• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

If things continue as they are presently there's going to be some stiff competition in the A.L. when things really start to heat up. It may be a bloodbath for the pennant, for whoever survives the beatings. Hopefully the survivor will let out a guttural primal howl in a cathartic 4-0 sweep of the Dodgers to end our league's suffering.

Well, that was a much better sim. Tweaking the chemistry seems to be helping? And at his current pace Morales will have more homers than errors soon!

And I'm highly amused that Musgrove and Lavisky got suspended for instigating a brawl. You were batterymates for years, guys!

If anyone needs a good RP, don't forget that Kimbrel and Holland are both available!

And if you need a solid fielding catcher, Christian Vazquez is available!

Prices aren't super high - just a prospect that my SD likes (that maybe your guy thinks is trash)

brentech

Sim: 7 Days
Date: June 27, 2022
Notes: Next sim will stop short for International Free Agency

Cabrera hit HR number 600 against the Rays.
Seattle loses Andriese for season.

This Indians team is so unpredictable. Will have perfect or 1 loss sims, then the next day no wins.

Sim: 7 Days
Date: June 27, 2022
Notes: Next sim will stop short for International Free Agency

Cabrera hit HR number 600 against the Rays.
Seattle loses Andriese for season.

This Indians team is so unpredictable. Will have perfect or 1 loss sims, then the next day no wins.

Jeff Fisher managing the Indians

How the hell is my team still in first?
Miles Williams looks like he's having himself a nice season

brentech

hello

are there any spots open

Team GMs

AL East

Yankees – **OPEN**
Orioles – Dr_LawyerCop
Blue Jays – chairon
Red Sox – **OPEN**
Rays – darkside31337

AL Central

Tigers – Got the Shakes
White Sox – **OPEN**
Twins – synchronicity
Royals – **OPEN**
Indians – brentech

AL West

A’s – CosmicQueso
Angels – DUFFMCWALIN
Rangers – **OPEN**
Mariners – Purple Cheeto
Astros – acheron_xl

NL East

Mets – Dmncnby2k9
Braves – CrimsonCommie
Marlins – ph33nix
Nationals – **OPEN**
Phillies – **OPEN**

NL Central

Cubs – Bog
Reds – **OPEN**
Cards – Shalashaska
Brewers – **OPEN**
Pirates – **OPEN**

NL West

Giants – XiaNaphryz
Dodgers – FrenchMovieTheme
Rockies – **OPEN**
Padres – **OPEN**
D’Backs – Rommel

Joe

I've never played this before but I want to try it. Is it possible to buy a legit Steam key for cheap or any other way to try the game without paying full price first? Or should I just wait for a sale?

brentech

Indians pitching has managed to avoid injuries this year, but I'm down 4 fielders right now. Guys dropping like flies from my infield.

I've never played this before but I want to try it. Is it possible to buy a legit Steam key for cheap or any other way to try the game without paying full price first? Or should I just wait for a sale?

It goes on sale at various points, but I'm not aware of any ways to just 'try it'. It's been on sale during the summer sale and during holidays.

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: July 9, 2022
Notes:

Bobby Bradley of the Indians hit for the cycle against the Angels. 5-6
Indians get 1 of their 2 injured second basemen back. Still 3 fielders with 3 weeks of injury time left.

Signed all 3 of my Int. FA targets, cool. Otherwise, pretty bad sim. Lost my 1B for a month, another reliever went down. I'm sending up my top pitching prospect to get a taste of the bigs, but he's probably only going to be up for a sim or two, since I should be starting to get guys back from the DL.

I might need to look for a trade. Maybe a 1B. Power and defense are priorities.

brentech

I debated looking for a trade, but I really don't think my team is good enough to make a real effort regardless of one or two player changes.

Not worth the loss of any futures.

Everyone on my team keeps getting hurt, but somehow I'm winning games (6-0 sim!?!?). I haven't gone too deep to see how and why, but I'll take it!

brentech

Date: July 16, 2022
Notes: The AL won the All Star game!

Cleveland crawls out of the AL Central gutter by way of pitching, defense, and small ball. Very interesting to see this team manage to do this.

brentech

I'm currently working on a Mid Season Introduction of the Indians.
Taking a look at the changes I've made prior to the season (there was a lot) and how things have gone to date.

Since we never managed even a 2nd podcast, I'd like to get some insights on what people are doing with their team OR a breakdown of interesting stats/info from time to time. Obviously, no one is obligated to do this, but if you want to I'll be posting the 'articles' to the league website.

Expect to see some notes about the Indians tonight or tomorrow sometime.
My write up on the current state of the Indians is now live: http://gobl.obleague.com/

Date: July 16, 2022
Notes: The AL won the All Star game!

Cleveland crawls out of the AL Central gutter by way of pitching, defense, and small ball. Very interesting to see this team manage to do this.

You've got to be thrilled with the way things are going, given all the organizational shuffling you had going on.

I'm always a pitching/defense/speed/small ball type of guy, and I love that style of baseball. (That's why the Royals were probably my favorite champion in recent memory (or maybe ever) last year because of how much their style resonated with me.)

I've always put my emphasis on building that type of team in our OOTP league, and I've had some success, despite struggling to score runs most every year. This year the Twins are having no issues scoring (despite a recent rough patch, at least partially attributable to injuries), but our starting pitching is under-performing what I expected from the staff. Our pen is strong, but our rotation has to be more consistent down the stretch.

My first round pick this season, and last season, was called up after just 14 minor league games and has been doing a decent job.

Thought Braxton Davidson returning from the DL would help my offense but he went 0-16 since he's been back. I hope today's sim is better!

brentech

Date: Aug 6, 2022
Notes:

Indians have 3 players ready to return from injury, but I'm afraid to pull them out of rehab assignment because the team is too hot and working together recently. I don't want to lose this chemistry.

Do you have the chance to run Cody Ponce through the trade bot?

Also, I'm listening to offers for Ponce, in case someone wants him.

Sorry man, never got back to the thread until now.

brentech

John Aiello 6-6 day against the Indians.

Mariners within 6.5 of Oakland. Oropeza's arm injury only a dead arm.

God damn, Seattle murdered the Indians 0-4 that sim.
Next sim starts a run at Minnesota though, and I need I really need to at least split games to stay in the chase.

Indians...team is too hot

Dang! Go away Tribe!

tumblr_ma5h44SwMO1qc3syx.gif

I know you had a bad sim on the last one, but your team has seriously out-performed what I expected of them. Nice job!

RIP Jose Fernandez. Enjoy every day...you never know.

Top Bottom