• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Online Dating |OT| Please Respond

gugi40

If you feel like kissing him go for it. Life be too short.
Very true might as well just be 'cute' about it like a quick peck or something to instigate a proper one I don't know!

I just imagined a really awkward conversation about two people talking about kissing where 1 is uncomfortable and no one decided to kiss the other during that.

I'm going to take it this guy's a shy virgin?

He isn't a virgin, and we texted it to each other not in person lol. It does seem weird though, someone as open as I am and I can't even muster up the courage to place my lips on someone else's. Shit man.

My date today paid for the coffee we had because she felt bad about being 10 minutes late. I said she shouldn't worry, Common Core math kept me busy (rofl, no I didn't tell her about that) but she wouldn't have it any other way. Nice white mocca, nicer woman.

We had a good 2-hour talk and walk about the city she's in and she wants to meet again.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Very true might as well just be 'cute' about it like a quick peck or something to instigate a proper one I don't know!

He isn't a virgin, and we texted it to each other not in person lol. It does seem weird though, someone as open as I am and I can't even muster up the courage to place my lips on someone else's. Shit man.

Commit to the kiss and go for it. Not saying to shove your tongue down the guys throat, but something more than a peck.

My date today paid for the coffee we had because she felt bad about being 10 minutes late. I said she shouldn't worry, Common Core math kept me busy (rofl, no I didn't tell her about that) but she wouldn't have it any other way. Nice white mocca, nicer woman.

We had a good 2-hour talk and walk about the city she's in and she wants to meet again.

Do you think you will get a second date?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

say "i want to kiss your beautiful face" and then slobber a big one on him

Do you think you will get a second date?

High possibility of that. We've sent some texts back and forth this afternoon about what to do next. We talked about beer and how she acquired the taste and I never did. She wants to learn about wines, so there's something there to work with. Also musical tastes are very similar; most importantly we both HATE country music. :p

kingslunk

Just commit fully. He's a guy. He doesn't not want to kiss you.

gogogo

gugi40

Commit to the kiss and go for it. Not saying to shove your tongue down the guys throat, but something more than a peck.
Ok, I have to acquire the triforce.... for courage and such. Good luck on your second date btw.

say "i want to kiss your beautiful face" and then slobber a big one on him
I mean who doesn't like feeling like a St.Bernard just used your face as a slime canvas!? Amirite?
Just commit fully. He's a guy. He doesn't not want to kiss you.

gogogo
I suppose that is sort of true.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
^Get into what? Online dating?

Just got back from my date, it went really well. Took her to High line Park and then a burger joint to eat and for drinks. Ended up kissing her at the end of he date. Going to try and set up another date for next weekend.

Valus

Got a date tomorrow night! She seems interesting, hoping for the best.

Just doing a little update - had a fantastic date with this girl. Best date I've had since I've been single for sure. She's kind, smart, into gaming, attractive...and overall is just super cool.

After dinner we just walked around the area for a good two or so hours talking about whatever. Didn't feel awkward at all. She mentioned this Naughty Dog art show of sorts that's happening right now and suggested we check it out next time. So we have another date setup for this Tuesday after work.

No kiss at the end - we did hug twice. First time as a good bye, then again after we talked a bit more after. Overall it felt great.

Wish me luck with this one, GAF!

SRG01

The girl finally messaged me back at around midnight. She said she was going to text me earlier about plans, but I had doubts -- she was going to an event or something.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The girl finally messaged me back at around midnight. She said she was going to text me earlier about plans, but I had doubts -- she was going to an event or something.

Don't worry about it man. Just live your life. If it works out, great. If it doesn't she wasn't worth it in the first place. That's why I try (and sometimes fail, not gonna lie) not to get my hopes up before even a third date. By that time it's safer to put some eggs in that metaphorical basket.

Rich!

just found this thread after starting one in OT lol

just set up a profile on POF and Ok Cupid...and whaddaknow, I've just started talking to this really hot girl who is my age, same town, and loves Dark Souls and Xenoblade too

ooooooooohh yeah giggidy giggidy

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle

just set up a profile on POF and Ok Cupid...and whaddaknow, I've just started talking to this really hot girl who is my age, same town, and loves Dark Souls and Xenoblade too

One of those lovely and rare unicorns, eh? Have fun out there.

davepoobond

GabDX

Banned
I uploaded a shirtless picture with a lot a body hair and the caption says to tell me if I need to trim, wax, or shave. I'm not sure how it will go haha.

SRG01

Don't worry about it man. Just live your life. If it works out, great. If it doesn't she wasn't worth it in the first place. That's why I try (and sometimes fail, not gonna lie) not to get my hopes up before even a third date. By that time it's safer to put some eggs in that metaphorical basket.

Of course. I've already (partially) moved on, so we'll see how that goes.

dakun

so i just made a Ok Cupid account, set up my profile.. answered quite alot of the questions without really thinking about the consequences.. and now i'm wondering whether i gave away too much. I'm thinking about deleting some of my answers especially the more private once..
I set my profile up to be only view able by other members, but knowing the internet, i don't trust that some of the answers would be viewable by people i know. Yeah i'm weird like that. Don't have a problem with strangers knowing but oh god what if co-workers or friends see it.. lol

Also new to this thing called online-dating. Never been in a relationship. Actually too shy for my own sake. I look very average (not "ugly" at least imo) but have no confidence. Actually quiet likable in any situation but never seen as anything more than a friend.

