• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Online Dating |OT| Please Respond

"I must say, fairest of maidens, your bosom is of a most voluptuous shape!"

Okay, well I know how I'm going to spend my weekend now

"My dearest lady,

That buttocks makes the heathens of this world fall on their knees and pray for an omnipotent power as they are not even worthy to be the sunlight that shines on it"

Just film it and pick a good frame.

I have plenty of pics of him by himself when he's staring at me for hours at a time, if I want to I could post those I guess. It's when I get on the floor to take a pic with him that he turns into the tazmanian devil.

gaiages

Banned
"My dearest lady,

That buttocks makes the heathens of this world fall on their knees and pray for an omnipotent power as they are not even worthy to be the sunlight that shines on it"

I have plenty of pics of him by himself when he's staring at me for hours at a time, if I want to I could post those I guess. It's when I get on the floor to take a pic with him that he turns into the tazmanian devil.

Woofington I believe we've cracked the Online Dating code

Also you can't post pics of animals alone, you have to be in the picture too.

Yeah hence why I went with the second pic. It's not perfect but like the poster above said, they'll get what's going on. And I'm pretty sure I titled it "dog can't sit the fuck still for a pic"

Llyranor

Actually, you could even put a before/after pic of your quiet dog alone and going insane when you're with him (just put them side by side in the same 'picture' in different frames)

At this point I'll hopefully have a third pic like tomorrow when I go to the park with him. Maybe in the park he'll be more chill. Or even in the car, He sits right in the middle of the back seat so if I took a selfie he would appear looking at the camera haha.

Ok , but you can still film both of you. Place the camera and do crazy stuff with him. You'll get amazing frames to use.

And yeah the guy+dog combo is a great photo.

Salamando

Oh hey, random unsolicited message...from another girl from the Philippines. Drat! Well, let's read the profile anyway.
I am very talkative and not intelligent....

Seeing myself as a loving mother of your kids and your comfort zone....

I love to bake. I'll bake EVERYTHING u want me to...

Simple life is what i want.. nothing extravagant.. a long walk at the beach or me doing ur laundry :)
And under "I spend a lot of time thinking about"
- is giving birth really painful?
I think she's after something, but I can't quite figure it out

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
setting up a time to meet with a girl and we finally got to a point where we have it narrowed down to a time/place but now im nervous that she's going to stop replying now.

pretty much every message i send feels like is going to be the last one she responds to.

setting up a time to meet with a girl and we finally got to a point where we have it narrowed down to a time/place but now im nervous that she's going to stop replying now.

pretty much every message i send feels like is going to be the last one she responds to.
Seriously. I'm of mind that if you initiated conversation with the person and hit it off, not to mention plan for something don't just stop responding. If you've met somebody else you like better there's no guarantee that you'll like them oncecyou meet them.

At the very least be honest. If you're no longer interested I'd rather you tell me "hey listen you seem like a great guy, but I found someone else who's more in tune with what I want with a partner". I'll fucking take that over ignoring messages after everything was set.

davepoobond

Seriously. I'm of mind that if you initiated conversation with the person and hit it off, not to mention plan for something don't just stop responding. If you've met somebody else you like better there's no guarantee that you'll like them oncecyou meet them.

At the very least be honest. If you're no longer interested I'd rather you tell me "hey listen you seem like a great guy, but I found someone else who's more in tune with what I want with a partner". I'll fucking take that over ignoring messages after everything was set.

yeah, but that's not really how it works. people dont want to create friction and no girl knows how people are going to take that.

i get a message like that, i'm fine. some bro who's got an ego is going to go off on them and start calling them a bitch etc etc etc

its easier to just take the path of least resistance... If she doesn't reply by sunday night i'll assume nothing is happening.

gaiages

Banned

I just just going to say "Woofington, we JUST explained that a page ago to Grey Matter when he got salty about being ignored", but then I realized it was the other Dating thread.

She sees you in person and probably doesn't know you well enough to know how you would react to a no. Some men are seriously scary, and seeing as you know something about where she might be irl (even if it's only a group thing), she may have been worried about you going crazy stalker or something on her.

Nothing against you, but it's something every woman has to think about when in these situations.

We aren't mind readers and different guys react differently. Some drop it, others don't. In my personal experience, few take that extra step to become dangerous/hostile if ignored, but if I try to engage they are far more likely to do it. Makes engaging in certain situations just not worth it.

At the end of the day, there's nothing we can do to ensure that people don't act creepy or dangerous.

