• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Online Dating |OT| Please Respond

Hey guys! Reporting now from some darkened room. I can see the sun peeking in through the bars, slowly fading from the zenith towards the West, so I assume I must still be in Europe somewhere. So yea, the night went pretty much as expected. As soon as I entered her room, I was welcomed by the sight of mutilated organs covering the floor, also I think I saw two creepy twin girls appearing for half a second, alive then dead an instant later. Then I just felt something hitting me on my head, but fortunately I managed to swallow my iPhone 6 plus before losing consiousness. And here I am. Pls send help I guess.

No yea, everything went well! Met her directly in her room cause she said she was wearing pajamas and didn't want to be a bitch about that. We talked for a while then went into action. She was very sweet and affectionate. Only twist, it later turns out she is married. Not sure how to feel about that. Oh well. She said she was gonna miss me and maybe we'll see each other again some day.

Not terribly surprised about her being married but at least you didn't die.

Not exactly sure why I did this, but I texted the girl who's obviously been ignoring me, saying that I hope her week was going well -- got a reply back that, after 5 dates, she didn't feel a "spark" and didn't want to continue dating, but I was an incredible guy, etc. Told her I kinda already knew and wished her the best.

This is a recurring theme at this point. First and second dates go extremely well, but I can't hold anyone's interest. Frankly, I'm not upset -- just feeling jaded at wading back in to this.

I would think after 5 dates she'd at least let you know instead of fading. She probably found someone else since she was so insistent on seeing other people.

About holding their interest, I assume you are also dropping girls you don't feel a spark with? If it's always you vying for another date and them not reciprocating maybe you're going too fast or setting expectations that they feel like they can't meet.

I completely agree, I guess its just hard to find someone who is active and into fitness that isn't also into being super ambitious about all other angles of their life (job, activities, traveling) where I'm more chill about that type of stuff (even though I do have a good job that I like). I guess I should stop complaining after being on a dating site for less than a week. I'll keep my mouth shut and just keep sending out messages : ). As someone else said, online dating be fickle as fuck.

I read your profile and my conclusion is that I need to get a dog. Seriously though, you're a good-looking active guy and shouldn't have any trouble meeting people. Maybe have a little more info on your job (I just saw your income and it could attract the wrong type of person).

Ok I really appreciate the advise, thanks a lot!!!

Being 33, I'm actually having a really hard time connecting with women my age so far. It seems like any girls that are in decent shape at my age are extremely career focused, very ambitious, want a guy who is extremely driven, handsome, makes good money and is also kind and down to earth, and well traveled and very intelligent. That is a shitload of criteria for a guy to fill. I'm finding myself skewing to younger girls (24/25) range because they don't seem to have so many restrictions. Any other guys a bit older having the same type of issues?

I think you've hit on something pretty interesting here. If you notice a lot of the women in their 30s on dating sites... they are looking for something really fantastic. They want someone who has it all, and they won't settle for less. Which is perfectly fine of course. I often wonder how it will work out for them with those expectations though. Especially in my area (LA), expectations are a little skewed in my opinion.

Jhoan

Hmm, that would explain why a lotta older guys would message me xD

I know I'm not an older guy, but I can understand why women in their 30s are like that--they want a stable man that they can hopefully build a long lasting relationship with. They don't want to worry about things younger people may worry about, like financial difficulties and guys that might be leeches (because to many, if you haven't at least made significant steps to reaching your goal by 30, it makes it look like you have no drive at all). I'm 27, and at this point, I don't want to date anyone that looks like they have no ambition or don't have a job, due to both me getting older and my ex being a financial leech on me. I'm not gonna say "oh you have to make 50k a year and be awesome off in your career", because I haven't even done that myself, but as we get older most people want more stability.

Now, I'm going to assume you're slightly overreacting a bit due to lack of message backs--few women are going to ask of THAT much of you, even if they put it in their profile--but they are going to be pickier when they're older, and certain seemingly small things (do you have a car? Is that your career, or just a job? Do you have a constant paycheck?) make a big difference.

