• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Online Dating |OT| Please Respond

Lulubop

Went to get a new ID and decided to see if the girl I was supposed to see yesterday wanted to hang, since she worked in the area. Had a nice impromptu date at the movies. She's so fine.

BIGWORM

Chatted up 3 more today on POF. Got one's number, which quickly led to:

Me: "I'm at work. Sneaking you a text, though. How's your day?"

Her: "Good. Bad boy..."

Me: "Yeah, I guess I'm naughty."

Her: "Really? We'll have to talk about that later when you're off."

...and we talked later. And, uhh, yeah, and stuff...lol

Sami+

Chatted up 3 more today on POF. Got one's number, which quickly led to:

Me: "I'm at work. Sneaking you a text, though. How's your day?"

Her: "Good. Bad boy..."

Me: "Yeah, I guess I'm naughty."

Her: "Really? We'll have to talk about that later when you're off."

...and we talked later. And, uhh, yeah, and stuff...lol

HAHAHAHA

Nice, dude. B-b-b-bad.

Well I was supposed to have my first date ever with that girl from OkC tonight, but I guess plans have changed...

...because I just woke up next to her.

Long story short, I ended up heading over to her dorm last night after exchanging a bunch of texts. We watched a few episodes of Community while cuddling, making out a lot (a LOT), and doing a bunch of other sexy things. And we're still gonna be heading to a restaurant for our "real" first date later today.

I'm so stoked.

Halcyon

I think i'm officially out of the online dating scene now.

I met a girl off of PoF last month or so and it's been going quite well. She's gorgeous, the sex is great, and we have tons of things in common so i think she's a keeper.

Gonna lock up the various profiles until everything inevitably goes to shit and ends in tears.

Kyne

Well I was supposed to have my first date ever with that girl from OkC tonight, but I guess plans have changed...

Long story short, I ended up heading over to her dorm last night after exchanging a bunch of texts. We watched a few episodes of Community while cuddling, making out a lot (a LOT), and doing a bunch of other sexy things. And we're still gonna be heading to a restaurant for our "real" first date later today.

I'm so stoked.

yesssssss. Did you guys actually do it? Or you just slept over?

Sami+

I'm so stoked.

funny-pictures-auto-gif-cake-375508.gif

E92 M3

I'm so stoked.

Sounds romantic; happy for you.

I'm so stoked.

I think i'm officially out of the online dating scene now.

I met a girl off of PoF last month or so and it's been going quite well. She's gorgeous, the sex is great, and we have tons of things in common so i think she's a keeper.

Gonna lock up the various profiles until everything inevitably goes to shit and ends in tears.

*fistbump*

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I can only guess blowjob. But it depends on if its the shortstop or the third baseman attending the base whether or not he got some testes play

Wait, isn't third base oral in either case? So third base for a guy is BJ, third base for a girl is cunnilingus?

if he says "she got to third base" I'm assuming it was the latter.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Wait, isn't third base oral in either case? So third base for a guy is BJ, third base for a girl is cunnilingus?

I guess. So he ate her out but didnt get anything in return?

Sami+

Good day! Actually got to meet both of the people I've been talking to, though not for dates. I only got to see the first person for a few minutes - she invited me to get breakfast together but something came up while we were in line and she had to split. She didn't straight up say it, I had to ask her if it was something she should leave for. I appreciated that.

The second person was super cool. She's nerdy and fun to talk to, which is always nice. Not overwhelmingly nerdy either, lol. Bill Nye came to our university today so we talked while waiting for tickets (a good hour or two). Apparently I'm not the first to say her profile picture looks a lot like Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction, which sparked some Tarantino/film talk. Fun stuff. I asked her if she'd want to go to the mall together on Sunday, and she said sure. She suggested we could catch a movie after as well. Looking forward to it.

Kyne

Good day! Actually got to meet both of the people I've been talking to, though not for dates. I only got to see the first person for a few minutes - she invited me to get breakfast together but something came up while we were in line and she had to split. She didn't straight up say it, I had to ask her if it was something she should leave for. I appreciated that.