Let's see how this turns out.

Bleepey

Who else has girls messaging them who spoke to them a while back on another site? I am not sure whether to be insulted or just to use whatever I remember about them to get in their good books.

Huh. I don't think I've seen any yet?

I've reported about 15-20. I know that may not sound like a-lot out of the many people on the site, but for an area like mine, it's pretty high. My area has a decent amount of users, but when I search for women around my age (18-20), the 18 year olds are sometimes 17 or 16. I had to bump up the age to 20 because there just aren't that many people who are 18 or 19.

davepoobond

I've reported about 15-20. I know that may not sound like a-lot out of the many people on the site, but for an area like mine, it's pretty high. My area has a decent amount of users, but when I search for women around my age (18-20), the 18 year olds are sometimes 17 or 16. I had to bump up the age to 20 because there just aren't that many people who are 18 or 19.

How can you tell though? Do they just say on the profile?

im gonna be one of those guys and ask for pointers on my profile
this is my about me
Hi my name is john doe and I'm a die hard LA Kings fan get over it! I love hockey with a passion and play it in my spare time. If you get to know me you'll realize I love to have fun and will always make you laugh. I enjoy talking to new people,and i have a blast hanging out. I love going to wild games or a movie when I ever I can. I love movies period its my favorite thing to do. I'm very open to all music and listen to just about anything. I am currently working full time running a store and have a huge responsibility and have my associates degree in design. So im looking to meet some new people so hit me up with questions if you want to know more.
you think i should change it or is this good

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
im gonna be one of those guys and ask for pointers on my profile
this is my about me
Hi my name is john doe and I'm a die hard LA Kings fan get over it! I love hockey with a passion and play it in my spare time. If you get to know me you'll realize I love to have fun and will always make you laugh. I enjoy talking to new people,and i have a blast hanging out. I love going to wild games or a movie when I ever I can. I love movies period its my favorite thing to do. I'm very open to all music and listen to just about anything. I am currently working full time running a store and have a huge responsibility and have my associates degree in design. So im looking to meet some new people so hit me up with questions if you want to know more.
you think i should change it or is this good

you lost me at LA kings fan

Madrin

So one of my top matches today is a girl who is a friend of my friend.... and she's a newlywed. I met her briefly a couple of years ago. She's using a fake name and her profile picture is a photo of her and her husband with a caption saying that he's her brother.

I'm almost tempted to send her a message just to see how far I can get her to draw out the lie.

davepoobond

So one of my top matches today is a girl who is a friend of my friend.... and she's a newlywed. I met her briefly a couple of years ago. She's using a fake name and her profile picture is a photo of her and her husband with a caption saying that he's her brother.

I'm almost tempted to send her a message just to see how far I can get her to draw out the lie.

brother lol.

do they even look alike?

I wonder if sometimes couples make this trick accounts for fun, just to get their rocks off at the messages thr woman receives.

Madrin

brother lol.

do they even look alike?

Not in the slightest. And it's the same photo that she's using as her current Facebook profile picture. It's such a dumb choice for an OKC profile.

I wonder if sometimes couples make this trick accounts for fun, just to get their rocks off at the messages thr woman receives.

The optimist in me wants to believe that this is the case, but I doubt it. That's why I'm toying with the idea of messaging her, just out of sheer curiosity. I'm 99% sure she doesn't remember me.

Ok, I find someone who was pretty damn nice.

Went on a date Saturday that went so well we just said fuck it and had the second date the following day. Which went even better. Won't be able to see her now until mid-week because of work and what not, but it's going really well.

I just don't know what to do now. Obviously we can't just keep going on random dates right? I need to make a move or something, or after a couple of more see if she wants to make it official

My last relationship was 3 and a half years so I've done jack shit since then and feel rusty

supergiz

Okcupid is 10x better than tinder. Already got 3 dates set up. And with quality girls I actually share something in common with. OK minus one damn I need to brush up on my sports knowledge for this super hottie

Sami+

Welp, the girl I met the other day seems to be ignoring my texts. Sent one yesterday morning talking about an Indian restaurant I had tried out (we were talking about international foods the night before) and a few hours ago asking if she was going to be on campus today. Oh well.

Okcupid is 10x better than tinder. Already got 3 dates set up. And with quality girls I actually share something in common with. OK minus one damn I need to brush up on my sports knowledge for this super hottie

There are so few cute girls on OKC over here. Curious what the cause is for the different demographics.

SRG01

Not in the slightest. And it's the same photo that she's using as her current Facebook profile picture. It's such a dumb choice for an OKC profile.

The optimist in me wants to believe that this is the case, but I doubt it. That's why I'm toying with the idea of messaging her, just out of sheer curiosity. I'm 99% sure she doesn't remember me.

They can also be stolen photos.

supergiz

Welp, the girl I met the other day seems to be ignoring my texts. Sent one yesterday morning talking about an Indian restaurant I had tried out (we were talking about international foods the night before) and a few hours ago asking if she was going to be on campus today. Oh well.

There are so few cute girls on OKC over here. Curious what the cause is for the different demographics.

I think it has to do with them being less superficial and okcupid not having the reputation of a hookup app

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Got myself a third date with the same girl, for this coming Friday. Things are going good. Not much in the way of texting, so that is new to me. But nothing too troubling.

Top Bottom