• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

brentech

I'm really going to need my outfielders to start chipping in with some hits to go any further. Through 5 playoff games, the bulk of my run support goes through just 4 players.

brentech

Sim: 3 days
Date: Oct 22, 2023
Notes: What a great division round, god damn. Congrats to those moving to the Championship Series.

Damn away team won every game of the series. Can't believe we pulled it out. Bedgood is the new Aroid. Now the Padres. Pretty evenly split in the season series at 1-5....

75% chance for human champ, 50% chance for AL champ :p (I can math.)

Good luck rest of the way humans.

I'm at least relieved that dealing Andy Ward to SD was not a problem. He stunk it up real nice. (68 ERA+ You go Andy!) And I think Ashe Russell will be a nice piece of a strong pen for me, going forward.

I know we're not at the off-season yet, but I'm considering dealing Luis Solis. He's got another year before arbitration and is a left handed bat with excellent power. If anyone has any interest, I'm willing to talk.

Nice got a split and my pitching isn't allowing many runs. The CPU's need to fuck off with the roids had to face Peguero, Bedgood, and now Dan Wilson

My scouting director doesn't want to return to the team. I hate having all the ratings change

My SD is quitting on me too. Suuuuucks

EDIT: I got Posey'd. Not looking good for the green and gold in this here ALCS. Cleveland is a freight train.

brentech

Date: Oct 28, 2023
Notes:
While ahead in their series, Atlanta suffered an injury, so I didn't want to force the sim to 4 days to get to game 7.

Fucking shit. If Freddie isn't DTD I have no chance . I could deal with Willie's overrated ass being hurt cause he was probably just gonna choke it up like always and I have a lot of OF's but Freddie has been my most consistent postseason bat.

Hopefully we can get one of these next two so there will at least be another human champion.

Wow even though it was a sweep those were some close games in the ALCS. Only out scored him by 5 runs

Braves are ready if you wanted to sim to the WS tonight.

God damn it

I hadn't checked update in a while, and come back to see that Ian Anderson, who missed all of last season with Tommy Johnson, tore his rotator cuff. Out 8 months.

God damn it

I hadn't checked update in a while, and come back to see that Ian Anderson, who missed all of last season with Tommy Johnson, tore his rotator cuff. Out 8 months.

That Tommy Johnson. Such a troublemaker. Did they go on some kind of road trip or something?

Damn Padres had to win 3 straight to win the division series and they're about to do the same in the NLCS. With Freddie going down for 4 weeks I don't know how we pull this off. Hopefully Allard becomes an ace again like he was at the beginning of the season and shut them down.

None of my remaining position players are making more than the league minimum now.

Braves are ready for game 7!

Lol was up 7-0 when Kolby Allard allowed 8 runs in the 5th and 6th innings. Manager waited until he allowed 14 hits and 8 runs before he took him out. AI controlled managing in the playoffs is stupid. What kind of decision was that?!

I don't know what happened to Allard. Like a third of the way through the season his ERA just doubled and his projection dropped to just Bullpen.

I didn't expect to even make the playoffs this year so making it this far was great especially since I got the Phillies out of it. Was a fun season.

Golden State Crimson Tide

Actually this is more like the Oklahoma City Crimson Tide

Also like a Clippers choke job.

San Diego - Cleveland World Series. Go #TeamHuman!!!

And 1,000 virtual Fox employees jump out their windows.

BTW... nothing like a new Scouting Director to turn one's world upside down. Wow.

brentech

Date: Nov 10, 2023
Notes: THE INDIANS WIN THE WORLD SERIES!!!!
Offseason Begins. Make your option choices over the next 30 hours or so. (next sim tomorrow)

ergtT1u.png

Buster Posey opted out of his second year with the team.
cry.gif

Deciding to go all in on a contract with him was the best GM decision I have made in this league. God damn he was phenomenal, especially in the playoffs.13 RBIs

Rommel

Congratz Commish! The dismantling of AZ begins :( Hope Ozuna decided to bail and take the opt out.

Mahtook is available for anyone interested.

Congrats Cleveland!

Well I think my willy nilly spending on free agents has caught up to me. I had another generation of Illitch die during the season and his son took over. He is not opening the checkbook like owners past. Maybe after I get $30 million of Miggy off the books next year I'll be allowed to go out and sign whomever I want.

Congratulations Commish/Tribe! Now losing that tight WC game stings even more...thanks. ;)

It's nice that the champ has come from the AL Central back-to-back, as well as being human twice in a row now. I think Indians and Twins are the only two teams in GOBL history that have played in multiple Series and also won one, in terms of human control, I mean. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) Go ALC!

It was a very fun season overall. Looking forward to 2024.

Both my pitching coach and hitting coach decided to hang 'em up. That stings. Promoting from within again, and I'm happy with who I've got to bring up, but I hate losing that continuity in a bundle like that.

brentech

The playoff screen didn't show WS MVP like normal, but I think Posey won it.

anyways, it's that time of year where I have to decipher who isn't still playing the game. Claude (brewers) is currently out.
I think Cubs and White Sox might also be open.

lol Bauer

And Springer. Funny.

Closest to what I need is Porcello, but I need something slightly different. Bauer has what Porcello lacks in that department, but I got rid of him because he just started to suck.

Guess it's a pass, then. 1 more season of a fan favorite for $5m is tolerable. Hoped there'd be one or two gems, but I guess that's what the rule-5 is for.

brentech

So I had noticed something strange in that I didn't get a message saying the Indians won the world series or anything like that. And it wasn't added to the history. Then I just did today's short 3 day simulation and the history shows the A's and Braves in the World Series, but neither having won it (neither team is bolded). Yet on the Champions tab of league history, it shows the Indians having won.

I think our league might be borked.

Date: Nov 13, 2023
Notes:

So I had noticed something strange in that I didn't get a message saying the Indians won the world series or anything like that. And it wasn't added to the history. Then I just did today's short 3 day simulation and the history shows the A's and Braves in the World Series, but neither having won it (neither team is bolded). Yet on the Champions tab of league history, it shows the Indians having won.

Notes:

Yeah that's weird. Also showing you had a season score of 101 out of 100 lol

Rommel

Notes:

Any takes for Mahtook in the ole Trade - O - Matic?

brentech

Sim: 7 Days
Date: Nov 20, 2023
Notes: Will probably sim 10 days to get to arb hearings tomorrow.

Will run Mahtook after this sim completes. Won't be around right when it happens, so later this evening.

Top Bottom