In other words, yeah, what davepoobond said, backed up by lady testimony. :3

yeah, but that's not really how it works. people dont want to create friction and no girl knows how people are going to take that.

i get a message like that, i'm fine. some bro who's got an ego is going to go off on them and start calling them a bitch etc etc etc

its easier to just take the path of least resistance... If she doesn't reply by sunday night i'll assume nothing is happening.

I just just going to say "Woofington, we JUST explained that a page ago to Grey Matter when he got salty about being ignored", but then I realized it was the other Dating thread.

In other words, yeah, what davepoobond said, backed up by lady testimony. :3

I guess I forget that not every person takes rejection without turning into an asshole. I take rejection in that I get sad but understanding. But then I see that tumblr/blog about the posts women receive when they say no.

Friend got sunburnt and bailed on seeing Trainwreck tonight. Referenced that in a message. Reply: "Similar thing happened to me too. I know this sounds crazy, but I'd be down for seeing it tonight if you're free."

So, yeah. Drinks first, movie afterwards. Personal best on achieving a date in messages sent, as well as doing something on short notice.

Jhoan

So definitely can confirm that I'm in a casual sex relationship; girl summoned me to her house at 2AM today and was happy to see me after a stressful and crazy week for her. Fun times happened despite the condoms choosing not to cooperate on this rodeo. She was totally cool about it and said she will look into it. Had the pleasure of meeting her roommates which was... awkwardly fun in a cool way. Why My Size Condoms aren't a thing in the US is a travesty. ;_;

I will miss it when it eventually ends and look back it very fondly as an old man but it's about the journey, not the destination so I'm loving every single moment and enjoying it. Feel like I'm a much more confident person than I was a year ago and overall, long term, I think it's going to change me as a person a bit in a good way. Life is good. It's been a damn good week for me; went to a meet up group for Aspiring Comic Artists and it was fun, inspiring, and swapped knowledge/advice. Think my therapist is going to be very, very pleased with the news.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Well, after thinking it over, I went ahead, nuked my OKC account, and logged back into POF. I'm just going to complete my personality quiz, then take things from there.

I do have a tripod for my iPhone in my possession, I just need a selfie button and to get the time of day down so I can go to the beach and take some photos.

I know it's not healthy to look on past failed attempts to find love, but has anyone done this at some point? Just throwing that out there.

oooof that moment when a gorgeous lady wants to meet you. But we have nothing in common and her longest relationship is frankly intimidating for someone like me who hasn't had something that lasted for more than a year lol.

In fact ladies who want to go backpacking across europe or doing other shit like this. When would it happen lol. I have work to do yo.

Jimothy

Alright, been out of the online game for about a year. Just made a profile a couple weeks ago but had no urge to message anyone until this one girl just now, and she just replied. Let's see if I still got it....

Nyx

Woman on Tinder likes me back, match! Send message, no response.
Same woman likes me back on Happn 2 weeks later, I have the same pic there, send message, no response.

Seriously lol.

Jokab

Woman on Tinder likes me back, match! Send message, no response.
Same woman likes me back on Happn 2 weeks later, I have the same pic there, send message, no response.

Seriously lol.

Not gonna lie, your message on Tinder was probably too boring. She gave you a second chance (or didn't remember you) on Happn and then your message was equally boring. Try to be more original if you aren't.

Nyx

Not gonna lie, your message on Tinder was probably too boring. She gave you a second chance (or didn't remember you) on Happn and then your message was equally boring. Try to be more original if you aren't.

Maybe! But if those messages weren't good enough she's not for me lol.

Jhoan

Meeting up with the 30 year old who works in finance later today at a Starbucks all according to keikaku. Never met up with a girl at a coffee shop before so this should be fun/relaxing since I usually meet up for drinks, go to a museum, or go to a public park; Central Park is going to be nearby to shake things up a bit as a place to go to afterwards should things be going well.

I feel all right /relaxed about this one going into it. There hasn't been any in-between texting banter which I think is actually good because it means we'll have a lot more to talk about in person. Not going to let the fact that she works in Wall street phase me since there's more to a person than their job/income situation plus we seem to have a lot in common. iIRC, she's figuring out what she really wants to do while she works a job that pays the bills. Will take it easy and relax.

If it doesn't pan out, then I'd definitely like to befriend her and/or introduce her to my brother who's also 30...and happens to work at a Starbucks but I won't be going to the one where he works at lol.

davepoobond

girl ended up replying (forgot her phone at her friend's house) -- impending meet up with her later today.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
oooof that moment when a gorgeous lady wants to meet you. But we have nothing in common and her longest relationship is frankly intimidating for someone like me who hasn't had something that lasted for more than a year lol.

