• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

Byron Buxton is injured for the umpteenth time.

That's the only reason I let him go. It's ALWAYS SOMETHING...usually some niggling little nothing too.

Not terribly happy wth Gallo right now. Has a projected -8 WAR for the year.

phew.gif

Thanks for taking that bullet! ;)

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: Apr 24, 2022
Notes: Many team with 11 wins leading divisions right now. Dodgers remain with the top record at 14.

Herbert Iser is now up to 60 defensive rating at first base, to go with his 70 at catcher and he finally appears to be destroying the ball at the bigs. My first base problem may be solved!

brentech

Thanks guys. She'll get used to demoting players to AA in no time.
Hopefully I'll be able to sim tomorrow night when we go back home.

brentech

And GOBL commences.

Date: May 1, 2022
Notes: Atlanta's Aroldis Chapman suffered elbow ligament damage, season done, 10 months out.
McCutchen notches his 2000th hit.
Angels will lose Nick Tropeano for the season.

You been listening to Foreigner? Cuz you COLD AS ICE.

mmmmhmmmm

Also, Billy Hamilton already has 3 homers on the year in 31 at bats. the most he's ever had in a year was 8 with 660 AB LOL
Wow, Miles Williams with a great start to the year, already 22 BB drawn through 23 games

And GOBL commences.

Date: May 1, 2022
Notes: Atlanta's Aroldis Chapman suffered elbow ligament damage, season done, 10 months out.
McCutchen notches his 2000th hit.
Angels will lose Nick Tropeano for the season.

glad we dodged that Chapman bullet.

Ponce's career ERA+ -

2018 - 157 (3 starts)
2019 - 153
2020 - 111
2021 - 84
2022 - 66

At least Lincecum was solid for 5 seasons before he turned to shit. I more or less got 2.

Very relieved that I never extended this guy.

I get sad when I look at the numbers Felix is putting up in his AAA "Rehab" assignment.

Also my team is winning almost 70% of the time so far and the reigning MVP has been my worst hitter.

Brent, would you mind shopping

SS Trenton Nash (Min)

and if no one else is shopping anyone this sim or has any objections to a second shop, I'd also like to shop

P Moises Gomez (Min)

Of course, if there is any interest from any human players, I'm happy to talk turkey too.

Thanks.

brentech

Brent, would you mind shopping

SS Trenton Nash (Min)

and if no one else is shopping anyone this sim or has any objections to a second shop, I'd also like to shop

P Moises Gomez (Min)

Of course, if there is any interest from any human players, I'm happy to talk turkey too.

Thanks.

Nothing for Nash.

Gomez could return
Code:
White Sox - Mat Latos - SP
White Sox - Yoenis Cespedes - CF
Yankees - Aaron Judge - LF
Padres - Josmil Pinto - C
Padres - Eric Hosmer - 1B

chairon

Neo Member
Disastrous start to the season has cost Gibbons his job. Wouldn't give up control and had some guys in the wrong roles. Curious to see who I can get to come in and turn this around, should be better than this.

Such a fun league, thanks for maintaining!

Welp, Gray is out for the bulk of the year after an already slow start for the season. Gonna be another long year. And still 2 more until I get some salary relief.

I've only had like 3 losses since Chapman and my catcher got hurt two sims ago. Now that I put them on the DL and replaced them we'll start losing again.

Another good sim. I'm leading the AL in defense, which has really paid off. Allred has been outstanding in CF, shouldn't have wasted him in LF last year. Also leading the league in SBs, which is something I wanted to be aggressive with. I'm liking my rotation better this year and my bullpen has been pretty good. Would have liked to been able to sign a closer, but I'm piecing it together. Wanted to move Moore to the pen, possibly to close, but he's been my best starter.

This might be my best shot this season. I don't think I can bring back Machado. He wants to test the market and I'm nervous about spending big on a guy who's injury status is wrecked. There's just not an impact bat that could take his spot.

Top Bottom