• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Online Dating |OT| Please Respond

Lulubop

"Great, Saturday at 6 then?"

I wasn't sure how to interrupt that 'yea', the it was nice to meet you seemed dismissive.

I said, 'so we should kick it again".

Fulling expecting the nice guy line or no reply at all. Kinda salty, but more salty over this haircut at the moment to be honest.

ameratsu

So when Tindering, I never read bios and don't usually look at all of a girl's photos unless we match. Usually 2-3 and I know which way I'm swiping.

Today this strategy did not pan out. Swiped right on a cute girl, matched. Looked through the rest of her photos only to be horrified at her doing blackface Aunt Jemima at a costume party . What in the actual fuck was that.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
So when Tindering, I never read bios and don't usually look at all of a girl's photos unless we match. Usually 2-3 and I know which way I'm swiping.

Today this strategy did not pan out. Swiped right on a cute girl, matched. Looked through the rest of her photos only to be horrified at her doing blackface Aunt Jemima at a costume party . What in the actual fuck was that.

She sounds high fructose.

Gray Matter

Got like 7-9 likes in OKC so far during my visit to NYC, too bad I can't see them.

Also, I think I would have much more success if I lived in a big populated area like NYC.

Jokab

Interesting observation: out of my 75 or so matches on Tinder, I think I haven't ever matched with a girl older than me. I'm 22 and I search in the range 18-24. There pool in the 19-21 range is probably way larger than the 23-24 though. I'm not complaining, just something I randomly came to think about.

Tried a dating app today that shows you when your message is read or deleted.
Sent 10 messages, got 7 Profile visits and 7 deleted messages.
Doesn't feel great.

Llyranor

What's the point of knowing whether they read or deleted your messages? If you don't get a response, the end-result is the same, anyway. Best not to ponder it too much and move on.

Zelias

Banned
Managing to get a fair few conversations going but eventually they all go the same way: after a couple of decent messages between us (like, I can literally count them on one hand) the girl eventually replies with a one-line response that asks no questions and doesn't respond to my follow up.

Am I just leaving it too late to actually ask for a date or their number? I always feel like a bad conversationalist online, and I wonder if it appears I'm not showing any interest because I don't want to feel like I'm coming on too strong. I know fading is a common enough thing, it just seems to always go this way, which makes me wonder if there's something I can do to step my own game up.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I always ask for her number or ask her out, within 10 back-and-forth messages.

Don't wait around.

I really don't think there is a magic number of messages, but sooner is always better then later. Just ask them. If the conversation is dying anyway, there's nothing to lose.

JDHarbs

So there is this girl on OKC that is only online once every week or so. I've messaged her a couple of times and she replied back once, but she's gotta have a ton of messages to go through whenever she does actually log in.

I'm wondering if I should just ask her out so I'm not waiting a week between replies or risking them getting lost in the shuffle. Her one reply was just a one word response, and she's never looked at my profile that I know of unless she's on the A-List thing.

Worth a shot or too soon?

So there is this girl on OKC that is only online once every week or so. I've messaged her a couple of times and she replied back once, but she's gotta have a ton of messages to go through whenever she does actually log in.

I'm wondering if I should just ask her out so I'm not waiting a week between replies or risking them getting lost in the shuffle. Her one reply was just a one word response, and she's never looked at my profile that I know of unless she's on the A-List thing.

Worth a shot or too soon?
You sent multiple messages and she only replied once with one word. She's not interested. I wouldn't bother.

I also wouldn't sent someone more then 1 message if they don't reply. Just move on and don't think about it.

JDHarbs

You sent multiple messages and she only replied once with one word. She's not interested. I wouldn't bother.

I also wouldn't sent someone more then 1 message if they don't reply. Just move on and don't think about it.
Well, I only sent 2 and the second one was after her reply. She hasn't been online since so she likely hasn't even seen it yet.

Gray Matter

Well, the tinder experiment in NYC was a complete failure, granted, I only used 1-2 the entire weekend as I was busy with friends and I knew nothing was going to come of it, OKC tho, was a bit more successful, sorta. Got about a dozen likes.

Also, I gotta say, I'm impressed with the choices I was given, lots of attractive girls that are interested in a lot of things I also like. Back home in CT I'm lucky if I see a new profile a week. Definitely like the numbers in a big city, although the competition surely is lot tougher, both in quantity and looks.

Well, I only sent 2 and the second one was after her reply. She hasn't been online since so she likely hasn't even seen it yet.
Ah, my bad. Thought you sent multiple before she replied.

I'd wait for a reply and ask her then.

One word answers are mostly not a good sign, but sometimes it works out. Wouldn't get my hopes up though.

AcridMeat

Banned
Welp tonight worked out well. Girl from tinder started talking to me the night before, lives around my town rather than in SF, had some things in common, they wanted me to head out to a bar to watch the Warriors game so I did. Met a whole bunch of their drunk as hell friends and it was a bit of a wild/funny night, which then culminated to me ending my dry spell
made sure a bunch of times, I stopped everything at multiple points saying it's okay to stop, but she was practically begging for it.
AYYYYY

Time to pass the fuck out because it's 4am.

edit:
It was their first time meeting someone off of tinder which is why I was being extra sure they were okay with it. I wasn't even the one who brought it up weeee.