The second person was super cool. She's nerdy and fun to talk to, which is always nice. Not overwhelmingly nerdy either, lol. Bill Nye came to our university today so we talked while waiting for tickets (a good hour or two). Apparently I'm not the first to say her profile picture looks a lot like Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction, which sparked some Tarantino/film talk. Fun stuff. I asked her if she'd want to go to the mall together on Sunday, and she said sure. She suggested we could catch a movie after as well. Looking forward to it.

first bold: yikes.
second bold: woo.

What's third base for a girl on a guy??

I can only guess blowjob. But it depends on if its the shortstop or the third baseman attending the base whether or not he got some testes play

Yep, she gave me oral. I was down for reciprocation, but it was that time of the month for her, unfortunately. No "testes play", but I can't complain too much, to be honest. I was satisfied.

We also ended up showering together a few hours after I wrote that initial post. If any of you guys have not tried this, I thoroughly recommend it. That shit was pretty mind-blowing.

SRG01

Huh. I've always thought second base was boobs and third was, uh, I can't think of a work-safe word. Then again, I distinctly remember my ex and I having this exact conversation and she described third as oral as well.

Sami+

first bold: yikes.
second bold: woo.

Meeting up for breakfast was her suggestion to begin with so I'm not really fussed.

Funny enough she literally just texted "EVERYTHING'S SORTED OUT I AM SO SORRY" while I was typing, lmao.

Yep, she gave me oral. I was down for reciprocation, but it was that time of the month for her, unfortunately. No "testes play", but I can't complain too much, to be honest. I was satisfied.

We also ended up showering together a few hours after I wrote that initial post. If any of you guys have not tried this, I thoroughly recommend it. That shit was pretty mind-blowing.

I've had that on my bucket list for a while but you've bumped up the priority, lol.

Kyne

Showering is one of my favorite things to do with my new girlfriend.

Also, she has this;
0001944238374_500X500.jpg

If any of you shower regularly with your SO, I highly recommend getting them this as a gift. Everyone wins.

Raptomex

So the girl who messaged me first, I asked and got her number, and she agreed to go out with me possibly saturday, I took GAFs advice and didn't message her since I seem to be doing all the initial messaging. As I expected I didn't hear from her once today or as of right now, yesterday. Last we spoke she agreed to go out with me and told me she'll let me know if Saturday is okay. So if I don't hear from her by the end of the week I'll assume it's over. I texted her first at least 4 or 5 days in a row. At one point I asked if I shouldn't text her because maybe it was bothering her at work but she would insist I can keep messaging her.

I don't understand this girl. But I'm under the impression if you like someone you'll message them at least once or twice, damn. So I'll keep waiting. I'm finding this girl to be the definition of mixed signals.

Kyne

So the girl who messaged me first, I asked and got her number, and she agreed to go out with me possibly saturday, I took GAFs advice and didn't message her since I seem to be doing all the initial messaging. As I expected I didn't hear from her once today or as of right now, yesterday. Last we spoke she agreed to go out with me and told me she'll let me know if Saturday is okay. So if I don't hear from her by the end of the week I'll assume it's over. I texted her first at least 4 or 5 days in a row. At one point I asked if I shouldn't text her because maybe it was bothering her at work but she would insist I can keep messaging her.

I don't understand this girl. But I'm under the impression if you like someone you'll message them at least once or twice, damn. So I'll keep waiting. I'm finding this girl to be the definition of mixed signals.

Don't be put off! My girlfriend was EXACTLY like this (though she's getting a little bit better about it now). She doesn't really do the texting/social media thing.. so communication when I'm not with her in person is a little murky.

Anyways, before our first date the exact same thing happened... so I waited until the day of, and texted her asking if we were still on. She replied with a "!" so all was well.

It's pretty simple. If you absolutely have to text her, do it the morning of. If she doesn't reply then there's your answer.

y2dvd

Blah I broke a few rules today and ended up paying for an expensive dinner tonight. We had great conversations but I couldn't get any sexual tension going. I don't think she was having any of it. I couldn't even force to go for a kiss because the chemistry wasn't there. Maybe I should've forced it anyways and see if she would've gone for it. She's actually wanting to hang out again but I don't know if it's to be friends or if she is pretty conservative on the first date and will let up the second date. I think if I do this again, I will be aggressive and show my intentions from the start. I don't care to be friends tbh.

