• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Online Dating |OT| Please Respond

Symphonia

Banned
Maybe don't start with "I'm awesome", or at least that type of intro has always put me off. But then again, I'm a male, so what do I know.
If him having him say he's awesome annoys you, you'll love my OKC profile. The whole thing reeks of pure arrogance. The best part? The girls seem to love it.

Ursn

If my tinder match tries to link me to a chat room I should bail out, right?

Yes, sometimes they'll give you their phone number in the first message too. I wonder if you're signing up for something if you actually text those numbers.

That moment when you find a really awesome person that shared many interests with you, both liked each other, but you decide to not message her because it was really late.

So, the next day you get on, you try to go to her profile but she deleted/deactivated her account.

My heart shattered.

Symphonia

Banned
If my tinder match tries to link me to a chat room I should bail out, right?
Any sort of link in the first message is a no-go for me. It's a clear sign that 'they' are a bot or some floozy out to make a quick buck. If I get any message like that, I unmatch them straight away.

That moment when you find a really awesome person that shared many interests with you, both liked each other, but you decide to not message her because it was really late.

So, the next day you get on, you try to go to her profile but she deleted/deactivated her account.

My heart shattered.
Oh, man, this has happened to me a few times.

It's gut-wrenching.

So I made my second foray into online dating this weekend with Tinder and OkCupid. As of now, I've gotten 70+ matches on Tinder (of which I've reduced down to 20ish) and 27 likes on OkCupid.

It is starting to get overwhelming. How am I suppose to turn these into dates?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
So I made my second foray into online dating this weekend with Tinder and OkCupid. As of now, I've gotten 70+ matches on Tinder (of which I've reduced down to 20ish) and 27 likes on OkCupid.

pick one and go from there.

Oh, man, this has happened to me a few times.

It's gut-wrenching.

It is.. :(

And now I got another girl who liked me as I liked her back. I message her, and I get nothing back. She's even online! T-T

I also got this other girl messaged me about what anime I like, then once I respond. I get nothing in return.. >.<

I also got 14 total people that like me, but I only know of three! Rah! (&#963;&#715;&#9661;&#714;)&#963;

That does sound overwhelming. Just choose who the most interesting person is to you of the bunch.

Symphonia

Banned
Troubled Bat, there could be a number of reasons. Girls on OKC recieve a shitload of messages on a daily basis. I set up a profile as a woman once to see it from their side, and my God, it's crazy. The girls you messaged are either working their way through the messages, or yours got deleted as it didn't stand out enough. Give it a couple of days and hit her up again.

I have no patience. I get too anxious of everything, but you're right. I do realize there's a bunch of thirsty ass guys there. Especially when I always see "If you're looking for casual sex, keep on going by. Etc. Etc." on a lot of females essays.

SRG01

Going out with the lady-friend this friday for my birthday, which would be the second time I've seen her (and in like almost two months too).

But why on earth am I getting a really bad feeling about this? Like she's lost interest in me or something.

SRG01

Do tell, haha.

I've had girls fawn over me, only to tell me the next day that they're interested in some other guy. Or girls wanting something on the side, but, after refusing, feigning innocence to me later on.

Or, more recently, did 'things' with a girl only for her to give me the cold shoulder the few days afterward when it was she who wanted more dates, haha.

I have the worst luck ;_;

I've had girls fawn over me, only to tell me the next day that they're interested in some other guy. Or girls wanting something on the side, but, after refusing, feigning innocence to me later on.

Or, more recently, did 'things' with a girl only for her to give me the cold shoulder the few days afterward when it was she who wanted more dates, haha.

I have the worst luck ;_;

Okay, now that is heart shattering. These females all sound confused on what they want to be honest. Lol.

That makes no sense! I just don't understand. But I can definitely see your point in things.. At least you can even have dates though! I haven't had anybody.

I feel like I'm not worthy of somebody. (´&#65381;_&#65381;`)

Tabasco

I don't think I can ever score a date I would agree to on Tinder.

