• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

Voting for All Stars. DiCaprio is 5.4 WAR already. Bedgood at 5.8, Phillies middle infield is 9.8 already. Peguero with a slugging percentage of over .700!

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: July 20, 2023
Notes: I'm back home now, should resume normal sims.

Phillies cruising with 61 wins and 15 games ahead of 2nd in their division. Same with the Blue Jays, 59 wins with 16 1/2 games ahead.
All other divisions are close enough that those leads could change in a single sim.

Jeremy Burton in his first full season was player of the game in the ASG!

For some reason about a month into the season whenever I asked my coaches to set my rotation they would put Kolby Allard at closer. Today I looked at his profile and it says is projected role in GOBL right now is bullpen. His expected role is starting rotation. He's been starting for 6 years! He's my ace 79 overall! He started the year fine but as soon as they wanted to put him in he bullpen he's been trash. Maybe it's my new pitching coach? Got to fire that bum and my scout for thinking Pegeuro is only a 74

All right, those of you with starting pitching to get rid of, make me offers. I don't have a lot of salary room so I can't take your awful contracts.

Twins are defending our title meekly, but we just got back Piscotty and Gordon is 3 days away from coming off the DL, so maybe we can still make a run at the WC in the second half. Got to get those engines started though.

brentech

Date: July 27, 2023
Notes:

Indians Ronald Washington has really stepped up this season. Improving his batting average each of his 4 seasons in the league (currently sitting at .282), he has also knocked 8 more balls out of the park over his entire 2022 season, and generated 12 more RBI.

Glad to see he finally developed. I had high hopes for the kid. Could probably use his peak years, but I got a lot of value out of Bauer. Classic win-win trade.

brentech

Glad to see he finally developed. I had high hopes for the kid. Could probably use his peak years, but I got a lot of value out of Bauer. Classic win-win trade.
Yea. I was getting worried because my scout thought he was ready to go years ago and his output was just kind of meh.
Still young though and if he can stay healthy he'll probably do some great things.

5-1 sim, O's are starting to show signs of life. Carson has pitched well, really happy with my young starters this year. Hoping Danner turns it around or he might be in the bullpen soon.

TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT:

HOU sends:
SP Cody Ponce (GOBL)

ARI sends:
C Kevin Plawecki (GOBL)
CF Magneuris Sierra (AAA)
SP Todd Peterson (AAA)
2B Nick Derr (AAA)
SP Luis Arellano (AA)
CF Norberto Herrera (S-A)

brentech

TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT:

HOU sends:
SP Cody Ponce (GOBL)

ARI sends:
C Kevin Plawecki (GOBL)
CF Magnerius Sierra (GOBL)
SP Todd Peterson (AAA)
2B Nick Derr (AAA)
SP Luis Arellano (AA)
CF Norberto Herrera (S-A)
Arizona can't afford the offered players. Their budget would drop from 725K to -3.6M

Rommel

Arizona can't afford the offered players. Their budget would drop from 725K to -3.6M

That is bizarre. I under spent on draft picks by 7 million and those two should cover the difference. Back to the drawing board it seems. Screw this owner.

brentech

Sim: 4 days
Date: July 31, 2023
Note: Final day to trade without waiver.

Indians had a 10 inning game with the Angels that ended with a 3 banger walk off to win, followed by an 18 inning game, solo walk off home run for a 4-3 win.
Guys are coming up clutch.

Sweeping 4 from the Jays on the road may be a good sign for the second half, although my 2B is back to "diagnosis pending" after just coming off the DL. Gah! Been an uphill battle all year.

Trade!

Seattle sends:

LF Steven Souza (GOBL)
LF Jed Whitehead (S-A)
LF Dalton Ewing (AAA)
RP Danny Brown (A)

Houston sends:

SP Cody Ponce (GOBL)
CF Robinson Gomez (R)

brentech

Date: Aug 8, 2023
Notes: Late sim. If anyone has a real issue with another sim tomorrow, just let me know.

Mike Trout hit his 300th HR

All my pitchers are on fire now that I signed a new pitching coach! Allard still only projected as bullpen though I don't know what the hell happened to him. Probably my best sim this season. Only a game back from the wild card.

One of my minor league pitchers pitched a no hitter and lost.

Now that Ponce is gone, my mostly unproven pitchers are starting to finally pitch. I'm still playing above .500 ball too! Maybe this team is a sneaky WC contender?

brentech

Date: Aug 22, 2023
Notes: Indians lost another SP, Yoiber Marquino, lost for 8-9 months. Down 2 starting pitchers and a RP, my team is starting to struggle.

6-4, .500 record only 3.5 back in the WC.

Ponce is 3-0 in 4 starts striking out 9 per 9. If Mike Trout would just remember how to hit righties I'd be really happy.

The A's stand on a precipice. The view is only one direction. Down. I've had a good run, the window is closing. I am the 90s Braves, without 1995. May the tears run in Oakland like the feces in Oakland Alameda County Coliseum after a drizzle. Alas, woe is Oakland! Alas!

The A's stand on a precipice. The view is only one direction. Down. I've had a good run, the window is closing. I am the 90s Braves, without 1995. May the tears run in Oakland like the feces in Oakland Alameda County Coliseum after a drizzle. Alas, woe is Oakland! Alas!

lol

The Twins keep clinging to that Wild Card range. I'm hoping that now that we're mostly healthy that we'll find ourselves in a good spot down the stretch. If we get in and are healthy, we'll have a chance.

brentech

Date: Aug 29, 2023
Notes: Short sim to the 1st tomorrow, which also opens up roster expansion.

Current Leaders and game lead
Code:
Blue Jays - 9 1/2
Indians - 5
Angels / A's - 5

Phillies - 13
Brewers - 2 1/2
Padres - 11

Top Bottom