Kyne

Blah I broke a few rules today and ended up paying for an expensive dinner tonight. We had great conversations but I couldn't get any sexual tension going. I don't think she was having any of it. I couldn't even force to go for a kiss because the chemistry wasn't there. Maybe I should've forced it anyways and see if she would've gone for it. She's actually wanting to hang out again but I don't know if it's to be friends or if she is pretty conservative on the first date and will let up the second date. I think if I do this again, I will be aggressive and show my intentions from the start. I don't care to be friends tbh.

Here's my weekly reminder that I didn't kiss my girlfriend who I met through OkCupid until the second date (on the cheek no less) despite having an amazing 12 hour first date where I didn't initially feel any chemistry.

we're super hot for each other now.

Raptomex

Don't be put off! My girlfriend was EXACTLY like this (though she's getting a little bit better about it now). She doesn't really do the texting/social media thing.. so communication when I'm not with her in person is a little murky.

Anyways, before our first date the exact same thing happened... so I waited until the day of, and texted her asking if we were still on. She replied with a "!" so all was well.

It's pretty simple. If you absolutely have to text her, do it the morning of. If she doesn't reply then there's your answer.
We'll see. I like to plan ahead. Even if it's just the day before. Maybe I'll send a text Thursday or Friday.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Huh. I've always thought second base was boobs and third was, uh, I can't think of a work-safe word. Then again, I distinctly remember my ex and I having this exact conversation and she described third as oral as well.

Really? To me it was always

First base: French
Second base: Boobs
Third base: oral
Home-run: Home-run

It was kinda fun. I never showered together with my exes, but showered with the girl I had a one-night thing with the next morning. Can recommend, makes showers take a bit longer, but is actually kind of fun. Not mind-blowing, but fun. Make sure you're on the same level in terms of temperature though.

Sami+

Locked down a date this Sunday. Gonna pick her, watch The Drop, and then improvise for a few hours. Might suggest the lake and then go grab a bite to eat.

Should I pay for the meal? Genuine question.

Locked down a date this Sunday. Gonna pick her, watch The Drop, and then improvise for a few hours. Might suggest the lake and then go grab a bite to eat.

Should I pay for the meal? Genuine question.
I would personally offer to pay if I was in your shoes. I don't have the balls to ask to go dutch on the first date

So I wanted to share some of my recent adventures with you guys.

So there's this girl. Let's call her "Sarah". I met Sarah on the POF dating website about two weeks ago. I message her and she responds instantly super interested which is quite rare for me. We exchange messages all night before I give her my number. She texts that number instantly with hers and then asks to add me on Facebook. So all good so far right? Then we chat on and off over the next several days. Either via text message or over Facebook. I finally get the nerve to ask her out and she responds instantly to that saying yes and all excited. So I'm over the moon. I've been messaging girls on that site for months and I finally have a pretty, young and attractive single girl interested in me.

Then disaster strikes. She practically disappears for like five days. I message her on Facebook. I text her. And just nothing. Then last night I see she's online on Facebook so I message her again. She doesn't respond. Then I notice my friend count on my Facebook profile go down by one. I check her Facebook page and see that she deleted me. So the obvious answer is she lost interest and is no longer interested in going out with me for our previously planned date. Easily understandable so far. So last night I felt pretty rejected by all that having my hopes crushed so I grab four cans of Coors Light and drown my sorrows assuming that Sarah is gone and I'll never see her again.

I go to sleep drunk. Sleep for something like ten hours then wake up today. I have a text message. It's Sarah. Her message was pretty much the following:

Sarah: Hey I'm so sorry for not responding I've been working late night shifts at work and I'm also full up with a cold lol. I'm still interested in seeing you and I'm free this weekend for our date.

What the fuck. I was so sure she was gone. I know this doesn't sound all that surprising given she explained herself quite gracefully but the whole not responding for days and then deleting me on Facebook just doesn't add up to me. I mean I'm really happy that she's still interested because I really like her and had been looking forward to our date for weeks but seriously guys the girl's been a two week rollercoaster so far. Anyway this thread's awesome so I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes. I'm supposed to be seeing Sarah on Saturday night so I'll be sure to let you guys know what happens.