In fact ladies who want to go backpacking across europe or doing other shit like this. When would it happen lol. I have work to do yo.

This may be terrible to admit, but if I see a woman with pics from travels all over the world, I just keep on trucking. I can't afford that kind of lifestyle and that means we probably don't even live in the same realities.

"You're a great guy, but I really don't feel the spark I need to continue pursuing this." Getting really tired of hearing this, usually after 2-3 dates, although my record has been 5; I fully understand it, though. At that point, at least I know it's not me, it's the pairing.

But still, never assume anything, even after a few good dates.

gaiages

Banned
This may be terrible to admit, but if I see a woman with pics from travels all over the world, I just keep on trucking. I can't afford that kind of lifestyle and that means we probably don't even live in the same realities.

Nah, I feel the same way, really. I mean, travelling is cool and all, but it's simply not something that I've never been able to do extensively, and someone that can/wants to do so probably isn't compatible with me, for a variety of reasons.

"You're a great guy, but I really don't feel the spark I need to continue pursuing this." Getting really tired of hearing this, usually after 2-3 dates, although my record has been 5; I fully understand it, though. At that point, at least I know it's not me, it's the pairing.

Hang in there lawyer bro :(

Just out of curiosity, are you making a move at least by date #2? I agree with you though for the most part.

Just out of curiosity, are you making a move at least by date #2? I agree with you though for the most part.

Yeah. I make moves on the first date. I also tell them outright, "I like you and want to see you again." Now, I'm about to go on another first date and I'm simply feeling exhausted at another round of "auditions."

Salamando

Nah, I feel the same way, really. I mean, travelling is cool and all, but it's simply not something that I've never been able to do extensively, and someone that can/wants to do so probably isn't compatible with me, for a variety of reasons.

What're your reasons?

I ask because I'm someone who does like to travel, and I'm curious what other messages that might send out. I don't know what your definition of extensively is, but I try to visit a new place each year. Thanks to the combination of growing up poor (I'm good at stretching a dollar) and an awesome job, I'm able to do just that without too much of an issue.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
What're your reasons?

I ask because I'm someone who does like to travel, and I'm curious what other messages that might send out. I don't know what your definition of extensively is, but I try to visit a new place each year. Thanks to the combination of growing up poor (I'm good at stretching a dollar) and an awesome job, I'm able to do just that without too much of an issue.
So many give off this "oh, you haven't traveled? You plebeian" vibe that it can become assumed as granted. It's basically a stereotype. Plus a it implies disposable income, and a lot of women won't date someone whom they think makes less money than they do.

It stirs up insecurity.

Assanova

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If you were a bad guy, I don't see you getting a second date, yet you are. Are you having sex by the third date? The only thing that I can think of is that you are attractive an guy, which would explain you getting more than one date, but maybe your personality is kind of dry. How relaxed would you say you are? Do women laugh with you a lot or are your dates more like interviews full of serious conversation?

Personally my issue with it is that it implies that they NEED to be out there and explore the world. Which is perfectly fine in small doses for me, but when they put it in their dating profile it means it's extremely important to them. My money already goes to savings, living expenses and some entertainment.

Having to add regular expensive vacations is not in my plan. If I didn't have to save money it wouldn't be an issue, but I do.

I'd rather have somebody who prefers staying indoors and if they want to travel and do something weird, let's go somewhere within the US on a road trip and see cool shit. Europe is expensive as fuck, and people within my age range shouldn't be wanting to go there for weeks/months at a time as it implies to me that they are using mommydaddy money and don't have responsibilities. And I'm kind of done with the "Tonight we are young" crowd. I want a responsible fun adult.

Jhoan

Girl ended up canning. Something, something "work project timeline got pushed up that I need to stay in the office to take of this stuff immediately." I asked her when she wanted to reschedule it for but she has yet to reply since I texted her at around 4:20PM earlier today.

People who work in finance in Wall street truly do live down there and have it all kinds of crazy bad. *shrugs*

I think I need to go out with girls who preferably aren't teachers/lead a 9-5 but rather do part time/freelance work similar to me. It's tough scheduling stuff when things don't line up. Especially this week when I'm going to be super busy this upcoming weekend but there's always a way to make it work even with the busiest of people.

@dskillzhtown, I hear you on that man. Traveling to different countries is something I dream about doing and do eventually want to put aside money for it but it doesn't bother me if a woman has been to all 4 corners of the earth and back versus my one foreign country (the Dominican Republic). In the end of the day it comes to the fact that the girl is either cool with it or she's not and looks down upon it. Either way, exactly like you said, keep on trucking.

