• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

colt92

Neo Member
After a week with the phone I'm absolutely sure I don't have any yellow bars or yellow areas on the screen.
The only thing that's pissing me off a little is the proximity sensor bug. That aside, I think it's a great phone and don't see any flaws in it.

beat

They do a slow rollout. Don't think it took longer than a day last time though.

Nah, that last update with the battery draining bug took five or six days from when I read about it here to going out to my phone.

Anyone know if I can safely ignore the previous update and wait for the new one, or do they have to be installed sequentially?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LWSRVN8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

or http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MBS1NA0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The Tudia will provide better protection, but the Diztronic looks nicer. If you get the Tudia don't do clear. It's not really clear. Just a warning. Also glass protectors work with the Tudia and might not with the Diztronic.
I just got a silicone case from ebay for $3... And the glass protector I also got from ebay works fine with it.

After a week with the phone I'm absolutely sure I don't have any yellow bars or yellow areas on the screen.
The only thing that's pissing me off a little is the proximity sensor bug. That aside, I think it's a great phone and don't see any flaws in it.

They released a fix for it last night. It could take a few days to get to your phone or you could sideload it.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Nah, that last update with the battery draining bug took five or six days from when I read about it here to going out to my phone.

Anyone know if I can safely ignore the previous update and wait for the new one, or do they have to be installed sequentially?

I just got a silicone case from ebay for $3... And the glass protector I also got from ebay works fine with it.

Pretty sure it requires your phone to have the latest update. You could wait for a fully flashable zip version though.

I'm having a problem with charging on mine. For some reason the charger it came with is hit or miss. As in sometimes I plug it in it will charge and sometimes it won't. Third party chargers are fine though and the OPO charger itself is fine as it still charges other stuff. Not sure what to do.

I'm having a problem with charging on mine. For some reason the charger it came with is hit or miss. As in sometimes I plug it in it will charge and sometimes it won't. Third party chargers are fine though and the OPO charger itself is fine as it still charges other stuff. Not sure what to do.

The cable they included is all style and no function. Shit when I first got mine I thought it was plugged in correctly but I actually had the cord plugged in upside down. It sits very loose. I'd recommend just using a different charger or using a different cable with their charger.

Cake Boss

Banned
Love this phone even more after the update, love the lock screen notifications. Android has been missing out. And the battery has been back to normal, which is a really awesome battery.

beat

Pretty sure it requires your phone to have the latest update. You could wait for a fully flashable zip version though.
I updated this afternoon with the buggy update and within an hour the even newer update was ready for my phone.

Love this phone even more after the update, love the lock screen notifications. Android has been missing out. And the battery has been back to normal, which is a really awesome battery.

Do the lock screen notifications work on the custom lock screen or do you have to use the stock Android lockscreen?

I also just noticed that I can't change the slider shortcuts on my home screen to any of the apps I'd want to. I wanted to change messages to Hangouts but when I go to change it Hangouts isn't an option. I know in past past it would let me change it to any app I wanted. Now it only let's me pick random stuff like music playlist or Google Drive shortcuts.

Would probably be the best idea since there were no hardware issues with all those oppo finds.

The Oppo has the same yellow band issue and ghost touch issue the one plus one has. Oppo finally admitted it was a problem and replaced phones for people, while One Plus One still claims it's a feature. Some speculate they are using the bad screens that get returned or fail qa from Oppo for the one plus one.

Blablurn

The Oppo has the same yellow band issue and ghost touch issue the one plus one has. Oppo finally admitted it was a problem and replaced phones for people, while One Plus One still claims it's a feature. Some speculate they are using the bad screens that get returned or fail qa from Oppo for the one plus one.
I had no idea. What the fuck.

Well. I guess we can agree that they are no xiaomi.

Dezcom

First to reply gets it via pm. Expires in one day, better hurry 3:34 pm MT. If not claimed by 12pm MT tomorrow, imma give it away at OPO Forums.

I'm probably late... Been wanting an android for awhile now.

Edit: Whoa, didn't think I'd get one. Thanks StoneHeart!

RuGalz

After getting the first one, multiple family members want it -.- Got a second one for my sister and the screen is perfect this time. Still haven't got invites for share yet, I guess they reserved a lot of those for the contests these days.

Gallbaro

Banned
attachment.php

LG G3, rooted of bloatware from att.

I've been meaning to upgrade from my Nexus 4. I kind of getting tired of it to tell you the truth. Would love to have a 64GB OPO invite if anyone has one to spare, I'm looking for something with a lot of storage, LTE and a better camera.

EDIT: I'll definitely pay it forward so another GAFfer can have a chance to get one.

keezy

I've been meaning to upgrade from my Nexus 4. I kind of getting tired of it to tell you the truth. Would love to have a 64GB OPO invite if anyone has one to spare, I'm looking for something with a lot of storage, LTE and a better camera.

I'm getting tired of my Nexus 5 lol. I can't imagine holding out that long :p

Adam Blue

So I got an invite that I had to claim in 24 hours. I did. But, I wasn't able to purchase until a few days later...it allowed me to go through the whole process and when checking out it said it expired. Very frustrating.

I'm getting tired of my Nexus 5 lol. I can't imagine holding out that long :p

Well I recently built my PC just a month ago so I was concentrating on that before getting a new phone. I was thinking of getting a Nexus 5 earlier this year but was turned off by the ho-hum upgrades to the Nexus 4. Hopefully I could get this phone because it sounds like a deal for the 64GB plus hearing the positive updates towards the phone.

Frodo

How can I take my name off of the list?

Just bought a Moto G because my last phone broke and I needed a replacement. I won't be buying any new phone any time soon... :|

Aswell

How can I take my name off of the list?

Just bought a Moto G because my last phone broke and I needed a replacement. I won't be buying any new phone any time soon... :|
There is a link at the bottom of the OP where you can ask for an update of your status. You've to quote the OP to reveal it.
You'll have to mention in the form that you have received your invite/your phone but you can just add next to your nickname that you're not interested anymore by the OPO.

By the way, is there a way to know the delivery fees of the OnePlus One before being able to order it?

Adam Blue

There is a link at the bottom of the OP where you can ask for an update of your status. You've to quote the OP to reveal it.
You'll have to mention in the form that you have received your invite/your phone but you can just add next to your nickname that you're not interested anymore by the OPO.

By the way, is there a way to know the delivery fees of the OnePlus One before being able to order it?

I was able to get to the checkout screen (but it didnt let me pay!!!!) and it showed to be about $15.

Aswell

I was able to get to the checkout screen (but it didnt let me pay!!!!) and it showed to be about $15.
I see, thanks.
I've tried to go to the checkout screen as well before asking here in order to simulate a purchase, but the website did not let me add the phone in the shopping cart (got a message telling me that I needed an invite even to do so).

Received my second invite (first one expired before I had a chance to give it away) and ordered the 64Gb one. So it takes about a month before I have invites to give? Will pass around once they are here.

Top Bottom