Here's hoping Sarah shows and we have an awesome time.

davepoobond

Be careful with that girl. I went through the same motions with a girl like that and we never ended up meeting and now she will text me randomly every few months with a "hey" just to get a response

She basically craves attention and doesn't actually have any intentions to ever meet me.

Why would she remove you from Facebook and still want to go out with you?

Just temper your expectations and don't fall into that trap

Kyne

with the way you described it, it felt like she met someone else, things didn't pan out like she thought they would, and then she went back to the leftovers (you).

just be careful.

SRG01

Be careful with that girl. I went through the same motions with a girl like that and we never ended up meeting and now she will text me randomly every few months with a "hey" just to get a response

She basically craves attention and doesn't actually have any intentions to ever meet me.

Why would she remove you from Facebook and still want to go out with you?

Just temper your expectations and don't fall into that trap

with the way you described it, it felt like she met someone else, things didn't pan out like she thought they would, and then she went back to the leftovers (you).

just be careful.

This is exactly what happened. It's not uncommon for people to put all their eggs in one basket and then go back to the previous options when it didn't pan out.

edit: That, or it's a troll and she's messing with you.

Thanks for the responses guys. Yeah I agree with all of you. It strikes me as very strange and I should probably be cautious. I just checked her Facebook page again now to make sure I got it right and she did in fact delete me. I'm not entirely sure when. It could have been a few days back. I think maybe the theory that she had another guy going on behind the scenes might be accurate. It does sound like she might be falling back on me because a conversation with someone else didn't work out.

I'll just have to monitor the situation and keep you posted. As far as I know we're definitely meeting this weekend so it'll be interesting to see how it pans out. TBH this hot and cold stuff is kind of exhausting. She goes from super interested and keen to just disappearing for days like a light switch. However her most recent text messages indicate she's genuinely now interested in meeting me on the weekend so I think I'll give her a shot and go for a drink with her. As I stated in my previous post I'll keep you guys updated.

Thanks for the advice though. I appreciate it.

Sami+

Keep her as an afterthought and don't put all of your eggs in that basket. If she agrees on a date, go for it and have fun, but just in case things don't pan out keep an eye out for other people too.

My 2 cents, anyway. Good luck, man. :)

And yeah I think I'll offer to pay for her meal. Gotta be a gentleman haha.

Keep her as an afterthought and don't put all of your eggs in that basket. If she agrees on a date, go for it and have fun, but just in case things don't pan out keep an eye out for other people too.

My 2 cents, anyway. Good luck, man. :)

And yeah I think I'll offer to pay for her meal. Gotta be a gentleman haha.

Thanks man. :) Appreciate it. The date looks like it's a hundred percent happening now so I'll keep this thread updated and let you all know how it goes.

davepoobond

i ask a girl what her favorite era of film is (she notated on her profile she likes learning about film history etc), and she responds with a few genres she likes.

i'm on the edge of not sending anything back since i know she won't reply anyway. its just dumb, she doesn't even answer my question correctly

i ask a girl what her favorite era of film is (she notated on her profile she likes learning about film history etc), and she responds with a few genres she likes.

i'm on the edge of not sending anything back since i know she won't reply anyway. its just dumb, she doesn't even answer my question correctly

The general rule is that if she keeps talking to you she's still interested. Doesn't matter what you're talking about, as long as you maintain conversation and she's responding she's interested. A girl who's not interested simply doesn't respond and you never hear from her again.

Also how do you know she won't respond? She probably will.

Sami+

lol. Thankfully that hasn't happened to me yet.

davepoobond

The general rule is that if she keeps talking to you she's still interested. Doesn't matter what you're talking about, as long as you maintain conversation and she's responding she's interested. A girl who's not interested simply doesn't respond and you never hear from her again.

Also how do you know she won't respond? She probably will.

she didn't ask me a question back, so she is most likely not going to be engaged in any sort of conversation. i've had this happen multiple times already, which is why i know she won't respond.

this is just the first time someone answered a question i didn't ask.

she didn't ask me a question back, so she is most likely not going to be engaged in any sort of conversation. i've had this happen multiple times already, which is why i know she won't respond.

