• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

Qvoth

someone made an app on the OPO forums, i think it works since it's been going on for quite a while
i heard the yellow tint can disappear after some time by itself as well
hoping i can buy this when i go to hongkong on november

Seanbob11

Hey guys. I've got three invites to give away.

Can't be bothered with a modbot or anything so first 3 pm's get one.

Cheers :)

edit: All gone.

stormplyr

If anybody is still looking for an invite and having trouble, check the OnePlus subreddit. There's invites being given away quite frequently.

^This.

Rooting took me a few minutes - it does involving backuping once if you didn't do it during your initial setup when you got the phone.

Yeah, I can unlock the bootloader, install twrp, and root within about 10 minutes now that I have all the files set up using the guide on xda.

Does anyone else need an invite? Must be ready to purchase immediately.

XBP

Just ordered the phone. Thanks @BoboBrazil for the invite. A little pissed that i had to pay 420$ due to US -> Canada exchange rate, :S. Still better than a 750$ unlocked flagship i guess.

Just ordered the phone. Thanks @BoboBrazil for the invite. A little pissed that i had to pay 420$ due to US -> Canada exchange rate, :S. Still better than a 750$ unlocked flagship i guess.

Yeah, it's still the top performing phone out in benchmarks. I'm keeping mine until the Nexus 6 comes out.

I hear ya there but I'm still looking forward to it. Where are you located? I'd be interested to compare shipping times and duty fees once we get them. Central Ontario here btw.

XBP

I hear ya there but I'm still looking forward to it. Where are you located? I'd be interested to compare shipping times and duty fees once we get them. Central Ontario here btw.

I'm in Alberta. Lets see how much DHL charges us for the delivery. I've heard its 20-50$ more depending on which province you're in.

Saiyan-Rox

Hey everyone! got an invite available so using modbot to give it away

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rox598, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black -- MB-53ACA47FBB268885 - Taken by vctor182. 1 entrants total.

t1411585248z1.png

Might have another later on as a mate "might" want it but at least this one is free. Good luck!

oxidax

Ok so I see you guys just giving out invites. I have 3 to give away.
Are we following the list or what? how is this working?

So reading on reddit people claim that they made the back smoother in latest batches? Any truth to that?

I've had a few of them. I've experienced 3 different backs. One was smoother like velvet. One was rougher like sandpaper, and one was kind of in the middle. Also the screens have been different when comparing them to each other side by side. One was brighter(slight yellow visible) while another was a little darker( no yellow).

Reading through their official forum, some of the problems reported got me concerned. I hope the phone I get is problem free, otherwise their RMA process seems rather tedious.

Well after having a few phones from them I've noticed a few things. The ones from September do not have a yellow band issue, however the screen is warmer than the screen on mine from late August. Pretty much any other issue is software based and can be fixed by flashing a custom rom/kernel.

XBP

Well after having a few phones from them I've noticed a few things. The ones from September do not have a yellow band issue, however the screen is warmer than the screen on mine from late August. Pretty much any other issue is software based and can be fixed by flashing a custom rom/kernel.

Yeah, i'm thinking of installing franco kernel when I get the phone. Most people seem to be rather satisfied with it. A question by the way, will rooting the phone affect installing OTA updates?

Yeah, i'm thinking of installing franco kernel when I get the phone. Most people seem to be rather satisfied with it. A question by the way, will rooting the phone affect installing OTA updates?

No, but you will have to root again after updating to a newer OTA. It usually breaks root so you need to reflash the .zip in TWRP.

Kinda off topic, this will be my second smart phone so my first time having to transfer things to a new phone. Whats the best way to transfer contacts and everything else? Is there an app to do that or manually transfer files through a computer? I'm out of the loop with this stuff.

Top Bottom