EDIT: I realize I'm being rambly, I'm sorry. Lack of sleep.
Welp, this why we can be BFFs fellow Juneteenth; because I'm at the figure it out/quarter life crisis stage of my life after having graduated from undergrad. Although to be fair, my situation is a little bit more complicated for reasons that I won't go into here but it affords me the time to take on jobs while I carve out my calling and save up money. If I wanted the safe route, there's always the 9-5 but I would be somewhat miserable doing that despite having disposable income to travel. I do like that you're realistic with expectations.

That said, it does make going out with girls around our age a lot harder because the question always comes down to "What do you do" and wanting to know the living situation (I've mentioned before that I live at home with family). It's a lot of pressure when people have certain standards/expectations about going out with guys at that age; financially well off, independent, living with roommates, traveling, cooking. Hell, even younger girls in their early 20s expect that.

To some degree, it's going to make it that much more intimidating to meet up the 30 year old woman who works in finance on Monday. Pretty much every girl I've gone out with has a day job or a part time job. But in the end of the day, it's either they're okay with it or they're not. Stability and social mobility is always on one's mind regardless of whether you live in a huge city or say in the suburbs of Wisconsin.

Any way to get back on topic: I had Google Hangouts chat with another teacher (are you guys noticing a pattern here? I keep getting matched up with teachers for some odd reason possibly because artist + teacher= natural match) last night because she wanted to know what I sound design like. It was one of the few times I've ever called a girl from the Internet given how much of a texting addict I've become so it was nice to finally speak to someone in ages. I think calls are still appreciated these days. She told me I spoke like a White person which I took as a back handed compliment. I found it rather sweet and endearing to hear her voice.

Any way, I think we're going to meet up on Sunday since I realized that I have orientation for a convention that I'm going to be working at next on Saturday and told her so. I think I've adapted a zero hoots given mode with my online dating approach these days that it's become increasingly easy get dates these days. And if a girl doesn't reply, I still feel good any way.

Lulubop

I mean, sounds like you were boring her bro. lol sorry I don't know how else to explain that.

Probably, but it went 0-100 real quick. Conversation was going well, asked if she wanted another drink and she agree. The bar was crowded so she was like wanna go somewhere else. Hit up another place, she us a round and shots. As soon as we settle some place by the bar she just started starring off into space. I was like ok, and then she said she had to go right after. I was like ok, and that was that. Stuff like this makes me feel really ugly. Like I didn't look like my pictures or something. My confidence just tanks.

I did meet up with another girl who happened to be around, she seemed down to come over but that wasn't gonna happen.

Leeness

I got lucky with no younger guys really (I live in a college town so they have more than enough people their age), but the older ones were pretty creepy most of the time. I think all but like two were obviously the type that didn't know how to date/have a relationship/talk to anyone (woman or man), and were trying their luck with someone younger in hope of them not knowing better. Or maybe they though them having decent jobs would get them laid (tbqh I don't know if they had well paying jobs or not; I didn't look when I saw their ages). They'd also be the ones that would get maddest if I didn't reply to their messages.

I look really young even at 28, so I guess they think it's flattering to be all "omg r u really 28??? wife material!! =^_^=" (verbatim from a 19 year old...).

I can't really say which group gets angrier when I ignore. I think older guys send more "hi" "hi" "hi" "hi" before petering off, but I've had a few younger ones do the "omg ur beautiful" "y dont u reply???" "ur fat ne way" haha.

stn

The bar was crowded so she was like wanna go somewhere else. Hit up another place, she us a round and shots. As soon as we settle some place by the bar she just started starring off into space.
This might have been your cue to suggest sexy time at your place or hers. I always like to think through these situations logically, and I honestly cannot think of anything else.

gaiages

Banned

Well, I'm still in school myself--I don't have my Bachelor's yet (although I have my Associates, but that doesn't mean too much to most places), part from the financial drain I mentioned, and part because when I had to drop out for a while, I got my financial aid revoked and couldn't get it back for years. So yeah, I can't fault someone else for still being in school, or not working their dream job, or whatever.

