• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

brentech

Sim: 12 days
Date: Dec 2, 2023
Notes: We have simmed through the arbitration date. Check your players new contracts and get ready for the Free Agency market to open tomorrow (possibly Sunday, have an early Christmas with some of my wife's family tomorrow).

Since the game didn't generate a WS news blurb, I had to write my own (shitty) spot for the website: http://gobl.obleague.com/

Dan Wilson of the Padres was 2nd in NL MVP voting with a .301/.364/.640 slash line, an 8.7 WAR and 57 HR as a shortstop.

Best thing about him though? His nickname is "Fertile"

brentech

Remember, depending on what time I get home, there may or may not be a sim today.

can you run zack wheeler thru? aslo everybody, zack wheeler can be had, maybe for a ctacher. let me know
No offers.
Ick... nothing good there. Lame.

Can you run Luken Baker?

TpRxQai.png

I'm ok with that. Money saving prop :)

I was considering that maneuver as a salary dump when shopping Fisher, but he's not getting paid that much anyway, and he's a fan fave.

My scout really likes Gott, btw. Wanting to trade and keep him isn't the worst idea. Maybe I'll go after him in FA!

Rommel

I was considering that maneuver as a salary dump when shopping Fisher, but he's not getting paid that much anyway, and he's a fan fave.

My scout really likes Gott, btw. Wanting to trade and keep him isn't the worst idea. Maybe I'll go after him in FA!

I'll take a shot at extending him

This looks like an outstanding FA class. Don't know if I'll be able to dip my toe in the waters, but with just the pure number of solid guys someone is going to land a bargain.

brentech

Sim: 3 Days
Date: Dec 7, 2023
Notes: Free Agency is open!

Had company over when I would normally sim. Just a couple signings with this short sim.

brentech

Sim: 3 Days
Date: Dec 10, 2023
Notes: Will switch back to 7 day sims tomorrow or the next day.

Ticket prices are rising for the defending Champs. Finally moving up to $25.00

Only return is
Pit - Jin-De Jhang C

That's kind of surprising to me. Young, recent ROTY, left-handed power bat coming off 30+ HR season and getting paid nothing, and there's essentially zero interest. Granted, he's a defensive liability, but he ought to generate something. Stupid CPU.

That's kind of surprising to me. Young, recent ROTY, left-handed power bat coming off 30+ HR season and getting paid nothing, and there's essentially zero interest. Granted, he's a defensive liability, but he ought to generate something. Stupid CPU.

I'll give you a couple prospects for him unless you need some bullpen help. #LetsGetTheHotStoveHot

If there's one thing it tells me, it's that I'm stuck with Octavio Morales, since he and Solis are practically the same guy.

I've decided to stand pat on Solis. (For the 3 of you guys I've been discussing a possible swap with.)

I may want to move him down the road, but after reflection, I'm afraid I may mess with the balance of my lineup if I do it now.

I'm pleased to get Yamamoto. I hope he doesn't bust though. I think he's the missing element to really push this group, if he lives up to his Japan rep. I'm hoping he's my Ichiro, absent the cannon. I think his work ethic will mitigate any bust potential coming from Japan, hopefully.

I've been hoarding money for years, so I decided to open the purse, but the contract is front-loaded and he's my Piscotty replacement since I won't be picking up his option after this year, so it actually won't dent my budget too much, and long-term is a relative non-issue, I believe.

Rommel

I've decided to stand pat on Solis. (For the 3 of you guys I've been discussing a possible swap with.)

I may want to move him down the road, but after reflection, I'm afraid I may mess with the balance of my lineup if I do it now.

I'm pleased to get Yamamoto. I hope he doesn't bust though. I think he's the missing element to really push this group, if he lives up to his Japan rep. I'm hoping he's my Ichiro, absent the cannon. I think his work ethic will mitigate any bust potential coming from Japan, hopefully.

I've been hoarding money for years, so I decided to open the purse, but the contract is front-loaded and he's my Piscotty replacement since I won't be picking up his option after this year, so it actually won't dent my budget too much, and long-term is a relative non-issue, I believe.

Ugh not even giving me a chance to counter. Lame.

Rommel

Sorry guys. It wasn't my intention to pull the string when I discussed his availability. I just took a longer look at my roster this year and going forward, and felt like I needed to hold him at least this year.

No shenanigans on my part, just a change of perspective. Sorry if I got your engines revving for nothing.

I was talking about Yamamoto. I had the top offer going into the sim and he didn't even give me a chance to counter offer.

I was talking about Yamamoto. I had the top offer going into the sim and he didn't even give me a chance to counter offer.

That's cause we rolled out the red carpet. Our spies found out his fetishes and accommodated his quirks. :p He was all like:

zr9U0.gif

Where do I sign?

brentech

Sim: 5 Days
Date: Dec 29, 2023
Notes: PROTECT ANYONE YOU DON'T WANT TAKEN IN RULE 5
Rule 5. Tomorrow, you can make your lists. The draft will be run on Christmas Eve.

Top Bottom