It seems like I'm doing everything right, but I rarely get a good match.

I don't want to give up on it, but the app is wanting me to.

I don't think I can ever score a date I would agree to on Tinder.

It seems like I'm doing everything right, but I rarely get a good match.

I don't want to give up on it, but the app is wanting me to.
Tinder is wierd. Got like 10 matches in a row when out of the country for a few days (jeej, can't meet up with anyone when I'm only there for one night, so whatever). But got a date monday with someone. Went rather quick, so let's see what I can expect.

You tried OKC? Got a bit more luck there. Two dates lined up this weekend from there. Should be fun.

And the main photo is so important everywhere. Went from barely any views to almost all the girls I message viewing my profile at least. Not everyone responds in the end, but more are now.

Tabasco

Tinder is wierd. Got like 10 matches in a row when out of the country for a few days (jeej, can't meet up with anyone when I'm only there for one night, so whatever). But got a date monday with someone. Went rather quick, so let's see what I can expect.

You tried OKC? Got a bit more luck there. Two dates lined up this weekend from there. Should be fun.

And the main photo is so important everywhere. Went from barely any views to almost all the girls I message viewing my profile at least. Not everyone responds in the end, but more are now.
OKC gave me even worse luck.

Alternatively, my friend got this message and she thought it was hilarious:

Another friend of mine started using it himself and said it works ~50% of the time, which is not bad.

thats-good.gif

*sigh*

So I think I'm going to request some criticism for my OKC profile. If I could get anyone kind enough to volunteer, I'll pm you my profile page. Too shamed to post it to the public. :|

Piano

Banned
*sigh*

So I think I'm going to request some criticism for my OKC profile. If I could get anyone kind enough to volunteer, I'll pm you my profile page. Too shamed to post it to the public. :|

I only just started my OKC and have scored precisely zero dates through it so far but I'd be happy to offer my opinion for whatever it's worth!

How long do y'all usually go before switching from Tinder to texting? Starting messaging a girl just a couple of hours ago and she asked for my number. Not sure if I'm interested but couldn't really think of a reason to say no so I gave it to her.

Hopefully not a terrible idea.

edit: kept texting with girl, oh damn she just asked me why I'm on Tinder. getting into those deeeep questions fast. uhh...yolo?

Piano

Banned
Since.. I think, the 14th.

Give it more time. I've had it a month and, so far, have only gotten four matches, two meaningful chats and zero dates. Honestly, I consider that a success, since it seems like Tinder plays host to a whole different type of people than me.

Give it more time. I've had it a month and, so far, have only gotten four matches, two meaningful chats and zero dates. Honestly, I consider that a success, since it seems like Tinder plays host to a whole different type of people than me.

It's hard though, especially when I've gotten no matches at all. >.< But I will keep trying for sure, at least I have OKC going very well for me. Actually talking with somebody right now.

*sigh*

I'll take a look if you want to!

How long do y'all usually go before switching from Tinder to texting? Starting messaging a girl just a couple of hours ago and she asked for my number. Not sure if I'm interested but couldn't really think of a reason to say no so I gave it to her.

Hopefully not a terrible idea.

edit: kept texting with girl, oh damn she just asked me why I'm on Tinder. getting into those deeeep questions fast. uhh...yolo?
Depends a bit. Mostly after a few messages back and forth ask if they want to meet up sometime for a drink. If that's a yes, ask the number.

And why you're on Tinder? To meet fun new people! Not really a deep question.

Symphonia

Banned
So I think I'm going to request some criticism for my OKC profile. If I could get anyone kind enough to volunteer, I'll pm you my profile page. Too shamed to post it to the public.
Drop me a line in my inbox, and I'll help you as best I can.