I think a part of that problem is that many people still have the mindset that everyone, after leaving high school, follows the same path. Basically, graduate at 18 > college starts fall that year > graduate with Bachelor's at 22 > get an entry level position within six months or more schooling depending on the major > usually have a steady, decent paying job around 25-26. But, with the economy and the terrible prices for an education, many people simply cannot do all that anymore, whether it's the inability to find a job, or afford college, or maybe just taking a little time between high school and college. But alas, many people view you as a failure if you didn't do the above originally. It's rather silly.

But I'm getting off topic.

I look really young even at 28, so I guess they think it's flattering to be all "omg r u really 28??? wife material!! =^_^=" (verbatim from a 19 year old...).

I can't really say which group gets angrier when I ignore. I think older guys send more "hi" "hi" "hi" "hi" before petering off, but I've had a few younger ones do the "omg ur beautiful" "y dont u reply???" "ur fat ne way" haha.

Hahaha, omg, that is creepy. I'm glad I haven't had anyone go *that* far, lol.

Most guys would send me passive aggressive messages, like it'd go "hi" next day "how are you" day after "well nice talking to you" or "guess i'm too ugly for you". One guy was like, "Oh, I guess I'm too old for you, I'm offended! :p" Well yeah... you're 41, you're a bit too old, sorry... >.>" I got a lot of people that acted really negative too, it was bleh.

Lulubop

This might have been your cue to suggest sexy time at your place or hers. I always like to think through these situations logically, and I honestly cannot think of anything else.

Hmm, maybe but we hadn't kissed or anything so I'm not sure. I don't like to be that forward either. Yea I really don't get, didn't even hear from her after but I did send a text saying that was pretty weird. She was ok, so I'm not to bummed about it's more about it being a blow to my confidence .

Dartastic

I broke up with my live in GF of 3 years a week ago. I'm going to be 31 in October. I am not looking forward to dating again. Sigh.

huxley00

Not terribly surprised about her being married but at least you didn't die.

I would think after 5 dates she'd at least let you know instead of fading. She probably found someone else since she was so insistent on seeing other people.

About holding their interest, I assume you are also dropping girls you don't feel a spark with? If it's always you vying for another date and them not reciprocating maybe you're going too fast or setting expectations that they feel like they can't meet.

I read your profile and my conclusion is that I need to get a dog. Seriously though, you're a good-looking active guy and shouldn't have any trouble meeting people. Maybe have a little more info on your job (I just saw your income and it could attract the wrong type of person).
Appreciate it :), thanks, I have always been an kind of an icy hearted type, getting a dog has really made me realize that I am capable of loving, best experience ever (but expensive!)

huxley00

I broke up with my live in GF of 3 years a week ago. I'm going to be 31 in October. I am not looking forward to dating again. Sigh.

Hang in there bro, I did the same thing with my live in gf of 2.5 years 2 months ago, I'm 33, you're still young, I wouldn't feel too bad about it. Better than being married to someone you're not suited for.

huxley00

I think you've hit on something pretty interesting here. If you notice a lot of the women in their 30s on dating sites... they are looking for something really fantastic. They want someone who has it all, and they won't settle for less. Which is perfectly fine of course. I often wonder how it will work out for them with those expectations though. Especially in my area (LA), expectations are a little skewed in my opinion.

I guess I can't blame them, a lot of them seem to be very successful and driven themselves. You see a lot of successful guys with less successful girls, but not so much the other way around, who knows!

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I sent a bunch of messages today and got burned out. I found a really interesting profile and couldn't think of anything to say, so I just had it open in tab in the background for like an hour. Finally I came up with a lame joke. So there goes any chance of that person replying.

Having become a mod is kind of a good thing, I guess. It leads me to leave a tab open most of the time to wait for the flags to regenerate. Once I'm done with flagged stuff I look at profiles again, so I've been sending more messages.

There are so many dicks though. Nobody wants to see that, stop it guys.