Lulubop

Welp tonight worked out well. Girl from tinder started talking to me the night before, lives around my town rather than in SF, had some things in common, they wanted me to head out to a bar to watch the Warriors game so I did. Met a whole bunch of their drunk as hell friends and it was a bit of a wild/funny night, which then culminated to me ending my dry spell
made sure a bunch of times, I stopped everything at multiple points saying it's okay to stop, but she was practically begging for it.
AYYYYY

Time to pass the fuck out because it's 4am.

image.php

One time I met a girl who thought I was black, and when I told her I wasn't, she told me it's cool as long as I pretend to be black

Followed by "I'm not racist lol"

She's a teacher.

Also, can I send my pics to someone here to get feedback. I'm protective of posting them here, but I don't know if I can improve my profile

TxdoHawk

Went through several days of getting no messages back from women. "Fuck this, I'm going to the gym" I think to myself, and as if on cue THREE women message me back at once. Good grief.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
One time I met a girl who thought I was black, and when I told her I wasn't, she told me it's cool as long as I pretend to be black

Followed by "I'm not racist lol"

She's a teacher.

Also, can I send my pics to someone here to get feedback. I'm protective of posting them here, but I don't know if I can improve my profile

If nobody has helped you out, pm me. I'm about to go to sleep, but will give you any feedback in the morning.

Lulubop

Really cute blond hit me up on OKC, got to texting, turning to set something up. She seems really, really familiar though but I can't put it together

BIGWORM

My girlfriend and I. Been dating for a few months now. I get the feel goods when I'm with her. Haven't felt this way in a long time. Some may or may not have noticed I haven't been really posting in here lately, and she'd be the reason. Just wanted to give all you guys and gals words of hope: take your time. Don't rush into relationships. Someone will love you and care for you, regardless of your imperfections. If you're pretending to be someone that you're not for the sake of not losing the one you're talking to, that's not a healthy situation you should put yourself in.

I'll still be lurking the thread like I have been. I guess I can also offer advice to those who seek it, PM or otherwise. =D

Congrats, BIGWORM!

I'm not having much luck these days. Had some conversations going, but they mostly petered out. Even the one girl who goes to school several hours away, who I'd been talking to for months. She got back with her ex, and is moving to another province.

I had put an ad up on Craigslist, and got one reply. It was from a girl who said I seemed really nice and wanted to know what I look for in a woman. She was surprised I'd only had the one reply.

We sent quite a few emails, also several texts, and she asked for a picture. I sent mine three to four times, because it apparently wasn't going through. Shortly after that, she stopped talking.

It sucks

I'm definitely not classically attractive, and don't really consider myself to be attractive, but some girls say I am.

Congrats, BIGWORM!

I'm not having much luck these days. Had some conversations going, but they mostly petered out.
Don't worry about it. Stuff seems to come in waves. Next month you find yourself talking to five girls at once and then to none for weeks at a time. At least that's my experience.

I also wouldn't message people months and months without meeting. After a while stuff just dies down and interest goes away.

TxdoHawk

Set up a date for this Saturday. This one looks promising. We're gonna go get yakitori in the city and then hit up a nearby cocktail bar.

My girlfriend and I. Been dating for a few months now. I get the feel goods when I'm with her. Haven't felt this way in a long time.

Awesome, dude. Super glad for ya.

Gray Matter

Love seeing success stories, congrats WORM!

---------

Chatting with a cute girl on tinder, conversation is going well. As I've learned from GAF, don't waste any time. Wish me luck.

Edit: is going too well, too good to be true?

Good luck

I find a lot of really interesting-seeming girls' profiles, but most of them are from an hour or more away. It sucks.

------------

Are you guys 100% sure I can't delete my Xpress account? I want it to be disassociated with my email. Though they upgraded my account to an All Access Pass for free, I don't trust it and haven't visited it.

Lulubop

Set up a date for this Saturday. This one looks promising. We're gonna go get yakitori in the city and then hit up a nearby cocktail bar.

Awesome, dude. Super glad for ya.

What part of the city you live?

Got A date with the blond who looks familiar on sat at 2 in central park. Short date though since she goes in at 4. The best or schedules can do. On her profile it says she's not looking for something serious which is a little disappointing but that 1-2 dates on the most important okc question 😏

stn

Questions regarding Tinder. I've been signing in once a week and always get the "you have a match" notification. Sooo...

1. Does the above mean girls are swiping yes while I'm away?

2. Let's say I only search for girls aged 25-30 - does that mean only girls within that age range will see my profile?

3. If a girl swipes "yes" before I have, does that mean Tinder will automatically show me her profile the next time I search?

Thanks.

Jokab

Questions regarding Tinder. I've been signing in once a week and always get the "you have a match" notification. Sooo...

1. Does the above mean girls are swiping yes while I'm away?

2. Let's say I only search for girls aged 25-30 - does that mean only girls within that age range will see my profile?

3. If a girl swipes "yes" before I have, does that mean Tinder will automatically show me her profile the next time I search?

Thanks.

1. You've swiped yes on them earlier, and while you've been away they've swiped on you.

2. It means you will only see girls in that age group. Anyone who searches for your age group will see you (provided Tinder decides to show you to them).

3. She will get pushed to the top, yes. You might not see her immediately, but eventually. I find that girls I match with are among the first ten for that session.

Top Bottom