• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

I actually voted all my Marlins in except for the guys who are under performing and don't deserve a vote like the trash they are

pixelpatch

Im really into baseball at the moment, shame UK doesnt have much of a presence with it. had to digitally download The Show

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Current in-game date: June 28, 2020
Notes: 2 more sims before your rookies most likely need to be signed. We do have International Free Agents coming up before the due date though. Next sim stops on IFA day so you guys can make offers, but we go straight back to 7 day after that.

Update is just starting, so you can check it in like 10-15min

Rommel

Im really into baseball at the moment, shame UK doesnt have much of a presence with it. had to digitally download The Show

If your interested in OOTP and joining the league I have a spare Steam key. Completely different beast than the show though.

Bog

Junior Ace
Semi-appropriate ad on GAF?

mWxWMuF.jpg

brentech

Real world is starting to emulate my OOTP management of the Indians
CLEVELAND -- Jose Ramirez has served as the Indians' super utilityman this season.

On Friday night he played a lead role in Cleveland's fourth straight win, a 7-1 victory over the reeling Kansas City Royals.

Ramirez got three hits and drove in a career-high five runs as the Indians sent the World Series champion Royals to their eighth loss in 10 games.

Indians manager Terry Francona went into the season with the idea of finding as much playing time off the bench as possible for Ramirez. The switch-hitter made his seventh start at third base and has started nine times in left field.

This is exactly what I have done with Ramirez the past few seasons. Someone goes down, he covers any position on the field for me.

brentech

I think I'll skip the upload today. Been at a wedding reception, still not home. Best to keep everyone on the same page and be able to sim at normal hours the following days.

brentech

I'm not home, but I ran a 4 day sim to bring us to the start of international free agency.

MAKE YOUR HIGHET OFFER BECAUSE THEY USUALLY SIGN FAST. Not going to bother small sims. Going right into 7 day.

brentech

Sim: 4 days
Current in-game date: July 2, 2020
Notes: Official update now that I'm home. International Free Agents are available. If you want to put an offer in on one, make it your highest offer as they sign quickly and we're just going to advance 7 days as usual tomorrow.

Well at least all of my short season minor teams have winning records!

A few of my younger players are finally starting to play well. Maybe we can be decent in a few more seasons! Except Ozzie he's 0 of 32 in his last 20 games.... Dude supposed to be good in real life at least.

Was 3rd in batting average earlier in the season now we're 10th but 1st in the NL in stolen bases!

Owner won't even let me spend 70k for an IFA ):

Looking through the latest Baseball America, start looking at High A rosters, recognize a bunch of guys, a lot of whom have already been all stars in this league. Really cool.

Owner won't even let me spend 70k for an IFA ):

When did Donald Trump buy the team?

"They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good baseball players."

Rommel

My owner won't let me spend anything right now even though I had 3 mil budgeted towards it. Oh well, no one my scout really loved anyways but was going to take a couple flyers.

Cater Burgess late bloomer. On pace for 30 HR's and 100 BB's at 2B. Bet Tampa regrets that release.

brentech

Current in-game date: July 9, 2020
Notes: Braves having a players only meeting. Boston's Mookie Betts to miss the rest of the season. Diamondbacks' Addison Reed collected save number 300.

Indians get one staring outfield back, lose a different one for two weeks. I think I'm going to miss the playoffs because of this series of injuries to 3 of my best hitters.

Thanks to Miami, I no longer have the best pythag or run differential. That pitching staff is firing on all cylinders

Also, I might listen to offers for Joe Musgrove, if anyone wants a decent #2.

man, I have a 19 year old Jorge Martinez destroying AAA right now. to call or not to call, that is the question.

How are you doing in the standings? I'd hold off personally, but I don't know exactly how the development algorithm works in game. I read on their forums that bringing a guy up early isn't supposed to cause a huge hit to it, but you never know.

I'd also like to point out that I have like five dudes in the minors named Jorge Martinez. OOTP name generator.