Ok I really appreciate the advise, thanks a lot!!!

Being 33, I'm actually having a really hard time connecting with women my age so far. It seems like any girls that are in decent shape at my age are extremely career focused, very ambitious, want a guy who is extremely driven, handsome, makes good money and is also kind and down to earth, and well traveled and very intelligent. That is a shitload of criteria for a guy to fill. I'm finding myself skewing to younger girls (24/25) range because they don't seem to have so many restrictions. Any other guys a bit older having the same type of issues?

Well, I've faced a similar problem: I'm 32, and women my age are definitely established, and they're also usually kid- and family-focused. I totally get it. I mean, I generally found myself skewing towards younger women too (27/28), although I'd certainly make allowances in either direction depending on the person. Also, and this is horrible to say (although it's utterly true): it's generally easier to impress them by having your shit together, and it doesn't always feel like you have to meet every criterion. There's slightly more wiggle room. I also generally feel more comfortable with the dynamic, and it helps that slightly younger women are more down to go out and have fun.

Leeness

Hahaha, omg, that is creepy. I'm glad I haven't had anyone go *that* far, lol.

Most guys would send me passive aggressive messages, like it'd go "hi" next day "how are you" day after "well nice talking to you" or "guess i'm too ugly for you". One guy was like, "Oh, I guess I'm too old for you, I'm offended! :p" Well yeah... you're 41, you're a bit too old, sorry... >.>" I got a lot of people that acted really negative too, it was bleh.

I've had a couple young guys say they would "wife" me (one sent the same message like five times, like he'd forgotten he'd sent it). It's really weird.

And yeah, the passive aggressive ones are funny too. Had one guy who sent about 10 that ranged from "hi" "hey" to "why won't you talk to me?" to "I just don't get it!!!". Like he asked "why?" a bunch of times, like he was having this existential crisis.

At this point, I screen cap the weirdest ones and send them to one of my friends and we giggle over them lol.

I've had a couple young guys say they would "wife" me (one sent the same message like five times, like he'd forgotten he'd sent it). It's really weird.

And yeah, the passive aggressive ones are funny too. Had one guy who sent about 10 that ranged from "hi" "hey" to "why won't you talk to me?" to "I just don't get it!!!". Like he asked "why?" a bunch of times, like he was having this existential crisis.

At this point, I screen cap the weirdest ones and send them to one of my friends and we giggle over them lol.

People don't seem to understand that, honestly, you've got a much better chance at having a conversation with someone just by being normal.

Also, ladies: now you're obligated to paraphrase the worst...

Servbot24

Banned
So I met with a girl from OKC for coffee. She was very nice in her messages and even a little flirty. Then we meet in person and she's very difficult to talk to. I ask her questions and she gives short answer without asking things back, then I'd voluntarily say things about myself and she wouldn't respond much. Which is a shame too, because she was very beautiful (with an awesome French accent!). So whatever, bit odd but bound to happen in online dating. I text her afterwards thinking that she's not interested and I'll just offer a "was nice meeting you" and then she texts back, being nice again and even complimenting me.

I probably just suck at understanding some people. :p Not sure if I'll ask her out again. This seems like a lot of effort.

So I met with a girl from OKC for coffee. She was very nice in her messages and even a little flirty. Then we meet in person and she's very difficult to talk to. I ask her questions and she gives short answer without asking things back, then I'd voluntarily say things about myself and she wouldn't respond much. Which is a shame too, because she was very beautiful (with an awesome French accent!). So whatever, bit odd but bound to happen in online dating. I text her afterwards thinking that she's not interested and I'll just offer a "was nice meeting you" and then she texts back, being nice again and even complimenting me.

I probably just suck at understanding some people. :p Not sure if I'll ask her out again. This seems like a lot of effort.

She could be painfully shy or socially awkward around people.

Give her time to warm up. If she's worth the trouble, of course.

Leeness

People don't seem to understand that, honestly, you've got a much better chance at having a conversation with someone just by being normal.

Also, ladies: now you're obligated to paraphrase the worst...

