• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

brentech

Today sim only covers 1 day. I ran it that way in order to see if the league file would now would for Choomp.

Choomp, please delete your previous league file, and go and use the league file manually. http://gobl.obleague.com/league-file-instructions/
Try that process again, and hopefully it will be working this time. If so, you should be able to update the league file from within the game from now on.

Indians already down an outfielder for a couple weeks. Collision at the base, sprained wrist.

brentech

I'm in now. How do I export the roster file when I'm done?

We sim every day, you don't have to do something everyday to play, but when you download the league file:

Click FILE -> Online League -> Download Latest League File

and when you want to export your changes

Click FILE -> Online League -> Export Your Team via FTP
or
On the right side of the screen you can select the 'Manager & GM Actions" button, then select "Export Team via FTP"

You can see who has exported their file and when the league was last updated on the following page:
http://gobl.obleague.com/lg/reports/news/html/leagues/export_reader.php

Green means the team has exported since the latest league update, red they have not.

I was starting to think I might be able to rebound from last season... and then I see that OOTP has projected me as the worst team in the league.

Great.

Oakland was projected at or near the bottom last year and won like 106.

There are two projections - one at the beginning of ST, one at the end.

OAK was projected 1st at the end IIRC.

I have hopes the same will happen to me.

And Singleton is projected to hit 46 HRs and 115 RBIs? The guy who's pushing 300 lbs? I think they misspelled 'Octavio Morales'.

I'm also amused that 'Top players' has Ponce listed as the #12 pitcher in GOBL, but 'Positional strength by position' has him listed as the 26th best starter. Make up your mind, OOTP!

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: Mar 13, 2023
Notes: Had to sim and walk away, will update if needed. And that failed miserably, I forgot to check mark sim for 7 days. It's doing it now.

edit: Sonny Gray injured for the season.

brentech

Date: Mar 20, 2023
Notes: Another sim that happened like 2 hours ago, just had to get out the door when I started it.
Chicago Cubs owner died. His son takes over.
Justin Verlander to miss 4 months
St Louis Cardinals owner died. His son takes over.
Cardinals Marcelino to miss 5-6 months with a concussion.
Brewers lose Gilbert Lara for 5 months.

Not long til opening day. :)

Those season long injuries sure do sting though. I feel for you guys.

I signed Ken Giles to be my setup man last year, and he got hurt early and missed most of the year, which felt like a kick in the junk. But thankfully he came back in time for the playoffs and was sharp in the post-season, giving me 7+ quality innings over 6 games of work, with a win and a save.

I was fortunate that I had a pretty deep pen already, and was able to absorb the blow. The right injury in the wrong spot can be devastating for any team.

Loved Ken Giles as an Athletic. Solid dude.

I've had a TON of pitching elbows blow over the last few years. Even got a new trainer to try and mitigate that. Oh well, what can you do. Relievers are the easiest to replace really.

Ready for the season to get started. Allow the countdown to disappointment... BEGIN!

brentech

Date: Apr 3, 2023
Notes: Caught up in Halloween stuff, sim is currently running.
edit: BNN Stats shows the richest contracts in GOBL, Detroit has 3 of them.

Looks like San Diego is going to get all of its highly rated prospects going this year. Prediction model has them right there with the Dodgers. CPU led youth movement!

brentech

Sim: 6 days
Date: Apr 9, 2023
Notes: OPENING DAY SIM IS TOMORROW
Cut your active roster down to 25, try to be sure that everyone on the active roster is also on the 40 man.
If your active roster is not at 25, you risk a organization set up by the CPU.

To the Waiver Wire!

Brent, if you wouldn't mind... could you throw OAK 2B Orlando Arcia into the trade-o-matic?

If anyone's interested, Arcia plays a 75 2B and 65 SS, makes $1.4m and is rated 51/61 by OSA.

Thanks!

Brent could you also shove Andy Ward P (MIN) into the trade smasher and see if anything oozes out. Thanks.

And like CQ, humans are welcome if they're interested. He's rated very highly by the OSA (and my scout), but his numbers have yet to mirror that valuation. If there's any interest lemmeknow.

Edit: The pre-season predictions changed wildly for a number of teams. I had never noticed that there were two sets of predictions- one at the beginning and one and the end of spring, like acheron (I think) mentioned. I usually just checked it out right before the season started, out of curiosity.

Brent could you also shove Andy Ward P (MIN) into the trade smasher and see if anything oozes out. Thanks.

And like CQ, humans are welcome if they're interested. He's rated very highly by the OSA (and my scout), but his numbers have yet to mirror that valuation. If there's any interest lemmeknow.

Edit: The pre-season predictions changed wildly for a number of teams. I had never noticed that there were two sets of predictions- one at the beginning and one and the end of spring, like acheron (I think) mentioned. I usually just checked it out right before the season started, out of curiosity.

I went from an 88 win prediction to a 74 win prediction. Ouch.

I'm looking to make a trade. I'm in need of a 4th OF. He needs to play a passable CF 55+, really value defense but a decent bat would help. Would like a young guy but I can take on an older vet as long as the contract isn't too long.

I also have Matt Moore available. He had a fantastic year last year but I've got a ton of young pitching about to take over.

I'm in the red so I can't take on money, but if you have some 1 year contracts you want to dump in the trade, we could make it work

Sadly, my options are limited in that area. Have a ton coming off the books (probably) after '24 and '25 though. For all the good it does me now.

Sadly, my options are limited in that area. Have a ton coming off the books (probably) after '24 and '25 though. For all the good it does me now.
OK no worries. I've got one more year of Stanton before I get 30 Mil cleared off of the books. And all my SPs are expiring a year after the each. Probably going to have to let them all go I think.

brentech

Sim: 4 days
Date: Apr 13, 2023
Note: Simmed just enough days to where each team had their first game (Detroit had a double header with Toronto on the 3rd day.) This allows all the roster checks to go through, fix teams over 25 active and all players on 40 man that way I don't have to worry about that again.

So, most teams have played 2 or 3 games at this point.

OAK 2B Orlando Arcia into the trade-o-matic?

If anyone's interested, Arcia plays a 75 2B and 65 SS, makes $1.4m and is rated 51/61 by OSA.
TzobCH7.png

hIj1Li9.png

Brent could you shove STL SP Michael Wacha into the machine as well.

He's available to any human GMs who want to make a run this year
1 option, LAA - Nolan Arenado - 3B

Top Bottom