• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

brentech

Real life OOTP took place. Josh Bauer hurt his finger messing around with a drone

That was Trevor Bauer.
Real world: mediocre starter / reliever
OOTP: all-star pitcher that was one of the best in the league from 2015-2020, possibly still, but no longer on my team.

brentech

Sim: 3 days
Date: Nov 25, 2022
Notes: Get ready to open your wallets. Be ready to get to your maximum offer fast. 7 day sims for a little bit before 14 day sims start.

Jesus, creating reports takes forever when doing it from the surface pro. I should remember to turn that off when I need to sim from here. No reports generated today.
Can you throw Garrett Wolforth in the trade machine? I need to cut some salary over here!
PHI: RP - Trevor Williams
SF: SP - Nick Martinez
WAS: SP - Jarrod Parker, 1B - Brandon Belt
Can you please place

C - Kevin Plawecki

on the trade-o-matic? Thanks!
SD: SP - Mark Blackmar

Ah, the first day of free agency, when its confirmed to me that, no I'm not getting the big money free agents.

I mean Mazara wants like 9/411. Ha.

Dang, Dmncnby2k9, I almost want to work out some sort of trade with you because of how persistent you've been with your desire to deal. If I needed a SP, I'd definitely try to deal with you. Hopefully someone here needs a starter and can make a swap of some kind.

Our Arcia/Syndergaard trade so many seasons ago didn't really amount to much for either of us though, did it.

Dang, Dmncnby2k9, I almost want to work out some sort of trade with you because of how persistent you've been with your desire to deal. If I needed a SP, I'd definitely try to deal with you. Hopefully someone here needs a starter and can make a swap of some kind.

Our Arcia/Syndergaard trade so many seasons ago didn't really amount to much for either of us though, did it.

lol just letting ppl know i have some guys available. Have a few guys in the minors who can start in the majors this season.

and yea, Arcia killed it for about a year and a half, then went straight to shit lol

congrats on the title!

lol just letting ppl know i have some guys available. Have a few guys in the minors who can start in the majors this season.

and yea, Arcia killed it for about a year and a half, then went straight to shit lol

congrats on the title!

Thanks.

Syndergaard gave me a couple decent years and a few more mediocre ones, but he was never a real standout for me.

brentech

Sorry about your Packers commish. :(

QB got bad.
cry.gif

Nice to see that a couple of my releases from my Series winning team were among the first FAs GOBLed (TM) up.

Phil Hughes and Logan Ice signed right away. I'm happy for them, but the savings were worth it, having other guys who could do as well or better ready to step in @ minimum rates.

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: Dec 9, 2022
Notes: Might be switching to 14 day sims soon.
McCutchen still blowing up wallets. 20M for 2 years guaranteed, with a injury history of 'wrecked'. I don't even think I had seen worse than fragile before. Back with the yankees.

Rommel

Date: Dec 9, 2022
Notes: Might be switching to 14 day sims soon.
McCutchen still blowing up wallets. 20M for 2 years guaranteed, with a injury history of 'wrecked'. I don't even think I had seen worse than fragile before. Back with the yankees.

Heyward is also wrecked and looks to get another big payday.

Bauer's drone injury forcing him to leave the game tonight reads like something straight out of OOTP.

I let McCutchen go because he was old and busted. My fans are pissed about it though and they have no reaction to signing De Jong.

Madness. De Jong was the best pitcher on the market and no one gives a shit?

Bauer's drone injury forcing him to leave the game tonight reads like something straight out of OOTP.

Madness. De Jong was the best pitcher on the market and no one gives a shit?

I guess not. I only had to sign him through age 35 too so I won't be on the hook for a giant contract when he's out there throwing BP.

He wanted an AAV of $43mm a year to sign with me and he was asking for like $30mm a year for an extension and my owner wouldn't green light it.

I mean I didn't get him cheap. $269 million for 7 years. I have something like $80 million a year wrapped up in him and Gallo. Hopefully my owner just keeps giving me $50 million+ for free agents every year...

Must be nice. After putting my development budget closer to where I want it, I had about $4mm to play with.

Hey Brent. Might I get you to push Derek Fisher into the trade-u-lator for me?

I mean I didn't get him cheap. $269 million for 7 years. I have something like $80 million a year wrapped up in him and Gallo. Hopefully my owner just keeps giving me $50 million+ for free agents every year...

Yeah I've got so much committed to Trout that I can't do that kind of deal. My fan interest tanked too.