Well, normal or not, I don't respond to guys younger than me anyway. I have two younger sisters so when a guy could/should be dating one of them? Creeps me the fuck out.

But really, I reply to almost no one lol. I've had my account for like a year and a half and replied to like 5 people and met none lol.

Servbot24

Banned
She could be painfully shy or socially awkward around people.

Give her time to warm up. If she's worth the trouble, of course.

Well I asked her if she wanted to do something again just for the hell of it as I thought she would say no, but she immediately suggested somewhere we should go hang out. So I guess I'll give it another shot.

Salamando

I guess I'm at a point where I'd like some feedback on my profile. Check email tag.

I guess you shouldn't use the autofill for the email insert.

I'm a higher match with you than any girl within 25 miles. If it weren't for the distance, and us both being straight males...

Said it before, and I'll say it again - get better pictures! The one that's overexposed just feels like its there so that you can say you have three pics uploaded. It doesn't flatter you, and it makes your skin look horrible. Get at least one pic of your entire torso to show off the goods, and another of you smiling.

Always recommend leaving "the first things people usually notice about me" and "the most private thing I'm willing to admit" blank. They haven't been included in profiles for at least a year now, and you're not saying too much with either.

"people often describe me as shy, by I'd judge...". First off, fix the grammar. Second, I'm not sure starting off by calling yourself shy, quiet, and making efforts to understand people. That just sounds...mechanical. I think you'd be better off taking the second paragraph, splitting it in two, and throwing in some more detail.

You're building a business? Awesome! Expound on that! Small businesses are works of passion, and everyone loves passion.

"I love read cook books". Throw a to in there.

The rest of your favorites could use some punch up too. At the very least, name genres. Food, books, movie, music, they're all great things to share. They showcase your personality. And they help indicate what a date might be like.

Your "you should message me if" is incredibly generic. You could imagine those sentences on anyone else profile.

AcridMeat

Banned
Well I asked her if she wanted to do something again just for the hell of it as I thought she would say no, but she immediately suggested somewhere we should go hang out. So I guess I'll give it another shot.
Sounds like she's shy. How good is her English? That could be compounding with it.

Probably, but it went 0-100 real quick. Conversation was going well, asked if she wanted another drink and she agree. The bar was crowded so she was like wanna go somewhere else. Hit up another place, she us a round and shots. As soon as we settle some place by the bar she just started starring off into space. I was like ok, and then she said she had to go right after. I was like ok, and that was that. Stuff like this makes me feel really ugly. Like I didn't look like my pictures or something. My confidence just tanks.

I did meet up with another girl who happened to be around, she seemed down to come over but that wasn't gonna happen.

Well, it's hard to assess info over the internet, but I'll give you my best guess as to what happened:

1. "Conversation was going well" - might not have gone as well as you think. You can have great conversations with good friends but that's not the kind of conversation a girl is looking for when she's on a date. A lot depends on what kind of conversation you're having. Also, what you say only accounts for 50% or less of the interaction, really. You can have good banter but is there mutual sexual attraction?

2. "Bar was crowded and she suggests going somewhere else" - I'm guessing you guys were trying to get another drink, kept waiting for a while, there's a lull in the interaction, she's maybe bored and getting annoyed, and finally suggests going somewhere else. I've seen this happen quite a bit and it can kill an interaction real quick. It's why it's really important to scope out a place to meet up and make sure it's adequate for what you're trying to accomplish.

3. "Hit up another spot and she orders shots" - she's probably bored / disappointed at this point and is just looking for something to spice things up, hence shots. Then she's probably waiting for you to take the interaction/conversation somewhere, thus staring off into space, and when nothing happened she gave up and went home.

If she responded to you well at the beginning of the night then it probably wasn't your looks but the interaction. But honestly, all of us have been through these kind of dates. Just gotta keep going on dates and keep getting better. Now I can look back at some bad dates years ago and go "oh that's where I lost her" or "I didn't do these things to get her interested" but at the time I had no idea.

What a difference a week makes.