Oh man I don't know then. Maybe some of the other guys can throw in their opinions. Hmm. I think you should try and maintain conversation either way. Like with Sarah our first conversation was about the Nolan Batman films (she apparently loves that trilogy) and I had to put in pretty much all the work to keep the conversation going. She was doing the same thing and not responding with questions or anything but every message I sent her got a response. It was because she was romantically interested on that night (and hopefully still is) and that's why the conversation kept going for hours. Can I ask which site you're using for this? One of the dating ones?

Also one more thing. I live by the mantra of "I'd rather she say no, than never know" and I've used that all my life. It managed to get me quite a few girls in bars and some long term girlfriends. Basically what it means is to try even if you do get rejected because it's better than just never knowing whether something would have happened.

Hope this helps man. Keep us updated.

Heysoos

So I've picked up using POF as a supplement since I haven't had much time to go out recently, figured I'd pick this up in the mean time. This might sound silly, but how do you guys approach girls who give you nothing to go by on their profiles? Just a generic, hey or something witty? Some of these girls put like no effort into their profiles, makes me wonder if I should even bother with those lol. Like this profile gives me nothing to start up a convo on.

davepoobond

Oh man I don't know then. Maybe some of the other guys can throw in their opinions. Hmm. I think you should try and maintain conversation either way. Like with Sarah our first conversation was about the Nolan Batman films (she apparently loves that trilogy) and I had to put in pretty much all the work to keep the conversation going. She was doing the same thing and not responding with questions or anything but every message I sent her got a response. It was because she was romantically interested on that night (and hopefully still is) and that's why the conversation kept going for hours. Can I ask which site you're using for this? One of the dating ones?

Also one more thing. I live by the mantra of "I'd rather she say no, than never know" and I've used that all my life. It managed to get me quite a few girls in bars and some long term girlfriends. Basically what it means is to try even if you do get rejected because it's better than just never knowing whether something would have happened.

Hope this helps man. Keep us updated.

Well, again, i was mostly just notating how she didn't really read my message and didn't respond to it correctly -- it's basically the same as the one-word replies i've gotten before where there will never be a second reply. They are basically just blowing me off.

I ended up sending a message and ignored what I had previously said, so if she responds she responds.

So I've picked up using POF as a supplement since I haven't had much time to go out recently, figured I'd pick this up in the mean time. This might sound silly, but how do you guys approach girls who give you nothing to go by on their profiles? Just a generic, hey or something witty? Some of these girls put like no effort into their profiles, makes me wonder if I should even bother with those lol.

i don't send messages to those people.

BUT, if i were to, I would just ask something that interests you personally so you can at least use that as a platform to start a conversation if they bite.

So I've picked up using POF as a supplement since I haven't had much time to go out recently, figured I'd pick this up in the mean time. This might sound silly, but how do you guys approach girls who give you nothing to go by on their profiles? Just a generic, hey or something witty? Some of these girls put like no effort into their profiles, makes me wonder if I should even bother with those lol. Like this profile gives me nothing to start up a convo on.

I'll probably get flamed for this but after applying so much time and energy into unique and individual messages and getting no responses I go with a generic one liner of something along the lines of "Hey. Would you be interested in talking? Loved your photos and would love to get to know you better. Let me know." It sounds like something that generic wouldn't work but believe me it does. It helps that I have a pretty good profile too (seriously sometimes I get messages from girls just complementing me on my profile). The tactic is that because my profile is so good girls will always view it after receiving a message from me so that's how I get responses. I let my profile do the talking.

The general advice though is the opposite of what I've said. You're supposed to comment on something interesting in their profile to get the conversation going (POF states this in the guides on the site). TBH though I prefer just the generic one liner. If they like your photo and profile and are romantically interested they'll respond.

Hope this helps man. Be prepared though to get rejected a lot on POF. The attractive girls on that site get hundreds of messages a day so you really have to get lucky in finding a girl who'll talk to you for any length of time. Put the energy and time in though and you'll get results. Good luck!

Top Bottom