• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

I invite anyone, especially the reigning champs, to make a write up about their team sometime between now and the season starting.

Yeah ok, I'll try to make some time to do one in the next few days.

Welcome back EZ or Mountain or whoever you are. :p (Your Brewers seem to be in pretty good shape, given last season.)

I'm very highly amused that Daz Cameron is drafted in the 1st round 4 times in a row, finally signing with the Dodgers, only to be kept in the low minors, then finally exposed to the rule 5.

Rommel

I'm pretty happy with the 3 picks I got. I'll likely be able to keep them all.

Again if anyone is interested in players just let me know.

I'm open to offers on

Magneruis Sierra OF
Jurickson Profar SS
Kolten Wong 2B
Marcell Ozuna OF
Kevin Plawecki C

Again with Ozuna I'm willing to give you any 3 prospects of your choice(excluding Warner and McElroy) out of my farm system for a bag of balls.

brentech

I think Kevin Plawecki was my only target, but I have an IFA I feel decent about promoting.
Can't remember who my starting catcher was for 2022 =

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: Jan 3, 2023
Notes: We're into January, it's time to start moving to 14 day sims.
If you're really trying to make a deal on a FA, it's time to best offer the guy.

Mike Mussina, Ichiro Suzuki, Gary Sheffield, and Jim Thome were all inducted to the HOF this year. Was that our biggest class?

I forgot to vote this year. Got another bullpen piece. Had to spend my money somewhere, so I figured high leverage relievers would be an easy place to improve without long term commitments. Got a couple holes still, but team is looking good going in to next year.

brentech

Hrm, for some reason the upload failed earlier, so here I go again.

Sim: 14 days
Date: Jan 17, 2023
Notes: We begin to move along quickly with 14 day sims.

edit: I was willing to ride out my 24 year old IFA catcher, signed back in 2015, but I managed to sign Buster Posey. I feel like this completes by team for the year, just need guys to have developed a bit further.

Rommel

No team makes a one for one offer.
Also, haven't I already ran him in recent history?

Ugh this is brutal. Trade market sucks now, I'm relegated to taking compensation picks for 2 super stars next year.

I think you ran him last year for me. I thought it was Plawecki that you ran for me recently.

Hey Brent, can you run Jesse WInker for me?

It's funny - I wanted Winker for years, and when I got him, the fans didn't care and he had no great effect on the team.

Taking a look at how my minors is shaking out, I've got a ton of impact SP arms about to come up. I've got 4 guys with real potential that could be up by the end of the year. Position players not so much. Might give me the flexibility to trade a starter, even a guy like Danner, if the right deal comes along.

Can't wait for spring training to shake some things out. I've been positioning my stud prospect Figueroa for CF for a bit now, thinking this is the year he takes the position full-time. But now my staff leapfrogged a 19 year old with 10 games above single-A over him in the depth chart. Now I have 5 outfielders for 2 slots, one of whom is untradable.

Yeah, I get blank news items fairly regularly as well. I want to read the ones related to my team (with the red exclamation), but can't when they're blank, obviously.

I get blank news items throughout the year. I think it happens to me if I miss a day or two of uploading my team file. I've also gotten random personal messages since we started the league in '16. Seems like it's been a bug that has never gotten fixed.

brentech

I get blank news items throughout the year. I think it happens to me if I miss a day or two of uploading my team file. I've also gotten random personal messages since we started the league in '16. Seems like it's been a bug that has never gotten fixed.

I was just about to ask this. Back when eznark would advance the league, if I didn't delete all my emails and export my file, I would get invisible emails. It's never happened since I starting being the one to sim.

Choomp

Banned
Hey I kind of forgot about joining this when school started and I got really busy, but I'd like to join as the White Sox if that can happen

brentech

No one do any updates to OOTP until I edit this post. I will import everything and then add Choomp to the game, and re upload without simming.

Edit: Team list is updated on the website and in the OP. We currently have 17 active GMs in the league now.

Choomp: Please head to http://gobl.obleague.com/league-file-instructions/ for instructions on how to join the league inside the game. Once downloaded and unpacked, you can load the league and select the White Sox who I created your GM as in control of. You're free do do your thing from there. If you have any questions about the league or how to do something --- ask away.
Please confirm when you are able to export your league file.

Choomp

Banned
Hey I'm sorry but I'm kind of having trouble doing this on Mac. It's not showing me the location I'm supposed to save this to and also I can't really find a good 7zip for Mac. Idk, I feel really dumb but it might be better off if i just don't do this lol

Hey I'm sorry but I'm kind of having trouble doing this on Mac. It's not showing me the location I'm supposed to save this to and also I can't really find a good 7zip for Mac. Idk, I feel really dumb but it might be better off if i just don't do this lol

On a mac the folder is Library\Application Support\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 17

Try opening finder and choosing Go->Go To Folder and putting in:

/users/xxxxxx/Library/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 17

where xxxxxx is your username on your Mac.

I use unarchiver for 7zip etc: http://unarchiver.c3.cx/unarchiver

Choomp

Banned
On a mac the folder is Library\Application Support\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 17

Try opening finder and choosing Go->Go To Folder and putting in:

/users/xxxxxx/Library/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 17

where xxxxxx is your username on your Mac.

I use unarchiver for 7zip etc: http://unarchiver.c3.cx/unarchiver

Okay thanks great that worked for me. Now I'm just not sure what human manager I'm supposed to pick.

brentech

Sorry wait I don't see that on the list of Managers, idk if i did something wrong er..

when you open up, you don't see this?
ZCPyfTD.png

Top Bottom