This is going to start off with me venting but there’s a positive outcome at the end.

Basically I was talking to this girl for a while, we had made plans to go out for a drink but for one reason or another it never happened. I still ended up liking her and at one point I told her so, she said the same back to me. We did start to drift apart though (a lot down to not meeting up) and I had the gut feeling she was seeing someone, when I asked if she was (so I would know to leave it and move on), she denied it.

Anyways a couple of weeks back I liked an Instagram photo of a girl I went out with years ago, we ended on good terms and I still class her as a friend but I definitely don’t have feelings for her. Well the girl I did actually like saw this (she knew I went out with her) and my phone blew up with texts, “Can’t believe you’ve just liked her photo. Lol”. I told her it doesn’t mean I have feelings for her, her response was “I think it’s just hilarious that you would do it. You’re a bit of a hypocrite to say you only like me when you’re off liking other girl’s photos but whatever :)”, after that I basically told her to grow up which brought on the silent treatment for the rest of the day.

I decided to check Twitter because she had a habit of talking about me on there if we had fallen out over stupid things. So I scroll down her feed and come across a picture of a Facebook conversation she was having with someone else. So I decided to pull her up on it because I didn’t feel it was fair to call me a hypocrite for liking an Instagram picture when she’s off talking to someone else, especially when I used to be made out to be a “player” or a bad person if I mentioned anything to do with another girl. Anyways this lead to some arguing back and forward and a lot of contradictions on her part, “It’s just a recent thing” “I won’t apologise for having friends” but eventually it calmed down.

I went out the following night and sent her a drunken message; it was nothing nasty it was basically me joking about not having the urge to say anything soppy after a few drinks. Anyways I wake up and check my phone and it turns out she’s blocked me. I send her a DM on Instagram (It was desperate times) apologising for how things were the previous day which she sees and ignores.

I could still see her Twitter (now blocked, obviously had something to hide) but I didn’t try contacting her, I thought it was best to leave it for a bit. A few days go by and I’m browsing Facebook and one of the suggested friends that came up is the lad I caught her talking too. Curiosity got the better off me so I thought I’d check his profile, oh look ‘such and such is in a relationship two days ago’ hmmmm I wonder who with........

I honestly can’t believe she had the nerve to have a go at me for liking a girls picture when she’s being seeing someone else for long enough to decide she wanted to be in a relationship. I’ve never known for someone to be so immature and apply one rule for them self and one rule for others. If she had told me that she was seeing someone I would have been gutted yes, but I would’ve left it.

On the bright side I’ve stepped my Tinder game up and I’ve got two dates lined up this weekend and a further one next week. I’ve went from feeling pretty down over what has happened with that girl, to I can’t wait to go the zoo this weekend with one of those Tinder dates.

Servbot24

Banned
She overreacted to your Instagram like because she felt guilty about what she was doing herself, so she tried to transfer that feeling of guilt over to you.

Sounds like you got out early at any rate, so that's good.

Sounds like she's shy. How good is her English? That could be compounding with it.

Her English is fine. It wasn't so much shyness as aloofness I think. Which I suppose I can understand, I also try not to invest in people too much since I'm tired of getting burned that way.

gaiages

Banned
Solo, sounds like you dodged a major bullet there. You were right to tell her to grow up, she was being incredibly immature about how she acted with liking a picture (god, social media makes the worse drama excuses, ever), though I wouldn't say you snooping about her accounts looking for an excuse for an argument wasn't the best idea either. But regardless, she was in the wrong for doing what she did.

Have fun with your dates! :)

Her English is fine. It wasn't so much shyness as aloofness I think. Which I suppose I can understand, I also try not to invest in people too much since I'm tired of getting burned that way.

My excessive shyness is often seen as aloofness or me being abrasive. In reality, it's only because I have a lisp and am self-conscious about it. I wouldn't say over-invest, but I would recommend giving her a second chance (which you seem to be doing anyway).