I've had no luck on Tinder. Thinking about just taking it off.
Tinder takes a lot of getting used to. It's not in the same league as OKCupid or POF in the sense that you don't have a profile to read. You have a photo and a short personal statement to grab someone's attention. It's because of this that securing a date with someone - or even striking a match - is a lot more difficult. Don't give up though, bruh.

Fawoosh

Banned
I'm meeting up with someone from OKC today after work for coffee. We've been chatting for a month or so now and she just moved here to New Orleans from Texas. I'm looking forward to finally meeting her but one thing is bugging me. In setting everything up see said, "Just as friends of course, I have none here."

I'm not disheartened by that, but slightly confused.

My general approach to online dating is chat online, set up a meeting, hang out and chit chat and see where things go from there. I never approach it with a "we gonna bang" mentality. I would like to think she's taking the same approach.

depths20XX

I'm meeting up with someone from OKC today after work for coffee. We've been chatting for a month or so now and she just moved here to New Orleans from Texas. I'm looking forward to finally meeting her but one thing is bugging me. In setting everything up see said, "Just as friends of course, I have none here."

I'm not disheartened by that, but slightly confused.

My general approach to online dating is chat online, set up a meeting, hang out and chit chat and see where things go from there. I never approach it with a "we gonna bang" mentality. I would like to think she's taking the same approach.

If she's straight up saying, "just as friends of course" then it's pretty obvious she has no intentions of anyting going past that with you.

stn

You could always say "I'm not looking for a one-night stand. But I'm not looking for friends, either." But I agree with the above, she doesn't like you in that way.

6tin (the unofficial Windows Phone app) is so much better than Tinder for Android.

-6tin has an option to review profiles you've passed on
-6tin doesn't require your location to be always on (can manually set it) so you can still use it if you're out of town for the weekend for example (also saves battery life)
-6tin can give you a one-line preview of a profile
-6tin doesn't slow down or lag, nor does it do a profile search after 5 swipes

Tabasco

This girl messaged me first on Tinder asking if I wanted to meet, and she put her phone number to text her too.

After a short amount of time, not even an hour later, she unmatched me. What kind of a person doesn't give another person enough time to respond to it? Wtf?

This girl messaged me first on Tinder asking if I wanted to meet, and she put her phone number to text her too.

After a short amount of time, not even an hour later, she unmatched me. What kind of a person doesn't give another person enough time to respond to it? Wtf?
The one that got someone else to text her sooner.

megamerican

Likely a booty call and you were just too slow on the draw, nothing personal.

I get them from time to time usually really late at night. They rarely ever respond after the first meet up message.

Ugh. Think Im getting catfished on Tinder. Asked to trade snaps to confirm ourselves and the response was "id love to but I get too many dick pics!"

And then "thats weird to ask, do you think you are getting catfished or that Im fat?"

Then she stops responding after I tell her I dont want to send dick pics and telling her it was okay.

Now Im uneasy and want to unmatch, but I liked talking to her :(

What should I do?

Piano

Banned
Ugh. Think Im getting catfished on Tinder. Asked to trade snaps to confirm ourselves and the response was "id love to but I get too many dick pics!"

And then "thats weird to ask, do you think you are getting catfished or that Im fat?"

Then she stops responding after I tell her I dont want to send dick pics and telling her it was okay.

Now Im uneasy and want to unmatch, but I liked talking to her :(

What should I do?

Have you been chatting via the app or do you have a phone number?

Wow. So for the past four hours, 4:30 AM to 8:30 AM, I've been talking to a girl on tinder.

At the end, I got her number.

Ive never done something like this before, 4 hours of talking about all kinds of things.

I just hope to fuck almighty that she was real.

Wow. So for the past four hours, 4:30 AM to 8:30 AM, I've been talking to a girl on tinder.

At the end, I got her number.

Ive never done something like this before, 4 hours of talking about all kinds of things.

I just hope to fuck almighty that she was real.
The bots are pretty clear on there. Four hour talk would be someone real. Text her and check of course ;)

Top Bottom