• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Online Dating |OT| Please Respond

Diaboli your Netflix and chill game is in super point.

StephenSmithROFL.gif

But he is talking on a more broader sense. A girl meeting a guy for the first time in his house seems crazy to me. At least in the dating dimension of social interactions. As someone said , seems more like a couple's thing or future dates.

If that surprises you, you would be disgusted at how many Netflix and chill dates ended up with me and a girl naked within a minute.

No. The easy sex doesn't surprise me one bit. Actually that's the only expectation i have for a girl who accepts that. But , outside of very few exceptions (a ridiculous hot guy , or older women) , girls always tend to do a previous "review" of an online profile on a public place. At least from my experience. And with girls who some might characterize as promiscuous.

But he is talking on a more broader sense. A girl meeting a guy for the first time in his house seems crazy to me. At least in the dating dimension of social interactions. As someone said , seems more like a couple's thing or future dates.

As a guy I would be remotely scared to just pop up to a girls house I bearly even know, personally I wouldn't go I don't even know you like that.

Lulubop

So the girl I was suppose to have brunch with was like oh I didn't know if we were still on, I was like wut. Not sure what that was about

Netflix and chill was actually... Netflix and chill. Made out a bit and I definitely went for it but iunno. Maybe she's looking for something more serious, which I'd be totally down for because she's gorgeous. Still iunno what to make of that.

Help me make sense of thiis

Leeness

Yeah, your profile's golden. It's taking a surprising amount of effort to keep myself from fedora'ing out here. So much in common. Even the post-Disney depression. Solving mine by booking a vacation to Disneyland that starts in ~2 weeks (went to wdw in June). Slightly worried about escalation, but that's a problem for next year.

It's still super difficult for me because I'm looking for something probably very rare lol. Whatever, all I have is time so I don't really care.

More Disneyland tho. Always. Gonna be a few years for me again though because the CAD is so terrible right now. :(

Llyranor

It's still super difficult for me because I'm looking for something probably very rare lol. Whatever, all I have is time so I don't really care.

More Disneyland tho. Always. Gonna be a few years for me again though because the CAD is so terrible right now. :(

You should consider specialized dating sites, because honestly you will have a very tough time (and lots of unwanted messages) from conventional dating sites if you're looking for an asexual relationship.

A quick google search reveals this thread being relatively recent http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/120179-are-there-any-asexualgraysexual-dating-sites/

gwailo

Banned
So the girl I was suppose to have brunch with was like oh I didn't know if we were still on, I was like wut. Not sure what that was about

Netflix and chill was actually... Netflix and chill. Made out a bit and I definitely went for it but iunno. Maybe she's looking for something more serious, which I'd be totally down for because she's gorgeous. Still iunno what to make of that.

Help me make sense of thiis

She's not that into you and was probably just going to ghost until you brought the date up. Move on.

Lulubop

She's not that into you and was probably just going to ghost until you brought the date up. Move on.

Idk bro.

So our first date was like a week ago, drinks. It went fine no kiss at the end but she was down to kick it that weekend. Even reminded me if we were still on. Even tho I didn't get it in she was still very cuddled. At the end she was down to hang again this weekend. She's a busy dentist student with not a lot of free time, so if she's giving me her Weekends idk. I'll see what's up this weekend and then move on. It's cool either way, got a lot lined up and I should be out of my arm splint on Friday

huxley00

Been seeing this girl I like quite a bit, great career, hilarious, witty, very kind and really makes me laugh.

The problems all started in the bedroom. She was in the same relationship for 10 years, recently divorced. She has a slight little chick mustache that comes in, she seems to shave it but there is a few pricklies...I know other women that have this issue and they simply wax it and its no big deal.

Do I say something? Do I end it? I just can't seem to handle it for whatever reason.

Jokab

Been seeing this girl I like quite a bit, great career, hilarious, witty, very kind and really makes me laugh.

The problems all started in the bedroom. She was in the same relationship for 10 years, recently divorced. She has a slight little chick mustache that comes in, she seems to shave it but there is a few pricklies...I know other women that have this issue and they simply wax it and its no big deal.

Do I say something? Do I end it? I just can't seem to handle it for whatever reason.

I don't know what to tell you man. Girl I was with had this too and I learned to ignore it. I hope you're not considering ending what could be great over something that small.

Leeness

You should consider specialized dating sites, because honestly you will have a very tough time (and lots of unwanted messages) from conventional dating sites if you're looking for an asexual relationship.

A quick google search reveals this thread being relatively recent http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/120179-are-there-any-asexualgraysexual-dating-sites/

Thank you! I'll look into it. :)

I guess I do kind of keep looking on PoF in the hopes that I find someone I might want to have a "normal" relationship with? Or at least, that I'd want to try to?