Yeah I wasn't necessarily looking for something to argue over it was more to say, look you can't have a go at me for something so stupid when you're doing something similar.

tbh she's always had it in for the Instagram girl. They went to collage with each other but as far as I know they weren't close and didn't stay in contact afterwards. One day we just happened to both be talking about her modeling photos on Instagram, I was asked how did I know her so I told the truth and said I used to date her. After that all of a sudden they were friends on Facebook and it was questions about how many times I went out with her, why didn't I try again with her and several times I got accused of still liking her.

Agreed.

I know I'm partially to blame but it's still a shame something so stupid has left things like this. Like I said, if she had been honest with me about seeing someone else, I would've been gutted but I would've left it. I'd rather we remained friends than having nothing to do with each other.

Now though I just I can't believe I wasted so much time on on her and wasted chances with other girls that probably showed more interest meeting up.

I have a profile open of a women that I'm a 89% match with. She looks to be funny, pretty, and down to earth. I've had it open for a good half hour.

All I keep trying to think about is what to say... I don't know what should be an opener anymore.

I can't stand the frustrations around online dating. Things that should be natural to me at a bar are not working online.

megamerican

I guess I'm at a point where I'd like some feedback on my profile. Check email tag.

I guess you shouldn't use the autofill for the email insert.

I would definitely use the guitar pic as your main. Not really sure what the overexposed photo is doing for you. Get some more pics up too.

I would maybe lose the opening paragraph. It's fine to mention that you're quiet, I don't know that I'd lead with that though. The next paragraph would cover that section fine on its own.

Other then that it looks good.

Leeness

Hahaha is there a full moon or something soon?

Just got a bunch of randomly sexual messages from a few different guys in one go.

Rest

I'm a higher match with you than any girl within 25 miles. If it weren't for the distance, and us both being straight males...

Said it before, and I'll say it again - get better pictures! The one that's overexposed just feels like its there so that you can say you have three pics uploaded. It doesn't flatter you, and it makes your skin look horrible. Get at least one pic of your entire torso to show off the goods, and another of you smiling.

Always recommend leaving "the first things people usually notice about me" and "the most private thing I'm willing to admit" blank. They haven't been included in profiles for at least a year now, and you're not saying too much with either.

"people often describe me as shy, by I'd judge...". First off, fix the grammar. Second, I'm not sure starting off by calling yourself shy, quiet, and making efforts to understand people. That just sounds...mechanical. I think you'd be better off taking the second paragraph, splitting it in two, and throwing in some more detail.

You're building a business? Awesome! Expound on that! Small businesses are works of passion, and everyone loves passion.

"I love read cook books". Throw a to in there.

The rest of your favorites could use some punch up too. At the very least, name genres. Food, books, movie, music, they're all great things to share. They showcase your personality. And they help indicate what a date might be like.

Your "you should message me if" is incredibly generic. You could imagine those sentences on anyone else profile.

I would definitely use the guitar pic as your main. Not really sure what the overexposed photo is doing for you. Get some more pics up too.

I would maybe lose the opening paragraph. It's fine to mention that you're quiet, I don't know that I'd lead with that though. The next paragraph would cover that section fine on its own.

Other then that it looks good.
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Jhoan

I have a profile open of a women that I'm a 89% match with. She looks to be funny, pretty, and down to earth. I've had it open for a good half hour.

All I keep trying to think about is what to say... I don't know what should be an opener anymore.

I can't stand the frustrations around online dating. Things that should be natural to me at a bar are not working online.
aqnrOqD.gif

I've messaged plenty of girls that are 90+ percent matches and it doesn't mean a thing to me until we meet up in person since what you're doing is putting the cart before the horse obsessing over her profile. For all you know, she could have bad breath in person.

Ask a question and done since there is no perfect message. You want an easy one? Look at their picture and find one that looks cool then comment on it and ask what's the story behind it. That easy. If she doesn't respond, then no big deal.

So on another note, conversation with the girl I spoke to the other day via Google Hangouts has dried up. I gave her the option of either wanting to meet up next week or tomorrow after I come out of orientation and she said will so I get the impression that it's not going to happen.

