page. It was first come first serve. They went fast...

TomPUH

are we still using the invite list? i have an invite to give away and unsure what name i'm suppose to go with.

Could always pass it over here! I think the list is still good and up to date though so just see who hasn't got "received" next to it and PM them.

I got another invite. Did anyone else get two invites when they gave away the first one?

Anyways, quote to see the link:

Man, I really hope the Moto X+1 is good. Only reason I'm not going O+O is because the screen is way too big for me.

PuMa

I got another invite. Did anyone else get two invites when they gave away the first one?

Anyways, quote to see the link:

Man, I really hope the Moto X+1 is good. Only reason I'm not going O+O is because the screen is way too big for me.

Snagged. Thank you!

Aswell

According to the official forum, invitations are currently sent for the members whose profile number is around #100000.

(This member is #97951 and has received their invitation last Friday.)

Tidd

Damn it. I´ll never get one. Always late. :(

Haha same here :p
But I'm still not sure if really want this phone. I'm happy with my two years old Nexus 4 and I don't know if the OnePlus One is too big for me. Also the yellow banding scares me. =/

Haha same here :p
But I'm still not sure if really want this phone. I'm happy with my two years old Nexus 4 and I don't know if the OnePlus One is too big for me. Also the yellow banding scares me. =/

I got one built 8/6 and the yellow was really improved over the one I had earlier that was built in July. Most people are saying it isn't there in the newer ones from people who received them on the opo forum.

Aswell

As I have ordered mine thanks to the invitation I got yesterday, I can be removed from the list (I'll fill in the appropriate form in the OP).

I'll give GAF my "official" invitation as soon as I receive it. Theoretically I should get it next month, as my member number is around 124000 and they're currently sending invites to members whose number is around 100000.

I don't know if this can help, but shipping costs to France are:
- €13.99 for standard
- €24.99 for express

People who already have the OnePlus One: which protection case have you bought? I wanted to get an official one but apparently they're not available yet...?

Hammer24

Banned
People who already have the OnePlus One: which protection case have you bought? I wanted to get an official one but apparently they're not available yet...?

I ordered the official flip case with mine. Don´t know if I´ll stick with it, just wanted to have something.

Aswell

I ordered the official flip case with mine. Don´t know if I´ll stick with it, just wanted to have something.
I see, thanks. I wanted to do the same but this case appeared as "coming soon" on the shop.
I just switched regions and it seems that the official case is available in the US but not in Europe. I hope I'll be able to order one later without having to pay expensive delivery fees!

Hammer24

Banned
I see, thanks. I wanted to do the same but this case appeared as "coming soon" on the shop.
I just switched regions and it seems that the official case is available in the US but not in Europe. I hope I'll be able to order one later without having to pay expensive delivery fees!

That's the biggest selection on cases I found thus far.

No idea on shipping costs, though.
If anyone comes across a waterproof case, please let me know! :)

Aswell

Thanks for the link!
The official cases are sold on this website (it seems to be an official website from the company which manufactures the OPO). I will certainly place an order soon then.

Rafy

The phone did not explode it just burned through the plastic. The guy was sitting on it and probably bent the battery, releasing the chemicals which mixed and caused a reaction that produced a lot of heat. Result: burned the back of the phone and his leg.

i remember back in the days i would sit on my sidekick in the back pocket. glad back then it was tough enough for my fat ass lol.

also preorder might start in october. but we'll see.

http://pocketnow.com/2014/08/29/oneplus-invites-ending

Top Bottom