I don't know, I guess that's weird since I've only met one person in 28 years that I've ever felt like maybe I'd want to try being in a "normal" relationship with (provided it didn't end with me having a huge anxiety attack...), but eh. I guess I hope that I find something like that again.

tl;dr: ramblings of a strange person.

huxley00

I don't know what to tell you man. Girl I was with had this too and I learned to ignore it. I hope you're not considering ending what could be great over something that small.

I think I'm going to say something, I just have to. I'm going to just lay it out there and let her know that I'm not perfect either, if there is something she'd want me to change about my body (thats in my power) or do sexually for her, I'm open to it. That should ease the awkwardness...mildly.

Only 3 matchs on tinder with no response so far even though I tried to be a little more creative

Same case for okcupid where only two girls responded my message, one of them didn't responded me when I asked what she does in her studies.

Start to wonder what's really wrong with me

Llyranor

Thank you! I'll look into it. :)

I guess I do kind of keep looking on PoF in the hopes that I find someone I might want to have a "normal" relationship with? Or at least, that I'd want to try to?

I don't know, I guess that's weird since I've only met one person in 28 years that I've ever felt like maybe I'd want to try being in a "normal" relationship with (provided it didn't end with me having a huge anxiety attack...), but eh. I guess I hope that I find something like that again.

tl;dr: ramblings of a strange person.

By "normal", do you mean a romantic relationship +/- sex? Re: sex, is it something you're genuinely curious about/interested about, or do you think it's societal pressure to fit in?

There might be anything wrong with you, but there is plenty wrong with online dating. Though, sometimes you just need to update your pics or freshen up your profile, or approach messages differently

Only 3 matchs on tinder with no response so far even though I tried to be a little more creative

Same case for okcupid where only two girls responded my message, one of them didn't responded me when I asked what she does in her studies.

Nothing wrong with you, hell I got liked and visited on my profile I write a message she doesn't even reply I'm like wtf laughing lol. It's numbers game just write messages and eventually someone will answer and continue the convo.

Assanova

Give it some time. The right woman will show up. I would say that if you have been on a site for a month and still haven't gotten a date, then you probably need to re-evaluate things. As it stands, you are fine. It just takes a little bit of patience.

gaiages

Banned

You've been at it for like what, three days? You're going to have to give it more time than that.

Palpable

A girl who only gives once sentence answers with no effort to push the conversation forward, any tip or just leave her be and move on?

This has been happening with me with almost every girl that messages back. I get 1 word or 1 sentence responses. I will reply back to keep the convo going for another 1 or 2 messages, but if they don't act/seem engaged, I stop responding.

Llyranor

If they don't make the effort, they're not worth the effort. It's a two-way street.

Before moving on, might as well go all-out with something like OMG MY KITCHEN IS ON FIRE I'LL MESSAGE YOU LATER ASDFHHSUKAGTKOWUGAVFYD

Salamando

Some feedback would be nice. Revamped for the most part. Quote to reveal.

Only read the OKC profile, but sweet jesus is this so much better than your old one!

The only thing I'd suggest - reread over some of your paragraphs and consider varying your sentence length more. It was most noticable in your "what I'm doing". Those last three sentences all had ~ 5 words and don't read well because of it.

Overall though, your content is solid. I never quite know where the advice falls on pics designed to show body definition, but since you made it your last pic I think you'll be good.

Leeness

By "normal", do you mean a romantic relationship +/- sex? Re: sex, is it something you're genuinely curious about/interested about, or do you think it's societal pressure to fit in?

Yeh, I mean...I'm good on my own but sometimes I get a little lonely and wish I just had someone I could sit with or sit next to and it would be nice :')

Sex is like...I'm curious but mostly in an academic sense? Haha... I was more curious because of the one person I was actually interested in, but other than that, it's kind of an academic/it makes me feel weird when girlfriends talk about it and I go "haha oh yeah I hear that!" and it's like...uuuh. Lol.

Hmm. Just got back from a second date with a girl - had a quick drink and then we saw The Martian, which she'd mentioned on the first date. She was tired and left after the movie was over. She took a cab, and I told her to text me when she got home -- haven't heard from her. Plus she's busy this week and leaving the country on vacation Friday morning, though she said she had a great time, has previously been responsive in texts, apologized for being busy, and said she'd be getting back on the 15th.

Not getting my hopes up, though. Sad, because she's just one of those quality people who's going to make someone very happy. Sometimes you can just tell.

The other girl (Jurassic World girl) and I have something tenuous planned for Friday, which is when I think my friends want to go out for tapas and dancing. Ordinarily, I'd just invite her along (and I probably will), except I linked up my new co-worker and my bff here, and she invited the co-worker out. Not really sure I want to integrate someone I'm dating after only seeing her 3 times, but I suppose I can't see the harm.