I noticed that she deleted/deactivated her OKC so I already get the feeling that this is going to be another flake and move on since she told me that she wants her Sunday to herself.

I guess now that after glow period is over, I'm left realizing that in the end of the day, I'm the one who has to once again follow up with people and do the chasing when it's getting old. =/

Then again, I need to keep reminding myself not take this thing seriously and have fun with it. I think I need to hit the gym, write some articles I pitched, and do some art to take my mind off of it.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I met a girl on Tinder, we were to go out on Sunday . We texted back and forth for a couple of days and on the nest day I was really busy at work and had some family obligations. She sends a text asking if I had moved on, or lost interest. I told her I was busy that day and didn't have much time to text/chat that day. She sent me a freaking book about if I wasn't serious, I needed to let her know, how she thinks I have lost interest, etc. That red flag was enough to tell her I didn't think it was going to work out if she is freaking out over something so trivial this early after connecting. She apologized, but I have been with insecure women and it isn't much fun.

I can only imagine how insecure she would get after we met. She might end up getting me fitted for an ankle monitor or have me checking in every half hour.

Had the opposite experience recently. Girl was quite bland in her messages and texts but when we met up she was a lot more engaging and personable.

Well, normal or not, I don't respond to guys younger than me anyway. I have two younger sisters so when a guy could/should be dating one of them? Creeps me the fuck out.

But really, I reply to almost no one lol. I've had my account for like a year and a half and replied to like 5 people and met none lol.

PM me your sisters' info plz

We're not so different you and I.

My age range is basically 21-26

Which is the legal age to drink/slightly older than younger sis, and the other end is younger than my older sis.

My sisters would probably be bothered if the girl was younger than my youngest or the same age/older than my eldest sister.

Llyranor

That fucker is 50 lbs. I do 'puppy curls' with him where I use him to do biceps (he loves it) but like hell am I trying to put him on as a hat. Whenever I try to balance him on my neck as a cruella de vil scarf he freaks the fuck out lol
Awww too bad.

The pics are good, it's fine to have a pic where your dog is acting crazy. Just try to get a shot of his face while he's pulling all those stunts.

Man, I love dogs.

Awww too bad.

The pics are good, it's fine to have a pic where your dog is acting crazy. Just try to get a shot of his face while he's pulling all those stunts.

Man, I love dogs.

Only way to do it is to holdhis head, which I was slightly trying to do by putting my arm around him. I just titled the photo in my profiles as "dog can't sit the fuck still for picture"

longer title is "dog can't sit the fuck still so owner can show he loves dogs MOTHER OF GOD SIT STILL FOR 3 SECONDS YOU FUCK, I NEED LADIES TO SEE I LOVE DOGS GOD DAMMIT"

Valus

Why are you even on the site then? Sounds like a colossal waste of time both for you and people who are interested in actually dating.

Leeness

PM me your sisters' info plz

Both taken, RIP. :p

We're not so different you and I.

My age range is basically 21-26

Which is the legal age to drink/slightly older than younger sis, and the other end is younger than my older sis.

My sisters would probably be bothered if the girl was younger than my youngest or the same age/older than my eldest sister.

Haha I mean, I doubt my sisters care, but it just weirds me out hardcore.

Why are you even on the site then? Sounds like a colossal waste of time both for you and people who are interested in actually dating.

The five minutes I spend on there a day isn't really killing my day haha. Besides, it amuses me.

And I'm sure the guys who send "omg ur boobies r big" are probably going to be okay, considering the amount of time and thought put into their messages.

Rest

Take a picture with your dog for your profile they said

"Oh I'm sure a puppy can stay still for 3 seconds for a picture with me" I thought

http://i.imgur.com/IV36KIQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/d1BU3Ch.jpg

Fucking dog can't do me this solid lol. Always gotta lick and try to bite me to play. And it was always at the last moment when he absolutely had to move.
It would of course be better if you could get one with the face, but the second one is good. If they're a dog person, they'll know what's going on and think it's cute.

Top Bottom