• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

Yo. I'll give up to three prospects to get a 1B that's worth a damn. Let Oakland replenish your farm system. My window is closing, need to make this happen.

Hi NeoGAF OOTP community! Rich here from Out of the Park Developments.

I wanted to drop by and say a massive Thank You for all your support. Believe it or not, Out of the Park Baseball 17 was the first OOTP title to sell 100,000 copies (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/press...irst_time_ever_surpasses_100000units_sold.php) which is a massive milestone and kind of unprecedented for a tiny little company like ours. We also were named 2016 PC Game of the Year by Metacritic.

Not a bad day!

Each of you are a huge part of why we've been successful, and we appreciate the love more than you can imagine. That's why it makes me doubly happy to let you know we've just published this blog post on our site about your amazing league: http://blog.ootpdevelopments.com/gaf-online-baseball-league-gives-thanks-for-ootp/

Thank you for all your support through the years. Here's to an even better 2017!

Rommel

I wanted to drop by and say a massive Thank You for all your support. Believe it or not, Out of the Park Baseball 17 was the first OOTP title to sell 100,000 copies (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/press...irst_time_ever_surpasses_100000units_sold.php) which is a massive milestone and kind of unprecedented for a tiny little company like ours. We also were named 2016 PC Game of the Year by Metacritic.

Not a bad day!

Each of you are a huge part of why we've been successful, and we appreciate the love more than you can imagine. That's why it makes me doubly happy to let you know we've just published this blog post on our site about your amazing league: http://blog.ootpdevelopments.com/gaf-online-baseball-league-gives-thanks-for-ootp/

Thank you for all your support through the years. Here's to an even better 2017!

Congratz on the success. I've been playing OOTP since the first version.

Maaaaan. I look like a sucker in that Bauer blurb. Dude help me win 110 games in 2019! (OK, Musgrove, Ponce and Honeywell won 21, 20 and 18 respectively, but still.)

When I came into this thread, I didn't realize I'd discover a picture of Yung Brent, lol.

We're officially prime time. Time to fire all my underlings and take back my true place is dictator of the Marlins!

come one, come all, Mets Flea Market is open!!! Need a starter??? Zack Wheeler is your man!!! Need an overpiced veteran to lead your young rascals tot he promise land??? Avisail Garcia is your man!! want to help a fellow GM who fucked up his team finances??? Im your man!!!

Not a bad day!

Well-earned success. I hope things continue in a positive direction for you guys. You've got a loyal customer in me, if nothing else. (and everyone here, I'd assume) Keep up the amazing work!

come one, come all, Mets Flea Market is open!!! Need a starter??? Zack Wheeler is your man!!! Need an overpiced veteran to lead your young rascals tot he promise land??? Avisail Garcia is your man!! want to help a fellow GM who fucked up his team finances??? Im your man!!!

It's a circus of...well, not quite values, but it's a circus alright! :p Good luck getting everything sorted. I remember at the start of our league, I was in a financial mess. Not of my own doing, granted, but it was nevertheless an unpleasant situation to be in. No one knows the tightening of my sphincter that took place in paying Yamamoto. :p (I almost paid Gallo a couple years ago, but thankfully I didn't offer enough. He was never really a Twins type of player. Nice player, of course, just not my type.) I've been about as conservative as a GM could be, carrying money to spend year after year, significant money, given my market. But truthfully, I wouldn't enjoy things as much, if I was living the life of a gangsta in LA, throwing money around for fun. I'm a bit of a masochist like that anyway. That confinement is kind of...comforting for me.

I hope I get the guy I want in the rule 5! Three guys in my list, but only one I really want. I pick 10th, so who knows, but I've had fantastic luck so far in my career, with Abbott and Irving Williams both rule 5 guys. (I still feel like I owe you a PTBNL for Williams, dmncnby.)

It's a circus of...well, not quite values, but it's a circus alright! :p Good luck getting everything sorted. I remember at the start of our league, I was in a financial mess. Not of my own doing, granted, but it was nevertheless an unpleasant situation to be in. No one knows the tightening of my sphincter that took place in paying Yamamoto. :p (I almost paid Gallo a couple years ago, but thankfully I didn't offer enough. He was never really a Twins type of player. Nice player, of course, just not my type.) I've been about as conservative as a GM could be, carrying money to spend year after year, significant money, given my market. But truthfully, I wouldn't enjoy things as much, if I was living the life of a gangsta in LA, throwing money around for fun. I'm a bit of a masochist like that anyway. That confinement is kind of...comforting for me.

As a RL Brewers fan, and a person who always historically played the Brewers in OOTP, I'm very comfortable being extremely tight-fisted with the cash. It's why I'm always extremely aggressive in changing direction and rebuilding the roster, and why the core of my teams are almost always arb-eligible players. I'm going into 2024 with a lineup with only 2 guys over 27, and this is Fisher's last year, and Abbott has a strategically placed opt-out after 2025.

brentech

Reminder, I would like to run the Rule 5 Draft tonight, with no sim tomorrow.
If you haven't updated your rule 5, but want to, please let me know.

brentech

Decided to be safe and give everyone time to make a Rule 5 list if they needed. I will run the draft today around 4 et, or as soon as I get the chance to after then.

Just a 1 day sim, then back to 7 day.

brentech

Sim: 1 day
Date: Dec 31, 2023
Notes: Rule 5 is completed.