How are you doing in the standings? I'd hold off personally, but I don't know exactly how the development algorithm works in game. I read on their forums that bringing a guy up early isn't supposed to cause a huge hit to it, but you never know.

I'd also like to point out that I have like five dudes in the minors named Jorge Martinez. OOTP name generator.

When I see a guy like that get to 50+ OVR I figure he's ready. So, if there's a spot in they go.

Dude is at 69 OVR and 80 POT

Dude is at 69 OVR and 80 POT

Ummmm, YEAH! Bring that dude up ASAP. Better yet, don't. I'll snatch him in the rule 5 draft next year.

I brought up my AAA catcher this year, who was mysteriously sitting down there even though my scout has him as an 80/80. Dude is a complete monster, and just crushing the ball with the Royals.

In fact, he should be the starting AL catcher, but I doubt any of you showed him love.

Oh now I can use my INTL FA budget to sign players now that there is one dude left lol.

Not home to check yet. Is he a BIG WINNER?

Oh now I can use my INTL FA budget to sign players now that there is one dude left lol.
Yeah I *just* got access to more money too.. could've used that a week ago.

My scout found an 80 POT player, it'll be interesting if he actually turns out good. I think this is the first time I found someone above 21 POT.

brentech

Yeah I *just* got access to more money too.. could've used that a week ago.

My scout found an 80 POT player, it'll be interesting if he actually turns out good. I think this is the first time I found someone above 21 POT.
Yea. I realized I have someone coming down the pipelines graded the the 60s or 70s that my scout found. Feels good to finally get one that way.

With all due respect to David Glass, my owner is a moron. He gives me pretty straight forward pre-season goals, like don't embarrass ourselves too badly, extend a player draft well, increase attendance, etc.

I made a ton of roster moves, promoted dudes, cut dead weight by releasing trash, traded for prospects, went wild on the rule 5 and amateur drafts...and now we're smack dab in the middle of a wild card race.

But the dude is moving those goalposts. He writes me an literally says to keep winning because, "We're well on the way to reaching the postseason, like we discussed earlier." Ummm, mother fucker, you told us not to come out looking too awful. Now he's all playoffs or death.

CF in Oakland is where players go to die right now. Don't let your CF play in Oakland if you want him to live.

Your owners sound like my boss irl.

BLOCKBUSTER

Seattle Sends
Eric Hosmer 1B SEA MLB
Garrett Mitchell LF Tacoma AAA
Mikey White 2B Tacoma AAA
Thomas Romero RP Jacksonville AA
Johnathan Gettys SP Jacksonville AA

Minnesota Sends
Byron Buxton CF MIN MLB
Miguel Sano 3B MIN MLB

Gotta admit I'm a bit nervous given that Sano is a power based right handed hitter coming to Safeco and Buxton is now made of glass, while Mitchell is a pretty elite OF prospect who just jumped from A ball to AAA, but sometimes you gotta try something different.

Oh geez, I brain farted. That's what I get for posting before coffee. Yeah I guess I did agree to that.

Ok. I edited your post for confirmation.

BLOCKBUSTER

Seattle Sends

Eric Hosmer 1B SEA MLB
Garrett Mitchell LF Tacoma AAA
Ben Ramirez Tacoma AAA
Mikey White 2B Tacoma AAA
Thomas Romero RP Jacksonville AA
Johnathan Gettys SP Jacksonville AA

Minnesota Sends

Byron Buxton CF MIN MLB
Miguel Sano 3B MIN MLB

Confirmed.

I'm releasing Hosmer immediately just in case anyone has an interest and wants a heads-up that he'll be free.

brentech

Current in-game date: July 23, 2020
Notes: Trade can only have 5 players on one side, so I issued two trades and split the players between them.
Mike Trout is going to miss the rest of the season - ruptured finger tendon.
Evan Longoria's season also ended.

Current in-game date: July 23, 2020
Notes: Trade can only have 5 players on one side, so I issued two trades and split the players between them.
Mike Trout is going to miss the rest of the season - ruptured finger tendon.
Evan Longoria's season also ended.

welp

there goes the angels potential haul

Top Bottom