Who knew Little Caesar's money was so large! That definitely is two massive deals in back-to-back years.

But yeah, the needle on fan interest should have definitely moved, lol.

Edit: My entire payroll isn't that much more than those two guys. You tryin' to out Dodger the Dodgers?! ;)

I'm pretty sure this is going to get ugly in like 5 seasons. I do have Miggy and Verlander coming off the books soon, and 2 more cheap years of DiCaprio.

That was the other part of it, a ton of my young guys just hit arbitration status. Former MVP Quevedo and John Aiello both got huge pay raises, so my choice was hold on to my roster core and keep DeJong, or dump half my roster and keep DeJong.

I might've been able to make something happen if I had voided Buxton's contract, but then I'd have no viable CFer.

Rommel

That was the other part of it, a ton of my young guys just hit arbitration status. Former MVP Quevedo and John Aiello both got huge pay raises, so my choice was hold on to my roster core and keep DeJong, or dump half my roster and keep DeJong.

I might've been able to make something happen if I had voided Buxton's contract, but then I'd have no viable CFer.

Dropping DeJong was probably a good bet... signing any fragile pitcher to a contract longer than 3 years is a no go for me. Chances are he will be throwing BP after year 3.

Who knew Little Caesar's money was so large! That definitely is two massive deals in back-to-back years.

But yeah, the needle on fan interest should have definitely moved, lol.

Edit: My entire payroll isn't that much more than those two guys. You tryin' to out Dodger the Dodgers?! ;)

I'm in the same mode as the real life Tigers, every year sign guys to giant deals trying to win now. It's all going to come crashing down in like 3 seasons and I'm going to have $180 million payroll that's only winning 70 games a year lol.

I'm in the same mode as the real life Tigers, every year sign guys to giant deals trying to win now. It's all going to come crashing down in like 3 seasons and I'm going to have $180 million payroll that's only winning 70 games a year lol.

We've definitely got an interesting division. The Twins are young, talented and just won a title, The Tribe are rebuilding, but had a nice run with a near-complete roster turnover and have a great defensive squad, and you're spending money like a grandma handing out old hard-candy at Halloween. Having 3 human players makes our division more compelling. (along with the other divisions in the AL) Imo, the AL is just more interesting because of having 9 active human players spread evenly among the divisions. (Suck it NL :p)

It will be interesting to see how things unfold in 2023. (I'm from the future!) If Gallo has a more traditionally Gallo-like year, and De Jong lives up to the contract you gave him, things could develop nicely for the Motor City Kitties.

Dang, I'm already pumped for opening day. That's one of my favorite things about OOTP- you don't have to wait so long for opening day to come back.

brentech

Sim: 7 Days
Date: Dec 16, 2022
Notes: Winter meetings start, but tomorrow will still be a 7 day sim. Then a short sim onto Rule 5 day. With that in mind, please start elevating plays to 40 man roster to protect from Rule 5.

Just looking at Octavio Morales' rookie season. I've got a lot riding on this kid.

Low leverage - 314 AB, .194 .237 .385, 16 HR, 27 RBI
Med leverage - 230 AB, .235 .279 .474, 15 HR, 36 RBI
High leverage - 106 AB, .340 .379 .726, 12 HR, 46 RBI

So clutch. Hopefully he starts performing when the stakes are low. But the Very High desire f/ win coupled with Low work ethic tells me he might not.

And further research tells me that his 36 errors were the most by any first baseman in a very long time. No 1B has had more than 30 errors since 1914, in fact. He should work on that.

brentech

Lets hope the real world Indians take one before I do in OOTP

Date: Dec 23, 2022
Notes: Next sim enables Rule 5 draft list making. Last day to protect your players.

How in the bloody hell did Mazara end up taking 6/120 from the Phils? Again, when I looked into him for shits and grins he wanted three more years at more than triple the cost.

CPU gets all the deals.

How in the bloody hell did Mazara end up taking 6/120 from the Phils? Again, when I looked into him for shits and grins he wanted three more years at more than triple the cost.

CPU gets all the deals.

I'm curious if any humans offered. I had the money but assumed he'd go for more than that.

brentech

Sim: 2 days
Date: Dec 25, 2022
Note: Christmas day is Rule 5 draft, coincidence? Notice the return of a certain league member in this update, bringing our active player list to 16.

brentech

I invite anyone, especially the reigning champs, to make a write up about their team sometime between now and the season starting.

Top Bottom