Kind of funny, I took a third baseman and had a younger one taken from me.

I got the guy I wanted! Christmas is saved!

I thought we wanted the same guy, but the guy I really wanted went at pick 11 to the Royals. My scout really liked Enriquez and his character stuff was off the charts.

Surprised I got anything since my draft list was 2 players. Got a cheap relief arm with some potential but I'm not sure if he sticks.

Rommel

I thought we wanted the same guy, but the guy I really wanted went at pick 11 to the Royals. My scout really liked Enriquez and his character stuff was off the charts.

Surprised I got anything since my draft list was 2 players. Got a cheap relief arm with some potential but I'm not sure if he sticks.

Yeah Enriquez is who I wanted. Probably would have been my starting 1B

I got kinda screwed, I don't think my list saved because I listed a guy that went in the 9th round. That's the second time I've had a list not save, my draft list didn't properly show up last draft either :/

I also lost a guy 1st overall that I somehow didn't have on my list even though he was a 50/70 guy. Might have been on the disabled list or something in my minors?

Grabbed a CFer my scout thinks has 80 potential, which considering where I am with CF options is a nice cheap option. Also nabbed a decent potential SP.

Lost a third baseman to Brent who never panned out for me, a second baseman who was old for AA but put up good numbers there, and a closer who never panned out.

I'm just amused that Mike Donadio has now been traded, claimed off waivers, then rule 5'd in that order.

The top guy I wanted, Pacheco is going right into my starting CF role.

I had 3 guys on my list, drafted 2, and the third, Tulio Aldocer, went to Detroit.

I was also on the Enriquez hype train. Settled for a 60+ fielder at 2b 3b and ss to be my backup middle infielder. Success.

I kinda feel bad for Donadio. Dude was a decent player for me, really went south after that trade.

Hey, just grabbed OOTP 17 (finally) during the latest Steam sale, so I'd like to join up and takeover the Pirates if at all possible. Been playing OOTP for years, so I know how it rolls.

Thanks in Advance!

Rommel

Hey, just grabbed OOTP 17 (finally) during the latest Steam sale, so I'd like to join up and takeover the Pirates if at all possible. Been playing OOTP for years, so I know how it rolls.

Thanks in Advance!

Look forward to having you aboard, the Pirates need some love

brentech

Sim: 7 Days
Date: Jan 6, 2024
Notes: Albert Pujols, Roy Halladay have been inducted to the HoF.
Curtis Granderson, Carl Crawford, Fernando Rodney have been dropped from the list.

Kinda crazy to see Marcus Semien retire at 34. Put up a 2.0 WAR last year in 81 games.

Also, Joe Mauer retired with 2,220 hits and a .308 career average and a 49 career WAR, averaging 4.0 per season.

Kris Medlen also retired. Not a huge notice, but he was out of baseball entirely in 2019 after starting 27 games in 2018. He came back to pitch 11 games in AAA in 2020, and finally made it back to the bigs in 2021 with the White Sox, pitching 13 games in relief. He held out two more seasons before officially hanging em up.

I'll miss Mauer. He was my go-to add when I needed a quick leadership boost. Treated him as a defacto player/bench coach.

And despite my best efforts, it appears that I will be unable to sign Mike Matuella. If only I had Lavisky and Winker's dead $26 million available... well, I'd probably sign Yodo Yamamoto.

Rommel

OF - Mikie Mahtook is available for relatively cheap. Only under contract for 2 more years (team option for 3rd year)

Johan Quevedo won the MVP?

Mike Trout finished second?

Also I've been getting messages for other teams, so maybe the two things are related.

Edit: Yeah the stats were from the time he won the MVP, must be a weird glitch.

Also Kendall Graveman, the $20mm a year middle reliever retired due to injury.

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: Jan 13, 2024
Notes: Move to 14 day sims tomorrow?
Christian Yelich diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, jesus.
No recovery for Kendall Graveman, career ends to shoulder inflammation.

Rommel

Sim: 7 days
Date: Jan 13, 2024
Notes: Move to 14 day sims tomorrow?
Christian Yelich diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, jesus.
No recovery for Kendall Graveman, career ends to shoulder inflammation.

Yeash. Poor Yelich.

Queso got his revenge against Graveman.

Now that I have my revenge I am left empty. It doesn't feel as good as I thought it would.

Still feels a little good.

But wow on the Yelich thing. First, that's dark. Second, we are in, what, our 9th season now? First time something like this has come up, right? OOTP continues to impress with all its hidden amazements like this.

Anyone have a player that continually refuses to go away and defies expectations over time? I've got a guy that has continued to stick around and perform despite all indications.

V8BmQ53.jpg

He's no leader, he doesn't give a shit about you, could not care less about winning, and he's a lazy moron, lol.

Despite all that, he's been a decent pitcher for me, and his (overall) ratings have continually been creeping up over the years. He's now in the mid 60's for both my scout and the OSA, yet he was never rated highly during the early part of his career, but his performance just kept warranting promotion. He has pitched very well over the past couple of seasons in the bigs (and acceptably for a couple years before that.) and was excellent in his lone post-season, pitching 21+ innings in our Series-winning year. Such an interesting case/player for me.

Edit: Oh, and he throws in the 80's. What a player!

Top Bottom