Lulubop

I had a planned date with this wall street girl last week too. Immediately when we first started talk she told me she was sick, so it didn't work out last week but I think she lost interest over the weekend. Oh well.

Jhoan

I had a planned date with this wall street girl last week too. Immediately when we first started talk she told me she was sick, so it didn't work out last week but I think she lost interest over the weekend. Oh well.
Why not try following up with her? Maybe she forgot about you. If she doesn't reply again, then you have your answer.

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If you were a bad guy, I don't see you getting a second date, yet you are. Are you having sex by the third date? The only thing that I can think of is that you are attractive an guy, which would explain you getting more than one date, but maybe your personality is kind of dry. How relaxed would you say you are? Do women laugh with you a lot or are your dates more like interviews full of serious conversation?

Well, the date tonight wasn't great: I wanted to leave about halfway through. Still, it turned semi-positive towards the end, but I wasn't feeling it (she wouldn't look at me much, she was super nervous, and she wouldn't actually let me get a word in edgewise; she also bragged an awful lot about ... awards she won in high school).

Anyway. I always get second dates. So, five-date girl and I made physical contact pretty quickly, ended the first date with a makeout session, and she slept over on the third date. And the other girl -- goodnight kiss on the first date, makeout session on the second date, hello/goodbye kiss on the third.

... and now there are others, and this is a representative example: I went on two dates with another girl and both ended with public makeout sessions. As in, "let's pause at street corners and do this until the sign changes." She didn't want a third date either.

It's always, "After giving this some thought, I just don't feel the spark." Always. Maybe it actually is my personality? I can't fix that. But the girls I've gotten along with, they've all laughed. I've had "interview-like" dates, but I'm generally an affable, easygoing person.

I just don't get it.

Lulubop

Why not try following up with her? Maybe she forgot about you. If she doesn't reply again, then you have your answer.

Yea, last time I had talked to her was Friday and she was very apologetic about it. I said it was cool and didn't think she was flake, and that we'll still have a good date when she's better. She asked me to promise her. So I read what you wrote right now and I decided to maybe write to her, I check her Tinder and she either unmatched me or deleted it. So meh.

Well, the date tonight wasn't great: I wanted to leave about halfway through. Still, it turned semi-positive towards the end, but I wasn't feeling it (she wouldn't look at me much, she was super nervous, and she wouldn't actually let me get a word in edgewise; she also bragged an awful lot about ... awards she won in high school).

Anyway. I always get second dates. So, five-date girl and I made physical contact pretty quickly, ended the first date with a makeout session, and she slept over on the third date. And the other girl -- goodnight kiss on the first date, makeout session on the second date, hello/goodbye kiss on the third.

... and now there are others, and this is a representative example: I went on two dates with another girl and both ended with public makeout sessions. As in, "let's pause at street corners and do this until the sign changes." She didn't want a third date either.

It's always, "After giving this some thought, I just don't feel the spark." Always. Maybe it actually is my personality? I can't fix that. But the girls I've gotten along with, they've all laughed. I've had "interview-like" dates, but I'm generally an affable, easygoing person.

I just don't get it.
maybe it's a situation where they enjoy hanging out with you a lot, but the romantic interest isn't there? aka you didn't do something that caused them to go from 'hanging out' to 'date'.

maybe it's a situation where they enjoy hanging out with you a lot, but the romantic interest isn't there? aka you didn't do something that caused them to go from 'hanging out' to 'date'.

We were on dates. We made out. There was physical touching, laughing, and me picking up the check. In one case, with five-date girl, we had sex. I don't waffle on language. Hell, with all three of the girls I mentioned, I told each of them: "I like you. I want to take you out again. How about Wednesday?"

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I mean, the answer is "probably nothing," but still.

M52B28

Banned
I've been asked to moderate for OKcupid. I rarely do it. I hopped on to mess around and had to sift through phallus photos.

What is wrong with guys and posting their penis on the internet?

-------

Also, is anyone having problems with viewing profiles on Android's app? I can't click on profiles after scrolling down a bit.

We were on dates. We made out. There was physical touching, laughing, and me picking up the check. In one case, with five-date girl, we had sex. I don't waffle on language. Hell, with all three of the girls I mentioned, I told each of them: "I like you. I want to take you out again. How about Wednesday?"

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I mean, the answer is "probably nothing," but still.

So.....you only slept with one of the girls?

Making out doesn't seem like a big deal these days. Plenty of girls seem down to do it without really wanting anything more or even seeing you again. It's like the female version of "hit it and quit it."

Top Bottom