Palpable

Only read the OKC profile, but sweet jesus is this so much better than your old one!

The only thing I'd suggest - reread over some of your paragraphs and consider varying your sentence length more. It was most noticable in your "what I'm doing". Those last three sentences all had ~ 5 words and don't read well because of it.

Overall though, your content is solid. I never quite know where the advice falls on pics designed to show body definition, but since you made it your last pic I think you'll be good.

Thanks man. I'll reread those and edit them.

Lulubop

Hmm. Just got back from a second date with a girl - had a quick drink and then we saw The Martian, which she'd mentioned on the first date. She was tired and left after the movie was over. She took a cab, and I told her to text me when she got home -- haven't heard from her. Plus she's busy this week and leaving the country on vacation Friday morning, though she said she had a great time, has previously been responsive in texts, apologized for being busy, and said she'd be getting back on the 15th.

Not getting my hopes up, though. Sad, because she's just one of those quality people who's going to make someone very happy. Sometimes you can just tell.

The other girl (Jurassic World girl) and I have something tenuous planned for Friday, which is when I think my friends want to go out for tapas and dancing. Ordinarily, I'd just invite her along (and I probably will), except I linked up my new co-worker and my bff here, and she invited the co-worker out. Not really sure I want to integrate someone I'm dating after only seeing her 3 times, but I suppose I can't see the harm.

Is JW girl this one? Just wondering, always interested in hearing your stuff.

Well, didn't expect that: first date with, hands down, the most gorgeous woman I've ever been out with. And, more importantly, we made each other laugh all night and she's undeniably smart. Coffee and pie turned into a drink. Ended with, let's say, heavy petting in her car -- that alone lasted over an hour. Way, way too compatible in that regard.

I still have coffee planned for Friday with a super-cute gamer girl (never dated one of those, so that'll be intriguing, but she's quite young), and fantasy football girl (thanks to Sam Bradford for giving us a conversation topic) and I have something penciled in for early next week.

So, that's the status update. I'm considering canceling/not confirming with the girl for Wednesday. What do you think? (I haven't contacted anyone else or responded to messages, but I'm really trying to not get overwhelmed this time.) Anyway, if I do that, considering we've only exchanged a couple of messages, what's the protocol?

Is JW girl this one? Just wondering, always interested in hearing your stuff.

... yeah, she's the first one in your quote. The gorgeous girl who makes me laugh. Um. Frankly, thanks for reminding me I said that. There's really no reason whatsoever why I shouldn't be excited about seeing her on Friday, and I should want to see how she gels with my best friends.

And, The Martian girl is fantasy football girl, to set the record straight.

Nudull

Banned
I mean no disrepect, but what does genderqueer mean, precisely? I've just started getting most of these sorted out myself, so I'm still confused on the details. Also, which state do you live in, if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry for the late reply. "Genderqueer" is a non-binary term/identity that refers to not being explicitly male or female, being fluid in what I express myself as. I also live in Florida.

Yeh, I mean...I'm good on my own but sometimes I get a little lonely and wish I just had someone I could sit with or sit next to and it would be nice :')

Sex is like...I'm curious but mostly in an academic sense? Haha... I was more curious because of the one person I was actually interested in, but other than that, it's kind of an academic/it makes me feel weird when girlfriends talk about it and I go "haha oh yeah I hear that!" and it's like...uuuh. Lol.

Perfectly understandable. :) I've explored asexual relationships before and have met some pretty great people who either didn't want sex in their lives or had very little curiosity about it. Plenty of other ways to express love and positive emotions with a partner.

I wish you all the best in finding someone!

Lulubop

... yeah, she's the first one in your quote. The gorgeous girl who makes me laugh. Um. Frankly, thanks for reminding me I said that. There's really no reason whatsoever why I shouldn't be excited about seeing her on Friday, and I should want to see how she gels with my best friends.

And, The Martian girl is fantasy football girl, to set the record straight.

Ah, nice.

I have two dates up in the same part of town with two different girl. Weird how that kinda worked out I guess. I got a good feeling about both date, especially the one later on. Cute white chick from Texas, who is all about hispanic men. You know, my favorite.

I asked the girl who I had an awkward end to a date with last week, on another date and she was totally down. Problem is the only days she's free, I'm already booked. She said she might be free on Wed, hopefully. I still haven't hit up the girl I'm really feeling to irony out Friday, or Saturday. I'll do that later on today. Action packed week.

Palpable

I am going to make this my profile picture on pof/okc for a little while. I'll get all the bitches n' hoez. Fool proof.

Also, links to my profiles below. QTR. Would like feedback.

EDIT: Finally found someone I have a lot in common with. Decided to say "fuck it" and just message her. What I mean by that is, at first glance, she doesn't seem my type. I've never really been into the tatted up thin white girl thing. But hey, what's the point in limiting one's self? Anway, she's my age, cute, and into nerdy shit like I am (science fiction, films, Star Wars, etc etc). It's one of the few profiles I read through which was very well written and informative. She responded a few minutes after I sent her a message and we've exchanged a few so far. I can tell she knows how to keep a conversation going and she's very passionate about the subject we're talking about (movies, sci-fi stuff). I really don't want to screw this one up. I realize I can only go so far in messaging on pof before things simmer down and get lucid. Any advice would be solid.

gaiages

Banned
Sorry for the late reply. "Genderqueer" is a non-binary term/identity that refers to not being explicitly male or female, being fluid in what I express myself as. I also live in Florida.

Ah yes, depending on where you live in Florida (and your age!), that can be tough. Like, I think you'd have both and easier and harder time in Tallahassee, where I live (college kids are more open to less rigid gender identities, but there's overall a smaller population than say Orlando or Miami), but if you're in a small town, that sounds rough :(

@ Infinity - You're gonna wanna ask for her number soon, and ask her out to coffee or something light like that a bit after that. That's usually how the flow of online dating works. Or you can ask her out first, then get the number afterwards for setting up the date and whatnot. Your choice. Just don't take too long or she (or you) may lost interest.

Thanks for reassuring me everyone, hope it goes well these next weeks then !

Tinder first few days are the ones you get more matches (if you're actually sweeping). There's more people who haven't seen you , so the probablity of being liked is much bigger. Matches always decrease quite a bit with time (unless they were very few and you change photos).

The only advice anyone can give you on Tinder to get more matches is to get better photos. Especially the first one.

jmizzal

A girl who only gives once sentence answers with no effort to push the conversation forward, any tip or just leave her be and move on?

I have the same with this girl on pof, but the thing is even on her profile she says she gets lot of messages and says your lucky if she reply at all which means she sees something in you lol. I'm gonna ask her out just to see lol take a shot in the dark.

Tinder first few days are the ones you get more matches (if you're actually sweeping). There's more people who haven't seen you , so the probablity of being liked is much bigger. Matches always decrease quite a bit with time (unless they were very few and you change photos).

The only advice anyone can give you on Tinder to get more matches is to get better photos. Especially the first one.

Well crap, I have only 3 matches so far, and it's been a week since then

Do any of you guys use MeetMe? My friend recommended it to me months ago, and I've installed it a couple of times.

Every time I use it now, it closest after 30 seconds and redirects me to a malware site offering a chance to be an iPhone 6 or 7 tester with pop-ups. I don't click anything, and have deleted the app.

Palpable

@ Infinity - You're gonna wanna ask for her number soon, and ask her out to coffee or something light like that a bit after that. That's usually how the flow of online dating works. Or you can ask her out first, then get the number afterwards for setting up the date and whatnot. Your choice. Just don't take too long or she (or you) may lost interest.

Yeah that's a good idea. We were messaging pretty late last night. She went offline and I've yet to hear from her today. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I'll figure something out. Oh, and I'm 99% sure I saw that one girl who said she was sick & wanted to reschedule today after class. Never heard back from her. Oh well.

Assanova

As of tonight, I am back to being single. I may do a little online dating, but I am definitely going to take advantage of being single for awhile. I haven't been single for longer than a few weeks for about four or five years.

Leeness

Perfectly understandable. :) I've explored asexual relationships before and have met some pretty great people who either didn't want sex in their lives or had very little curiosity about it. Plenty of other ways to express love and positive emotions with a partner.

I wish you all the best in finding someone!

Thank you! I'm not particularly optimistic and I'm happy I'm fine on my own, but who knows. It would be nice, in any case :)

I guess, like I said, I also keep POF in the hopes that I find someone that maybe would inspire me to try lol. I dunno. One person in 28 years... Haha.

Palpable

In my drunken stupor I messaged that girl if she wanted to go out sometime prior to me even asking her name. She called me out on it. I backtracked & apologized for slipping up. Haven't gotten any reply (she went offline shortly after I think). Oh well. Not holding my breath. Sucks, because it's quite rare to find someone with legit common interests on here.

Assanova

In my drunken stupor I messaged that girl if she wanted to go out sometime prior to me even asking her name. She called me out on it. I backtracked & apologized for slipping up. Haven't gotten any reply (she went offline shortly after I think). Oh well. Not holding my breath. Sucks, because it's quite rare to find someone with legit common interests on here.

Yup, you only get one chance when it comes to online dating. May as well charge it to the game and move on. I've definitely become much more careful when it comes to that stuff.

What's better PoF or OKC?

POF will result in many more dates, but mostly with lower quality women that come with baggage. Match results in much fewer dates, but with higher quality women that don't tend to come with a lot of baggage.

Top Bottom